Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? (613 Views)

Being In Love Vs Loving (someone): Can You Love Someone And Not Be In Love? / Why Friendship Should Come Before Sex In A Relationship / Please Your Girlfriend Should Come First Before Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by helinues: 8:39am On Nov 14, 2021
Between loving oneself and loving Others, which one is more important to you? Which should come first?

Some people would prefer to love themselves dearly but find it hard to love others

Some people are not interested in loving themselves but they can love others 100%

Some can love themselves and still love others: 50/50

While some people don't even have any of the love in their subconscious mind.

So Self love or loving Others, which one top your priority?
Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by Daveambition(m): 8:48am On Nov 14, 2021
Na "Money Love" sure pas jaaare..

Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by Malory: 8:48am On Nov 14, 2021
Can't believe you are asking such a dumb question. You already know the answer to that but seems you are more interested in the attention you will get from it
Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by helinues: 8:49am On Nov 14, 2021
Daveambition:
Na "Money Love" sure pas jaaare..

That na still self love as priority cos you consider the important of money in everything which will be useful to you
Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by Davash222(m): 8:49am On Nov 14, 2021
I never Love myself finish, I come dey Love others.. That's why before I send any girl 2k, I must spoil myself with 5k first. If I don't have 7k for such frivolities, I'm not sending any 2k.

3 Likes

Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by Amotolongbo(f): 8:53am On Nov 14, 2021
helinues:
Between loving oneself and loving Others, which one is more important to you? Which should come first?

Some people would prefer to love themselves dearly but find it hard to love others

Some people are not interested in loving themselves but they can love others 100%

Some can love themselves and still love others: 50/50

While some people don't even have any of the love in their subconscious mind.

So Self love or loving Others, which one top your priority?
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.” - Mark 12:31

The first thing is loving yourself. Then loving others come after.

The preposition “as” tells the magnitude of love one must show one’s neighbour. The proportion of love extended to your neighbours must be the same as the one you have to yourself

1 Like

Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by Romanoff(f): 8:54am On Nov 14, 2021
If you don't love yourself, you'd be unable to love others.

Love your neighbour as yourself. Meaning you'd have to love yourself first.
Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by helinues: 8:56am On Nov 14, 2021
Malory:
Can't believe you are asking such a dumb question. You already know the answer to that but seems you are more interested in the attention you will get from it

I already know the answer? Why do we still have so many mumu in love if those people are practicing self love first ? You can't give what you don't have, remember
Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by Bombastically00(m): 8:57am On Nov 14, 2021
Matthew 22:34-40
Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by Davash222(m): 8:57am On Nov 14, 2021
Romanoff:
If you don't love yourself, you'd be unable to love others.

Love your neighbour as yourself. Meaning you'd have to love yourself first.
For me, I see that "neighbour" in that verse as my inner self.

Love your inner self as your real self.

I don't have Love to waste for Neighbours.

2 Likes

Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by helinues: 9:03am On Nov 14, 2021
Davash222:

But you can't really experience true self love without loving others. Self love is more like inner peace of mind
Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by Romanoff(f): 9:04am On Nov 14, 2021
Davash222:

Your neighbour in this case is anyone aside yourself.
Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by helinues: 9:05am On Nov 14, 2021
Amotolongbo:
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.” - Mark 12:31

The first thing is loving yourself. Then loving others come after.

The preposition “as” shows the magnitude of love one must show one’s neighbour. The proportion of love extended to your neighbours must be the same as the one you have to yourself

And is there any sin in loving myself more than my neighbours?
Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by Amotolongbo(f): 9:07am On Nov 14, 2021
helinues:

And is there any sin in loving myself more than my neighbours?
The choice is yours.

If your conscience permits it.

But make sure that you don’t hurt your neighbors
Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by Davash222(m): 9:09am On Nov 14, 2021
helinues:

But you can't really experience true self love without loving others. Self love is more like inner peace of mind
Others should Love themselves too.

Make everybody Love themselves , nobody will have time to Love his or her Neighbour.

2 Likes

Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by helinues: 9:09am On Nov 14, 2021
Amotolongbo:
The choice is yours.

If your conscience permits it.

But make sure that you don’t hurt your neighbors

Well, as long as I am always considerate with my actions towards my neighbors, we would all be fine
Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by helinues: 9:11am On Nov 14, 2021
Davash222:

Others should Love themselves too.

Make everybody Love themselves , nobody will have time to Love his or her Neighbour.

Except if one wants to go extra ordinary, loving others doesn't cost a thing
Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by Amotolongbo(f): 9:19am On Nov 14, 2021
helinues:

Well, as long as I am always considerate with my actions towards my neighbors, we would all be fine
Loving them makes you being considerate with your actions towards your neighbor.

You could have been inconsiderate and cruel or indifferent towards them. The fact that you thought of them and mind your actions towards them is nothing but loving them.
Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by Malory: 9:29am On Nov 14, 2021
helinues:

I already know the answer? Why do we still have so many mumu in love if those people are practicing self love first ? You can't give what you don't have, remember
OK now I understand the angle you are coming from
Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by Tallesty1(m): 10:18am On Nov 14, 2021
Self love is selfishness
Re: Self Love Vs Loving Others: Which Should Come First? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
This is non negotiable. Loving oneself comes first. Every other thing is secondary. angry

(1) (Reply)

Confused With Marriage Choice / She Got Pregnant Twice For Two Different Men While And He Stood By Her / How I Was Rejected By A Crush, My Painful Experience!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.