Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

USB Flash Drives In Nigeria - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / USB Flash Drives In Nigeria (8327 Views)

A must read for your computer safety! Stop Sharing Usb Flash Drives / Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now / Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by Obeto(m): 5:26pm On Sep 14, 2006
I have been looking forward to this day. I agreed with the guy that said all USBs (local) are crap. I bought 2 USB flash drives in a space of one week because of a particular problem. If I store my files, I can't open them again. Expecially with .exe files. Somebody borrowed my Fash 4 a backup only to be disappointed.He couldn't retrieve the files again. If u open some folders, they will be empty. But u can't delete them. The system will prompt you that "the Folder you are trying to delete is not empty", it will stop there. It's been so frustrating. I'm beginin to think we've start manufacturing Flash drives in Nigeria. Sorry to say "THAT'S THE END OF FLASH". LET'S WAIT 4 THE NEXT TECHNOLOGY.
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by Davewill(m): 2:47am On Jan 10, 2007
Hi i bought a flash drive but i think something is wrong with it, it just doesn't want to work i don't know what is wrong with it because i tried putting some files and folders into it but not everything entered into it. It is a Sony 1GB so if you can tell me what to do i will be very Greatfull.  wink
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by marhoatumu(m): 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2007
i'm having a rather unique problem with my flash drive. the name is "My Flash" and i've been using it for about 5 months when suddenly it started telling me it was write protected whenever i plug it into any system. i cant copy into it, whats currently on it is trapped and i cant even format or peform any disk utilities on it. even the cd that came with it doesnt work. can anyone help me out.
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by hayprof(m): 9:46pm On Jan 11, 2007
i'm having a rather unique problem with my flash drive. the name is "My Flash" and i've been using it for about 5 months when suddenly it started telling me it was write protected whenever i plug it into any system. i can't copy into it, whats currently on it is trapped and i can't even format or peform any disk utilities on it. even the cd that came with it doesnt work. can anyone help me out.

-Simple! Its Expired, shocked wink
-Get a Better Make.
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:28pm On Jan 11, 2007
a better name doesn't make any difference cause majority of the disks in nigeria is crap. i bought a new hard disk its less than 8months it failed totally no recovery
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by nazzyon(m): 10:40pm On Jan 11, 2007
Naija scare me o!
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by Bizl4Rizl(m): 2:27am On Jan 15, 2007
I just got a 1GB flash drive by Kingston for 6k {think i was ripped off, though}. Seems & looks reliable though. Let's wait & see!

Check out www.kingston.com

Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by hayprof(m): 7:13am On Jan 15, 2007
a better name doesn't make any difference cause majority of the disks in nigeria is crap
-Did u read my post wella?
-I said A beta make[not name] If u shine ur eyes u shuld get a beta make shocked
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:43am On Jan 15, 2007
when i said name i meant brand name which is the same as make. so ahmed a different brand name or make as you would call it doesn't matter cause they are mostly fake. take the example of my hard disk, its a seagate its the best and yet when i bought it, it didn't last 8months while the maxtor people know as inferior is still working.
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by hayprof(m): 9:52pm On Jan 15, 2007
adewaleafolabi:

when i said name i meant brand name which is the same as make. so ahmed a different brand name or make as you would call it doesn't matter cause they are mostly fake.

I said "Get A Beta Make" Only if he will see One
@Adawale : No long Story. wink
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by Falciparum(m): 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2007
Marhowhats Good i was excited when i saw ur name in this forum. Incase u are wondering who this is check ma profile. I have the same problem with one of my flash drives but the with a difference i can copy all what is in it but i cant add anything to it and also i cant format it. everyone tells me its gone. it wasnt purchased in this country also.
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by marhoatumu(m): 4:42pm On Jan 22, 2007
bingo!! how far ? how did you find out about this place. i'm pretty new here. concerning flash drives , i think i will switch to mp3 players. it seems they last longer than flash drives
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by hayprof(m): 12:44am On Jan 23, 2007
marhoatumu:

i think i will switch to mp3 players. it seems they last longer than flash drives

They all perform the same Function -store data So there is nothing stopping mp3 players too frm corrupting jst like Flash Drives wink
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:24pm On Jan 23, 2007
This may sound a little strange. someone brought a flash disk(my prayer answered) to my place and i inserted and did a virus scan it brought no virus so them i opened it and no file i tried formatting it gave error. Then decided to boot into linux and tried the flash and it worked i opened the files on it the excel and it worked so i removed the files since i didn't need them. so those of you who can't format try my method
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by DoubleN(m): 10:47pm On Jan 23, 2007
adewaleafolabi, i myself im totally horrified when it comes to the perfomance of these so called "flash drives."I've used over 6 diff types in the last year and half. I think something should be done to stop the infiltration of such rubbish into our computer market. As for where to get originals,i think its better if u have someone abroad send u a branded product like dell or hp wink
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by Falciparum(m): 3:37pm On Jan 27, 2007
MArho i knew here thru a friend. Mp3s are okay but also be careful i just got one and the buttons are falling apart its working very well but the buttons are messing me up terribly.
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by wazobia1: 3:03pm On Apr 05, 2008
Good posts and questions on Flash drives i myself had had similar problems with all the inferior flash drives i've bought in Lagos. How ever one of my good friends introduced me to the sandisk 512MB (N5,000) and the Micro center 1GB (N7,000) i have been using them now for over 7 months and have not had any issues with them. The distributors are in Lagos thier name is Summit Ent. Nig Ltd. Call Kester @ 0803-323-9423 The is the regional manager that distributes original flash drives. Summit is the major distributors and advertise in most of the universities in lagos. They also offer warranty.

I have not bought 256MB (Memorex) but my frined says his own has been very reliable.
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by tunscolo(m): 3:38pm On Apr 14, 2008
My guys, Bleep flash drives. Why not check out the new U3 smaart drives. Men that's the latest thing happening to flash drives. U carry ur digital life along anywhere u go.
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by Ezigbonne2: 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2010
The problem is that you're trying to just put everything into the flash drive. You need to create folders within the flash drive and then put the documents, files, etc inside them. Flash drives are meant for compartmentalization.
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by FindOut(m): 9:44am On Dec 24, 2010
Hmm,pretty old thread.reminds me of those days when I used to wonder just how 'large' a 512MB flash drive was.lol.
For yor genuine XPORTER USB flash drives manufactured by Patriot memory (US), for sale at very reasonable prices, pls visit this threas
http://nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-560557.0.html
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by webcash(m): 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2011
Latest arrival is sandisk flash drive, 4GB. You can guard your private documents with a secure access software. I am selling for nothing less than N3000. But if you are buying bulk, we can talk more on the price.

Please note that I can get other models with higher capacity but it depends on what you want. kingstone and sandisk are very good products in this business of storage devices.

Contact me on

Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by femi4: 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2011
Quality flash no doubt, but that price is quite expensive. It is sold for #1,500 at most #1,800 in computer village.
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by Zjohn(m): 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2012
For anyone interested in the business of genuine supply of flash drives should contact me so we can do business, and with my offer you can supply your area with quality flash drives and still make your money from it. You can reach me on: zjohn4real@yahoo.com
Re: USB Flash Drives In Nigeria by Kayapple: 9:23am On Jun 15, 2012
Here is kay from mx group in china.
we can supply mady different types usb storage,
and even kingston 8G usb only usd5.
Anyone have that need ,please feel free to email :mxxiamen@yahoo.com
Thanks
Kay

(1) (2) (Reply)

Own The Old Mtn Fastlink Modem (the Zte Mf626) But Need Windows 7 Drivers? / Starcomms Vs Multilinks: Which Is Better For Internet Access? / Pls Anybody Knows Microsoft Office In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.