Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,670 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? (25270 Views)

50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt / Masters Scholarship In The UK Vs N500k Monthly Job In Nigeria / Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by GboyegaD(m): 3:15pm On Nov 11, 2021
AfonjaBoston:

@ GboyegaD see the mentality i was referring to.

Just smh. I believe drivers have a way of rating bad riders if all of them do it the riders will be compelled to act right.
So don't condone a rider that cheats the systems even though you will get paid still report it. Same way i will report a driver if they act stupid

I feel the rot has eaten so deep as I do not understand why someone will stoop so low to justify wrong acts all for money.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by GboyegaD(m): 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
stacyadams:
grin grin
chief if u order and driver is not going,if where ur going day u important ,u cancel and get another driver....same riders will carry driver to apapa,dump driver inside traffic jump okada..abi the ones going to next street instead of using okada,u want driver to drive 4km to pick rider going on 900 meter journey...no car parts is sold 500 naira, grin, ....

I don't see anything worth grinning over in your post so the emoji is not necessary. I normally wouldn't use those services in Nigeria as I believe in the Yellow and Black Taxi more and I don't mind paying what we negotiate as I believe I am a very fair person. What I do not appreciate is when you signed up for a service where you understand the terms and condition and you are not willing to do what is right, then leave for those who are willing to.

For the most of it, when I used bolt, I paid more than the app requested because I felt the struggles of maneuvering our roads and the time some of the drive took. Leave it to your passengers to treat you fairly in terms of tipping you rather than making paltry sums of N500 through cheating.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by AfonjaBoston: 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
stacyadams:

He should also console the guy that lost his eyes to traffic robbers on Eko bridge or the drivers who are still missing till today

Shut your mouth.
Global data shows riders are more at the receiving end compared to drivers.

Unfortunately these murders are one-offs irrespective of the victim's side of the divide they are still terrible.
How a murderer thinks he/she can get away with murders that are easily traceable like this baffles me
At the end of the day we should still be doing the right things for the right reasons
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Olayetan(m): 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2021
AfonjaBoston:

You are embarrassing yourself you don't know me so keep quiet before you get exposed

Exposed?

You're one dumb useless person.

Who are you sef, flex your muscles, I want to know who you are.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by AfonjaBoston: 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2021
stacyadams:

Shebi u complained that drivers cancel trip a lot...anybody wanting me drive him/her after rain fall in Lekki,I will cancel....on a Sunday morning wife,husband,children ,house maid,will order a ride to the near by street,u stop. Trip and ur seing collect 500;;they match match the car with sand..meanwhile if they use okada they will pay more grin

Who complained drivers cancel trip a lot?
My complain was they dont cancel abi eleyi daft ni?
They are within their rights to cancel and they should if they dont feel safe or if the trip doesnt make economic sense but don't ask a rider to cancel for your own 500 naira selfish reason.

Na mat dem dirty no be your seat. Dont be ridiculous you drive in Lagos you don't expect shoes not to be muddy or sandy. No be shit dem carry for yansh.
You are just a sad and grumpy fellow
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
Your work provides accommodation remember that.

Remember the car is not even yours.

My brother think well o
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by AfonjaBoston: 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2021
Olayetan:

Exposed?

You're one dumb useless person.

Who are you sef, flex your muscles, I want to know who you are.

Sorry you cannot. You will remain miserable and unfulfilled unless you change.
My last message to you. Now get back on the road and play by the rules!
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Olayetan(m): 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
AfonjaBoston:

Sorry you cannot. You will remain miserable and unfulfilled unless you change.
My last message to you. Now get back on the road and play by the rules!

I'm certain my life is better than yours
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by kapich: 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
Bro, I'm also going through this at moment. 60k job. A family man. The question is what will I do after taking this decision to leave.

Chummynoni
post=107521205:

60k meant a lot to me as salary because I had to wait for a whole 30days before earning it. I sat down at a point in my life, and thought about my life , like for how long would I continue waiting for 30days before earning 60k. No time for friends, no time for family, you earn the money, and gets broke within 2weeks. I left the job , and within 2weeks of resigning, and realizing how much I earn and spend within those time, I hated myself for accepting such a salary for 1year+. Instances, when I was earning the salary, my sub doesnt exceed 1k in a month, now, my sub is 8k in a month, and so many other instances I cant narrate here. @OP, I have no advise for you. Just read my experience , and advise yourself. The ball is in your court.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by stacyadams: 3:45pm On Nov 11, 2021
grin grin
AfonjaBoston:

Shut your mouth.
Global data shows riders are more at the receiving end compared to drivers.

Unfortunately these murders are one-offs irrespective of the victim's side of the divide they are still terrible.
How a murderer thinks he/she can get away with murders that are easily traceable like this baffles me
At the end of the day we should still be doing the right things for the right reasons

grin grin shut ur mouth too....when u order me, u see my profile,but I can't c ur profile...u see riders wit different names..as weed, runsman..

3 Likes

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by ajl: 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
greatbaba:
Obviously, the job might offer some sort of security and all, but if you are diligent, you could easily double this with Uber. And more so, you can take breaks, take care of your health and work at your pace.

Job security in Nigeria? Except for government jobs.

1 Like

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Average9jaman: 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2021
omonla10:
my newbie brother made 45k last sunday

Which state pls?
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Osibajo2023: 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2021
Do uber, and come join affiliate marketing with it
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by stacyadams: 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2021
AfonjaBoston:

Who complained drivers cancel trip a lot?
My complain was they dont cancel abi eleyi daft ni?
They are within their rights to cancel and they should if they dont feel safe or if the trip doesnt make economic sense but don't ask a rider to cancel for your own 500 naira selfish reason.

Na mat dem dirty no be your seat. Dont be ridiculous you drive in Lagos you don't expect shoes not to be muddy or sandy. No be shit dem carry for yansh.
You are just a sad and grumpy fellow
grin grin..if u like u cancel,if u like wait make driver cancel good luck
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by ajl: 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2021
GboyegaD:

I don't see anything worth grinning over in your post so the emoji is not necessary. I normally wouldn't use those services in Nigeria as I believe in the Yellow and Black Taxi more and I don't mind paying what we negotiate as I believe I am a very fair person. What I do not appreciate is when you signed up for a service where you understand the terms and condition and you are not willing to do what is right, then leave for those who are willing to.

For the most of it, when I used bolt, I paid more than the app requested because I felt the struggles of maneuvering our roads and the time some of the drive took. Leave it to your passengers to treat you fairly in terms of tipping you rather than making paltry sums of N500 through cheating.

Who is still using yellow taxis in Lagos or Abuja? You are still waiting on the side of the road for taxi in this age? More so, you are getting a ride with a driver that has his data with Uber or Bolt. If something go wrong, he/she can be traced. Where are you going to find a criminal yellow taxi driver? Or you are not based in Nigeria? Even with that Yellow cab is not worth it. They are often dirty, take too long to arrive, and the driver always expect you to tip. Not with Uber.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by AfonjaBoston: 3:54pm On Nov 11, 2021
Olayetan:

I'm certain my life is better than yours

Hahahahahah. Good luck grin
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Sulybayus: 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
[quote author=SQLmastar post=107521111] Keep the 60k job, since it comes with accommodation.
Find a good working class lady that earns at least 100k monthly. Friend her, chyke her, propose her and marry her. Both of you should live in that accommodation.
Then watch as your life would improve gradually.

You're welcome![
Good idea.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by omonla10(m): 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
Average9jaman:

Which state pls?
Lagos na.. Lagos don stew seriously.. I can assure u will make d that 60k on a weekend alone.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by GboyegaD(m): 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
ajl:

Who is still using yellow taxis in Lagos or Abuja? You are still waiting on the side of the road for taxi in this age? More so, you are getting a ride with a driver that has his data with Uber or Bolt. If something go wrong, he/she can be traced. Where are you going to find a criminal yellow taxi driver? Or you are not based in Nigeria? Even with that Yellow cab is not worth it. They are often dirty, take too long to arrive, and the driver always expect you to tip. Not with Uber.

Never had a negative experience with them back in the days and I think those men were trustworthy.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by BoboKush(m): 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
SATANlST:
waiting for all them annoying broke ass uber and bolt guys to come and blab blab how they make 600k in 2 hours.
useless bunch. abroad when u book an uber, he dosnt call u to ask where u are going or all those stupid questions. he only calls you to tel you he is in-front of your house but when you book these miserable bastards in naija, they will be calling to ask you rubbish questions angry angry angry
everything that enters naija gets abused . later they will start blaming buhari

QUOTE ME TO TALK TRASH AS AN UBER OR BOLT DRIVER AND HAVE A FATAL ACCIDENT angry angry angry

before u come defending your trash in the name of security, just know that naija no rough pass venezuela, brazil, south africa and other south american countries. yes i have been to most those countries and their drivers are not as annoying as nigerian drivers. the only country that their uber drivers behave like nigerians is india. useless bunch angry angry

U r a fool.... grin
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by BoboKush(m): 4:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
Uber would av been better if u got it via hire purchase n nt through moove...... Omooo werey ni moove they av hidden terms n conditions

Mind you.... U can't use moove car on Bolt so u are kind of restricted

Stay at ur current work only come to uber if its hire purchase neutral ground nt via moove

2 Likes

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Drmkast: 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2021
Chummynoni:
60k meant a lot to me as salary because I had to wait for a whole 30days before earning it. I sat down at a point in my life, and thought about my life , like for how long would I continue waiting for 30days before earning 60k. No time for friends, no time for family, you earn the money, and gets broke within 2weeks. I left the job , and within 2weeks of resigning, and realizing how much I earn and spend within those time, I hated myself for accepting such a salary for 1year+. Instances, when I was earning the salary, my sub doesnt exceed 1k in a month, now, my sub is 8k in a month, and so many other instances I cant narrate here. @OP, I have no advise for you. Just read my experience , and advise yourself. The ball is in your court.

so how did you leave your salary job and what are you into now? just curious
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Foreseer: 4:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
SATANlST:
waiting for all them annoying broke ass uber and bolt guys to come and blab blab how they make 600k in 2 hours.
useless bunch. abroad when u book an uber, he dosnt call u to ask where u are going or all those stupid questions. he only calls you to tel you he is in-front of your house but when you book these miserable bastards in naija, they will be calling to ask you rubbish questions angry angry angry
everything that enters naija gets abused . later they will start blaming buhari

QUOTE ME TO TALK TRASH AS AN UBER OR BOLT DRIVER AND HAVE A FATAL ACCIDENT angry angry angry

before u come defending your trash in the name of security, just know that naija no rough pass venezuela, brazil, south africa and other south american countries. yes i have been to most those countries and their drivers are not as annoying as nigerian drivers. the only country that their uber drivers behave like nigerians is india. useless bunch angry angry
unstable calabash, that's what you are.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Babara1994(m): 4:12pm On Nov 11, 2021
helpadvice:
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

please I need your advice urgently.

Currently employed on a 60K monthly salary with accommodation. But sometime ago I applied for Moove Uber before I started my current job and now they reached out to me with congratulations that I have been selected for their drive to own Uber stuff and I should come finalize and pick up the car, that it's ready with current batch.

I applied for the Moove then because it was the brand new 2016 Corolla and that was something I felt would be worth giving it a shot and doing it. But now I have a job doing and it's sort of stressful and very demanding, however, the Uber job will be stressful too, right?

I want to know from those with the experience with Moove Uber, is it worth trying for drive to own, can someone cope from start to finish, is it a feasible venture or another pipe dream?

Should I quit my job for this or remain on my job?

I don't want to make a mistake.

Please advice me. Thank you
My advice is that you try both and judge for urself. Take a week off from ur work and start working as a Uber Driver. After a week, you should be able to decide for yourself. That's what I did when I had to choose between two jobs
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by gahdfrey(m): 4:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
helpadvice:

Currently employed on a 60K monthly salary with accommodation. But sometime ago I applied for Moove Uber before I started my current job and now they reached out to me with congratulations that I have been selected for their drive to own Uber stuff and I should come finalize and pick up the car, that it's ready with current batch.

I applied for the Moove then because it was the brand new 2016 Corolla and that was something I felt would be worth giving it a shot and doing it. But now I have a job doing and it's sort of stressful and very demanding, however, the Uber job will be stressful too, right?

I want to know from those with the experience with Moove Uber, is it worth trying for drive to own, can someone cope from start to finish, is it a feasible venture or another pipe dream?

Bro please how can I contact you?
I tried signing up with moove

Haven’t heard from them
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by SavageResponse(m): 4:22pm On Nov 11, 2021
SQLmastar:
Keep the 60k job, since it comes with accommodation.
Find a good working class lady that earns at least 100k monthly. Friend her, chyke her, propose her and marry her. Both of you should live in that accommodation.
Then watch as your life would improve gradually.

You're welcome!

It's not a good idea to put all your hopes in and raise a family in an accommodation that is not under your control!

If he losses that job he will be given a maximum of 2 weeks to vacate that house, try doing that with a wife and at least 2 kids and you will know the meaning of hell!
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Enibiokanmi: 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2021
Did anyone smell a Chameleon here?
Changes color every time and create new account for every question. Yesterday it was how my 85K job is full of gossip and cold war, today is how can I leave my 60K job for Uber. It is a sign of a feeble mind.

Strong minds like Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Steve Job leave school or employment and create a fortune. They all have something in common. They take risk. Risk is the name of the game, If you want to eat your cake and have it, you will not get very far in life.

If Uber is what will give you the start to create the fortune you are pursuing, leave your job immediately and stop asking questions with new accounts all the time. It is not what people advice you here that will make you, it is how you carry yourself through the journey.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by sandammy(m): 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2021
helpadvice:

@Op, visit this thread and ask people currently on the hustle. I hope you find your answer there
https://www.nairaland.com/2653841/uber-partner-lagos-please-share/4230#107526942
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Ralphshavin(m): 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2021
I will advise you go for the Uber... apart from the surge in earning driving on Uber app, there's also flexibility in doing it... you can plan when to work and rest... from my experience, you can make profit of nothing less than 60k per week driving on Bolt Apps...if you need further help you can DM...
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Guzx: 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
None
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Yaks02(m): 5:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
helpadvice:
Moderators please help me get to front page so I can get broader advice from here, thanks.

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Tell me the process and requirements to get a moove Africa car and there office too, I'll be grateful. Thank u
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by michaelbills(m): 5:21pm On Nov 11, 2021
Stop the lies

IgiveLadiesBj:
What are you doing with 60k monthly for crying out loud? That is 720k/annum....
Money you can make in 1 month driving Uber/Bolt

If you are hardworking you can even make 1 million naira. Just don't join the lazy gangs...

See attached picture of monthly gross

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? / Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? / God Has Done It For Me, I Just Got A Good Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.