Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? (1132 Views)

People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes / Shocking Before & After Photos Of A Man After Giving His Life To Christ / Slay Queen Gives Life To Christ, Burns Her Make-Ups, Wigs & Trousers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Truvelisback(m): 9:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Good day, Fellas. Why do christians suffer after giving their life to Christ? Note: When they had not known Christ then, Their lives use to be rosy. They never experienced any form of difficulty, hardship or life stress. They lived a comfortable life. But immidiately they gave their life to Christ, reverse became the case. Judges, Faculties, can we hear ur comments.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Hundredfold4lif(m): 9:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN BELIEVERS IN JESUS CHRIST ARE NOT SUFFERING!
However, being Born Again is a necessary and understandable vexation to Satan and his fallen, condemned, angry colleagues at disobedience and human partners in the acts stealing, destroying and killing!
As lights, no where darkness reigns will the agents of darkness feel happy but rather hateful relationships will and is the order of co-existence hence physical, spiritual and emotional attacks from all fronts of human life including family, office, school and even the church premises.
So, "suffering" is a relative thing and an indirect experience of our faith in Christ and we have been promised victory in all our undertaking provided we are willing and obedient!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by hupernikao: 9:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
Truvelisback:
Good day, Fellas. Why do christians suffer after giving their life to Christ? Note: When they had not known Christ then, Their lives use to be rosy. They never experienced any form of difficulty, hardship or life stress. They lived a comfortable life. But immidiately they gave their life to Christ, reverse became the case. Judges, Faculties, can we hear ur comments.

Are you speaking based on your community experience? You may need to change your topic to reflect that you are speaking about those you know. Generalization is a bad thing that covers honesty. You need to present this with all honesty because I know you haven't met at least 10% of all Christians in this world. So let your topic show that limitation. Say maybe Christian you know or around you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Truvelisback(m): 10:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
hupernikao:

Are you speaking based on your community experience? You may need to change your topic to reflect that you are speaking about those you know. Generalization is a bad thing that covers honesty. You need to present this with all honesty because I know you haven't met at least 10% of all Christians in this world. So let your topic show that limitation. Say maybe Christian you know or around you.
So, u haven't experienced the same or something related? Many christians can relate to what i am saying, if not all christians. Mind u, i am a christian.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Solsix(m): 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
In as much as there is persecution for true believers, it doesn't last for a life time. Your faith in Christ Jesus will be tested. Moreover the devil will not happy losing a soul to Christ. When you triumph, God knows how to restore

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Truvelisback(m): 10:25pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hundredfold4lif:
However, being Born Again is a necessary and understandable vexation to Satan and his fallen, condemned, angry colleagues at disobedience and human partners in the acts stealing, destroying and killing!
As lights, no where darkness reigns will the agents of darkness feel happy but rather hateful relationships will and is the order of co-existence hence physical, spiritual and emotional attacks from all fronts of human life including family, office, school and even the church premises.
So, "suffering" is a relative thing and an indirect experience of our faith in Christ and we have been promised victory in all our undertaking provided we are willing and obedient!
U must be a Multivational speaker. Did u just say BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS ARE NOT SUFFERING OR DO NOT SUFFER? If u had said not all Christians, that is understandable. BUT DON'T SAY BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS ARE NOT SUFFERING EXCEPT U HAVEN'T MET,SEEN OR HEARD OF ANY.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Myzubby(m): 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
I totally disagree with you

Salvation is one of the foundational principles of our Christian faith.
There are other principle that guarantees success and prosperity

What salvation does is to give you an identity in CHRIST JESUS
And not to give you money and houses .

The application of other faith based principle s will guarantee your success and prosperity as a Christian.
Yes a Christian can be in lack or want but that does not necessarily mean that the principles for success is no longer effective
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Heroicvic(m): 11:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
The op is right af ..Christian are suffering and what makes it worse is that they don't help themselves (I'm a Christian and I will state a situation like that in our church)
I'm from deeper life Bible Church, the church Na low key muti billionaire investment and unlike other congregation they keep their plan and net worth low key... Can you even believe they have the biggest congregation in Africa.
Long story short, in Osun region built a secondary school in agunbelewo osogbo with church money (which means the rich and the poor members contribution)
Well only the pastors and the rich kids are enrolled and this left me wondering why we blame our politicians if the church can be run this way
Why can't they provide scholarships for the average man kids so that they can succeed in life and donate back to the church which will be win win for the congregation at the long run...
I always rebuke my mom anytime she said they were asked to donate any funds in the church
Me I have join the world of since they can't help.. Yes you heard me, I'm into yahoo and I'm doing well and currently securing admission for my self
Go and tell my mummy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Truvelisback(m): 12:04am On Nov 13, 2021
Myzubby:

The application of other faith based principle s will guarantee your success and prosperity as a Christian.
Yes a Christian can be in lack or want but that does not necessarily mean that the principles for success is no longer effective
Note: When he had not known Christ then, he never experienced any form of hardship or difficult or distress. But when he gave his life to Christ, things then changed. Why? Why not the other way round. E.g I was experiencing difficulty in life, i was suffering this, i was suffering that but after i gave my life to Christ, my life is now rosy, i never experience lack. I'm now living happily. Why isn't that way? Note: I do not mean that all Christians experience these.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Kobojunkie: 4:16am On Nov 13, 2021
Myzubby:
Salvation is one of the foundational principles of our Christian faith.There are other principle that guarantees success and prosperity

What salvation does is to give you an identity in CHRIST JESUS. And not to give you money and houses .The application of other faith based principle s will guarantee your success and prosperity as a Christian.
This makes no sense at all. I think you have been swallowing up too much gobbledygook from the mouths of your pastorpreneurs. undecided
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Kobojunkie: 4:17am On Nov 13, 2021
Solsix:
In as much as there is persecution for true believers, it doesn't last for a life time. Your faith in Christ Jesus will be tested. Moreover the devil will not happy losing a soul to Christ. When you triumph, God knows how to restore
But, the question here is not about persecution but of suffering...lack ... undecided

Devil is loosing what exactly? Jesus Christ never said unbelievers belonged to the devil so why declare that they do? Those who Jesus accused of belonging to the devil in John 8 vs 31 - 44 were believers in God , who denied Jesus Christ as the Son of God. undecided
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Workch: 4:53am On Nov 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
So, u haven't experienced the same or something related? Many christians can relate to what i am saying, if not all christians. Mind u, i am a christian.
Its Because a lot of them start taking business advice from pastors instead of consultants.

They take legal advice from pastors instead of lawyers.

They start investing in church instead of business.

Most atheist are I know are doing okay financially because we are very sane with our life decisions. We don’t hinge them on the words and prophesies of pastors.
My dad is a typical example, he is an ardent Christian but he lost all his investment because of prophecies from church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 13, 2021
Heroicvic:
The op is right af ..Christian are suffering and what makes it worse is that they don't help themselves (I'm a Christian and I will state a situation like that in our church)
I'm from deeper life Bible Church, the church Na low key muti billionaire investment and unlike other congregation they keep their plan and net worth low key... Can you even believe they have the biggest congregation in Africa.
Long story short, in Osun region built a secondary school in agunbelewo osogbo with church money (which means the rich and the poor members contribution)
Well only the pastors and the rich kids are enrolled and this left me wondering why we blame our politicians if the church can be run this way
Why can't they provide scholarships for the average man kids so that they can succeed in life and donate back to the church which will be win win for the congregation at the long run...
I always rebuke my mom anytime she said they were asked to donate any funds in the church
Me I have join the world of since they can't help.. Yes you heard me, I'm into yahoo and I'm doing well and currently securing admission for my self
Go and tell my mummy

Hello
Good morning

As I type this ,

I have my clothes, toiletries and buckets outside

I'm homeless

I have told someone I need an apartment

The person said I should bring 15000naira for 3months since he has something like a self-contain for renting

He said he's reducing the price to help me

But I don't have any food or even enough clothes

I will be grateful if you can help me with any amount of money to solve at least some of these issues

I can give you the phone number of the person
His name is Success

He can confirm that I need an apartment.

Please......
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:27am On Nov 13, 2021
Workch:
Its Because a lot of them start taking business advice from pastors instead of consultants.

Most atheist are I know are doing okay financially because we are very sane with our life decisions. We don’t hinge them on the words and prophesies of pastors.
My dad is a typical example, he is an ardent Christian but he lost all his investment because of prophecies from church.
Liar!

Even if we take NL here as a case study, the number of atheists here are negligible when compared to the Christians, yet some of them are begging and cursing the day they were born.

If you need an example, I would give you a very authentic and well-known one, not one with a fake account as y'all do.

You're obviously a habitual liar and only here to deceive the gullible here though, so no surprises there.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Truvelisback(m): 6:53am On Nov 13, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Liar!

Even if we take NL here as a case study, the number of atheists here are negligible when compared to the Christians, yet some of them are begging and cursing the day they were born.

If you need an example, I would give you a very authentic and well-known one, not one with a fake account as y'all do.

You're obviously a habitual liar and only here to deceive the gullible here though, so no surprises there.
So, u mean christians don't pass tru the same? I'm just being realistic.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Workch: 6:53am On Nov 13, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Liar!

key statement: “most atheist I know”
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Truvelisback(m): 7:00am On Nov 13, 2021
Workch:

This is so pathetic! What could even be the words and prophesies that made ur dad lost all his investment?
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:34am On Nov 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
So, u mean christians don't pass tru the same? I'm just being realistic.
You're not really because there are many Christians who are not suffering financially after giving their lives to Christ but experiencing the exact opposite. Some of them have testified here, like one who spoke of how tormented she was in several areas of her life, but later on she's doing give aways every weekend I think because according to her, God has been good to her.

Except you're talking about some Christians but not all as you say, so it's erroneous for you to generalize this way because it gives a very wrong impression.

That said, I am very well aware that following Christ comes with a price, so there are sufferings, persecutions and trials that come with the life, but there are also the benefits as well, hence people like men Peter and John despite that they didn't have much because, they didn't accumulate riches to themselves, they wouldn't trade what they had for all the riches and enjoyment in the world. That's why he would say "silver and gold i have none but such as I have, I give unto you", because it's a thing of pride and that which they treasure most.

God bless.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Truvelisback(m): 7:48am On Nov 13, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You're not really because there are many Christians who are not suffering financially after giving their lives to Christ but experiencing the exact opposite. Some of them have testified here, like one who spoke of how tormented she was in several areas of her life, but later on she's doing give aways every weekend I think because according to her, God has been good to her.

Except you're talking about some Christians but not all as you say, so it's erroneous for you to generalize this way because it gives a very wrong impression.

That said, I am very well aware that following Christ comes with a price, so there are sufferings, persecutions and trials that come with the life, but there are also the benefits as well, hence people like men Peter and John despite that they didn't have much because, they didn't accumulate riches to themselves, they wouldn't trade what they had for all the riches and enjoyment in the world. That's why he would say "silver and gold i have none but such as I have, I give unto you", because it's a thing of pride and that which they treasure most.

God bless.
I didn't generalize it. I know that there are christians who were already rich before they became born again and they are still after being born again. Rather, i am talking abt those who were doing well(not necessarily rich) and living fine when they had not given their life to christ then, but when they gave their life, they started experiencing the what they never imagined would happen to them. E.g Hardship, Lack of money etc.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:52am On Nov 13, 2021
Workch:
key statement: “most atheist I know”
Key word: "negligible".
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Workch: 8:00am On Nov 13, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Key word: "negligible".
ok
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:00am On Nov 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
I didn't generalize it. I know that there are christians who were already rich before they became born again and they are still after being born again. Rather, i am talking abt those who were doing well(not necessarily rich) and living fine when they had not given their life to christ then, but when they gave their life, they started experiencing the what they never imagined would happen to them. E.g Hardship, Lack of money etc.
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, because it certainly does, but there are also many Christians who have experienced the exact opposite, from rags to riches after becoming saved, among other benefits. That's why you need to look again so that you'd not just see it from this point of view.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:19am On Nov 13, 2021
Truvelisback:

How else is gold purified?

A gem is not polished without friction nor man perfected without Trials. Chinese Proverb.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:26am On Nov 13, 2021
Hundredfold4lif:

grin After they have successfully completed their Adoption Process for sons of satan and Fully Filled The Will of The Lord.

While sons of Adam, (Abel's and Seths) should not be stupid and loose their Natural God inheritance by listening to the counsels and lures of the world.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:30am On Nov 13, 2021
Solsix:

He is not taking about persecutions but about suffering and hardship of Life and Living!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2021
Myzubby:

Kind of not true as former church goers would have told you, those principles did not work?

Why?

Because, as God hath Said, Keep One, Keep All; Break One, Break All!

It's a Whole Package!

You either keep the whole package or you Lose it All.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:53am On Nov 13, 2021
Heroicvic:

Go and tell my mummy

Look at the faces of your fellow yahoo-yahoos when caught, then you shall remember it was written, "A thief is Ashamed when he is caught"

He that hasteth to be rich, shall be poor and be cast into the prison.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Truvelisback(m): 9:30am On Nov 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

How else is gold purified?

A gem is not polished without friction nor man perfected without Trials. Chinese Proverb.
I agree with u. Alright, why are other christians different? What i mean is this: Have u ever ask urself this; Why is my own christianity different? Why are things not going fine for me like the way it's going for that christian Bro or that christian sister?
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Solsix(m): 9:36am On Nov 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

He is not taking about persecutions but about suffering and hardship of Life and Living!
So u think persecution is only when there a threat to your life?? Persecution comes in various forms like sickness, lack, poverty, hard life etc. All these are aim for a christian to drop his faith in Christ.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Truvelisback(m): 9:39am On Nov 13, 2021
Heroicvic:
Go and tell my mummy
Bro, Yahoo life is not the best. U can make money tru legal means.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Truvelisback(m): 9:43am On Nov 13, 2021
Solsix:

So u think persecution is only when there a threat to your life?? Persecution comes in various forms like sickness, lack, poverty, hard life etc. All these are aim for a christian to drop his faith in Christ.
No Bro, Persecution is a bit different. Persecution has to do with someone inflicting pain, suffering, punishment, threat etc on u as a result of ur faith.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Solsix(m): 9:46am On Nov 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
No Bro, Persecution is a bit different. Persecution has to do with someone inflicting pain, suffering, punishment, threat etc on u as a result of ur faith.
So is poverty, sickness, hardship inflicting?? Persecution can come from any form and angle. But u are free to believe whatever you wish sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born / How Satan Deceives People With The Bible / What You See Is What You Get

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.