Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! (27879 Views)

My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by basketbrain(m): 10:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
I experienced this for the first time this year & it wasn’t funny. I traveled to Asaba for my birthday & had lots of booze, & women. I returned back to Benin 3 days after tired & needed the rest. I dropped my phone at exactly 12am & I slept about 15mins after. I started feeling a presence in the room & a bright light in my eyes. Omo the hardest part was I felt someone trying to hit me with wood & I couldn’t move an inch as much as I tried. I finally was able to move & headed straight to the entrance door to my utmost surprise it was closed but not bolted. I locked the door from inside & couldn’t find sleep again till dawn. The next morning was a Sunday omo I Jakpa go church after many years.

18 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Mide1data: 10:37pm On Dec 03, 2021
HOLY SHIT

To stop experiencing it, make sure you sleep regularly.
Mide1data:
HOLY SHIT

Never experienced it. But from the comments, it really scary.

But one thing you should know, you can't die. I repeat you can't die. It may be scary and sufforcating but you can't die.

Just read it from the Net.

WHAT DA BLEEP IS HAPPENNING
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Juanmike(m): 10:38pm On Dec 03, 2021
JustStupidity:
Who knows whether PSG will extend their contract with Messi. Although Chelsea is doing better now
This one brain don paralyze finish.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by chloride6: 10:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
Only happens when I have malaria..

Sure banker....

grin grin grin
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
fineboynl:
It happens in some house than others. And while in some house it doesn't happen. Any house it happens often it advising you packed out change location.

There is this one that look like electric I side the brain. Is like someone is pointing power into your head. That one is deadly and scariest
That stuff is really scary, the electrical touch at the back of the head is worse
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
Mide1data:
HOLY SHIT

To stop experiencing it, make sure you sleep regularly.
It's not about sleep though. I usually sleep a lot, even during the day when I don't go to work, I sleep too but it still happens often

3 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2021
Ignorance laden with superstitious mindset is the reason why so many people especially the so called educated one's attributed sleep paralysis to demonic attack.

I experienced this shi.t all through my unidays a decade ago and I use to think it was one unkept looking woman then that was attacking me.

The day I read about sleep paralysis was the day I stopped attributing it to demonic attack because I'm better informed now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by IMAliyu(m): 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2021
First time I had it I was around 14 years old and was sharing a room with my older brother.

It was mid night, no light. I regained consciousness mid sleep, opened my eyes and saw a figure moving around the room in the darkness, at first I thought it was my brother and maybe he woke up and went to the bathroom, but then I realized my brother was sleeping next to me, then my thoughts were maybe we left our room open and someone came in, but I remembered I personally locked the door that day.
Then the moving figures went from one to two different figures. That was when fear started catching me, and I realized I couldn't move either, I thought were this Aljani (Jinns, spirits), the visitors of the night I've heard people people's stories about? I tried praying, but I found I couldn't vocalize it, that was how i closed eyes and started reciting Quran in my mind, and slowly I realized I could actually recite it aloud, I kept on going until the episode ended. Even after which I didn't move due to fear and was laying there trying to reason what happen.

Scary experience for the first time.
The experience kept reoccurring every now and then after the first one, and my skepticism of the spiritual nature of the experience grew, and I figured a way to break it, as the episode starts and came to understand it's a natural thing, and stopped being afraid of it, one time I just let the episode ride, and I found out I could use it for lucid dreaming.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2021
Abeg not this night jhor embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Mide1data: 10:47pm On Dec 03, 2021
Simran94:

It's not about sleep though. I usually sleep a lot, even during the day when I don't go to work, I sleep too but it still happens often

HOLY SHIT

Sleep is one of the main cause, the others are on Google for ya to read.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by mastermaestro(m): 10:47pm On Dec 03, 2021
basketbrain:
I experienced this for the first time this year & it wasn’t funny. I traveled to Asaba for my birthday & had lots of booze, & women. I returned back to Benin 3 days after tired & needed the rest. I dropped my phone at exactly 12am & I slept about 15mins after. I started feeling a presence in the room & a bright light in my eyes. Omo the hardest part was I felt someone trying to hit me with wood & I couldn’t move an inch as much as I tried. I finally was able to move & headed straight to the entrance door to my utmost surprise it was closed but not bolted. I locked the door from inside & couldn’t find sleep again till dawn. The next morning was a Sunday omo I Jakpa go church after many years.

You must serve GOD by force.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Nwaotu10(m): 10:48pm On Dec 03, 2021
In my last sleep paralysis, a week before I gulped down a glass of combustible fluid of the highest octane, I saw a scarify beast-like creature, smiling pitifully towards me; hushing clamorously at me as I was jostling so hard to say a word.
Then, few seconds before I regained consciousness, he said to me " It lifts spirits, to find you close again. Your death will heal the scars I bear."

This horrible experience will forever etched upon my memory, to be honest.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by warriking(m): 10:48pm On Dec 03, 2021
You are very right bro, laying face up and most especially when you sleep by the window side with that cool breeze coming down on you. There's no way you can escape it
luizpippo:
First time I experienced it was in 2013, I went to supervise the building of a hostel in Ibillo, I felt someone like an old woman approach the window, then the experience started, I was screaming Jesus inaudibly yet the presser pressed me to its satisfaction grin

The worst experience was in 2019 when I went to supervise a renovation at Ekpoma, I felt the walls of a standard room closing in on me, then the pressing started, it was the longest and scariest I ever had, I woke up and felt probably it was the clients nephew who threatened me when I first got there that was behind it grin

I always seem to know when it is about to start, if I am fast enough to lie on my side, I can escape it, lying on my tommy makes it lesser or even does not happen but lying face up seem to be an invitation grin grin grin
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Vipro(m): 10:52pm On Dec 03, 2021
Any solution?
I experienced it this year.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by MufasaLion: 10:52pm On Dec 03, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
Make una go for deliverance from demonic possession abeg. Stop using grammar to cover up

You're the reason your clerics are getting richr and buying expensive automobiles while you keep moving about on your feet.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by RPG2020(m): 10:52pm On Dec 03, 2021
JustStupidity:
Who knows whether PSG will extend their contract with Messi. Although Chelsea is doing better now

You thinking outside the box
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by mastermaestro(m): 10:53pm On Dec 03, 2021
byrron:
Ignorance laden with superstitious mindset is the reason why so many people especially the so called educated one's attributed sleep paralysis to demonic attack.

I experienced this shi.t all through my unidays a decade ago and I use to think it was one unkept looking woman then that was attacking me.

The day I read about sleep paralysis was the day I stopped attributing it to demonic attack because I'm better informed now.

Mr Educated, you are actually the ignorant one here whose mind satan has blanketed not to know that you are under demonic oppression. The devil is sieving you bit by bit. Wake up! sad

8 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 03, 2021
byrron:

Ask yourself this question, who gave it the name Sleep paralysis? Is it not someone like you and I? When people especially atheist who don't believe in God experience things they can't explain, they always look for a scientific name to give it.

Many people said they see an old woman, some say they see figures from afar moving towards them before it finally moves on them, but you call it hallucinations.

Most people say when they call the name Jesus, it stops instantly.
Hope you know that Demons are real and they exist in this world?

But then you are free to believe whatever you want.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Blitzerz: 10:53pm On Dec 03, 2021
How come the sleep paralysis always gives evil experience?

How come you don't experience pleasant ones? Like paralysis inside money or gold?

Abegi.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by mastermaestro(m): 10:53pm On Dec 03, 2021
MufasaLion:

You're the reason your clerics are getting richr and buying expensive automobiles while you keep moving about on your feet.

See this noisemaker! sad

3 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Chatflick(m): 10:54pm On Dec 03, 2021
I was in a hotel room and I woke up but couldn't move my body nor talk. I tried calling my friend but it was impossible. For like 2 minutes I was just staring and wondering what was wrong. I tried shouting Jesus but I couldn't until I gathered so much strength inside and shouted before I could stand up. The experience is scary.

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 03, 2021
warriking:
You are very right bro, laying face up and most especially when you sleep by the window side with that cool breeze coming down on you. There's no way you can escape it
LOL, I never lay face up, I stopped when I experienced it the first time, then I switched to lying face down and still I experience it every now and then.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by flemsy15(m): 10:56pm On Dec 03, 2021
federal9:
I kept money inside my pocket and slept off. I saw Peter entering my room, and then he searched my pocket and took out my 5k.

I was trying to open my eyes but I couldn't. I tried saying a word but I couldn't. I started breathing heavily.

I had to keep increasing my breathing level until I woke up breathing heavily. I searched my pocket and saw my 5k.

Had it been I couldn't find my 5k, Peter would have been in trouble.

The last line had me laughing

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by MufasaLion: 10:57pm On Dec 03, 2021
mastermaestro:

See this noisemaker! sad

Says a brainwashed kid.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 03, 2021
Blitzerz:
How come the sleep paralysis always gives evil experience?

How come you don't experience pleasant ones? Like paralysis inside money or gold?

Abegi.
You sef see am, why is it always bad experiences and not good ones that always come around

2 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by mastermaestro(m): 10:58pm On Dec 03, 2021
MufasaLion:

Says a brainwashed kid.

Crybaby. sad

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 11:01pm On Dec 03, 2021
truthsayer009:
Sleep paralysis can be both medical and spiritual, depending on the environment you find yourself and your current stress level.

For me, I experienced the spiritual part of sleep paralysis. I use to visit my grand mum's family house in Ibadan back then & each time I visit I always have this sleep paralysis. so one day I decided to do an experiment. I slept outside in an hotel in Ibadan a night before and I was fine. Next morning I got into the family house and slept and not less than 30 minutes I had the sleep paralysis. It happens so bad that It felt like I was going to die. I was literally screaming "JESUS JESUS" inside my mind as my mouth couldn't open nor my body move. This continued to happen, one time It happened and I managed to get up. I was upset that I prayed for like 2 hours that night. After then It stopped happening permanently, then started again after a long time I had visited.

I just knew there was something fishy about that place.

I had a friend who was experiencing sleep paralysis as soon as he moved into a newly rented apartment, I bluntly told him the apartment was possessed. he doubted me as usual but when he nearly died through sleep paralysis, nobody told him to move out after one year. Some environments are spiritually contaminated.

From experience, sleep paralysis also has a stronger grip when the environment is dark or you are sleeping on your face down.
True, environment matters a lot.

I used to have horrible nightmares in our old apartment, so horrible that each night was usually a war to the extent that I found it difficult sleeping due to being chased by masquerades, casting and binding, seeing a spirit that was never in the room appear suddenly in the room etc all within that house.

The day we moved out I regained my freedom.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Zubydeangelo(m): 11:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
federal9:
I kept money inside my pocket and slept off. I saw Peter entering my room, and then he searched my pocket and took out my 5k.

I was trying to open my eyes but I couldn't. I tried saying a word but I couldn't. I started breathing heavily.

I had to keep increasing my breathing level until I woke up breathing heavily. I searched my pocket and saw my 5k.

Had it been I couldn't find my 5k, Peter would have been in trouble.
Peter must hear this
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Lionnation: 11:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
luizpippo:
First time I experienced it was in 2013, I went to supervise the building of a hostel in Ibillo, I felt someone like an old woman approach the window, then the experience started, I was screaming Jesus inaudibly yet the presser pressed me to its satisfaction grin

The worst experience was in 2019 when I went to supervise a renovation at Ekpoma, I felt the walls of a standard room closing in on me, then the pressing started, it was the longest and scariest I ever had, I woke up and felt probably it was the clients nephew who threatened me when I first got there that was behind it grin

I always seem to know when it is about to start, if I am fast enough to lie on my side, I can escape it, lying on my tommy makes it lesser or even does not happen but lying face up seem to be an invitation grin grin grin
waoo I am happy to hear thus from someone else I thought I was alone on this
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Jeromejnr(m): 11:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
mikkeyvirus:
During my own I'll just be hearing sounds in my head just like radio frequencies. I won't be able to move

Oh boy. Your own na horror movie on its own.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by primestreams: 11:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
Have experienced it it is very bad.
U will want to wake up but u can't
Like you loose control

If extended you done go be that
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
It always happens whenever I pack into a new apartment.

It could happen the first two nights in the new apartment and then it would stop for a long time.

I heard that the reason is that the new apartment is not familiar to you so it reacts against you.

That is why someone may have such experience whenever he packs into a new apartment.

Everything is alive in some sense.

Even buildings have some consciousness.

When a new apartment sees you for the first time,it may take time to adjust to your presence.

Before then,it may react against you and this could come in the form of a sleep paralysis.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Will Never Drink And Smoke Weed Again / Pictures Of Some Ladies Who Cellebrated The World No Bra Day Yesterday. / Seyyed Mohammad Mirmohammadi Dies From Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.