Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control (78078 Views)

My Younger Sister Has This Entitlement Mentality. Help I'm Scared For Her. / My Mom’s Market List 1984: See How Far Nigeria Has Gone (Photo) / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by RAFFIZY(m): 9:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
Good day everyone, I want to raise an issue that has been bothering me as a sibling, and also to my parents.

My sister who has just finished her SSCE exams has been engaged in indecent chats with various people on her phone, we were brought up under strict muslim parents, honestly they have done a good job parenting so far, for the fact that my mum knew something was fishy because she is always with her phone.

Her phone has been seized, since this happened yesterday she has refused to greet my parents or even assist in helping my mum cook and also refused to eat as well. Both parents have tried the best they can to enlighten us about social media and how to moderately use it, but my sister wouldn't care to listen, it's as if she is possessed because it has happened more than once under my parents watch.

Parents on this forum, kindly suggest ways to treat this matter urgently.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by TundeWX: 9:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
Its just a phase,the latter teen stages where rebellion and peer group pressure takes the centre stage in ones fight for individuality....she'll grow out of it eventually,just let her be because the more opposition you create,the greater the rebellious attitude,just talk to her in an even but stern tone about her choice of friends.

417 Likes 18 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by JOEGENIUS(m): 9:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by silvoclaira: 9:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
Teach her the taliban style

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Xscape1993(m): 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
She needs to know more about life. This life is too deep for her.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by xpressionx(m): 9:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
Chatting with different men is haram

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Solsix(m): 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
Isllam and force are like 5 and 6. You don't force a way of life on an individual, you ask God to help the individual make the best of choice.
For those quoting me,if someone does not understand why he or she should live a way of like the person will not make the necessary changes no matter how strict the parents are. It will only lead to hypocritic life.

192 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2021
RAFFIZY:

Her phone has been seized,since this happened yesterday she has refused to greet my parents or even assist in helping my mum cook and also refused to eat as well. Both parents have tried the best they can to enlighten us about social media and how to moderately use it,but my sister wouldn't care to listen,its as if she is possessed because it has happened more than once under my parents watch.
How old is this sister of yours? undecided

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by RAFFIZY(m): 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
17years old

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Sonnobax15(m): 10:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
cheesy
Mennnnnnnn

1 Like

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
RAFFIZY:
17years old
When you say indecent chat, can you explain please? Do you mean like chatting with Nairalanders in romance section or what? undecided

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
Na because she be girl na.
If na boy them no go even bother sef.
Na wa ooo

195 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Mkelv0106(m): 10:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
As long as she hasn't gone pass the indecent chatting phase, she can still be curtailed.
Most girls her age, especially fresh out of secondary school children goes tru this phase, not just girls, but boys alike, they start exploring their sexuality, and get existed easy with any attention thrown their way, give her time and watch d company she keeps. But as we dey talk for Delta state, [color=#990000][/color] PIKIN WHEN WON SPOIL, GO SPOIL

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by mastermaestro(m): 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
RAFFIZY:
Good day everyone, I want to raise an issue that has been bothering me as a sibling,and also to my parents,my sister who has just finished her ssce exams has been engaged in indecent chats with various people on her phone,we were brought up under strict muslim parents,honestly they have done a good job parenting so far,for the fact that my mum knew something was fishy because she is always with her phone.
Her phone has been seized,since this happened yesterday she has refused to greet my parents or even assist in helping my mum cook and also refused to eat as well. Both parents have tried the best they can to enlighten us about social media and how to moderately use it,but my sister wouldn't care to listen,its as if she is possessed because it has happened more than once under my parents watch.

I am curious to know the contents of her 'indecent' chats. Honestly you are sounding paranoid.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by mastermaestro(m): 10:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
When you corner a child and deny them a healthy social life, you end up with stuffs like this. Something tells me that your sister's only way of meeting the world is through social media. Since she probably can't visit her friends around, or receive her friends at home, she is stuck on her phone.

A little freedom to socialize doesn't spoil a child.

170 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Myzubby(m): 10:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
Is like she went to a boarding school

Well if there is a guy in the house I will advise that the guy explains to her the dangers of premature exposure
I have come to understand that some girls will take advice on issues like relationship and sex from the opposite especially a brother than from their parents or mother .

Let her understand that any admiration or attention she is getting from the guys doesn't last for ever and will end at the instance the guy gets what he wants .

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Spherical77(m): 1:57am On Nov 13, 2021
Myzubby:
Is like she went to a boarding school

Well if there is a guy in the house I will advise that the guy explains to her the dangers of premature exposure
I have come to understand that some girls will take advice on issues like relationship and sex from the opposite especially a brother than from their parents or mother .

Let her understand that any admiration or attention she is getting from the guys doesn't last for ever and will end at the instance the guy gets what he wants .
RAFFIZY please make use of this. This is a good method to adopt also

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by bigjackass: 4:26am On Nov 13, 2021
I had the same fears about my sister too, even tried to make my parents seize her phone when I saw her sending pictures to random guys online, but she turned out fine. It's just a phase where she's feeling so sexy and attractive. Just monitor her like a hawk to ensure she doesn't do more than chatting with boys

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Bluewitch(f): 4:36am On Nov 13, 2021
Solsix:
Isllam and force are like 5 and 6. You don't force a way of life on an individual, you ask God to help the individual make the best of choice.

Same with Christianity

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Foodqueen(f): 6:11am On Nov 13, 2021
It's a phase, it will definitely pass.

Let your parent act as if they give her freedom while directly cautioning her.

Note...
To give a child full freedom and to make a child think that she has freedom is two different things.parents needs to understand this.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by nitt: 6:31am On Nov 13, 2021
Solsix:

This one na mumu sha

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Olumighty123(m): 6:33am On Nov 13, 2021
Foodqueen:
It's a phase, it will definitely pass.

Let your parent act as if they give her freedom while directly cautioning her.

Note...
To give a child full freedom and to make a child think that she has freedom is two different things.parents needs to understand this.

Please explain the bolded

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by NoToPile: 6:45am On Nov 13, 2021
I don't believe it's just a phase, children of this days are something else secondary school children are doing whatsome of us dare not do back then even in our 20s, curb it before it turns to something else.

I was 17 in the university on holiday when my cousin called my line to come open the door, he didn't want to knock to wake everybody,vit was busy by 1am grin. Mtn extra cool things . He sent me a text , drop that call now and open the gate, I was like mogbe .

He asked who I was talking to for over 15 minutes he had tried and tried , it was this coloured screen phones back then , I don't think i could see incoming calls while on another call
It was a friend of a friend (a boy.)not a boy friend. The dude actually called my friend spoke with him and introduced himself as my cousin ooo and even saved his no, he was in his 30s then. When he dropped the call he said he wanted to he sure I wasn't talking to a thirty something year old like himself cheesy possibly so they wouldnt deceive me .

Even 5years later he still had the number on his phone and we both laughed about it. I received lecture that 1.30am.

Ordinary extracool, I explained and explained.

Indecent chat ke? That phone is gone niyen.

You are already finding indecent chat (I am assuming it's sexually related) that's how it will start to ehen. If you can seize the phone seize it.

I don't believe in all this kind of parenting we do nowadays

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 13, 2021
RAFFIZY:
Good day everyone, I want to raise an issue that has been bothering me as a sibling,and also to my parents,my sister who has just finished her ssce exams has been engaged in indecent chats with various people on her phone,we were brought up under strict muslim parents,honestly they have done a good job parenting so far,for the fact that my mum knew something was fishy because she is always with her phone.
what do you mean by "indecent chats"?
If she is under age and went against your parents rules then she should be "punished" but not in a way that's gonna affect her mentally..as a big bro sit her down and talk to her about the implications of what she did..if it's against your religion bring the verse where it's been quoted and tell her the God you serve is against that(since you are brought up in a Muslim way)...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by prettysassygirl(f): 7:11am On Nov 13, 2021
Please let her be,it's a phase,she would be out of it in no time grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by greenie77: 7:19am On Nov 13, 2021
As her elder brother, take her out far away from home to a relaxing environment where she would not sense your parents' shadows and have a laid back talk about the presenting issues, what interests her, what next for her since she is now through with secondary education etc.

Adolescents are more drawn to older persons who have a two-way conversation with them than imposing on them. Like someone posted somewhere, "rebellion is the job description of adolescents" cheesy

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Laurene: 7:30am On Nov 13, 2021
bigjackass:
I had the same fears about my sister too, even tried to make my parents seize her phone when I saw her sending pictures to random guys online, but she turned out fine. It's just a phase where she's feeling so sexy and attractive. Just monitor her like a hawk to ensure she doesn't do more than chatting with boys
but you chat with other girls?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by bigjackass: 7:41am On Nov 13, 2021
Laurene:
but you chat with other girls?
I can only vouch for myself. Every other guy is a potential vulture until proven otherwise undecided

12 Likes

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by CivilzedTyger(m): 8:13am On Nov 13, 2021
Solsix:
Do u know u are a big fool? Not a small one. So u now as a Christian if ur sister or daughter is out there sharing nudes like an indecent star you'll applaud her and buy her more data cos you're the liberals right,? No wonder majority of online nudists are Christians.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Solsix(m): 9:37am On Nov 13, 2021
CivilzedTyger:
Do u know u are a big fool? Not a small one. So u now as a Christian if ur sister or daughter is out there sharing nudes like an indecent star you'll applaud her and buy her more data cos you're the liberals right,? No wonder majority of online nudists are Christians.
Hahahaha e pain you

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Keepamsafe: 9:38am On Nov 13, 2021
The ball has entered my court.

That your sister don reach puberty age, and like this so, her body don start to day sweet her. although still a minor. Nothing you people can do about it.

She don officially enter Olosho stage.

#notominors

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by ideatoprince18(m): 9:38am On Nov 13, 2021
It's a good thing the phone was seized!!!

But to be sincere this is the hardest phase parents go through when training a child. The teenage years can be teicky. If u are too hard on the child, the child may fall out. If u are too soft the child may fall out. So all your parents gats do is to handle your sis with care, bring her closer to themself , ask her questions , try to know her friends (including her bf) so that in that way, she can't hide anything.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

DNA Scandal: "I'm Innocent" - Late Tunde's Wife, Moyo Thomas Breaks Silence / Lady Receives The Shock Of Her Life 3 Years After She Divorced Her Husband / This Whatsapp Status Was Posted By Someone's Wife. Should I Tell Her Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.