Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide (32801 Views)

30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) / A Patient Tests Positive For COVID-19 In Cross-River - UCTH / Man Brings His Generator For Child’s Treatment At UCTH - photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Nebes: 3:32pm On Nov 14, 2021
seyz91:
read the thread again and understand undecided

He committed suicide after failing his exams. His mental health couldn’t have been normal.

If you work and also have to write professional exams under the Nigerian medical system it truly takes a toll on you. Hazard allowance is not for exposure to diseases alone. Suboptimal mental health is hazardous both for the patient and the doctor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by mastermaestro(m): 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nwaotu10:
Rip Dr.
I will join you soon. Amen.

Join him where? You go nowhere! You must fight until you win. No retreat, no surrendering! Everyone has their battles presented in varying colours. Win yours! Win yours! Win yours! angry

2 Likes

Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Angelfrost(m): 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
Iyaebe:
RIP to him,most medical doctors have one mental health issues or another,most of them are depressed and psychotic.I can never marry a doctor,nothing about their life attracts me.

Maybe the ones you have met... All the ones I know are happily married, living happy and fulfilled lives.

Mental illness and suicide abound across all professions and personalities. No need for stereotypes.

2 Likes

Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Thunderfayayou: 3:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
EtteP:

https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2021/11/ucth-doctor-allegedly-commits-suicide.html

I will never give up by killing myself. As an engineer the man I am currently working for used to be a tipa driver but today he owns a 4 star hotels,morethan 3 estates and have travelled far and wide.

I can't kill myself for myself and by muself

3 Likes

Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by sirjamesjnr(m): 3:37pm On Nov 14, 2021
Iyaebe:
RIP to him, most medical doctors have one mental health issues or another, most of them are depressed and psychotic. I can never marry a doctor, nothing about their life attracts me.
. I think I know where you are coming from. When I met my babe I didn't know she is a doc. Honestly, if I did I will have to drag my feet. The bond we shared kept our relationship going. One time I visit her workplace, I have to cut her some slack. Government need to take care of them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Nwaotu10(m): 3:37pm On Nov 14, 2021
mastermaestro:

Join him where? You go nowhere! You must fight until you win. No retreat, no surrendering! Everyone has their battles presented in varying colours. Win yours! Win yours! Win yours! angry
This fight has no ending.
One can only surrender and know perennial peace.
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Testimony1988(m): 3:40pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hmmm, he was ignorant of his action.
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by ukaface(f): 3:40pm On Nov 14, 2021
paulolee:
depression is real....I jus wish its not connected to woman matter
You didn't read the article? Any small thing woman, nawa o

1 Like

Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Mechejy: 3:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
He has been using cadavers or dead bodies for his practicals. It is time now for his own cadaver to be used in anatomy laboratory by young medical students. Foolish man like him. Even if he didn’t pass the exam hasn’t he passed the degree exam
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by otokx(m): 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2021
chigoziri2403:
Twenty years ago, suicide was alien to our culture, now it's rampant
What happened

TV and Internet
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by mastermaestro(m): 3:43pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nwaotu10:

This fight has no ending.
One can only surrender and know perennial peace.

You cannot surrender! Persist! What you see, others have seen. What you face, others have faced. What you are fighting, others have fought. Champions take the crown and the peace! angry
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Triangles1(m): 3:47pm On Nov 14, 2021
tutudesz:
We blame every death on Suicide this days undecided just kill someone and drop sniper container on the ground, you will get away with it undecided

Well said brotherly but this is AfriNaija
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by seyz91(m): 3:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
Now you got it
Nebes:

He committed suicide after failing his exams. His mental health couldn’t have been normal.

If you work and also have to write professional exams under the Nigerian medical system it truly takes a toll on you. Hazard allowance is not for exposure to diseases alone. Suboptimal mental health is hazardous both for the patient and the doctor.
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Orpe7(m): 3:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
Bro, ure selfish and I feel no pity for you.
What will become of ur wife and 3 kids
Selfish mofo
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by anselm791(m): 3:54pm On Nov 14, 2021
mkoabiola:
Lies
Fake blog

Tell us more.
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Selfmotivated: 4:01pm On Nov 14, 2021
EtteP:

https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2021/11/ucth-doctor-allegedly-commits-suicide.html
Medicine is not for lazy people. Being a doctor comes with patience and hardwork. RIP
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Almunjid(m): 4:03pm On Nov 14, 2021
chigoziri2403:
Twenty years ago, suicide was alien to our culture, now it's rampant
What happened
20 years ago, our way (of life) was different from the white men's. Recently, we abandoned our own way (of life) owing to the feeling of inferiority complex and we started following white men's way (of life), and that's how we started arriving at the same destination with them (suicide at the end of the road).
The sad truth is that we only copy white men's bad behaviours, cultures, attitudes, lifestyles etc. That's y we're not progressing in Africa.
The only solution is for us to accept our individualities, cultures, traditions, norms, value etc. We'll only find peace in being who we truly are, not by pretending to be who we're not.

Peace!

1 Like

Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by ajl: 4:06pm On Nov 14, 2021
Sad! He never come to terms that he probably wasn't destined to be a doctor.
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by tutudesz: 4:10pm On Nov 14, 2021
Triangles1:

Well said brotherly but this is AfriNaija
Just imagine someone will be hanging from a tree, next thing they will conclude it was suicide undecided

1 Like

Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by redsun(m): 4:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
paulolee:
depression is real....I jus wish it not connected to woman matter

What killed him was the rigorous and sometimes unnecessary exams he couldn't pass to move to the next level of his chosen discipline. He could have been a brilliant doctor practically, but understanding oyinbo imposed language to pass exams theoretically could have been his obstacle; #teacher don't teach me nonsense.

Depression is a blurred or hard to attain perspective. Changing that perspective could give the so-called depressed something to look forward. We all have problems in life but our determination to solve our problems should be eternal.
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by ajl: 4:13pm On Nov 14, 2021
Selfmotivated:

Medicine is not for lazy people. Being a doctor comes with patience and hardwork. RIP

Not a question of being lazy. It's more than that. What one can never be, one wouldn't be, no matter one's effort. I had a high school mate, in fact two of them super brilliant kids. Both were very competitive and ended up as medical students at Unilag. Sadly one passed away just like that, not accident or anything crazy. The other became a successful medical doctor. That's life journey for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Aksnoopy: 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
Iyaebe:
RIP to him,most medical doctors have one mental health issues or another,most of them are depressed and psychotic.I can never marry a doctor,nothing about their life attracts me.
You need to spend more money on new pants and less money on data and social media.
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 14, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. I think I know where you are coming from. When I met my babe I didn't know she is a doc. Honestly, if I did I will have to drag my feet. The bond we shared kept our relationship going. One time I visit her workplace, I have to cut her some slack. Government need to take care of them.
Female medical doctors are more composed and scanner than their male counterpart, I really don't like medical doctors as a partner
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Exczz: 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
Jesus
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
Almunjid:

20 years ago, our way (of life) was different from the white men's. Recently, we abandoned our own way (of life) owing to the feeling of inferiority complex and we started following white men's way (of life), and that's how we started arriving at the same destination with them (suicide at the end of the road).
The sad truth is that we only copy white men's bad behaviours, cultures, attitudes, lifestyles etc. That's y we're not progressing in Africa.
The only solution is for us to accept our individualities, cultures, traditions, norms, value etc. We'll only find peace in being who we truly are, not by pretending to be who we're not.

Peace!

Western culture had thoroughly penetrated Nigeria long before 20 years ago...

Also suicide has been a problem in many cultures, including our own. The advent of the internet, and the thing called the news blog means that a lot more cases get reported

And 20 years ago, there were suicides, and suicide attempts. I recall reading about a gentleman who committed suicide by entering the lion enclosure in a Nigerian zoo...as far back as 1990.
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by bizzibodi(m): 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
Why kill himself...ishe not a medical doctor already.
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by alfred007(m): 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nawaoh
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Polynek(m): 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
The problem wey go make me kill myself, Dem never born am angry
RIP MAN
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Nwaotu10(m): 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
mastermaestro:

You cannot surrender! Persist! What you see, others have seen. What you face, others have faced. What you are fighting, others have fought. Champions take the crown and the peace! angry

Thank you.
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by Almunjid(m): 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
backbencher:

Western culture had thoroughly penetrated Nigeria long before 20 years ago...

Also suicide has been a problem in many cultures, including our own. The advent of the internet, and the thing called the news blog means that a lot more cases get reported

And 20 years ago, there were suicides, and suicide attempts. I recall reading about a gentleman who committed suicide by entering the lion enclosure in a Nigerian zoo...as far back as 1990.
There are exceptional cases. But I think the gentleman u mentioned was a pastor trying to prove his powers. He willingly entered lion's den and was torn into pieces.
How much do we know about western culture b4 the proliferation of social media platforms?
20 years back, many of us don't even have phones, we pay vendors to call or receive calls.
Re: Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide by dontrulee: 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2021
Iyaebe:

Thank God you said most not all. Medical doctors are still the best person around. When you are sick, you visit the hospital. But why can't you marry a doctor? Wetin dey do you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter / U.S Is Not Prepared For Coronavirus - Health Worker, Maureen Dugan / 69-year-old Man Collapses, Dies In Umuahia Street (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.