Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,486 members, 7,826,838 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily (43228 Views)

Nigerian Lady Goes To Church With A Gun (Photos) / My Experience Inside A Beer Parlour In Lagos / Pastor Alph Lukau Resurrection Of A Dead Man: Funeral Parlour To Sue Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by GodIsBiafran: 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
did the bible say he did it in the beer parlour? Or is wine and beer thesame thing?

They are both alcohol. Don't be foolish.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by adamsmith914: 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

I will not call the name of my church for some reasons, but my church is that type that dosn't have a parmanent pastor.

So, we always have a new pastor almost every four or five years.

Recently, a new pastor was transfered to us, this my new pastor is very good when it comes to preaching the word of God, and things that helps in the development of a church.. infact, so many good things have been going 'on' in my church since his arrival.

But the problem is that, he is that kind of pastor with swag, He goes to beer parlour to drink, he can go to gathering to play draft, (imaging the kind of people u see in a beer parlour of draft gathering), and because of this things he does, some people (expecially other churches) use it against us the members..

People we be like, una pastor wey dey drink beer.. And we don't even know how we can deffend him or ourself when we are being attacked by these people..

We are currently loosing members on a daily basis, and i'm not happy with it.
That is a real man of God, Jesus Christ said, he that is without sin should cast the first stone, better the shawo than your babe doing harvest in the reverend’s bedroom, or it could be both, after the booze comes the
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by southpole: 4:39pm On Nov 14, 2021
Babalegba:
Wine is stronger than beer
Not all wines, some wines are non-alcoholic
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by generalwo(m): 4:39pm On Nov 14, 2021
The people who worship pastors are the one leaving your church....... If the man knows how to preach the word of God and in an undiluted manner , then he has done nothing wrong especially if he doesn't drink to stupor..... Have u thought about it that while drinking and playing draft with unbelievers, he can actually use it as an avenue to preach to them and turn them to christ? Alot of people don't think or see that.... They are only quick to see the fact thah a pastor is in a beer palour.....
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Okbaba: 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2021
In as much as it is not a sin for married couples to have s3x, it is immoral for them to have it in public. It is in this sense that I feel Romans 14:21 will not support the pastor's action.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by akeeng: 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2021
emorse:

Because many church goers are hypocrites. Can you hep me dig it out please?

"Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities" - 1 Timothy 5:23
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by tollyboy5(m): 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2021
judedwriter:
The bible says:

"flee from every appearance of evil"

Had Samson knew Delilah would be his downfall, he wouldn't got even an inch closer to her.

Pastors have no business drinking beer, because they are role models. Besides, alcoholics are often womanizers.
Proof that biblically
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Baawaa(m): 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
they have talk to him, but he keep doing it.. They told him to buy and take it to his house and not sitting and drinking in the beer parlour, but he prefer to drink it in the beer palour.
I get you, you are a Jehovah witness
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Ultimas: 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothing is basically wrong there; as long as he doesn't get drunk and start misbehaving.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

I will not call the name of my church for some reasons, but my church is that type that dosn't have a parmanent pastor.

Recently, a new pastor was transfered to us, this my new pastor is very good when it comes to preaching the word of God, and things that helps in the development of a church.. infact, so many good things have been going 'on' in my church since his arrival.

But the problem is that, he is that kind of pastor with swag, He goes to beer parlour to drink, he can go to gathering to play draft, (imaging the kind of people u see in a beer parlour of draft gathering), and because of this things he does, some people (expecially other churches) use it against us the members..

People we be like, una pastor wey dey drink beer.. And we don't even know how we can deffend him or ourself when we are being attacked by these people..

You have some funny idea that most people that go to church on Sundays are better than those you find in draft joints? I think you've not started the journey. By the way, those complaining about your pastor are the generation of the Pharisees who were complaining about Jesus.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by mastermaestro(m): 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
they have talk to him, but he keep doing it.. They told him to buy and take it to his house and not sitting and drinking in the beer parlour, but he prefer to drink it in the beer palour.

After reading your claim that the elders told him to buy and take it home for consumption, I conclude that only a gullible person would believe this concocted gist. Piss and shit! sad

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by azammi(m): 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2021
So your Rev stomach get problem every Bazaar
Davash222:
Brother Timothy advised us in the Bible to be taking small Wine cos of our stomach.

My Rev Father takes Stout during Church bazaars.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Nackzy: 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

you guys should report him to higher authority
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by tollyboy5(m): 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2021
southpole:
The bible wine is alcoholic ma
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by adeyemimuideen(m): 4:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
BCS the more the member,the more the offerings. Now that members are reducing, offerings must follow suit. In peace l land.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by udoh2k: 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
Proverbs 20:1
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
thorpido:
Going to sit in beer parlors and generally hanging in joints doesn't portray him in good light.He should know better as a pastor!

The church council should do their work.

The Pharisee council tried doing something about Jesus too. We all know how that ended.
The problem with Christianity is that people look for people they can remove the mote from their eyes, while they themselves are carrying huge beams about in theirs.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by judedwriter(m): 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
tollyboy5:

Proof that biblically

I am not a Bible encyclopedia grin

But from fact, most men that drink also womanize.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Shaev7(m): 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

The members that are leaving are the problems to themselves. The fact that he is a pastor doesn't not really restricts his entire life. I probably think there some of Jesus' life that the Holy Bible did not capture. My dear, leave those people that are forming too righteous, he (the pastor) is running the same race like you and I, just difference is some are called and ordained with that level of spirituality.
Naija, pretence no go kill us. Although, depends on the beer parlour him go, but let them not see that as his weakness. I hate pretence in the things of God.
There is a day of a month annually when I saw on twitter trends, "by your Rev Fr a Beer" my brother, if that one dy bother you, better think of better thing ooo
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by udoh2k: 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2021
I Timothy 3:3
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Timular: 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2021
Tallesty1:
The funny thing is that the members also drink one alcohol or the other.

But on a serious note, it is not okay for a preacher to do these things in the public. I think Paul addressed it somewhere in one of his epistles.
The Bible we read did not condemn alcoholic drinks, but condemn excessive consumption of alcohol.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by BarrElChapo(m): 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2021
Is beer a sin ?
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Shaev7(m): 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2021
Bola146:
grin grin grin grin he is preaching the word of God to people there grin grin you should pray for him. He is human, he wants to be happy cheesy cheesy or find him a job to keep him busy
I tire. They are humans like us. They our prayers too
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by ABIODUN105(m): 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2021
Radionigeria:
Abeg bible gurus in the house should help us with a bible verse to settle this case..

lalasticlala,
Leviticus 10:9-11 God commanded the priest(pastor) not to drink Alcohol so that they will not teach there congregation a wrong and false teaching
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by seanjy4konji: 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2021
Am sure some people dont know what 2 bottles of gold berg does for the soul after a long day...

Am planning to dress up now and go out for nice 2 bottle and catch some air...

I like him like that....Not pastor that has knacked every single girl in church codedly,be giving girls doggy after wednesday digging deep service....
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Sheggy13(m): 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
Tallesty1:
The funny thing is that the members also drink one alcohol or the other.

But on a serious note, it is not okay for a preacher to do these things in the public. I think Paul addressed it somewhere in one of his epistles.
Yea, that's Romans 14:21, from New King James Version:
"It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak."
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by olanewton01(m): 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2021
quote author=emorse post=107604613]
Tell them to show you where the Bible condemns drinking. Simple! [/quote]

God even encourage us to by whatever we like including alcohol with our tithe and rejoice in His presence with our households, widows, fatherless, strangers and Levites...Deut. 14 : 23-29. Don't mind the hypocrite pastors, they won't let you know this passage
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by TeeFriz: 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
(imaging the kind of people u see in a beer parlour of draft gathering)[/quote]

Shebi dem teach una make una no dey judge?

So which kind people o

Dem no say make you no drink.. It is don't drink way too much wey be say you no go fit control yourself!
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by illicit(m): 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Perhaps you should take the church to the beer parlour.

I know Jesus was in a beer parlour with sinners preaching the gospel to them, though not drinking beer as your pastor, so perhaps that's the area he needs to change.

But I don't anything wrong with a pastor going to the beer parlour where the sinners are, if he goes there to preach the Gospel as Jesus did.

God bless.

Jesus drank
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Sunnyb104(m): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2021
The Son of Man came eating and drinking [with others], and they say, ‘Look! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners [including non-observant Jews]!’ Yet wisdom is justified and vindicated by her deeds [in the lives of those who respond to Me.
Matthew 11:19.

If Christ was drinking juice, He would not be called a drunkard

1 Like

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by IkpuMmadu: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2021
southpole:
there is nothing like non alcoholic beverages wine.... A wine is a drink that is made of grapes that is fermented

Even Bible said that you should use your tithes to buy strong drink and high
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Vokians(m): 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
Radionigeria:
Abeg bible gurus in the house should help us with a bible verse to settle this case..

lalasticlala,
Proverbs 20:1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adeolu Adeboye Birthday: Pastor Adeboye, Wife Celebrate First Son (Photo) / Prophet Bomadi: Pray For Goodluck Jonathan, They Will Send Assassins To Kill Him / January 27th Keeps Ringing Bells In My Head – Prophet Emmanuel Omale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.