Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,333 members, 7,829,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? (14149 Views)

Switching From Chemistry To Chemical Engineering / Petrol Station Manager Dies In An Underground Tank In Delta State / How Much Can A Petrol Station Manager Earn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Candidlady: 5:20pm On Nov 15, 2021
Sonnobax15:

Na who accept me during the time of my predicament I go respect pass for this life angry

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by larrybabanla(m): 5:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
Oxtertee:
My simple advice is that you should return to a job that has prospect, which is the ethanol factory. I have worked as a fuel station supervisor before, na case dey end filling station work.
including shortage
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by dahmie2013: 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
The ethanol company is okay, however, the stability is questionable. Please pray about it.

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Carparts888(m): 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
CHOOSE THE ONE WITH BETTER JOB SECURITY
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Godful: 5:40pm On Nov 15, 2021
Run ooo! Don't go back because if you do, they will still sack you. Manage what you have while searching for a better alternative. Shalom ❣️
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Akharmony: 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2021
Baba carry pen and paper and check the odds.
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Christistruth00: 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2021
If you remain a Petrol Station Manager you may be able to make enough Contacts in the industry and experience to have your own Chain of Petrol Stations or Petrol Tankers in the Future

Pray to God for direction
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by PrinceDave001(m): 6:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
[quote author=ugabamuzu post=107646397]If you want to grow in your field then take the chemical engineering job

If you want to make more money especially by crooking and not grow professionally then take the gas station job

If you are marriageable and willing to have a career lady for a wife go for the chemical engineering job

But if you want to have girls to bang everyday without even spending money then be the gas station manager

The two jobs are ok depends what you want to achieve..
The later is even very lucrative especially now that fuel will soon sell for 345/ltr

If you eventually settle for the engineering job and then you find a lady to settle down with. Pls pls and pls monitor or clone her WhatsApp at least twice before saying "I do".
DM and I will hook you up..
Thank you too[/quote
You clone WhatsApp?
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Jonasbadoo(m): 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ff

2 Likes

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by OmoEpe(m): 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
ignis:
Na where una dey see all these jobs abeg?

People that love their land always eat it's good whereas people that dispises it and curse their leaders daily always get shut out of the good of the land.
It is a spiritual principle that can't be changed

Change your attitude to your country Nigeria and see how you will begin to prosper in it

These whose sight are fixed on the sun never see the shadows. You will always pocess the things you fix your gaze on either negative or positive

QED
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by tuboi: 6:28pm On Nov 15, 2021
As you Dey ask for advice, still drop connect for the job wey you leave at the end….My advice: go for the ethanol job and give me connect make I Dey manage d filling station job….

NB:Fellow Nairalanders, if you sabi get jobs, teach ppl like us wey get qualifications but no sabi
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by aikyg(m): 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
Don't even think twice. Take the Chemical Engineering job. 90k is too small to abandon your career over. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by osazsky(m): 6:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
Bankyshinani:
I am a graduate of chemical engineering. I have some years experience as a chemical engineer in ethanol refining process and as well the beverage industry. So,I was sacked by the ethanol refinery due to something I know nothing about and I am presently working as a petrol station manager which I worked 2-days on and 2days off shift and earning a salary of 90k. Now ,the ethanol refinery just called me that they still need my service and the work routine is 2days morning,2days night and 2days off... I am to make the decision between now and monday....
That's why I need urgent advice from wiser and more enlightened people on this platform....
Please,I need a fast response because i don't want to make a decision that I will later regret
how much is the chemical job and are the chemicals harmfull to your health in d future
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 6:53pm On Nov 15, 2021
osazsky:
how much is the chemical job and are the chemicals harmfull to your health in d future
90k.... The chemical is not harmful
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 6:56pm On Nov 15, 2021
Powersurge:

Filling station mananger (though you fit dey see money there) does not constitutes a tangible career path. By the way, have they acknowledged that they were wrong for sacking you and ready to pay damages? How much is your salary in this ethanol company?
No,they never acknowledged that... The salary is 90k
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by osazsky(m): 7:01pm On Nov 15, 2021
Bankyshinani:

90k.... The chemical is not harmful
for career purpose go for the chemical job..then pls check for job security.what if same senerio plays ..and u are sacked again for something you know nothing off...then is there a contributory pension schem on the job..i feel the chemical job has more prospect any idiot can manage a filling station and anything can happen...pls go for the chemical job..but before then there should be an undertaking on job security so that you dont end up losing both.since they know your worth you should detect for them...you can stylishly ask for a slight pay rise not madatory on thier part but on recommended basis
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 15, 2021
[quote author=PrinceDave001 post=107649095][/quote]

As a matter of fact in 45mins
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Powersurge: 7:29pm On Nov 15, 2021
Bankyshinani:

No,they never acknowledged that... The salary is 90k

Does this place, the enthanol company allow you to grow career wise? How has there salary increase been. Is there prospect for upward mobility? Etc.

I know say una dey see money well well for filling station. If you canbe sure of saving some reasonable money within two years in filling station, pls stay there. But if it's just another survival mechanism, go and endure the ethanol company.
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Oxtertee(m): 7:55pm On Nov 15, 2021
larrybabanla:
including shortage
You are right. All those dubious pump attendant will put you for gbèsè if the manager is not vigilant.

That was how a pump attendant in a filling station here in ijebu òde sold some engine oil and pour water in the drum to deceive the station manager.

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by ignis: 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2021
OmoEpe:

People that love their land always eat it's good whereas people that dispises it and curse their leaders daily always get shut out of the good of the land.
It is a spiritual principle that can't be changed

Change your attitude to your country Nigeria and see how you will begin to prosper in it

These whose sight are fixed on the sun never see the shadows. You will always pocess the things you fix your gaze on either negative or positive

QED

Gerrout.... Over sabi sabi motivational speaker

Na your type dey poor like church rat.
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by micflo28(m): 8:53pm On Nov 15, 2021
Go and start your own company… e get why
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by emanobis(m): 9:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
Except you are in a hurry or would I say make-it-quick' ideology, bt if nt then go back to the refinery.
Nothing is so fulfilling than pursuing once career. There's joy in it, nt jst d money bt I bet you with your years of experience in Ur career path, you'll soar high when u least expected it.

Success bro
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by creepsyme(f): 9:43pm On Nov 15, 2021
Bankyshinani:
I am a graduate of chemical engineering. I have some years experience as a chemical engineer in ethanol refining process and as well the beverage industry. So,I was sacked by the ethanol refinery due to something I know nothing about and I am presently working as a petrol station manager which I worked 2-days on and 2days off shift and earning a salary of 90k. Now ,the ethanol refinery just called me that they still need my service and the work routine is 2days morning,2days night and 2days off... I am to make the decision between now and monday....
That's why I need urgent advice from wiser and more enlightened people on this platform....
Please,I need a fast response because i don't want to make a decision that I will later regret
You didn't mention the salaries of both jobs and their benefits.
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by BullyBullies: 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2021
ugabamuzu:
If you want to grow in your field then take the chemical engineering job

If you want to make more money especially by crooking and not grow professionally then take the gas station job

If you are marriageable and willing to have a career lady for a wife go for the chemical engineering job

But if you want to have girls to bang everyday without even spending money then be the gas station manager

The later is even very lucrative especially now that fuel will soon sell for 345/ltr

If you eventually settle for the engineering job and then you find a lady to settle down with. Pls pls and pls monitor or clone her WhatsApp at least twice before saying "I do".
Thank you too

I hail o! How can you put me on with this WhatsApp cloning?
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
BullyBullies:

I hail o! How can you put me on with this WhatsApp cloning?

I am a DM away sir
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by APOSTLEIYKE(m): 10:56pm On Nov 15, 2021
Oxtertee:
My simple advice is that you should return to a job that has prospect, which is the ethanol factory. I have worked as a fuel station supervisor before, na case dey end filling station work.
No be small case my brother, accusations and counter accusations full ground yakpaaaa. E no izi atol.
May God help me to end well.
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:20pm On Nov 15, 2021
creepsyme:

You didn't mention the salaries of both jobs and their benefits.
The salary of the filling station is 90k with a pension scheme,1 month leave with allowance,13th month salary......
The ethanol pays 90k with overtime can take it to like 130k, there's is pension scheme, HMO, 1month leave with allowance buh you will be allowed to go for 2weeks and sell the remaining 2weeks,13th month salary....Just that the environment is very toxic and there's no job security at all,the work pressure is so high, there's is yearly salary increment
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
ugabamuzu:
If you want to grow in your field then take the chemical engineering job

Thank you too
Lol
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
swaqq:
Can’t you do both jobs
No I can't
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:28pm On Nov 15, 2021

How much are you gonna get paid in the ethanol company??
90k plus overtime will take to like 130k
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
Powersurge:

Filling station mananger (though you fit dey see money there) does not constitutes a tangible career path. By the way, have they acknowledged that they were wrong for sacking you and ready to pay damages? How much is your salary in this ethanol company?
The salary is 90k plus overtime will take it to like 130k.... My oga, Lebanese no dey acknowledged that they are wrong o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Minimum Height Does An Individual Need Before Joining The Nigerian Army / Drug Test In Nigeria / Things To Do At The Start Of Every Work Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.