Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? (2446 Views)

Just Curious>>>>>>who Comes First In A Man's Life? / What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. / Money Or Love: Which Is More Important In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by mindworx: 9:50am On Jul 26, 2007
Dear Nairalanders,

I wanna ask a question. In this our age bracket (24-34), there are some battles we face and it goes a long way to determine our heights in life. One issue is to stick to a promising relationship dat will lead to marriage, another issue is to get financial freedom, trying to break even, getting ur feet firm in finances. Please, which one will you place first? Can the two go side-by-side without affecting each other? Say something.
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by Mandora(f): 11:08am On Jul 26, 2007
Nothing stops u 4rm getting both realising dat both of dem can n shld b independent areas of ur life. Make no mistake abt it, u'll b d world's greatest fool if u pursued marriage without some sort financial independence so dat u do not constitute urself a nuisance by having 2 wait 4 ur husband 2 do everything 4 u. U shldn't also see dis marriage thing as a do or die affair. If d guy u r presently wit is not going 2 encourage u 2 b 2 some extent financially independent may b u shld let it cool off 4 a while because, he'd b d 1st person 2 call u a lazy woman in d future when u r 100% depenedent. Some better person shld come. Besides d hard economic situation does not encourage anyone 2 sit at home. It might not b such a fancy job, but u need some kind of fancy income
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by olanajim(m): 12:38pm On Jul 26, 2007
Marriage without money spells MARITAL CRISIS and INSTABILITY. Regardless of what we think, money is very, very important. I am not talking of marriage ceremony, but the marriage institution itself. Most of the conflicts in marriage resulted from money matters. Therefore the two must go ahand in hand. Couples must endeavour to have a solid plan for money as they head toward marriage. The problem with most of our youths in that age bracket is that they want to have everything before proceeding on marriage. There must be minimum that would serve as foundation upon which future acquisition of money can be build. You can't have it all. People who suceeded in amasing large carche of money during the period without a trusted partner, often have to struggle to get a GOOD wife as a result of too many candidates, most of who are just after the money.

I think it is wise for couple to let the two go together. Marriage without money, or at least a WORKABLE PLAN for money is like building a house on the sand. When the storm of life become too harsh, the occupants would vacate the house before they are swept away by elements of fate.
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by Chiori(m): 5:17am On Jul 27, 2007
No need to talk much. Money comes first.
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by LadyGodiva(f): 5:46am On Jul 27, 2007
if they have no money, where will they live?
what will they eat?
what money will they spend on dates?

it's tough but it's just reality that money comes first
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by Memi(f): 5:51am On Jul 18, 2008
Money, love don't pay no bills
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by Gabry(f): 5:54am On Jul 18, 2008
Marriage comes first cause you can't buy love and as for money. . . You can make money anytime of the day as money comes and goes. But husband dont comes and goes (well, for some people husband dont comes and goes as often as money comes and goes). So there! yeap I've said it.
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by AnthonyKil(m): 6:39am On Jul 18, 2008
BABYYYYYYYYYY I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE cry undecided lipsrsealed embarassed shocked sad
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by Memi(f): 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2008
I don't discount marriage at all it is very important, but when there is no food in your house, no lights, no gas in your car , I've been on the side of the fence where the man had no money and no job, the love quickly dwindled because I was taking care of me and him, It gets a little tiring , I'm not not a gold digger you want me to stick around you need to have some money and I don't care if you work at McDonalds or work in a big corporation , you need something in the pockets "I can do bad all by myself"
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by beauteous(f): 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2008
Memi:

Money, love don't pay no bills
seconded!thirded!!

Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2008
Memi:

I don't discount marriage at all it is very important, but when there is no food in your house, no lights, no gas in your car , I've been on the side of the fence where the man had no money and no job, the love quickly dwindled because I was taking care of me and him, It gets a little tiring , I'm not not a gold digger you want me to stick around you need to have some money and I don't care if you work at McDonalds or work in a big corporation , you need something in the pockets "I can do bad all by myself"
agreed smiley
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by olise08(m): 3:31pm On Jul 18, 2008
yea, Money is First in my list, get that and u get all easily
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by jkpretty(f): 3:34pm On Jul 18, 2008
Owooooooooooooooooo, Egooooooooooooooooooooooo, Kudiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, Pepperrrrrrrrr. Before wink wink
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by rubi(f): 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2008
Memi:

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by LadyJ1: 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2008
money first
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by PERO79(m): 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2008
Money first,before marriage,
marriage can never be stable where dr is no comfort
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by Gamine(f): 9:00pm On Jul 19, 2008
@Topic

I didnt know Money or Marriage was a living thing

Now i know, thanks.

To the question posed, Who comes first.

There cannot be Marriage without Money,
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by Cayon(f): 10:05pm On Jul 19, 2008
Marriage because back in the days it was all about Bartering
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by dreeldee: 11:14pm On Jul 19, 2008
No money no Marriage cool
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by CH3COO(m): 11:20pm On Jul 19, 2008
marriage before money. let's see if she can weather the storm of poverty. friend in need, friend indeed.
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by onyinye2(f): 11:41pm On Jul 19, 2008
Money comes first. i want us both to be finiacially stable before we start our lives together.
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by CH3COO(m): 12:01am On Jul 20, 2008
onyinye2:

Money comes first. i want us both to be finiacially stable before we start our lives together.
lipsrsealed
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 20, 2008
Money, duh!

Why put my kids or myself through poverty?

As jenny always say "who wan suffer?"
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 20, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Money, duh!

lol the guy does not have to be stinking rich, just be financially stable, don't want to reek of povety
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by HCH3COO: 12:49am On Jul 20, 2008
Forgot to mention " grin" @ "Who" .
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 20, 2008
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by brownbonno(m): 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2008
Marriage first.
We always work to earn a living,pay the bills etc.Except in a jobless society where people want quick money(by hook or crook) for them to earn a living.
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by iice(f): 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2008
Neither! A well rounded individual first (can't be dealing with wishy washy people who have no bloody clue)
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by LadyJ1: 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Money, duh!

u can say dat again,my love cool
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2008
iice:

Neither! A well rounded individual first (can't be dealing with wishy washy people who have no bloody clue)

you speak for me too.
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by unigue(f): 10:38pm On Jul 20, 2008
so what happens if there is no money again, mennnn y re pple inlove with money this much, oleeeeee ni gbogbo yin,
Re: Who Comes First, Money Or Marriage ? by LadyJ1: 10:42pm On Jul 20, 2008
unigue:

so what happens if there is no money again, mennnn y re people inlove with money this much,      oleeeeee ni gbogbo yin,

that is why both parties should work,if one person falls down ,d other person will help in d lifting up,until they can both stand on their feets again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Caution: Pretty Girls Crossing / Serious Matured Confidential Straight Foward Advise Needed. / Where/how Did You Meet Your Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.