Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control (78076 Views)

My Younger Sister Has This Entitlement Mentality. Help I'm Scared For Her. / My Mom’s Market List 1984: See How Far Nigeria Has Gone (Photo) / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by capnies: 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2021
WHY GIVE CHILDREN IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS PHONE, FOR WHAT
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Adakintroy: 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2021
TundeWX:
Its just a phase,the latter teen stages where rebellion and peer group pressure takes the centre stage in ones fight for individuality....she'll grow out of it eventually,just let her be because the more opposition you create,the greater the rebellious attitude,just talk to her in an even but stern tone about her choice of friends.

Plantain de spoil de go some say na ripe. Just a phase ke?

anyway, I believe in the doctrin of koboko or Water Cain..

It has been tried and tested..even the bible approve of it.

make sure you naked her before you start this delicate process of extract whatever spirit out. It a local spirit, hence hey are very tough and rugged. I would suggest prayer, but this form of excorcism works better. First Pour water for her back, tie and hand and leg then make her count the numbers. Before hundren am sure. Whatever spirit troubling her will come out.Am very buhari is our president sure.
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Adakintroy: 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2021
TundeWX:
Its just a phase,the latter teen stages where rebellion and peer group pressure takes the centre stage in ones fight for individuality....she'll grow out of it eventually,just let her be because the more opposition you create,the greater the rebellious attitude,just talk to her in an even but stern tone about her choice of friends.

make sure you naked her before you start this delicate process of extract whatever spirit out. It a local spirit, hence hey are very tough and rugged. I would suggest prayer, but this form of exorcism works better. First Pour water for her back, tie hand and leg then make her count the numbers. Before hundren am sure. Whatever spirit troubling her will come out.
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Omniman(m): 1:52pm On Nov 13, 2021
It just took one resounding slap to reset my sister brain..

You dey tell me your brother "leave me alone o"

Me that love you from here to the moon.
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by TundeWX: 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2021
Adakintroy:

make sure you naked her before you start this delicate process of extract whatever spirit out. It a local spirit, hence hey are very tough and rugged. I would suggest prayer, but this form of exorcism works better. First Pour water for her back, tie hand and leg then make her count the numbers. Before hundren am sure. Whatever spirit troubling her will come out.

Abeg o cheesy
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Lollyba: 1:54pm On Nov 13, 2021
The manner in which you correct her goes a long way, may be you are too strict on her, at this stage she has been exposed already. All you need to do is to sit her down and talk to her calmly, make her see why what she is doing is wrong give her instances from the society, let her see the side effects of what she is doing. With that she will think of it and by God's grace she will change. Please return her phone to her cutting ones head off is not the remedy for headache
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by joyandfaith: 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2021
Lokojatoofar:

Oh well, she has herself to blame

She is still young to handle pressure of this world. Carrot and stick approach should be used in helping her.
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by CivilzedTyger(m): 2:17pm On Nov 13, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

Afonja white garment are not Christians.
Their fetish ways put them on par with heathen Islamic Alfas.
I swear u have pap inside ur thick skull in place of a brain. Get off my mentions with ur low IQ comments.
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by empressruky(f): 2:26pm On Nov 13, 2021
Solsix:
Isllam and force are like 5 and 6. You don't force a way of life on an individual, you ask God to help the individual make the best of choice.
For those quoting me,if someone does not understand why he or she should live a way of like the person will not make the necessary changes no matter how strict the parents are. It will only lead to hypocritic life.
I don't see how trying to correct a teenager has anything to do with religion or being forced. Her phone was seized cos she did something she shouldn't at her age. Considering the gender, the age, the environment we live in and the likely repercussions if anything should go wrong. How is that force or religion related for God's sake. Grow up please
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Flamees(m): 2:32pm On Nov 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
When you say indecent chat, can you explain please? Do you mean like chatting with Nairalanders in romance section or what? undecided
grin grin grin
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Hassanmaye(m): 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2021
silvoclaira:
Teach her the taliban style
Hahahhahahaha Bad boy
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by gbemishile: 2:40pm On Nov 13, 2021
First of, wonder what a 17year old is doing with an android phone.its bad parenting for me.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by WoundedLamb: 3:21pm On Nov 13, 2021
Would you have cared if it was a boy? When y'all call women names and shame them at the slightest sign of irresponsibility but always look the other way when boys go around publicly showcasing theirs all over the forum, you're making the environment toxic for your sisters and daughters. Accept it or not, the only way to reduce promiscuity is by removing the gender bias. Treat the girl child and the boy child alike when it comes to criticizing indecent behavior. This is because the boys you unleash today won't do it with one another. You can't rely on one party's self will alone.

Now regarding your sister, she is at a phase where y'all need to give her some sound sex education. Seizing her phone, hitting her, etc. can never yield a better result than constantly engaging in a heart-to-heart discussion with her. By freely discussing the whole boyfriend/girlfriend and other sex related topics, you make yourselves a safe space (similar to what her friends are to her) where she can talk freely. This way, you'll get the opportunity to educate her on the implications of certain decisions and the best way to stay protected.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by reXurrectionZA(m): 3:27pm On Nov 13, 2021
Its simple try to make her understand that its normal in every person her age to feel they need to explore sexuality (yourself or your experiences as an example because she needs to know that you understand her)
And then explain to her that shes has to be careful not because of the shame she may bring but because of her glorious future and herself.

The first part is the most important...
Thanks
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by newoffer: 3:35pm On Nov 13, 2021
Na their age be dat . Exploration age. Where dey share kpekus like plantain chips. Engage her on some activities.
RAFFIZY:
17years old
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by yinkeys(m): 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
@Raffizy She’s idle
They should give her tasks
Clean house, wash clothes, complete a course online, computer school, type for her dad or something
Buy Suzanne Venkers books for her to read
& summarize for them
If she’s pre-occupied, it’d distract her
The trick is to keep her busy
This rebellious nature is normal in teenagers
Puberty isn’t something the average human can easily process until you’re through with it.
She’s almost 20, all they can do is talk to her & return the phone once she’s 18
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by raskie25: 4:37pm On Nov 13, 2021
Let try to be reasonable �‍♂️
silvoclaira:
Teach her the taliban style
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by AbdOla: 4:44pm On Nov 13, 2021
Share her number here,I need to talk to her in a language she understand
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by babansamu(m): 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2021
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop" we all see this in homes where teenagers are left at home, mostly after secondary school. What do you expect of a girl eating and sleeping 24-7 without any direction of putting her to learn a skill or a task in life. Engage her in something occupying.
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by nurain150(m): 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2021
Solsix:
Isllam and force are like 5 and 6. You don't force a way of life on an individual, you ask God to help the individual make the best of choice.
For those quoting me,if someone does not understand why he or she should live a way of like the person will not make the necessary changes no matter how strict the parents are. It will only lead to hypocritic life.
If you have girl child over 18 I'm ready to be intimate with her in all styles and ramifications

I will so useless her like a hoe and pass her around.

I think you would be happy with that.
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by nurain150(m): 6:20pm On Nov 13, 2021
Beebah2000:
Na because she be girl na.
If na boy them no go even bother sef.
Na wa ooo

So she should continue oloshism
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Laurene: 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2021
bigjackass:
I can only vouch for myself. Every other guy is a potential vulture until proven otherwise undecided
so you think you are not a vulture?
By every guy, do you mean your brother(s) cousins etc?
Your son could also be a vulture, you never can tell.
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Freedom34: 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2021
lomprico:

pikin whey wan spoil go spoil.
the peer pressure out there is just too strong and too much thanks to social media.
Asin ehn....., even b4 d days of social media d peer pressure na war, how much more nowadays with all d technologies DT will bring d farthest place in d world right to ur doorstep.

Once a child has reached 15 years he/she's already set in his/her ways.
An African proverb says person no dey search for black goat for night
cool
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by muheeb01(m): 7:28pm On Nov 13, 2021
Plenty things are happening,she'll soon calm down,it's a phase when those boys outside show her pepper she'll understand what you and your parents are trying to avoid....won ni ki omode ma dete to ba ti le da inu igbo gbe
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by LordReed(m): 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2021
RAFFIZY:
Good day everyone, I want to raise an issue that has been bothering me as a sibling, and also to my parents.

My sister who has just finished her SSCE exams has been engaged in indecent chats with various people on her phone, we were brought up under strict muslim parents, honestly they have done a good job parenting so far, for the fact that my mum knew something was fishy because she is always with her phone.

Her phone has been seized, since this happened yesterday she has refused to greet my parents or even assist in helping my mum cook and also refused to eat as well. Both parents have tried the best they can to enlighten us about social media and how to moderately use it, but my sister wouldn't care to listen, it's as if she is possessed because it has happened more than once under my parents watch.

Parents on this forum, kindly suggest ways to treat this matter urgently.

This is the thing with strictness it creates an environment of suppression that once a little outlet is found will lead to drastically different behaviour. How old is your sister?
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by APCNig: 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2021
TundeWX:

You said she will grow out of it, what about if she ends IP with three babies from three different men?
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by APCNig: 8:32pm On Nov 13, 2021
Solsix:

And Christianity that does not use force has willingly grown into lesbians and gays. That was why those before you wanted to rape Angels that came to visit Lot'd family in tbe Bible. Your head no correct. The type of freedom that you all want, Islam will never give you.
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Nezzjnr: 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2021
I started using phone when I finished my Waec

Parents have failed
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by wallrichy: 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2021
I think this little girl is over bearing and must have been giving an undue petty treatment by her parents for her to even have the effrontery of not partaking in the house chore and also keeping malice with everybody in house including the parents. That's the height of irresponsibility by the parents. One thing is bringing up your kids religiously and another thing is bringing them up with love and respect. This girl doesn't have respect at all and no fear of the parents at all in her.

I guess not too late anyway, the parents needs a lot to do. First let them bring her down to their level and speak to her in love. Make sure she understands and also explain lives experiences to her and also lay your plans and your desire for her to succeed in life before her so that she would see what's infront of her. Make her choose a role model she likes among ladies of substance in Nigeria and instill it in her that they never get distracted like she wanted to do but focused on their ambitions....

She ain't beyond redemption as far as I can see....but your parents should instill respect and discipline in her and leave religion for now of they can't integrate religion and good behaviour together.....so much to say....God help you guys

NoToPile:

@bolded yeah right, not really a big deal till it gets completely out of hand then you will know it is a really bigbl deal.

That transition stuff was like 15-20 years ago times have changed , children are getting more daring.

Maybe I am the only one thinking indecent is sexually related.

We are not even talking about chatting oo even chatting should have some limits

If it is anything near indecent /sexual the phone is gone. First things first then we now 'talk' about it. IF she needs some brain resetting it will be done.

With all the nonsense even 14 year olds are doing nowadays,it's better not to take that risk.

This girl is not even talking to her parents, not eating and not doing chores because her phone was seized. Chai.She needs some brain resetting. She has guts ooo
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by Guzx: 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2021
Oh
Re: My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control by metaphysics(m): 11:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
Deliverance case.... grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

DNA Scandal: "I'm Innocent" - Late Tunde's Wife, Moyo Thomas Breaks Silence / Lady Receives The Shock Of Her Life 3 Years After She Divorced Her Husband / My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.