Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed (20462 Views)

Ikoyi Building: Bricklayer Who Survived Reveals Why It Collapsed, Advises Engine / Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by Shezzman: 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
You are wise.
omenkaLives:
Was the building really tilting or is this just an image distortion arising from the curvature of the camera lenses? undecided

If a building that size is tilted, and the tilt isn't as a deliberate architectural design, even the developer themselves wouldnt allow anyone close to it. They'd stop work knowing pouring more resources in there would be a total waste.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by frugal(m): 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
Maxymilliano:
This is a doctored image and I don't believe it to be true.

It is highly impossible to have this type of defective image in such civilized environment without generating cries from the public before it collapsed
True. Even the owner wouldn't be so stupid to enter it.
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by victorazy(m): 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
DSC7:
shocked shocked shocked shocked

So the building was tilting and people were still trooping in? undecided undecided

Asin the building dey bend and people still dey waka enter inside?

No mind them.
Nigerians wey love their lives. grin
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
omenkaLives:
Was the building really tilting or is this just an image distortion arising from the curvature of the camera lenses? undecided

If a building that size is tilted, and the tilt isn't as a deliberate architectural design, even the developer themselves wouldnt allow anyone close to it. They'd stop work knowing pouring more resources in there would be a total waste.

The new media distorted the image to manipulate readers and bring traffic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by lexy2014: 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
omenkaLives:
Not necessarily doctored. Just camera lenses distortion. Some kind of mild "barrel lens distortion".

Why did the same "camera lenses distortion" not affect the surrounding buildings?
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
lexy2014:

Why did the same "camera lenses distortion" not affect the surrounding buildings?

I am suprised you were deceived by this cheap manipulation
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by lexy2014: 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
DSC7:

So the building was tilting and people were still trooping in? undecided undecided

Yes
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
lexy2014:

Yes

Where you there?
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by lexy2014: 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I am suprised you were deceived by this cheap manipulation

Since u are undeceived, kindly answer the question:

Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by Awoleesu(m): 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
E no too well before self...

See am like Leaning Tower of Pisa!

1 Like

Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by Asadujames202(m): 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2021
ritualist
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by onatisi(m): 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2021
bros , anything is possible in naija oo. naija na abnormal place
Maxymilliano:

It is highly impossible to have this type of defective image in such civilized environment without generating cries from the public before it collapsed
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by lexy2014: 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Where you there?

Where u there?
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
lexy2014:

Since u are undeceived, kindly answer the question:

You can take a picture from any angle and make it look the way you want.

Stop acting like you haven't used zoom on your camara.

Do you think a mere picture will tell you if a building is about to collaspe today or tomorrow
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
lexy2014:

Where u there?

Where you there?
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by johbara: 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
Trust me, no sane Nigerian will live in the remaining two towers... they should just demolish both of them. Same quack and greedy contractors handled all the buildings.
R.I.P to all deceased.

On a more lighter note, if the owner of these buildings did not go down, he would have walk free in today's 9ja.

I come in peace.

1 Like

Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by lexy2014: 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You can take a picture from any angle and make it look the way you want.

Stop acting like you haven't used zoom on your camara.

Do you think a mere picture will tell you if a building is about to collaspe today or tomorrow

Doesn't answer the question:

2 Likes

Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by nedekid: 3:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
DSC7:

Maybe they thought it was the design. Afterall your have the leaning tower of Pisa built in 1372 and still standing. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by Asour: 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2021
Gondonu:
The disaster was obviously steering all in the eyes before it happened but because of greed for monetary gains & sheer wickedness, it was still allowed to consume souls.E no go better for all of una in government.

It Certainly wasn't 'staring' all in the eyes.

Hindsight is 20/20 So you think so.

If it was staring us as you say the tens of Engineers who were trapped would have identified - at least for their lives — isn't it?
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by Tapout(m): 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2021
Maxymilliano:

I think it's the angle the picture was taken.
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by lexy2014: 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Where you there?

No I wasn't. Where u there?
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
saferoom:
I dont know the details but judging by this Project Signboard you can see that:-
1. The Man was the Client.
2. He was the Main Contractor (Direct labour)
3. He was also the Project Manager.
Yet he studied Business Finance at the University and has been in business for decades.

Please present and future Owners, please engaged hands-on Professionals. Engage a COREN-Certified Structural Engineer like me to handle the Structure. And give the person 100% free hand to operate.
Be particular about taking someone that EARNS HIS LIVELIHOOD from that work. Dont take someone that you know. Take someone that knows the work. Stop chasing packaging the kind of Benz or Ford he drives, how beautiful their website is, how many countries he has gone for vacation and other useless mundane things

Rest in peace to all the dead

All of you are the same.

I am sure he is also member of coren and the various unions and organizations
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
lexy2014:

No I wasn't. Where u there?

So if you were not there then why say YES to something you know nothing of?
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by LutanFyah: 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
Maxymilliano:

If you're a Nigerian,living in Nigeria and making this kind of comment, you need to wake up.

People obviously complained, the authorities went to shutdown the building but some palms were greased and the building continued.

It's very possible to have this type of defective buildings in Nigeria if you can bribe your way through, and if any accident happens, you can still bribe yourself away from the consequences.
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by Emperor88(m): 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
omenkaLives:

it is the camera angle....bloggers be thinking everyone is dumb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
lexy2014:

Doesn't answer the question:

Does the building below shows its about to fall?

The way you take a picture can distort the actual reality of the structure you are snapping

Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by lexy2014: 3:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

So if you were not there then why say YES to something you know nothing of?

The corpses and survivors that were brought from under the building, where did they come from? Are u the one that put them under the rubble?
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by ba7man(m): 3:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
Gondonu:
The disaster was obviously steering all in the eyes before it happened but because of greed for monetary gains & sheer wickedness, it was still allowed to consume souls.E no go better for all of una in government.
This statement is exactly what is destroying this country.

The citizens blame everything on the govt as if they share no responsibility in making the country better.
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
This kind of tragedy wil most likely repeat itself becos in this part of the world we love to take unnecessary risks and when it happens we start blaming the devil . 21 storey...... for what ??
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by dangoteinlaw: 3:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
He saw the building going right angled , offcourse that's why he brought some clowns called pastors to pray on it hoping the money he paid for the prayers would save him. This one is small, alot of buildings are going down in the nearest future but I just hope the clients will be inside when it crashes.
Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by lexy2014: 3:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Does the building below shows its about to fall?

The way you take a picture can distort the actual reality of the structure you are snapping

Still doesn't answer my question:

Re: Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed by Tinyemeka(m): 3:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
The Leaning Tower of Ikoyi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Estimate For Decking / How To Buy A Land In Lagos On A Budget And Not Bankrupt Yourself / How Much Is A Plot Of Land In Your Area Presently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.