Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily (43208 Views)

Nigerian Lady Goes To Church With A Gun (Photos) / My Experience Inside A Beer Parlour In Lagos / Pastor Alph Lukau Resurrection Of A Dead Man: Funeral Parlour To Sue Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by jacoik(m): 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
temitope27:
U re losing members, abi u re losing money
lolxxxxx hahahaha members are money na
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Gcool2(m): 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
Radionigeria:
I don't think it is ok for a pastor to go to the beer parlour to drink.. You lead by example.
but he can drink right?
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by malikisunday(m): 4:16pm On Nov 14, 2021
He need to give his life to Christ first
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Lionnation: 4:16pm On Nov 14, 2021
Drinking alcohol is not bad being in the mist of sinners is being Christlike, and that makes your pastors a good follower of chief in other words a good Christian if I see such pastor I will adore him cos he not a pharesy like you people
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Gcool2(m): 4:17pm On Nov 14, 2021
Ikea81:

It's not what goes into a man that makes him unclean, rather what comes out....from your write up you said good things have been happening which means he is bearing good fruits. Allow him sip his alcohol, so he will not do bad things no more, so he will not go back the way his from, let nobody stress him....jojo
grin grin
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by mmsen: 4:17pm On Nov 14, 2021
Of all the things that I've seen/heard of pastors doing this is minor.

2 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by jyz200(m): 4:17pm On Nov 14, 2021
Let him enjoy his life abeg

2 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by aribisala0(m): 4:17pm On Nov 14, 2021
fof1:

ASK UR CONSCIENCE AND ANSWER IT URSELF...WHERE DID U READ IN D BIBLE, JESUS CHRIST OR HIS APOSTLES DRINKING BEER, ALCOHOLS OR ASSOCIATING WITH LICENTIOUS FELLOWS...PLS
Jesus was criticized for being

a "glutton and a drunkard"

The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.”

3 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Lionnation: 4:18pm On Nov 14, 2021
malikisunday:
He need to give his life to Christ first
see mumu,

1 Like

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by BestRicePlug28(f): 4:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Perhaps you should take the church to the beer parlour.

I know Jesus was in a beer parlour with sinners preaching the gospel to them, though not drinking beer as your pastor, so perhaps that's the area he needs to change.

But I don't anything wrong with a pastor going to the beer parlour where the sinners are, if he goes there to preach the Gospel as Jesus did.

God bless.
I love u for this, and don't forget the wedding at cannan. When Jesus turned water into wine and everyone drank to their fill. There is someone who God needs to change and God has sent him there to encounter that person, sometimes we do foolish things in the sight of people, but God permits it because he alone understands his assisnment. At least he doesn't pretend about it, what of other pastors that don't drink but the give female members Belle every week

2 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Depressed101: 4:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

I will not call the name of my church for some reasons, but my church is that type that dosn't have a parmanent pastor.

So, we always have a new pastor almost every four or five years.

Recently, a new pastor was transfered to us, this my new pastor is very good when it comes to preaching the word of God, and things that helps in the development of a church.. infact, so many good things have been going 'on' in my church since his arrival.

But the problem is that, he is that kind of pastor with swag, He goes to beer parlour to drink, he can go to gathering to play draft, (imaging the kind of people u see in a beer parlour of draft gathering), and because of this things he does, some people (expecially other churches) use it against us the members..

People we be like, una pastor wey dey drink beer.. And we don't even know how we can deffend him or ourself when we are being attacked by these people..

We are currently loosing members on a daily basis, and i'm not happy with it.

While it might not be wrong to take alcohol, but as a pastor and leader in the church he is supposed to show a level of discipline for the Bible says
Romans 14:21 - "It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to "to drink wine, nor anything whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak."

1 Corinthians 8:9
But take care that this right of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak.

Mark 9:42
“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea.

1 Corinthians 8:13
Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble.

This is not good, he should stop it

2 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
aribisala0:
Wine is stronger than beer ,At least double the strength
Apart from turning water into wine Jesus was criticized for hanging out with "sinners" .

One can reasonably deduce that if Jesus was around he would spend a lot of time in Beer parlours or week joints
Drinking alcohol is part of Judaism
and also part of what TITHE MONEY SHOULD BE SPENT ON
Deuteronomy 14:26
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Ofolete: 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
Changing church is not the Ultimate. Go to him and explain things to him. However make sure that all those who criticize him don't drink beer.

1 Like

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by dc23(m): 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
MY SIMPLE QUESTION IS... WHICH CHURCH MEMBER SAW HIM DRINKING IN BEER PARLOUR AND WHAT WERE THEY DOING THERE?

Anyways, nothing wrong with pastor drinking in a pub.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by timefarm(m): 4:22pm On Nov 14, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

So what should we do with this?
Out of all the things going on in this country,
Is this a topic to discuss on?
Abeg, make u and ur pastor getat!
He mentioned what is important to him, It doesnot have to be important to you and you ask him to get out?

Use your head.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by otokx(m): 4:22pm On Nov 14, 2021
Beer parlor gist.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by tollyboy5(m): 4:23pm On Nov 14, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Perhaps you should take the church to the beer parlour.

I know Jesus was in a beer parlour with sinners preaching the gospel to them, though not drinking beer as your pastor, so perhaps that's the area he needs to change.

But I don't anything wrong with a pastor going to the beer parlour where the sinners are, if he goes there to preach the Gospel as Jesus did.

God bless.
Jesus ate and drank with sinners .
Jesus drank wine several times in the bible over sabi pple
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by judedwriter(m): 4:25pm On Nov 14, 2021
The bible says:

"flee from every appearance of evil"

Had Samson knew Delilah would be his downfall, he wouldn't got even an inch closer to her.

Pastors have no business drinking beer, because they are role models. Besides, alcoholics are often womanizers.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Gee64: 4:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
What example?
Hypocrisy?

The Pastor has the right to drink moderately anywhere even in the marketplace.

Alcohol mentally stimulates the brain and sometimes inspires one to be more courageous to preach the gospel to the lost sheep.
Listen, Jesus was seen amongst Sinners because according to him, it was because of them he came. Not for 'those who are well'

The Pastor simply has a game plan to win souls at the beer palour.

The Church is simply full of hypocrites who make up the present generation of wicked Nigerians.
Radionigeria:
I don't think it is ok for a pastor to go to the beer parlour to drink.. You lead by example.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Patriotic9ja(m): 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2021
emorse:
Can you hep me dig it out please?

Corinthians 8:1-13.

Many things are not sin or wrong for the knowledgeable. But for the sake of weak Christians and the position occupied by the Pastor or anyone else....... you just have to let go of some behaviors, acts, or habits.....
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by malvisguy212: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

I will not call the name of my church for some reasons, but my church is that type that dosn't have a parmanent pastor.

Recently, a new pastor was transfered to us, this my new pastor is very good when it comes to preaching the word of God, and things that helps in the development of a church.. infact, so many good things have been going 'on' in my church since his arrival.

But the problem is that, he is that kind of pastor with swag, He goes to beer parlour to drink, he can go to gathering to play draft, (imaging the kind of people u see in a beer parlour of draft gathering), and because of this things he does, some people (expecially other churches) use it against us the members..

People we be like, una pastor wey dey drink beer.. And we don't even know how we can deffend him or ourself when we are being attacked by these people..

Catholic church
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by NwaIgboBoy(m): 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
Your pastor, his drink, una members ............. so waiting come concern peace loving people of Nairalanders for this matter ? undecided
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
temitope27:
U re losing members, abi u re losing money

You beat me to this
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Almunjid(m): 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

Being a good pastor is not by knowing how to preach more than other pastors. It's by "living by the word of God". It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God' (Matthew 4:4).
Ur pastor is a good example of "do as I say, don't do as I do. He's not a role model. Not all role models are pastors, but all pastors should/must be role models.

Shalom!
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by alfred007(m): 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2021
What impact is he having on this so called people he associate with? Jesus went to the house of a tax collector

Happy Sunday
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

The reason why taking alcohol is bad is not because if alcohol in itself, but because what it might make us do.

You actually didn't state whether he goes there to drink alcohol. It could be any other drink. And for the draft, there is nothing wrong in that. Honestly nothing.

I like him from here to be honest.

1 Like

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by AngelicBeing: 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
Tallesty1:
That's what the whole Romans chapter 14 is about but he was more specific in verse 21.

He called on Christians to consider the weakness of others before pursuing their own enjoyment.

21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
Gbam, end of thread, next news jare cheesy
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Akwaibom1stlady(f): 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
iPhone 12 pro max is not used for up to 1 month. Very clean with pack and accessories.... BH 100...everything new

The iPhone 11 pro max 256 and 64g are US used .. BH is 89, 90 respectively.... Very clean with no stretch at all....clean as new

Prices 12pro max 256
Colour: Graphite
Price 610k

11promax 64g
Colour: White
Price: 360k

11 pro max 256g
Colour:Mint Green
Price: 410k
Comes with pack and accessories

Mac book pro 2017
128gb Ssd 8gdram
Price 400k
With box and pack and everything
As new

MacBook Air 2017
512ssd 8gb ram
With charger A

Call:0.7.03036.39.8.6

More product incoming.....

Check online and every way....this is the cheapest you can get!.... All Phones are America. You can check the model number to confirm....
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Kinzo0917(m): 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
Davash222:
Brother Timothy advised us in the Bible to be taking small Wine cos of our stomach.

My Rev Father takes Stout during Church bazaars.
. You funny sha. U guys always find way to crack people up

1 Like

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by GodIsBiafran: 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2021
Foolish Christians, they easily forget that even Jesus drank alcohol. Foolish people.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Ayo081(m): 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2021
To all those in support of the Man and also going to the extent of quoting scriptures: I have a question.

-- Would the Pastor fail to function properly if he doesn't drink?

1 Like

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by GodIsBiafran: 4:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
thorpido:
Going to sit in beer parlors and generally hanging in joints doesn't portray him in good light.He should know better as a pastor!The church council should do their work.

Didn't your Jesus hang out with tax collectors, thiefs and prostitutes? Keep fooling yasef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents / Chelsea Jersey Is A Free Ticket To Hell / Prophet Bomadi: Pray For Goodluck Jonathan, They Will Send Assassins To Kill Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.