Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? (25271 Views)

50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt / Masters Scholarship In The UK Vs N500k Monthly Job In Nigeria / Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by michaelbills(m): 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
Not somewhere close it the bad roads they are scared of.

SATANlST:
omo the thing dey tire me na. all they want to confirm is if you are going to somewhere close. if the place is close, they will tell u to cancel
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by greatbaba(m): 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
Well, I simply mean the assurance that you know every month, you'd get something, it aids for planning a lot of times and settling bills.
ajl:

Job security in Nigeria? Except for government jobs.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by yommen: 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
SQLmastar:
Keep the 60k job, since it comes with accommodation.
Find a good working class lady that earns at least 100k monthly. Friend her, chyke her, propose her and marry her. Both of you should live in that accommodation.
Then watch as your life would improve gradually.

You're welcome!

Na so e easy to just find woman with such pay?
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by greatbaba(m): 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2021
Well said.
treatise:

People may not know the import of Breaks until they're stuck on a pay job. Being self-employed may not bring that buck cash at once like salaries but it's more rewarding in the long run.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Shanid(m): 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
helpadvice:
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

please I need your advice urgently.

Currently employed on a 60K monthly salary with accommodation. But sometime ago I applied for Moove Uber before I started my current job and now they reached out to me with congratulations that I have been selected for their drive to own Uber stuff and I should come finalize and pick up the car, that it's ready with current batch.

I applied for the Moove then because it was the brand new 2016 Corolla and that was something I felt would be worth giving it a shot and doing it. But now I have a job doing and it's sort of stressful and very demanding, however, the Uber job will be stressful too, right?

I want to know from those with the experience with Moove Uber, is it worth trying for drive to own, can someone cope from start to finish, is it a feasible venture or another pipe dream?

Should I quit my job for this or remain on my job?

I don't want to make a mistake.

Please advice me. Thank you

FROM EXPERIENCE...PLEASE AND PLEASE...STICK TO THAT 60K JOB TILL YOU GET A BETTER OFFER....UBER IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY...I REPEAT , DONT LEAVE THAT JOB MBOK...E GET WHY OOO

1 Like

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by michaelbills(m): 6:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
Nigeria’s data shows drivers at the receiving end.

AfonjaBoston:

Shut your mouth.
Global data shows riders are more at the receiving end compared to drivers.

Unfortunately these murders are one-offs irrespective of the victim's side of the divide they are still terrible.
How a murderer thinks he/she can get away with murders that are easily traceable like this baffles me
At the end of the day we should still be doing the right things for the right reasons
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by helpadvice: 6:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
Yaks02:

Tell me the process and requirements to get a moove Africa car and there office too, I'll be grateful. Thank u
Just do a Google search for their website. Their office is at Maryland mall Ikeja

1 Like

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by alpharoyalty: 6:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
Please read the terms and conditions of Moove before taking your decision. From what I heard from those who have worked with them, you have just a little time to yourself, they have thier resumption time and closure time. Also they monitor your resting hours unlike the private owners. Ask questions pleaseeee
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Samirana360(m): 6:17pm On Nov 11, 2021
SATANlST:
waiting for all them annoying broke ass uber and bolt guys to come and blab blab how they make 600k in 2 hours.
useless bunch. abroad when u book an uber, he dosnt call u to ask where u are going or all those stupid questions. he only calls you to tel you he is in-front of your house but when you book these miserable bastards in naija, they will be calling to ask you rubbish questions angry angry angry
everything that enters naija gets abused . later they will start blaming buhari

QUOTE ME TO TALK TRASH AS AN UBER OR BOLT DRIVER AND HAVE A FATAL ACCIDENT angry angry angry

before u come defending your trash in the name of security, just know that naija no rough pass venezuela, brazil, south africa and other south american countries. yes i have been to most those countries and their drivers are not as annoying as nigerian drivers. the only country that their uber drivers behave like nigerians is india. useless bunch angry angry
f@@lish nigga....
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by helpadvice: 6:21pm On Nov 11, 2021
lavenjcrown:
Oh.. Sorry. Could you please tell me your definition of a family man?
I have a home with someone I take care of and responsible for.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by SATANlST: 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2021
Samirana360:

my papa f@@lish nigga....
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by SATANlST: 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
michaelbills:
Not somewhere close it the bad roads they are scared of.

i live in vi where 90% of the roads are good. my uber bold trips are always 5 to 10mins drive max. once they notice i am not going far, 8 out of 10 times, they cancel or ask me to cancel
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Meninblac(m): 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
Go for uber if you are in Lagos,abuja or Benin city.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by adventurez: 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2021
hood
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
helpadvice:
Thank you very much for your candid advice. I'm not the lazy type. Your screenshot is Bolt. That's the advantage with an independent Uber contractor. You can combine Uber and Bolt. But for this one, I can only drive for Uber. Can I make this kind of earnings driving Uber alone without Bolt? Thank you again
lol who told you that?
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
Olayetan:

From my side, moove's ideology is slavery, instead of moove, why not look for individual or company that gives out car on rental or HP and be paying a certain amount weekly till you own the car or able to buy yours.

Don't go with Moove pls.
its same thing… private owners ask you to remit weekly 35k, moove asks for 37k weekly and they service the car for you monthly. At the end of the day you own it. Same thing. For a serious driver its very doable. I do above 90k weekly so if i do 90k weekly and remit 37k tell me its bad
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Winnerly: 8:10pm On Nov 11, 2021
SATANlST:
i live in vi where 90% of the roads are good. my uber bold trips are always 5 to 10mins drive max. once they notice i am not going far, 8 out of 10 times, they cancel or ask me to cancel

Big lie. Who dash you money to pay rent?

I don’t think any sane person would carry someone like you to be honest.

1 Like

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by AfonjaBoston: 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2021
michaelbills:
Nigeria’s data shows drivers at the receiving end.

Show me the number
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Allisgud: 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
SQLmastar:
Find a good working class lady that earns at least 100k monthly. Friend her, chyke her, propose her and marry her. Both of you should live in that accommodation.

You're welcome!
See as u dey talk am like say u dey write Nollywood script
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by AfonjaBoston: 8:21pm On Nov 11, 2021
GboyegaD:

Never had a negative experience with them back in the days and I think those men were trustworthy.

You are right most of them are older men in their late 50s and 60s and that is what they have done all their lives.
Uber has destroyed their business. I took a regular taxi at a park months ago as drop and he was so professional
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Femeazy(m): 8:26pm On Nov 11, 2021
OP please link me up with the process to apply for this move.
Thanks
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Loveknitting: 9:25pm On Nov 11, 2021
SQLmastar:

Auzubilahe! What?

You're welcome!
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by northbird: 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2021
INDUSTRIALFAN:

I its same thing[s]… private owners ask you to remit weekly 35k, moove asks for 37k weekly and they service the car for you monthly. At the end of the day you own it. Same thing. For a serious driver its very doable. I do above 90k weekly so if i dol? 90k weekly and remit 37k tell me its bad

It's not. Private owners, you get the options of doing Bolt and/or Uber, also offline trips. With Moove, you are stuck with Uber.
Nobody monitors your hours or 55 trips. You could get an offline client that will use you for a week.

1 Like

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by mightymine(m): 9:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
Bro have you checked with the terms and conditions of Moove/Uber. Check it very well ooo before you jump into conclusion

1 Like

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by nwoye72: 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
Total lies and you are a deciever.. Nobody can make such money in uber in just a month. post=107521079]What are you doing with 60k monthly for crying out loud? That is 720k/annum....
Money you can make in 1 month driving Uber/Bolt

If you are hardworking you can even make 1 million naira. Just don't join the lazy gangs...

See attached picture of monthly gross[/quote]

1 Like

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by chrizzyace: 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Greed is good.

Oga self employed is not for everyone.. if you are comfortable with the job, continue with it. How much do you think you can make with Uber.

Money no dey Uber like before, crowd don enter am.

Shey e get business for this life wey crowd no Dey? Op if the job is stressful best you take the Uber job, work hard and smart you’ll be able to earn more than 60k a month...
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by deedee44: 11:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:
What are you doing with 60k monthly for crying out loud? That is 720k/annum....

If you are hardworking you can even make 1 million naira. Just don't join the lazy gangs...

See attached picture of monthly gross
This is wickedness. Why don't you post your own dashboard let him see how much you make monthly, and not some one off earnings you copied from the internet. Who can consistently gross over 900k monthly without perks which are not always available.
N.B after all deductions (fuel, uber commission, moove weekly delivery) what is left will be around 300k from this above average earning

2 Likes

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by SATANlST: 11:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
Winnerly:

Big lie. Who dash you money to pay rent?

I don’t think any sane person would carry someone like you to be honest.
you think say na everybody poor like your useless papa?
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Winnerly: 8:16am On Nov 12, 2021
SATANlST:
you think say na everybody poor like your useless papa?

Why bring my parents into this?
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by flavourwole: 8:20am On Nov 12, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:
What are you doing with 60k monthly for crying out loud? That is 720k/annum....

See attached picture of monthly gross
Please your number You can message me on 08136510609
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 8:26am On Nov 12, 2021
flavourwole:

Pleser

That's not mine.... It belongs to one guy cheerfulgiver

https://www.nairaland.com/2653841/uber-partner-lagos-please-share/4232

Join this thread. You will be guided accordingly. R
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:49am On Nov 12, 2021
northbird:

It's not. Private owners, you get the options of doing Bolt and/or Uber, also offline trips. With Moove, you are stuck with Uber.
Nobody monitors your hours or 55 trips. You could get an offline client that will use you for a week.
on moove you can do bolt or offline trips. The only binding thing is you have to do the amount of trips prescribed. Yes there’s a camera in the car but it is only there incase of an issue, they can use the feed to rewatch what happened. It doesn’t stream live to them so in the end they do not even know if you’re doing trips outside of uber and they don’t exactly care so long as you meet ur targets.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? / Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? / God Has Done It For Me, I Just Got A Good Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.