Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) (32353 Views)

Nigeria Women Top Abortion Pills Search As Search Doubles / I Need Sleeping Pills Recommendations / Pregnant Ghanaian Women Now Take Pills To Bleach Their Unborn Babies’ Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by salveoP(m): 1:44pm On Nov 13, 2021
Pill, water, pill, water, pill, water(depending on the number of pills).
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by Angelfrost(m): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2021
illicit:
I grind the pills into powder then wash it down with water

They don't ever digest completely if taken whole

You can't do that for every pill...

Some pills are meant to be swallowed whole... This is to enhance absorption and promote efficacy, especially for sustained or controlled release medications or gastro-resistant pills.

To crush them would defeat the aim of their design.
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by 3RNEST(m): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2021
Ftheophilous:

Yes naw...eba or fufu. Me wey dey shake when I see drugs talkless of the smell.
Even paracetamol sef I never fit stand the colour. In fact, I don't like coloured drugs, especially red and yellow ones lipsrsealed
I prefer injection to drugs.. grin
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2021
illicit:

It digests faster that way

Try it
See this man o. Na Yiu be di stomach wey dey digest?
Everything falls into the gastric acid and dissolves, whether whole or in pieces.
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by Successmind(m): 1:49pm On Nov 13, 2021
None of d above, I chew...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by WAHLAYFRANCIS(m): 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2021
Pill and water
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by OFAIKGROUPS(m): 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2021
na inside eba or fufu i dey wrapmy own before i swallow

i cant come and kee myself grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by Tannhauser(m): 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2021
Sgbate:

You are doing it wrong, some drugs are designed the way they are for a reason, inorder to get to their site of action.
Grinding some drugs might get them completely digested before they get to their site of action,best to follow ur doctors or pharmacist direction to drug use.

angry
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by Pimine: 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2021
illicit:

Aswearugaaad

I may be wrong but crushing the drugs into powdered form before taking will increase the rate of absorption which may be counter-productive for some drugs.

Maybe the body may need to absorb the drugs jejely you come dey rush am lol grin
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by Greenback: 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2021
Once worked at a chemist in hometown Benin and this guy's comes in the morning to get some malaria drugs. I mean,dude came for chloroquine tablets. Gave them to him and next thing guy threw the first dose(4 tablets) into his mouth and chewed and swallowed them without water!!!! Without puritone that shields against that bloody itch!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by OlalekanAdebesh: 2:07pm On Nov 13, 2021
You can wrap it with eba or fufu before swallowing naa. That's the trick wise people like us use.
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by Badonasty(m): 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2021
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by orikoku: 2:14pm On Nov 13, 2021
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by Evergreen4(m): 2:15pm On Nov 13, 2021
Put them inside Eba and swallow grin
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by ogbu80(m): 2:16pm On Nov 13, 2021
I put mine inside Eba and swallow cry
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by Speedo17(m): 2:19pm On Nov 13, 2021
Inside garri (eba), then I fetch soup and swallow

1 Like

Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by Hayee(f): 2:22pm On Nov 13, 2021
If I want to be a good girl number 3 cheesy cheesy
If I don well like dis no need for drugs again na cheesy cheesy cheesy
I hide from my mum or I throw it away grin grin grin grin
I hate drugs with perfection angry angry angry cheesy
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by Mom007(f): 2:24pm On Nov 13, 2021
You forgot to add option
Eba and soup, pill inside EBA, scoop soup and swallow then sip water. That's what a lot of people here do. grin tongue
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by Smartlux(m): 2:24pm On Nov 13, 2021
4 cool
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by anayolity: 2:24pm On Nov 13, 2021
SouthWestBlood:

Well, I can do 5 pills at a go and then use water to push down. And I can also do pill alone. It's just it doesn't go down smoothly, and I'll feel some discomfort for a minute.

You see injection, that is my problem! I hate pain. I mean my pain threshold is fucking low.

Lolzz you've gotta increase your pain threshold then. wink cool

Btw I dislike injection with passion. angry angry
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by amorprincesa: 2:28pm On Nov 13, 2021
I can't use water. I can't remember when last I took pills using water.
Mine is Juice, pill.
Pocohantas, I no see that option.
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by OneKinGuy(m): 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2021
I dey rap am for fufu.
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by TripleAkutigi: 2:39pm On Nov 13, 2021
pocohantas:

Mine is 1(pill, water)
Anyone that does 4 (pill) is not human. cry
water pill water...
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by SenecaTheYonger: 2:40pm On Nov 13, 2021
illicit:

Hope you don’t think this makes you smart. The drugs are designed to slowly dissolve so your body can take absorb smaller pieces by pieces, gradually over a long period of time. What you’re doing makes your body absorbs too much quantity and in a short period of time which is dangerous for your liver.
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by Bleiz(m): 2:40pm On Nov 13, 2021
Stop chewing or crushing drugs unless specifically stated.

Stop chewing paracetamol or any other drug.

Thanks

Valwezzy:
All, except 3.

I swallow it If it's 1-2 tabs/capsule. (I do this with paracetamol, Ibuprofen, and multivits). I chew my paracetamol most times too grin grin

If the pills are up to 5, I put it inside my mouth before using water to gulp it down.

If it's more than 5, I'll use No.2.
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by ADMATT(m): 2:42pm On Nov 13, 2021
My method is not here. Put it inside swallow. Soup it and swallow. Goodbye tongue
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by Bleiz(m): 2:43pm On Nov 13, 2021
Stop using juice or any beverage to take ur drugs.

Most substances on their own aren't toxic. Some reactions between the drug and any beverage might make the hitherto safe drugs and nontoxic drink, toxic and cause harm to ur system.

Stop taking drugs with drinks. Use only water.

Thanks
amorprincesa:
I can't use water. I can't remember when last I took pills using water.
Mine is Juice, pill.
Pocohantas, I no see that option.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by ADMAF(m): 2:48pm On Nov 13, 2021
Valwezzy:
All, except 3.

I swallow it If it's 1-2 tabs/capsule. (I do this with paracetamol, Ibuprofen, and multivits). I chew my paracetamol most times too grin grin

If the pills are up to 5, I put it inside my mouth before using water to gulp it down.

If it's more than 5, I'll use No.2.
Chisos! undecided
Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by 8BitGee(m): 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2021
4 for caplets, tablets and soft gels. 1 for capsules.

Capsules are not designed to be eaten.

I was a sickly child, so chewing medicine or getting injections is no big deal.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by phr33man(m): 2:56pm On Nov 13, 2021
pocohantas:

Mine is 1(pill, water)

Anyone that does 4 (pill) is not human. cry

I bury my pill in any swallow food(fufu,eba, amala or semo) l, put in soup then swallow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Genotype: Do People Still Do This In A Relationship? / Mike Pence Didn't Wear Face-Mask During Visit To Clinic / Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.