Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,156 members, 7,860,140 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:36 AM

'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (51503 Views)

Poll: This is a serious matter. Whose side are you on?

Nigeria: 80% (294 votes)
Oprah Winfrey: 19% (69 votes)
This poll has ended

Apc Gov Are Corrupt: Says Who????? / Every Nigerian Billionaire Is Corrupt, Says Former Minister Akinyemi / All Nigerian Military Head Of State Are Corrupt Including General Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by seun001(m): 7:15am On Jul 31, 2007
babyosisi:

One of the few individuals with complete thinking faculty on this thread

besides myself,mili mili and a handful of others grin

u say wetin?
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by tkb417(m): 8:18am On Jul 31, 2007
@ All
i think we shld just drop this Oprah thingy. The poster has actually done a good job in winding us up.
For this issue to have a logical end, we would prefer the quote to be pasted on this thread and not some lousy links.
enuff joo
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by FBS: 9:11am On Jul 31, 2007
I heard that she hates hip-hop and rap
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by sandykoko(f): 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2007
Please lets end this thread about oprah, it is becoming unpleasant, I was so shocked when i saw this thread, Opah has always being my mentor, when i heard about this, i found it hard to believe that oprah could say a thing like that, I have been watching Oprah for quite some time now and i have never seen a time she would generalize a nation and insult them, She loves Africa.she has done alot for Africa! of course that's her root. Even in America, there re violators who rape and abuse their kids, this same oprah exposes them to limelight so that people will be careful of such criminals, So why will she want to destroy nigeria's image
I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY PROOF THAT SHE SAID IT, THE NEWSPAPERS WILL PUT THAT HEADLINE JUST TO SELL THEIR PAPERS BECOS THEY KNOW IT WILL ATTRACT NIGERIANS ESPECIALLY WITH A NAME LIKE OPRAH

IF ANYONE HAS PROOF LIKE A VIDEO WHERE SHE SAID IT, LET HIM OR HER PUT IT IN "YOUTUBE".I THINK THAT WILL CLEAR THE AIR,

NOT THAT AM DEFENDING HER BUT THE TRUTH NEED BE TOLD,

ITS NOT AS IF 100% OF NIGERIANS ARE SAINT. BUT OUR IMAGE HAS BEEN DESTROYED FAR TOO MUCH,

LETS JOIN FORCES TO REPAIR THIS IMAGE INSTEAD OF ANALYSING WAT WE THINK OPRAH SAID
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by PrinceNd1: 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2007
The fact that some Nigerians have actually given our dear country away as a currupt nation can not be over emphasised,that is not the reason why some one who is supposed to protect the interest of a black nation where lies her root, will now make such outreagious statement. Haba she chop witch?? someone should tell her that every type of corruption that ever exited on the face of this earth originated from them the Americans and that she should not generalize such hidious statement or I call for her HEAD!!!!! angry
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by k0be: 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2007
lmao.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2007
its so amazing that such a woman as oprahs caliber could make such a statement. considering the fact that she is black who knows where are ancestors are from, she could even have been from Nigeria for all i care. I am really disappointed in her. The fact that we have some bad eggs doesnt make us all bad. and she cant say that america has not had its own share of corruption. I am sure she know what happened btw jefferson and the Nigerian govt
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by papabaks(m): 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2007
Not until i see an evidence, i will never agree with you guys that opera said that ALL NIGERIANS are corrupt.

Because she is a partner to Nigerians as a nation.

Am waiting

Thanks
papa
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by denex: 5:49pm On Jul 31, 2007
@dimka

why didn't you post any of those millions of scam letters of US origin that are blowing up your mailbox. Just check I'm sure you'll find one

Jury selection Fraud
Telemarketing scams
Health Insurance scams
Travel and Holiday scam letters
Penis Enlargement scam mails
View Webcam
Stocks/Shares Scam
Home Delivery scam
Invented Gadget Scam
College Scholarship Scam
Investment Opportunity scam
Counterfeit Prescription Drugs
Funeral and Cemetery Fraud
Fraudulent Anti-Aging Products
Business Franchise Fraud
Internet Auction Fraud
Visa Lottery Fraud
Poetry Competition Scam.
Non-Delivery of Merchandise
Mortgage scams
Debt Cancellation scam letters.

You didn't see any? Check your bulk mail too.

The fact that we are too smart to fall for their scams don't mean they are not trying to scam us.

Compare the amount of scam letters in your box that originate from Americans to those that emanate from Nigerians. So they are the ones who try to scam the more. The fact that they hardly succeed doesn't make them innocent.

Negroponte and his gang are pulling a scam of N18,000,000,000 with the OPLC scam format and nobody is complaining.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by seun001(m): 7:19pm On Jul 31, 2007
denex:

@dimka

why didn't you post any of those millions of scam letters of US origin that are blowing up your mailbox. Just check I'm sure you'll find one

Jury selection Fraud
Telemarketing scams
Health Insurance scams
View Webcam
Stocks/Shares Scam
Home Delivery scam
Invented Gadget Scam
College Scholarship Scam
Business Franchise Fraud
Internet Auction Fraud
Visa Lottery Fraud
Poetry Competition Scam.
Mortgage scams

The fact that we are too smart to fall for their scams don't mean they are not trying to scam us.

Compare the amount of scam letters in your box that originate from Americans to those that emanate from Nigerians. So they are the ones who try to scam the more. The fact that they hardly succeed doesn't make them innocent.

Negroponte and his gang are pulling a scam of N18,000,000,000 with the OPLC scam format and nobody is complaining.

WORD!!fact is we are just too smart,ever heard of an oyinbo trying to swindle a nigerian who in fact swindles the oyinbo instead. grin cheesy
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by grafikdon: 7:36pm On Jul 31, 2007
denex:

@dimka

Jury selection Fraud
Telemarketing scams
Health Insurance scams
View Webcam
Stocks/Shares Scam
Home Delivery scam
Invented Gadget Scam
College Scholarship Scam
Business Franchise Fraud
Internet Auction Fraud
Visa Lottery Fraud
Poetry Competition Scam.
Mortgage scams

Bwahahahahaha! This has just made my day! I am glad someone finally pointed at what I have been screaming for ages! There's a full fledged attention on Nigeria which is so intense that we all forgot about the major scams. Denex, you forgot to mention calling card scam! Work from home scam (very laughable but they never stop coming) paypal 'phishing' scam. . . ebay 'phishing' scam. . . they are everywhere but you NEVER see anyone mention it. . .but when countryman do im own. . . lipsrsealed
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by seun001(m): 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2007
denex:

@dimka

Jury selection Fraud
Telemarketing scams
Health Insurance scams
View Webcam
Stocks/Shares Scam
Home Delivery scam
Invented Gadget Scam
College Scholarship Scam
Business Franchise Fraud
Internet Auction Fraud
Visa Lottery Fraud
Poetry Competition Scam.
Mortgage scams

make them watch it and be careful ooo,because if we decide to take the ball from their court and turn it to our own nko.[size=5pt]hope am not giving yahoo boys ideas[/size]!
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Ndipe(m): 9:21pm On Jul 31, 2007
Applause to Denex, thanks for bringing up that list!
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by babaluku: 3:36am On Aug 01, 2007
seun001:

u say wetin?
she meant the dumbos on the thread
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by tkb417(m): 9:16am On Aug 01, 2007
@Denx and Seun
Let me give you an example of what the white bastards from Spain tried doing to me.
Precisely two years back, i tried using a friend in Birmingham to help in buying fones from ebay to resell in Nigeria.

I actually made purcahses of 1,000 GBP sometimes in 2005. Due to the nature of the transactions i chose not to use my friend in UK. This i decided after the seller told me he will ship the fones to me in Nigeria and all i need to do is use an escrow account. I knew about escrow very well and i knew my fone would be safe if i did it with escrow.

I was meant to transfer the money through my dom account to the escrow verified account and then escrow wont pay them untill i have the goods. days after, i got a mail that i should wire the money through western union to one bank account in spain. They claimed its an escrow account and they told me to send a mail immediately after the transaction to goods@escrow-europa.com. I initially thought it was an escrow account truly. But, the Nigerian in me made me open escrow europa website and i checked the terms associated with transactions.

Escrow advises strongly never to send any amount via western union or any other related stuffs like that. I sent a mail to escrow and asked them about the transaction and email given to me. They told me such mails never originated from escrow.

I sent a mail to the mugus and i told them i wired the money and that who can i speak to. Immediately, they replied and said i shoudl give them 48hours before goods will be dispatched and they also gave a number. I called immediately and started causing the person in yoruba. The fone went dead and immediately i replied their mail saying i'm much more smarter than them.And that was it. Oyinbos too are thieves and the master of all fraudulent activities. they actually taught our boyz
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by maverick1(m): 2:17pm On Aug 01, 2007
Holla!!!
When next you see Oprah, tell her to come lick my ass. She's tipsy
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by maverick1(m): 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2007
By the way, as from today henceforth, i have beef with Oprah
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by maverick1(m): 2:22pm On Aug 01, 2007
Tell her not to cross my path because i will kick her. I hate her. How can she say such a thing about my favourite country in the world. Anyone who beefs Nigeria beefs me. When you beef me, u're in for some deep shit
Oprah, i hope u read this by some crazy miracle: Bleep you over and over again.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by adrian5(m): 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2007
It's rather harsh a statement. She ought to apologize!!

But on the flip side, majority of us have the tendency to be a "sharp" which is akin to corruption right ?. Afterall yahozee is

the most popular track and it certainly ain't about be honest,
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Richardsop(m): 6:32pm On Aug 01, 2007
Nigerians are the sharpest qand most intelligent people on the planet earth.
nigerians are not corrupt. the are just playing games.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by texazzpete(m): 7:38pm On Aug 01, 2007
the only thing i've gleaned so far is that many ppl here don't have the faintest idea how to participate in a discussion forum. It's been showed pages ago that the article is a friggin user-submitted article in the Punch, that it has no basis and in fact it's downright untrue.
Yet we see people busting in here and dissing Oprah for no good reason. Even worse, some people are here expressing tacit support for crime originating from Nigeria. Weird

maverick1:

Holla!!!
When next you see Oprah, tell her to come lick my ass. She's tipsy
maverick1:

Tell her not to cross my path because i will kick her. I hate her. How can she say such a thing about my favourite country in the world. Anyone who beefs Nigeria beefs me. When you beef me, u're in for some deep shit
Oprah, i hope u read this by some crazy miracle: mess you over and over again.

What's a dumbo like you getting all worked up for? Did you see any evidence she said that before you started spouting insults? It isn't so hard to read, is it?
And truly, if she reads this, she'll laugh at your insignificant threats. When you stop playing at being tough, calm down and let you brains kick in.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 01, 2007
My dear the thing tire me O.
Remember how the sons of men came to present themselves in the book of Job and the devil also waka come?
na so for nairaland,we have all sorts.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by k0be: 12:05am On Aug 02, 2007
I guess the ignant cow who said blacks don't read wasn't lying.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by 9ja4eva: 5:08am On Aug 02, 2007
texazzpete:

the only thing i've gleaned so far is that many people here don't have the faintest idea how to participate in a discussion forum. It's been showed pages ago that the article is a friggin user-submitted article in the Punch, that it has no basis and in fact it's downright untrue.
Yet we see people busting in here and dissing Oprah for no good reason. Even worse, some people are here expressing tacit support for crime originating from Nigeria. Weird

What's a dumbo like you getting all worked up for? Did you see any evidence she said that before you started spouting insults? It isn't so hard to read, is it?
And truly, if she reads this, she'll laugh at your insignificant threats. When you stop playing at being tough, calm down and let you brains kick in.

It was rumoured she said that on her show.So wetin u want make man do?
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by shango(m): 5:37am On Aug 02, 2007
can you name one Nigerian Multi Millionaire, just one, that made his money without doing wayo?

Just one. At least Oprah did not do any fraud to make here millions. Noone can say the same for any Nigerian multimillionaire.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by denex: 6:23am On Aug 02, 2007
@shango

all those crocodile tears that Oprah is using in her media marketing is what?

Dangote did not play me wayo in order to sell his salt, sugar, rice, cement or juice to me.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by angel101(f): 9:54am On Aug 02, 2007
denex i think u are on a mission this morning. na wetin now, u wan kill me with laughter? i beg o! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by abiegirl: 10:33am On Aug 02, 2007
It's unfortunate that an 'educated' person is making such generalized comments. She has never even been in Nigeria and its not as if there are no corrupt people in America either. Its a shame that Oprah would say such, she should be sued.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by seuniyanda: 11:42am On Aug 02, 2007
oprah is a mad dog woman, i have replied her through her website but i know she might not see it, but our govt got to do something about it, she is crazy
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by yewaman1(m): 6:01pm On Aug 02, 2007
Re: 'All Nigerians are Corrupt', says Oprah Winfrey

shows how little she knows,
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by sage(m): 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2007
Just shows how pathetic this thread is

Is it not ironic that the same people who are crying for Oprah's head for generalisation turn around and say that ALL those who are scammed are because they are lazy ?
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by sage(m): 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2007
And those guyz cursing Oprah saying she is a barren witch

Watch your words, it might come back and hunt and hurt you

When your sister, daughter, cousin or neiece does not have a child, other men would say exactly the same thing about her

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply)

Egberi Papa: 'why Atiku Will Win Buhari Landslide At The Presidential Election' / Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments / Festus Keyamo Loses Polling Unit To Peter Obi (Video/Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.