Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,233 members, 7,811,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Antibiotics After Sex - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Antibiotics After Sex (42287 Views)

Re: Antibiotics After Sex / Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? / Zimbabwean Man's Testicle Explodes, Dies After Sex Session With Married Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Anaerobi(m): 9:06am On Nov 16, 2021
Jeon:

paracetamol will also help.

I tot vitamin C and Multivite are the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Coolgent(m): 9:07am On Nov 16, 2021
Chuky7:
Does Taking Antibiotics after raw sex prevent you from getting STD
The only way you can prevent yourself is to avoid fornication/adultery
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by SmartyPants(m): 9:09am On Nov 16, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

Some bacterias have evolved with protective covering to resist being washed off or some can latch onto the wall of your urethra so forceful piss can’t force them out.

You can wash out some bacterias. But let’s say you wash out 40% with piss. If the remaining 60% overwhelms your immune system, you will become sick.

If you have a strong immune system, you will be able to destroy the remaining 60%.

In the end, it depends on your body.

Sure.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by gassbee: 9:11am On Nov 16, 2021
Chuky7:
u should b more worried about contacting hiv
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by kingthreat(m): 9:12am On Nov 16, 2021
[quote author=ukaface post=107664916][/quote]

You are very right. Like I said, reduces the risk very slightly. Just like antiseptic washes bacteria on hands it could on the peniss surface. But in a case where fluid has been drawn into the penile tract or lacerations on the penis, antiseptic does nothing.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Kinematics: 9:13am On Nov 16, 2021
ukaface:
This sounds funny.

Oh, he had his bath? Wonderful...lol

Well it may sound funny but the part you highlighted is very possible. Have you heard of discordant couple?

Also note that studies have shown that 1% of the world's population have a natural immunity to HIV.

Also women are more sexually susceptible to contacting HIV than men. This is due to some anatomical and physiological factors.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by emonis88: 9:13am On Nov 16, 2021
This is a very bad practice cus it not only doesn't do anything, it creates a resistance to that antibiotic u use always. Really bad from any angle u look at it.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Kinematics: 9:15am On Nov 16, 2021
Anaerobi:

I tot vitamin C and Multivite are the best.

Too many comedians here...

1 Like

Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Kinematics: 9:16am On Nov 16, 2021
emonis88:
This is a very bad practice cus it not only doesn't do anything, it creates a resistance to that antibiotic u use always. Really bad from any angle u look at it.

And even gives room for Fungi to grow. Not forgetting immunosuppression and possible kidney pathology.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by ukaface(f): 9:17am On Nov 16, 2021
Kinematics:

Well it may sound funny but the part you highlighted is very possible. Have you heard of discordant couple?

Also note that studies have shown that 1% of the world's population have a natural immunity to HIV.

Also women are more sexually susceptible to contacting HIV than men. This is due to some anatomical and physiological factors.
of course
We ain't talking about discordant couples here.
Not contracting HIV will only work if you're sure your sex partner is faithful to always taking his/ drugs.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Kinematics: 9:19am On Nov 16, 2021
ukaface:
of course
We ain't talking about discordant couples here.
Not contracting HIV will only work if you're sure your sex partner is faithful to always taking his/ drugs.

I was referring the first sentence you highlighted from that guy's post. From your comment you seem to be doubting his assertion.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by comrademac: 9:20am On Nov 16, 2021
Exkandayee:

What's the symptoms of gonorrhea brother, please tell me,I wan know,cos I don't know what's wrong with me, there's this guy I bang raw, after one week ,I com dey see whitish discharge coming out from my big gbola
lol u don get m
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Christmasdon(m): 9:21am On Nov 16, 2021
DIAMANTE1759:
take Beecham and Andrew liver salt immediately after banging n it will flush ur system
.is this for the ladys or for the GUYS.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by charlsecy(m): 9:22am On Nov 16, 2021
Chuky7:
Proper use of antibiotics should take care of STDs only if the infection is bacterial, not viral.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Christmasdon(m): 9:27am On Nov 16, 2021
Let me get it straight. Is this thread for the married or for them singles.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by NairaMaster1(m): 9:28am On Nov 16, 2021
zexy2030:

most of the STD are viral, virus hardly dies in the blood.
Anti biotics takes care of bacterial

Most of the STDs are bacteria. Viruses are very few.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Kinematics: 9:28am On Nov 16, 2021
charlsecy:
Proper use of antibiotics should take care of STDs only if the infection is bacterial, not viral.

You've not answered the question ooo. You just gave a general statement which is not entirely directed at the ops question. Everyone knows that proper use of antibiotics will cure a bacterial infection. However are you advising that he/she takes antibiotics each time he/she engages in unprotected sex?

Don't forget not every antibiotic cures every STI, no matter how broad spectrum it is. So prevention by abstinence or use of condoms(though not 100% protective) is the key. Because for you to manage an STI properly, there must be laboratory investigation coupled with clinical findings(funny some STIs show no symptom).

So making a blanket statement about antibiotics is not necessarily what the OP needs.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Kinematics: 9:33am On Nov 16, 2021
NairaMaster1:

Most of the STDs are bacteria. Viruses are very few.

Yes the majority of STI maybe bacterial, but viruses are no joke and could be more devastating because most have no known medical cure eg

HIV
Hepatitis B
HSV 1 and 2
HPV
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by NengiFuhrer(m): 9:34am On Nov 16, 2021
DIAMANTE1759:
take Beecham and Andrew liver salt immediately after banging n it will flush ur system

Wehdone! Give that dog a bone.

Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Kinematics: 9:35am On Nov 16, 2021
Christmasdon:
Let me get it straight. Is this thread for the married or for them singles.

Does STD discriminate?

1 Like

Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Aguogba(m): 9:36am On Nov 16, 2021
[quote author=Sirsesan post=107646376][/quote]
They actually do respond when properly timed and administered by professionals. Such is used for victims of rape.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Munzy14(m): 9:37am On Nov 16, 2021
Kinematics:

So those penicillins you just mentioned will work against viruses, parasite like trichomoniasis and some bacterial infections that are resistant to penicillin treatments?
Smh..kinetmatics i know you will swing this to your medical field.. grin

But, I guess you skipped the first statement I made..about the authenticity not being 100%

Plus telling him to use protection..

If antibiotics works fine, those things won't come up at all...

And I know antibiotics doesn't cure viral issues, it is only used to treat secondary infections that can act as complications.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Kinematics: 9:37am On Nov 16, 2021
DIAMANTE1759:

Pray that STD is not caused by a virus or a penicillin resistant bacteria.

Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Kinematics: 9:39am On Nov 16, 2021
Munzy14:

Smh..kinetmatics i know you will swing this to your medical field.. grin

But, I guess you skipped the first statement I made..about the authenticity not being 100%

Plus telling him to use protection..

If antibiotics works fine, those things won't come up at all...

And I know antibiotics doesn't cure viral issues, it is only used to treat secondary infections that can act as complications.

Well abstinence still remains the only 100% protection against STI. However condoms can guarantee a significant level of protection for almost all STIs besides HPV.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by MrMacinterchi1: 9:42am On Nov 16, 2021
Flamees:
WHY AM I STILL A VIRGIN AT THE AGE OF 20 sad
you're doing well

1 Like

Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Munzy14(m): 9:42am On Nov 16, 2021
Kinematics:

Too many comedians here...
Don't you know vitamins will still play a role in boosting immunity and a bit of resistance?

Give us advise that can alleviate fears a bit..not turning everything to joke na.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by MrMacinterchi1: 9:42am On Nov 16, 2021
Exkandayee:

What's the symptoms of gonorrhea brother, please tell me,I wan know,cos I don't know what's wrong with me, there's this guy I bang raw, after one week ,I com dey see whitish discharge coming out from my big gbola
u banged a guy ?
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Munzy14(m): 9:46am On Nov 16, 2021
Kinematics:

Well abstinence still remains the only 100% protection against STI. However condoms can guarantee a significant level of protection for almost all STIs besides HPV.
Abstaining is cool, but oyibo say practice makes perfect.. grin

So if brother titus abstain finish, only to be using torch light to find where them locate the opening on wedding night with a naive sister Patricia as well.. grin what will you say?

I read a chinese couple that were doing it from anus thinking that is where the opening is.. grin grin And it landed them to emergency unit of a hospital....

Anyhow e be, people go dey chop before the meeting.. cheesy
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Kinematics: 9:47am On Nov 16, 2021
Munzy14:

Don't you know vitamins will still play a role in boosting immunity and a bit of resistance?

Give us advise that can alleviate fears a bit..not turning everything to joke na.

Please leave those multivitamins oo. If you like take all the multivitamins STDs are not opportunistic infections. Multivitamin will only boost your immune system to fight an infection, but it does not prevent you from getting infected.

Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Kinematics: 9:49am On Nov 16, 2021
Munzy14:

Abstaining is cool, but oyibo say practice makes perfect.. grin

So if brother titus abstain finish, only to be using torch light to find where them locate the opening on wedding night with a naive sister Patricia as well.. grin what will you say?

I read a chinese couple that were doing it from anus thinking that is where the opening is.. grin grin And it landed them to emergency unit of a hospital....

Anyhow e be, people go dey chop before the meeting.. cheesy

That's a story for another day. But we are talking about prevention of STI and the use of antibiotics after unprotected sexual intercourse.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Munzy14(m): 9:52am On Nov 16, 2021
Kinematics:

That's another story. But we are talking about prevention of STI and the use of antibiotics after unprotected sexual intercourse.
Advantage/ disadvantages comes to play in almost everything.
Re: Antibiotics After Sex by Kinematics: 9:55am On Nov 16, 2021
Munzy14:

Advantage/ disadvantages comes to play in almost everything.

There is no meaningful advantage as regards to the use of antibiotics after unprotected sexual intercourse with someone you are not sure of and if its not a case of rape.

Note the following;
1. Most people that take antibiotics after an unprotected sexual intercours are likely to abuse the medication because they are almost always likely not to complete the dosage which will lead to treatmebt failure and drug resistance.

2. There is going be an excessive use of antibiotics which will in the long run lead to some adverse effect and severe complications eg immunosuppression and organ damage eg the kidneys etc.

3. The commonest antibiotics I've seen people listing here are mainly penicillin derivatives. Not all bacteria are sensitive to penicillin.

4. When you say STI it's beyond just bacteria, but viruses as well. Antibiotics don't kill virus.

There are so many more....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Signs to know that Death Is Near / Catholic Priest Infected With Ebola In Congo As Bishops Pray For Him Afar. / How To Stop Mosquitoes And Other Insects From Feeding From You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.