Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? (14147 Views)

Switching From Chemistry To Chemical Engineering / Petrol Station Manager Dies In An Underground Tank In Delta State / How Much Can A Petrol Station Manager Earn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
Bakbillz44:
But u no talk how much dem dey pay for the ethanol refinery now... How you want make I come advise you
Sorry about that ...90k plus overtime will take it to like 130k
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
DoctorDree:
Lol
Unless the salary of the ethanol company is stated you can’t be advised
90k plus overtime=130k
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
wallrichy:
Even though both are chemicals....please go for chemical engineering job and remain at peace for now....Buhari never commot subsidy, so no tipping for fuel station for now....
I am scared of going back cos it is a Lebanese company
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:
U didn't state your salary at their other company,
U were sacked for something u knew nothing about and now they are calling u back. U gat to man up,
90k +overtime=130k
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:37pm On Nov 15, 2021
MONEY247:
E good to go school....ooo
Never finished schooling though....

I am not experienced in any of the above but....
Go for the one that is less stressful and you have passion for...

Do what you love doing
I love chemical engineering with all my heart.. so I don't want to go far away from the practice buh the company is toxic and it is a Lebanese company
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:38pm On Nov 15, 2021
NaranyD:
How much is the ethanol job
90k +overtime to make 130k
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:40pm On Nov 15, 2021
Neyopumpy:
For your career advancement, go back to the ethanol company but if it's for the instant monetary reason, stay put as a station manager.
I have been in the same shoe like you before as a chemical engineer and I regret not advancing further in my field.
Can you give me your whatapp number...so chat privately
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:41pm On Nov 15, 2021
Equiano:
What's that pay of they are offering you now? Hope they will acknowledge you werer wrongly sacked
Lebanese no dey acknowledged their wrong doings o
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:44pm On Nov 15, 2021
louken:
How much was the company paying you? Find out why exactly they want you back.
It's possible that your absence created a vacuum of expertise and they want you to come back and train up somebody before they can finally boot you out.
If they are calling you back because they have realized you were innocent, I will suggest you go back. Else, please stay put at your filling station and keep on looking out for better opportunities
I believe they need a strong hand to run their plant.... that's why I am being called upon
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:47pm On Nov 15, 2021
bennybaba:
Unikem
Yes.... You know them?
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
kaymart:

Don't mind him..
Created thread and vamoose...
Ppl are asking him questions...he just went off... mtschew...
Use Ur brain to decide by urself and secondly, why are there so many unnecessary threads these days?
Oga I did not vamoose.... Are you expecting me to book a bedspace here and sleep.... Oga I need to do other things too

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2021
dahmie2013:
The ethanol company is okay, however, the stability is questionable. Please pray about it.
Yes I will
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
[quote author=PrinceDave001 post=107649095][/quote]
I am married
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:54pm On Nov 15, 2021
aikyg:
Don't even think twice. Take the Chemical Engineering job. 90k is too small to abandon your career over. Good luck!
Buh no job security
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:56pm On Nov 15, 2021
Powersurge:

Does this place, the enthanol company allow you to grow career wise? How has there salary increase been. Is there prospect for upward mobility? Etc.

I know say una dey see money well well for filling station. If you canbe sure of saving some reasonable money within two years in filling station, pls stay there. But if it's just another survival mechanism, go and endure the ethanol company.
No growth in the company.... What most people do is to get the experience and move to grow elsewhere cos you will learn on the job the hard way
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:57pm On Nov 15, 2021
emanobis:
Except you are in a hurry or would I say make-it-quick' ideology, bt if nt then go back to the refinery.
Nothing is so fulfilling than pursuing once career. There's joy in it, nt jst d money bt I bet you with your years of experience in Ur career path, you'll soar high when u least expected it.

Success bro
Thanks man
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by OmoEpe(m): 12:22am On Nov 16, 2021
ignis:

Gerrout.... Over sabi sabi motivational speaker

Na your type dey poor like church rat.

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by emmanuelbrown26: 5:51am On Nov 16, 2021
Bankyshinani:

90k +overtime=130k
Lebanese company kwa?
Bia this is very very dicey, bcs working for lebanese Chinese and Indians companies requires a lot, mental and physical strength.
Check the security of the two jobs

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Ododoeye0020(m): 7:28am On Nov 16, 2021
Why did they sack you in the first place at the ethanol refinery plant? Have they discovered you did nothing wrong and apologise?. Can they guarantee that they will not wake up one day and sack you again with another frivolous reason?. If they can answer the above question to your satisfaction go back, if they can't I will advise you not to go back there. If you still dream of a career in the chemical industry you can look for job elsewhere while you're still working as petrol station manager. You can use your days off to hustle fit another job in the chemical industry. This is my submission

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 8:02am On Nov 16, 2021
creepsyme:

You didn't mention the salaries of both jobs and their benefits.
90k+overtime to like 130k
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 8:02am On Nov 16, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

Lebanese company kwa?
Bia this is very very dicey, bcs working for lebanese Chinese and Indians companies requires a lot, mental and physical strength.
Check the security of the two jobs
Yes you are right
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by emmanuelbrown26: 10:05am On Nov 16, 2021
Bankyshinani:

Yes you are right
Ogbeni, nothing sweet pass peace of mind ohhhh, never u jeopardise your joy, happiness and peace to any thing, including wife.
Best u can do is to use your spare time and find any side hustle to add, since u are the manager
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Oxtertee(m): 10:53am On Nov 16, 2021
APOSTLEIYKE:

No be small case my brother, accusations and counter accusations full ground yakpaaaa. E no izi atol.
May God help me to end well.

Amen �.
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:09am On Nov 16, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

Ogbeni, nothing sweet pass peace of mind ohhhh, never u jeopardise your joy, happiness and peace to any thing, including wife.
Best u can do is to use your spare time and find any side hustle to add, since u are the manager
Thanks baba
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 11:10am On Nov 16, 2021
Ododoeye0020:
Why did they sack you in the first place at the ethanol refinery plant? Have they discovered you did nothing wrong and apologise?. Can they guarantee that they will not wake up one day and sack you again with another frivolous reason?. If they can answer the above question to your satisfaction go back, if they can't I will advise you not to go back there. If you still dream of a career in the chemical industry you can look for job elsewhere while you're still working as petrol station manager. You can use your days off to hustle fit another job in the chemical industry. This is my submission
Thanks
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by creepsyme(f): 7:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
Bankyshinani:

The salary of the filling station is 90k with a pension scheme,1 month leave with allowance,13th month salary......
The ethanol pays 90k with overtime can take it to like 130k, there's is pension scheme, HMO, 1month leave with allowance buh you will be allowed to go for 2weeks and sell the remaining 2weeks,13th month salary....Just that the environment is very toxic and there's no job security at all,the work pressure is so high, there's is yearly salary increment

Considering the toxic environment and job insecurity, I will strongly advice you go for the filling station job, add both jobs to your next CV I am not in doubt you will clique a more juicy job in the nearest future.
All the best!
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
creepsyme:

Considering the toxic environment and job insecurity, I will strongly advice you go for the filling station job, add both jobs to your next CV I am not in doubt you will clique a more juicy job in the nearest future.
All the best!
Thanks
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by creepsyme(f): 8:20pm On Nov 16, 2021
Bankyshinani:

Thanks
Welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suspended From Work Via Phone Call / How Much Does An Estate Surveyor And Valuers Earn Per Month In Nigeria / What Minimum Height Does An Individual Need Before Joining The Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.