Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census (35851 Views)

Tinubu Bans Political Groups In Lagos As War With Aregbesola Worsens Over 2023 / Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / Americans Debate The Most Popular African Ethnic Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by FallenShitHole: 11:46am On Nov 12, 2021
Idiko1:

Please show such claims. By the way, there are families from Republic of Benin and Togo that speak Yoruba. Despite the fact, Yoruba from Nigeria could outnumber Igbo in USA.

The whole thing is FAKE. None of what he posted is on the website that he sighted as his source. Oluwole manufactured statistics. Believe yorubas at your own peril.
Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by mancoconut: 11:48am On Nov 12, 2021
valirex:

I am so surprised as to how to responded so calmly and reasonably as an Igbo guy. I was expecting a war of words. Nice one bro
It's all love for my Edo people bro, we banter and curse at each other on here but I've got immense love and respect for the great Edo nation. Don't take everything you see online so seriously.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by FallenShitHole: 11:49am On Nov 12, 2021
realestate99:

l won't blame you, you have selective amnesia, you have forgotten Derico , Otokoto and Clifford Orji ( cannibal), your men are swelling in numbers daily in Asian prisons because of cocaine smuggling, The FBI list you talked about, over 85 % on that list are your people, crimes is a hobby in your land, you invent new crime everyday.

How would you explain baby factory phenomenon? that is an act only savages can pull off or should we talk about fake drugs your money obsessed people sell to the General public or selling fufu as phones in your chaotic computer village etc

I know you might be in the airport strapped with many Kilograms of coke on a flight to Cambodia......it is not too late to come back, crime is not the only way to make it big.

The whole thing is FAKE. None of what he posted is on the website that he sighted as his source. Oluwole manufactured statistics. Believe yorubas at your own peril.
Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by FallenShitHole: 11:51am On Nov 12, 2021
Putindbutt:

If you ain't scared at the ease with which they manipulate figures, change narratives and lie with a straight face, i wonder who would. You read well to notice their pathetic manner at twisting facts from ethnic- based statistics.
On this thread, they've come up with narratives such as " ibo kids speak little or nothing at all, Ibos in Lagos speaks less of ibo, embassy proximity deprived ibos of traveling!. These are people who have over the years lie to themselves that they had the most ethnic population in the US but are being doll ragged in the face of a verifiable data.
Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by holicupp(m): 11:56am On Nov 12, 2021
LegendHero:

I am not sure why Africa Magic comes into this tho.

However, that wouldn't count in this instance with the USA data. Even if you are going to account for margin of error as those that doesn't speak the language, it will be too infinitesimal to affect the data integrity.

We Nigerians don't speak our language as those Ethiopians, Ghanians, and etc. Yet you can see the Yorubas having more population than those speakers. So your argument that the Igbo number could be because of language is funny and dosen't correlate.

The only valid argument for this is that the Yorubas are far more in numbers in the USA than any other West African ethnic group.

U are right bro Yoruba is more populated than the igbos not just that Yoruba are also in another countries like brazil,togo,cuba, sierra lone,benin republic
Yoruba is very big ethnic group

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by FallenShitHole: 11:59am On Nov 12, 2021
mancoconut:

It's all love for my Edo people bro, we banter and curse at each other on here but I've got immense love and respect for the great Edo nation. Don't take everything you see online so seriously.
Nna, stop this your Edo is the 4th largest ethnic group in the dungeon. From where did you pluck that from? Is there any other state that you have indigenous Edo people apart from Edo state? Do you actually think that they are more in number than the Efik or Ibibio people? Eshan people are not Edo unless you also want to lump Efik and Ibibio as the same ethnic group and you are looking at about 10million in population. Are all the Edoid people more than 5million? Because you see them more in USA only means that they travel a lot than other minorities, but doesn't have anything to do with them being the 4th largest ethnic group in the dungeon called nigeria.
By the way. The whole thing is FAKE. None of what he posted is on the website that he sighted as his source. Oluwole manufactured statistics. Believe yorubas at your own peril..
Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by FallenShitHole: 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
holicupp:

U are right bro Yoruba is more populated than the igbos not just that Yoruba are also in another countries like brazil,togo,cuba, sierra lone,benin republic
Yoruba is very big ethnic group

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11585620_img20200522200957918_jpege5d383e2133f6e23548eeaabb5deb8bb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8152475_cymera20181116162633_jpegef07fd995875eee179b940fb6b0cf4dc
Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by mancoconut: 12:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dsalvo:

[s]True. My conclusion is that Igbos have a big problem wifh Yorubas because we are superior to them at almost everything and this is hard for the most egotistic, vainglorious and emptily supremacists people in the world to digest and accept.

The irony is that Yorubas, unlike insecure Igbos, dont go around trying to prove superiority over anyone.

It is others who notice and praise our quality because we dont make noise or blow our own trumpets.

Look at the Osibona chap who is the developer of the Ikoyi tower. Go and inspect his property development CV to include his achievement of being the first African property developer to deliver a high rise in London.

Yet he flew under the radar. Can you imagine if he is Igbo? Same Igbos who claim modestly wealthy Obi Cubana, E Money etal are worth billions of dollars when neither may be actually be nowhere near as rich ad Davido and Wizkid both worth around 21 to 28 million dollars?

To me they are Hushpuppi level (Circa 3 to 5 million dollars networth) Igbos, always desperate to highlight clan greatness, have turned into Dangotes, Adenuga and Otedola rolled into one. Yorubas no send like that at all.

In fact, the Osibona chap is even one of many, many, many top end Yoruba property developers I know who own, by far, the highest proportion of the most valuable real Estate in Lagos and Nigeria.

To be honest, if Igbos have achieved even 20% of what Yorubas have, silently, then they would be simply insufferable 24/7 pests[/s].

What a load of inebriated tripe and gibberish, you Yorubas truly have a flair for hollow and obstreperous self-adulations devoid of facts and substance. You despicable and duplicitous pigs are the unrivaled masters of churning out paper statistics, forgery and fake statistics (after all na una invent oluwole certificate in Nigeria), true purveyors of lies and cheap Lagos-Ibadan expressway propaganda. Pray tell, what exactly have your people accomplished in every field of human endeavor and achievements that the Igbos have replicated or even surpassed? I dare you to list out any indices right now and we can reel out the facts and figures you dimwit! isn't it a shame that despite the fact that Yorubas enjoyed all the massive advantages and head-starts following the the post-war era where Igbos lost virtually everything in terms of human, economic, and infrastructural losses after the war and had to start from ground zero... yet Igbos easily closed the gap on you guys in less than 10 years with little or no Federal government support? flip the script and ask yourself this honest question, would the Yorubas have performed such feats if they had experienced just 1/10th of what Igbos went through during and after that war? Even after all the free education legacies that Awo established in the Western region, SE states are still outperforming your useless and overrated SW states in almost all academic metrics with the available database to prove from national exams over the past couple of years... you guys have a preponderance of Federal, state and private institutions at all levels littering your region with absolutely nothing to show for it; na only half-baked graduates una dey churn out! Just only noise, dirtiness, fraud, throwing loud and outlandish Owambe parties, producing ugly women that sleep around and producing bastards who don't know their fathers una sabi do pass.

Bro yorubas are OVERRATED, nothing about you guys elicits a dint of respect from me, I even rate the Hausas over you guys.

3 Likes

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Igboid:

Why should we use Wikipedia to verify a data that was "supposedly" from an official USA website?

Are you people okay at all?

I bet you I can find more links but you would still reject them because accepting the truth, that discredits your lies and self-delusion, is something you are incapable of doing .

Egotistic self-deceit in your DNA so i can't blame you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
mancoconut:

What a load of inebriated tripe and gibberish, you Yorubas truly have a flair for hollow and obstreperous self-adulations devoid of facts and substance. You despicable and duplicitous pigs are the unrivaled masters of churning out paper statistics, forgery and fake statistics (after all na una invent oluwole certificate in Nigeria), true purveyors of lies and cheap Lagos-Ibadan expressway propaganda. Pray tell, what exactly have your people accomplished in every field of human endeavor and achievements that the Igbos have replicated or even surpassed? I dare you to list out any indices right now and we can reel out the facts and figures you dimwit! isn't it a shame that despite the fact that Yorubas enjoyed all the massive advantages and head-starts following the the post-war era where Igbos lost virtually everything in terms of human, economic, and infrastructural losses after the war and had to start from ground zero... yet Igbos easily closed the gap on you guys in less than 10 years with little or no Federal government support? flip the script and ask yourself this honest question, would the Yorubas have performed such feats if they had experienced just 1/10th of what Igbos went through during and after that war? Even after all the free education legacies that Awo established in the Western region, SE states are still outperforming your useless and overrated SW states in almost all academic metrics with the available database to prove from national exams over the past couple of years... you guys have a preponderance of Federal, state and private institutions at all levels littering your region with absolutely nothing to show for it; na only half-baked graduates una dey churn out! Just only noise, dirtiness, fraud, throwing loud and outlandish Owambe parties, producing ugly women that sleep around and producing bastards who don't know their fathers una sabi do pass.

Bro yorubas are OVERRATED, nothing about you guys elicits a dint of respect from me, I even rate the Hausas over you guys.

Bro, I am not on your level and neither are Yorubas in general.

For starters, you Igbos even need to be a people who, minimally, can do reality.

Since that is not the case, how can anyone get you to see that you're not who/what you think you are and that others, like the Yorubas, do a lot of things a lot better than you do without the need to 'loud it'?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by SaintBishop: 12:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
mancoconut:

Of course Edo are about the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria, I'm based in the USA and I've met more Edo people across the US aside from Yorubas and Igbos in various social events, colleges etc... then after Edos I think Ibibio/Efiks have a huge population in the USA... I've never met a single Hausa or Ijaw person since I've been in the US, and I've been here for a long time!
So going by your dumb comment,that means the Edos and Akwa iboms are more than the Hausas? What a joke from an empty coconut head.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by SaintBishop: 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
valirex:

This goes to show Ẹdo is between the 3rd and 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria.

Thanks for this data, will prove very useful.
Edo the largest group in where? Pls, all my stay in Rivers State, I am yet to see one Edo soul and I have been here for a very long time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by Factshunter: 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
I just check now. The OP table tally with the Link, it's not fabricated. grin

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by mancoconut: 12:48pm On Nov 12, 2021
SaintBishop:
So going by your dumb comment,that means the Edos and Akwa iboms are more than the Hausas? What a joke from an empty coconut head.
Ogogoro man, it's a known fact that Hausas don't travel that much to Western/European countries because of the nature of their religion, but their large population is undeniable because Hausa is one of the most spoken languages globally. Ijaws on the other hand brag about having a huge population, yet 1 in every 3 Nigerian can swear they've hardly met an Ijaw person ever before in the diaspora.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by SaintBishop: 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
mancoconut:

Ogogoro man, it's a known fact that Hausas don't travel that much to Western/European countries because of the nature of their religion, but their large population is undeniable because Hausa is one of the most spoken languages globally. Ijaws on the other hand brag about having a huge population, yet 1 in every 3 Nigerian can swear they've hardly met an Ijaw person ever before in the diaspora.
Unwanted Jews stop talking like someone who head is not correct. In your Original comment,your agree with that Edo clown who said that Edo is the third largest ethnic group in Nigeria simply because you have met one or two Edo person in abroad ( I don't believe you,). Now you are changing your comment like an mental unstable person, stop talking white power it's already damaging your coconut head.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by perez100: 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
The number of people speaking the language does not mean the highest population. There are thousands of Igbo in US that like to speak English more than Igbo. At my maternal home., We have over 15 people in US and about 11 were born in US and they are all adults. About 8 had come back home for 2times each, while 4 had not visited home at all.
They are from 40 years and above.

Majority of Igbo born in Lagos speaks Yoruba language than Igbo and that doesn't mean they are not Igbo.

Meanwhile, source should be well scrutinized.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by mancoconut: 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
SaintBishop:
Unwanted Jews stop talking like someone who heads is not correct. In your Original comment,your agree with that Edo clown who said that Edo is the third largest ethnic group in Nigeria simply because you have met one or two Edo person in abroad ( I don't believe you,). Now you are changing your comment like an mental unstable person, stop talking white power it's already damaging your coconut head.
This is what excess consumption of ogogoro does to the brain, makes cognitive reasoning very difficult... where in my post did I imply that Edos were the third largest ethnic group in Nigeria? And what exactly did I change? I know simple comprehension isn't your forte (no thanks to the badly brewed local dry gin you download as a staple diet), but go back and read my post again... this time slowly and maybe your ogogoro-addled brain cells can get the context of what I wrote cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by kayusely70(m): 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
Yoruba lagba!!!!!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by valirex: 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
SaintBishop:
Edo the largest group in where? Pls, all my stay in Rivers State, I am yet to see one Edo soul and I have been here for a very long time.

Read again but this time with common sense, I didn't say the largest undecided

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by LegendHero(m): 1:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
perez100:
The number of people speaking the language does not mean the highest population. There are thousands of Igbo in US that like to speak English more than Igbo. At my maternal home., We have over 15 people in US and about 11 were born in US and they are all adults. About 8 had come back home for 2times each, while 4 had not visited home at all.

Majority of Igbo born in Lagos speaks Yoruba language than Igbo and that doesn't mean they are not Igbo.

Nonsense deviation.

There are also tens of thousand of Yoruba born in USA that doesn’t speak the language. Most don’t even speak like Nigerians because they have been fully Americanized.

But trust me so long their parent is Yoruba/Igbo, they will always input Yoruba/Igbo as their indigenous language besides English so I don’t know where all your Igbo don’t this words comes from.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by FallenShitHole: 2:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
Factshunter:
I just check now. The OP table tally with the Link, it's not fabricated. grin

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by FallenShitHole: 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
perez100:

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by FallenShitHole: 2:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
kayusely70:
Yoruba lagba!!!!!!!

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by FallenShitHole: 2:09pm On Nov 12, 2021
LegendHero:

Nonsense deviation.

There are also tens of thousand of Yoruba born in USA that doesn’t speak the language. Most don’t even speak like Nigerians because they have been fully Americanized.

But trust me so long their parent is Yoruba/Igbo, they will always input Yoruba/Igbo as their indigenous language besides English so I don’t know where all your Igbo don’t this words comes from.

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by LegendHero(m): 2:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
FallenShitHole:

You’ve been crying the same thing since yesterday. If you keep going at this rate you might develop high blood pressure.

Did you clicked on the below link and you did not see the figure or are you a robot?

https://data.census.gov/cedsci/table?q=ancestry&tid=ACSDT1Y2019.B04006&hidePreview=true&moe=false

https://data.census.gov/mdat/#/search?ds=ACSPUMS1Y2019&rv=LANP&wt=PWGTP

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by Commentor: 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
FallenShitHole:

Mpuru mmiri is disturbing you.

5 Likes

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by Factshunter: 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
FallenShitHole:

It's nobody's fault that you chose not to engage your brain or knowledge. Check the link and the table provided and compare. It's not about the table or not but the correlation between the table and the link.

Check the last link/source provided by the OP.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by Factshunter: 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
LegendHero:

You’ve been crying the same thing since yesterday. If you keep going at this rate you might develop high blood pressure.

Did you click on the below link and you did not see the figure or are you a robot?
https://data.census.gov/mdat/#/search?ds=ACSPUMS5Y2019&rv=ANC1P&wt=PWGTP

He must be one....robot. Cos, I couldn't figure why a supposed grown-up adult would be repeating the same word over and over again and refusing to give in to correction or verify the link provided beyond the table.
Me think it's mental and psychological laziness.

Me tire
Me no understand dude. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by nerd004: 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
Philipponzaghi:
Chai, where did people now see the notion that the Igbos are the largest Nigerian ethnic groups in the USA and that the Yorubas are the largest in UK?

Like I always say, any sane thinking person living in USA will know the Yorubas are the largest West African Ethic group in the USA, they are clearly represented in universities, corporate America, African Restaurants, Self-Owned businesses and etc.

I am glad this data is straight from the USA government Census Bureau website, so this is an objective truth.

Tell dem ooo....u see I am well traveled and I was shocked when I saw a statistic data here on nairaland claiming ibos are more populated than the Yorubas in the US .....

I knew from day 1 that the statistic was absolutely wrong ... so bro you can increase the volume

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census by kayusely70(m): 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
FallenShitHole:

The link is genuine. Better recheck after wiping badbelle from your eyes.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / President Buhari Attends Friday Juma'at Prayer After Coming Back From UK(Pics) / Independence day: Buhari attends Special Jumaat service in Aso-rock (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.