Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. (767 Views)

Can You Cancel Your Wedding Because Of Menstrual Cramps? / Which Is More Painful Menstrual Cramps VS Konji Pains? / Ladies Only : Share your worst experience With Menstrual Cramps ( Photo ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. by Havesomesense(m): 8:04am On Nov 14, 2021
I did some research on menstrual cramps and here's what I discovered.

Every month, at least 1 in 4 persons who menstruate experience menstrual pain that keeps them from engaging in other activities. This pain is a medical condition called dysmenorrhea.
Symptoms of dysmenorrhea include pain in the lower abdomen, back, and/or thighs. Pain can range from mild to severe and span from 1 - 3 days.

Some home remedies I found:
1. Heat therapy
This involves holding a hot water bag/bottle to your abdomen or sitting in a bath filled with hot water. The heat helps to relax the uterus' muscles which increases blood flow. If you have to work, you can wear a waist bag with a portable water bag or bottle in it filled with hot water to help ease the pain as you complete your to-do list.

2. Tea
Tea works the same way a hot water bag does, relaxing the muscles from within, easing your pain. Chamomile tea is particularly known for its ability to ease the pain. It is full of anti-inflammatory substances that help suppress prostaglandins.

3. Ginger
Chop ginger into tiny bits and boiled it in water. This relieved my pain greatly. A study conducted in 2009 of university students, found that ginger powder is as effective as ibuprofen for dysmenorrhea.

4. Massage
Massages encourage blood flow which in turn reduces the pain. For double effect, try taking warm water while getting a belly massage. You can also infuse essential oils in your massages like lavender oil which generally relieves pain and stress. Peppermint oil is also a great choice. Remember to mix your essential oil with a carrier oil like coconut oil before rubbing it onto your skin.

Curbing/Avoiding menstrual pain is a continuous process and should not be reserved for just a few days to your period. If you cut drugs out of your cycle, here are other things you can do to help reduce your menstrual cramps:

1. Drink more water: Increasing your daily water intake can help reduce bloating which intensifies menstrual symptoms.

2.Avoid certain foods: Salty foods, fatty foods, carbonated beverages, alcohol, and caffeine are known to increase water retention in the body which intensifies cramps for people who menstruate.
Foods like cookies, bread, pasta, etc should be eaten with care.

3. Eat certain foods: Anti-inflammatory foods like tomatoes, bell peppers, oranges, and green leafy vegetables help fight the inflammation that makes menstrual cramps worse. Beans, almonds, and coldwater fish high in omega-3 fatty acids are also great choices. 

For some people, painful periods may never go away. Others swear by sex or childbirth. However, if you experience unbearable menstrual cramps, please try seeing a gynaecologist.

Men, show more concern and care to your girlfriend when she's having menstrual cramps.

If you have any question(s) feel free to ask.
Re: How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. by Nackzy: 8:06am On Nov 14, 2021
She transfers aggression in excess during this period
Re: How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. by chatinent: 8:10am On Nov 14, 2021
It is totally understandable.
Re: How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. by Havesomesense(m): 8:12am On Nov 14, 2021
Nackzy:
She transfers aggression in excess during this period

Try to calm her down and assist her in doing more house chores during that period.

Also try to pamper her.
Re: How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. by Bombastically00(m): 8:13am On Nov 14, 2021
Nice one dude...
Re: How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. by Nackzy: 8:17am On Nov 14, 2021
Havesomesense:

Try to calm her down and assist her in doing more house chores during that period.

Also try to pamper her.
I wish is just this my brother i do more
Re: How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. by Or11: 8:52am On Nov 14, 2021
I buy my buy lots of junk food during her period. Kebab, McDonald's, candy, ice cream etc. It works like magic.
Re: How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. by Havesomesense(m): 9:46am On Nov 14, 2021
Or11:
I buy my buy lots of junk food during her period. Kebab, McDonald's, candy, ice cream etc. It works like magic.

Nice but too much sugar causes severe menstrual pain.
Re: How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. by Havesomesense(m): 9:51am On Nov 14, 2021
Nackzy:

I wish is just this my brother i do more

If you don't mind her excess aggression during her period then continue to stick to her.
But if you do, respectfully disassociate from the relationship.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 14, 2021
As I no get boyfriend, make I use the tips for myself by myself embarassed

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 14, 2021
All this stress for a girlfriend, not even wife?
Mtttttcheeeeewww...

Sheybi na me dey follow am menstrate undecided

Any babe wey want transfer aggression on me because of menstrual cramps, dey OYO cause me I go japa...

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. by Or11: 10:56am On Nov 14, 2021
Havesomesense:

Nice but too much sugar causes severe menstrual pain.

I think this depends on the woman
Re: How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. by Havesomesense(m): 12:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
Doradorwa:
As I no get boyfriend, make I use the tips for myself by myself embarassed

Correct.
Re: How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. by Havesomesense(m): 12:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
Or11:

I think this depends on the woman

Yes.
Re: How To Deal With Your Girlfriend's Menstrual Cramps. by Magnoliaa(f): 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mtcheeewww

(1) (Reply)

Stubborness No Good But It Helped Me During My Childhood. / Please How Much From Lagos To Portacourt Please / Pls How Many Of You See This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.