Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours (28119 Views)

Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent / A Policewoman Called My Boss To Sack Me At My Place Of Work / "Boss' Wife Told Me To Send Their Maid Out. Boss To Sack Me If I Can't" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by PrinceOfLagos: 8:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
Country that works
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by AmadorSays: 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2021
Fantastic, this one dey happen for only countries wey things dey work
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by NairaMaster1(m): 8:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
OloshoMan:
In Nigeria we have bosses or should I say perverts who check what women wear to the work place and some even send them home. We swallow a lot of shit in this country

Did they mention dress code? In Portugal you wear decent clothes to work. Mostly suite.
However, when you float your business, you can turn your premise to night club where people dance naked.

Good luck to you.

1 Like

Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by NairaMaster1(m): 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
temitope27:
I support it, I don't even av boss and I av never work under anyone, so as to avoid this kin rubbish noni, ta lo ni oga werey

That's because you're not a business owner.
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by descartes400: 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
mbahdi:
Who will be monitoring wen d boss calls?

Calls or email records can be subpoenaed from the telecoms or emails providers.
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by Kay25(m): 8:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
mbahdi:
Who will be monitoring wen d boss calls?
it's not about monitoring it's a bout a law that whoever breaks it will be penalised..that's what it means to have a working system
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by Easyincome24: 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
What about sending you an email that ends with the statement "treat with urgency"?

There seems to be some clauses attached to this even in Portugal.
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by blamingthedevil: 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
After making the post, I realized that value system of our people will not make it work even if such law is enacted. In Nigeria context it will never worked, especially in govt institutions...It is the employees or subordinates that will be calling their bosses , so that they don't miss out of the sharing of the normal cake. Last COVID compulsory holiday, public sector workers refused to observe it because of daily egunje in the office
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by Klass99(f): 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2021

3 Likes

Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by sirp9898(m): 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
That is how biafra will row in the next nearer future
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by Angelfrost(m): 8:44pm On Nov 11, 2021
JosephXavier:

But wait make I ask oo
What if your father is your boss?

Then he should call you as a father not as a boss or employer.
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by JosephXavier: 8:45pm On Nov 11, 2021
Angelfrost:

Then he should call you as a father not as a boss or employer.

Lols, na only no know say family members dey underrate person
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by bukatyne(f): 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
Looks good in theory.

It would be highly dependent on the kind of service/product you are offering.

If for instance, you are offering a 24*7 service/ access to your product, I don't see how you would not work outside traditional work hours. undecided
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:52pm On Nov 11, 2021
temitope27:
I support it, I don't even av boss and I av never work under anyone, so as to avoid this kin rubbish noni, ta lo ni oga werey
Nice, you shouldn't do it to your subordinates.
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2021
maureensylvia:
Very good

I don't think it's applicable to medical line
It is unless the said medical personnel is on call.
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by temitope27(m): 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2021
ExudeLoveToAll:
Nice, you shouldn't do it to your subordinates.
ok

1 Like

Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by temitope27(m): 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
NairaMaster1:

That's because you're not a business owner.
I hate doing business
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by newoffer: 9:01pm On Nov 11, 2021
Elock1:
angry
Seriously. They need to ban it is Nigeria. Once they pay you 50k they owned you and your entire kindred.
But in Nigeria, Bosses feel they own you and your family just because they pay you 35k salary.
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by Jaqenhghar: 9:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
It has always been illegal everywhere. This is not news.
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by Gkemz: 9:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
In Nigeria your boss, who has made himself/herself a demigod can call even at midnight when you're making love with your partner to return to work.
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by omooba969(m): 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2021
Lanretoye:
Here the government doesnt care if the whole of nigerian work force is on contract.they will never emulate good policies but so quick to embrace satanic ones.

The day y'all start to vote credible candidates in the elections, you will begin to understand what it means to enjoy the dividends of democracy.

1 Like

Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by efembaba(m): 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2021
We need to start seeing work beyond what we have to do to have means of livelihood. Work should be about a value you are excited and passionate to give to the society. Few people who have reached this level are the ones who are truly living. If you are a doctor for instance, and you are happy, excited and have a feeling of fulfilment doing your work, you won't mind that you are called upon at anytime to do it. For you, it is not just a job you are doing but a calling you are fulfilling and therein you find joy and fulfillment. You even find working beyond your official hours enjoyable. It's what you live for.

1 Like

Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by denobaba: 9:17pm On Nov 11, 2021
bukatyne:
Looks good in theory.

It would be highly dependent on the kind of service/product you are offering.

If for instance, you are offering a 24*7 service/ access to your product, I don't see how you would not work outside traditional work hours. undecided
Depends on what you mean. In reality, no human being can offer 24 hour service, even if your context relates to sole proprietorship.

A regular business type with that kind of proposition should run minimum 3 shifts spanning 8 hours for each individual staff over a 24 hour cycle. Anything short of that is slavery as in the days of Kunta Kinte.

1 Like

Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by Jaqenhghar: 9:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
Elock1:
angry

But in Nigeria, Bosses feel they own you and your family just because they pay you 35k salary.
Don't blame the bosses.
Its the average Niggeiran that sells himself to become a slave over 35k salary. If you get angry and leave one mumu will be there to take your place. People dont have any self worth. In oyinbo land people actually leave reviews of wprk places. If you run a shitty organisation no one will apply or you will end up with the worst hands

1 Like

Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by treatise: 9:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
That's the beginning of "official" calls in Nigeria especially the ladies
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by Harrynight(m): 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
OloshoMan:
In Nigeria we have bosses or should I say perverts who check what women wear to the work place and some even send them home. We swallow a lot of shit in this country

That's what you get when you live in a Shiithole country
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by Akharmony: 9:47pm On Nov 11, 2021
Anytime i just hear of Portuguese i cant but remember how them deal with some part southern Africa regions.
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
So Ronaldo sister won't able to contact him while he his at work vice versa
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by IkemChris(m): 9:59pm On Nov 11, 2021
Me and my boss just dey talk finish now.... Before I read this matter. Mehn..
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by ComeToJesus: 10:01pm On Nov 11, 2021
My so called boss is crazy enough to call at 2am under the guise of some fictitious emergency.

My immediate superior has no life of his own as he is constantly on the WhatsApp group updating information that isn't really urgent.

Nigerian labour laws is a laughable piece of paper that has no power.
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by Elock1: 10:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Don't blame the bosses.
Its the average Niggeiran that sells himself to become a slave over 35k salary. If you get angry and leave one mumu will be there to take your place. People dont have any self worth. In oyinbo land people actually leave reviews of wprk places. If you run a shitty organisation no one will apply or you will end up with the worst hands
I don't blame the average Nigerian please...

What do you expect when there is no work anywhere and you are left with doing the 35k job, starving to death or venturing into something illegal... The choice is yours
Re: In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours by shortgun(m): 10:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
When you know the importance of the work you do, you won't even wait for your boss to call before you do the right thing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Signs To Know That You Have Found The Right Career / Zenith Bank lays off its workforce Again / Nigerian Degrees And Work Experience Are Disregarded In America. Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.