Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody (17102 Views)

Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea / The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West / Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by fergie001: 3:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
PREVIOUS THREADS;

https://www.nairaland.com/6460495/justiceforitunu-itunu-babalola-illegally-jailed#99905604

https://www.nairaland.com/6467303/itunnu-babalola-facts-matter-nidcom#100018754

https://www.nairaland.com/6460495/justiceforitunu-itunu-babalola-illegally-jailed#99905604

https://www.nairaland.com/6850393/itunu-babalola-dead

PRESS RELEASE

Death of a Nigerian in Cote D'ivoire, FG demands for full investigation

The Federal Government of Nigeria has demanded for full autopsy on the sudden and mysterious death of Ìtùnú Babalola, a Nigerian, sentenced to 20 years imprisonment in Côte Divoire for alleged human trafficking.

This was contained in a statement signed by the Chairman Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM), Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa and released by the Commission's Head of Media, Abdur-Rahman Balogun, which stated that Itunnu's case was drawn to the attention of NIDCOM about five months ago.

Dabiri-Erewa,described the death of Itunnu as a tragic blow, at a time the Nigerian mission in Côte Divoire had paid and engaged the services of a lawyer to handle Itunnu's appeal case.

"Unfortunately, Itunnu died abruptly while all hands were on deck to seek both legal and diplomatic intervention for her by Nigeria.

Itunnu was sentenced to 20 years imprisonment for an offence she did not apparently commit.

Itunnu had accused an Ivorian of robbery at her residence and insisted on filing a case against him. The accused who happens to be related to an Ivorian police man, asked her to drop the case, but she refused.

Itunnu went ahead to file charges against him and allegedly used a different name ( not her real name ) to file the case and somehow a case of robbery which she filed mysteriously turned to a case of human trafficking against her.

She was sentenced to 20 years imprisonment while the Nigerian mission in Cote Divoire supported by the Nigerian community, got her a lawyer, paid part payment of legal fees for the lawyer, to appeal the judgment, while at the same time seeking diplomatic intervention from the Nigeria Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The staff of the Nigeria mission had also visited Itunu in prison, a distance of over four hours from Abidjan.

While the appeal case was on , Itunu was said to have complications from diabetes and was rushed to the hospital.

The fees for the treatment was paid by the Nigerian mission through the lawyer whose services were engaged by the mission, unfortunately, she died suddenly after a few days of admission at the Hospital.

"Her death, will however, not stop the appeal in court in order to vindicate her of the charges against her", NIDCOM boss assured.

E-Signed
Abdur-Rahman Balogun
Head of Media, Public Relations Unit.
NIDCOM, Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by BigSarah(f): 3:37pm On Nov 15, 2021
What a Waste, If you aren't highly connected like the Imam caught with drugs in Saudi years back.
Never pray to need the assistance of the Federal government of Nigeria...

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by fergie001: 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
Nobody will live forever..........You want an autopsy to do what?

Sh!theads

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by PlayMaker14: 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2021
Which Country in the world currently will give respect to Nigerians when our moroniic President tagged us "Lazy"?

When you use a horsewhip on your dog, others will use bricks.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by nairalander2020(m): 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2021
Appreciate me when I de alive no be when I leave this life,you go de fake kam 4 my back embarassed
cry

Nigerian government don't really care.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by Inkling(f): 4:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hmmm

So unfortunate kiss
Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by FalseProphet1(m): 4:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
Useless government. When she was still alive, countless efforts were made for them to intervene but because she wasn't a northerner they didn't lift a finger, now she's dead they're acting as if they care...we Nigerians know better.

I see a plane crash, I see Nigerians top politicians perish in that crash.

This I have seen.

43 Likes

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by tutudesz: 4:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
By now the Ambassador of Cote D'ivoire should be standing in front of the minister of foreign affairs explaining what happened undecided but this na Nigeria

21 Likes

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by lonelydora: 4:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
Useless government. Always reactive and not proactive

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by sharpwriter(m): 4:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
angry
Medicine after death.

4 Likes

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by Nahunger(m): 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
A minute silence to those who lost their lives to Bandits, Army, Police, Ritualist, Cultists, BH, FG, Malami, Custom, NEPA and lastly to the number one terror in our great nation H.U.NG.E.R

17 Likes

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by zombieHUNTER: 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
Like they care....

Useless government
Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
sad sad angry
Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by xpressionx(m): 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
What a painful death.
Autopsy should unravel the cause of her death.
Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by Betallion: 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
Autopsy to bring her back to life abi, Ode angry

1 Like

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by DoctorDree(m): 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
And one God forsaken human will type rubbish and tell us this government hasn’t failed in every way possible
You don’t dare try this with reasonable countries with sensible government
They will always have a way of punishing you
But who cares?
Atleast they know that Nigeria is more like a prison to the citizens so why will the government care about a citizen jailed wrongly in another country?

1 Like

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by shege45: 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
I thought this girl needed your help when she was alive.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by chinchonglee(m): 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
Bastard Govt.
When she was alive and needed help, you were busy looting money.

She is dead now, you are demanding autopsy.

1 Like

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by Dialpad: 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
Medicine after death.... we have a clueless set of people running the affairs of this nation

2 Likes

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by thaoriginator: 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
Nawao!!!
Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by Charmingrascal(m): 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
Abike you are very stupid.

Will the autopsy bring her back to life.
We begged you bastards to help her when she was alive you turned deaf ears now you are demanding for autopsy.

Once again Abike you are very stupid!!!!
I am seriously vexing

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by snoopz: 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
Shame on the FG and abike, well wishers brought this situation to nidc thy claimed to have started working on it then, we no hear anything again...
Now she is dead now they're saying BS
May her soul rip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by Iliveforever(m): 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
Very stupid government, when she was alive you never made any effort to save her, now u want autopsy...

It’s shameful this government haven’t gotten the message after all these years; “if you don’t take what you do serious, no one will take you serious”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by Payporte: 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
damn
Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by 9jaBloke: 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
Daybreak
Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by Payporte: 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
rip to the young girl.
I remembered I read her story on David hundeyin's page early March this year.

So after the mouth abike and her co hort don make dem nor do anything. Make god punish these people.

Innocent young girl dead

Falsely accused
Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by daddytime(m): 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
Medicine after death as is customary.

Check my signature guys
Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by Bayaar02(m): 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
This is one of the treads I followed closely.
The woman was falsely accused.

2 Likes

Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by bolaayenimo: 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
medicine after death. who autopsy help? Did they put the same pressure they used in that Saudi Arabia girl's case on this one?
Re: Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody by Idamond: 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
In Patoranking's Voice.

Celebrate me, now when I dey alive (now when I dey alive)
Appreciate me, now when I dey alive (now when I dey alive)
No be say when I leave this life
You go dey fake am for my back.

now FG what to show concern!!! Very stupid people..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FERMA Commences Construction On Abuja-Keffi Road Unannounced, Many Stranded / NRC Speaks On Abuja-Kaduna Train Breakdown, Apologises To Passengers / 12 People, Including Women And Children Dead, As Canoe Capsized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.