Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,381 members, 7,864,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened (57261 Views)

Madam & Her Maid: This Happened In The Church Today. / I Have Made 4million Naira This Year / I Just Bought This Refrigerator....please I Need Your Candid Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by frozen70(f): 8:17pm On Nov 16, 2021
misterme:
And I am very very angry. Gas I used to buy 2800, then 3k, 4k, and 5k. Suddenly it jumped to 7500 and now (today) 9250 in Port Harcourt. I am very very angry. Let no one here disturb me with nonsense news about Buhari and his nonsense South Africa Trade fair and nonsense. No cross me today o. I fit beat person

The gas finished yesterday. I told my wife that yesterday that I will buy the gas today because I needed to get to work and somehow raise money to augment what I have to be able to buy the gas. I told her to use the kerosene stove that yesterday and this morning. Guess her reply? She said she can't use kerosene even for a day. That even her Mum in the village does not use kerosene stove. She said a few other unprintable things.
For the sake of my 3 children I still had to buy the gas today.

I had not eaten in my house for a month now. The reason is that she said that they money I gave her for upkeep in October was not enough (I give her 62.5% of my monthly salary every month for our home upkeep). As a result she refused to give me food from around the middle of the month when she said the money had finished. She cooked for herself and the children (possibly from her own salary). When I gave her upkeep money for this month I told her not bother keeping food for me so that the money will go far enough. That's where we are till now. I have no intention of ever eating her food until she acknowledges that she was wrong and apologizes.

Now I know this WON'T happen. She will rather die than admit she's wrong or apologize. This is why I know that the mistake of a marriage is heading for the rocks and I am ready for it. Nonsense and ingredients. I have endured this nonsense for 15 years. I am done. Anything whe won happen tomorrow, make e happen today.

For the fact that you gives her 62% of your salary and it doesn't go round, it's obvious that dge doesn't even add her penny there
. Now you stopped eating and still provide, yet she is comfortable with it

It's not healthy for both of you you may be planning to sort yourself out and live your life

While she is also planning her own ways

Pls both of you should come to the table and discuss your ways out

Most unresolved problems in marriage are major part of what lead to separation and divorce

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by Mom007(f): 8:19pm On Nov 16, 2021
Your wife is not wise. When things get more expensive, you adjust to suit your budget you don't stop feeding your husband who you know is trying his best. You reduce the quality of the meals if you cannot reduce the quantity. You change chicken to fish, meat to pomo. Bread and eggs to pap and moimoi etc. A wise woman supports her husband not add frustration to his stress. If he dies now, hope she will be happy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by rottennaija(m): 8:20pm On Nov 16, 2021
Brarrie:
just dey tank God say nah nl u dey yarn this nonsense,if you talk am for outside where people dey para nah to plank you 4 by 4 for head

Lol. Very funny. But of course, people don't like facing realities and it's understandable. It's most times uncomfortable.
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by akinsmyk(m): 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
One man is deceiving her outside, that’s why she no regard u again. Sounds like rubbish abi? What of sense dey there?
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by okoroemeka(m): 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
wizkidblogger:
As in, how does her apologizing adds value to you? it adds to your account balance or to your wieght?

It baffles me how some of us make so much big deal out of unnecessary things
the husband is supposed to be the head of the family and provide for his wife and children,and also the wife is the body that supports the head of the family,if the Op choose to eat outside and ignore the wife then the problem is just heating up to blowing point and the result will not favour anybody,I think taking it easy and talking to the wife in a reconciliatory and loving manner could solve the issue,in marriage such situations are frequent and invitable,it is part of a man's duty to diffuse the volatile situation, ignoring her food is not a good idea and also starving her of love will also snap most women,talk to her passionately with genius concern and make sure the talking to will be close to a bed because that is were the final peace will be made
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by jcflex(m): 8:27pm On Nov 16, 2021
misterme:
And I am very very angry. Gas I used to buy 2800, then 3k, 4k, and 5k. Suddenly it jumped to 7500 and now (today) 9250 in Port Harcourt. I am very very angry. Let no one here disturb me with nonsense news about Buhari and his nonsense South Africa Trade fair and nonsense. No cross me today o. I fit beat person

The gas finished yesterday. I told my wife that yesterday that I will buy the gas today because I needed to get to work and somehow raise money to augment what I have to be able to buy the gas. I told her to use the kerosene stove that yesterday and this morning. Guess her reply? She said she can't use kerosene even for a day. That even her Mum in the village does not use kerosene stove. She said a few other unprintable things.

I had not eaten in my house for a month now. The reason is that she said that they money I gave her for upkeep in October was not enough (I give her 62.5% of my monthly salary every month for our home upkeep). As a result she refused to give me food from around the middle of the month when she said the money had finished. She cooked for herself and the children (possibly from her own salary). When I gave her upkeep money for this month I told her not bother keeping food for me so that the money will go far enough. That's where we are till now. I have no intention of ever eating her food until she acknowledges that she was wrong and apologizes.

Now I know this WON'T happen. She will rather die than admit she's wrong or apologize. This is why I know that the mistake of a marriage is heading for the rocks and I am ready for it. Nonsense and ingredients. I have endured this nonsense for 15 years. I am done. Anything whe won happen tomorrow, make e happen today.

Nobody is looking at the percentage of the salary been spend on feeding alone.

@op i dnt knw hw much exactly is your salary, but 62% of your salary on feeding is too much.

Pls how do you take care of other things.
I will like you to educate me on this.

1. House rent
2. Children sch fee
3. Clothing
4. Your own transportation to and fro work
6. Family expenses your mother, father, and siblings
7. Church and other voluntary contributions etc
8. Saving for the future/investment if any
9. Do you have a car, if yes hw do you maintenance it.

If 62% have been spend on feeding.
Your are left with 38% for the rest of the month.
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by 0001hycegigolo: 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
rottennaija:

Bros, it's world over. The price hike is world over, not just here. This period is when we are beginning to feel the impact of covid19 pandemic, money printing, supply chain disruption, trade sanction by the US against China among other things. I has nothing to say do with buhari.
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by Raalsalghul: 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2021
Dollywood:
Reason 105 why marriage is very very hard.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by Rinoxy: 8:51pm On Nov 16, 2021
Evolutionlove:

What's our own business with all this useless sermon......
Be careful man.
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2021
cry kissplease be gentle with her...those gender can provoke people but pls be cool.... May Almighty safe ur marriage

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by Taiwo20(m): 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
Eat that food it's your money
Our elders have a saying; "No matter the level of your problem, eat first"
misterme:

Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by kazyhm(m): 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
abike12:

Please I beg of you. Two wrongs don't make a right. From your account she is obviously wrong but don't let people on the internet make you feel justified to scatter things because of that. It's a very difficult time for people in nigeria right now financially and from what you have written you are trying your best. Have you tried talking to her when things are not heated? She should be able to feel your pain and appreciate your effort. More importantly, what does she do for a living? If she's working she needs to contribute to the running of the household. Just take time to breathe and calm down then you can revisit things.

People be talking as if female were created without a functioning brain.
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by itubaba001: 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
rottennaija:

Bros, it's world over. The price hike is world over, not just here. This period is when we are beginning to feel the impact of covid19 pandemic, money printing, supply chain disruption, trade sanction by the US against China among other things. I has nothing to say do with buhari.
You fail to recognize the draining value of naira .pls educate yourself first .
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by Celsony: 9:32pm On Nov 16, 2021
This is witchcraft if you ask me, it is not until you fly at night that you are a witch. Why will she deny you of food because the upkeep money has finished and will gladly cook with her salary and will refuse to give you. Has women stopped being helpers in the family?
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by snoopz: 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2021
misterme:

Communication is key, if she doesn't apologize tell her what she did was wrong...

By the way na 8k5 be 12.5kg here in ajah
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

JUST LOOK AT YOUR RESPONSE TOWARDS A WISE WOMAN, THIS SHOWS THE TYPE OF GIRL U ARE
wise woman?!

Hian!!

What exactly did she say that was wise?!

More like an attention and validation seeking, male identified mammy!!
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by Testimony1988(m): 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
Hmmm, so it means per Kg is now, #740, nawa o, over here it's still fair, 12.5kg is 7,625.
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by Rexymania(m): 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
Why not calm down and pray to God for guidance
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by abike12(f): 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2021
kazyhm:

People be talking as if female were created without a functioning brain.

Emotions can cloud ones thinking and judgment, male or female. A functioning brain would have told you that.
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by BennyDGreat: 9:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
swarley75:
Seriously are all these stories on nairaland about marriage wahala real or fictional because I don't understand how a man can not control his home. Somebody, please enlighten me.

Some women are very stubborn and show no sign of empathy when they should.
A woman who doesn't want to be controlled will never give her husband respect due as stated by religious and moral standings; relating to the African society.
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by kazyhm(m): 9:48pm On Nov 16, 2021
abike12:

Emotions can cloud ones thinking and judgment, male or female. A functioning brain would have told you that.

But there is what is called emotional intelligent.

Your suggestion is a clue that she doesn't have sense....atleast the husband has shown his displeasure in the home but you still suggest he talk to her Anyway........meaning he is dealing with someone in nursery 2.

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by emmanuelbrown26: 9:51pm On Nov 16, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
wise woman?!

Hian!!

What exactly did she say that was wise?!

More like an attention and validation seeking, male identified mammy!!
Didn't u read it up their?
Attention seeker
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by PDJT: 9:59pm On Nov 16, 2021
BigSarah:
Buhari and osinbanjo want to spoil another marriage through their incompetence..
Anyway

Is your wife responsible for inflation, blame yourself for not earning enough money to settle family expenses..

Because blaming government changes nothing, this government doesn't care

Before the marriage I'm sure he knew what he was getting, a liability or an HELPER.
And he went on either way.

-It seem to me like you’re a hardworking lady. Biko, are you married, if you don’t mind me asking?
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by Geeman2006: 10:03pm On Nov 16, 2021
misterme:

I couldn't vote. I wanted to vote Jonathan. I stood in long queues for hours for several days trying to get my PVC. I still couldn't. Many people didn't get theirs. Meanwhile small northern boys who do scrap metal business near my place were receiving calls from their friends and relatives in the North to come and collect their PVC's which the said relatives have collected from INEC. I, a grown man, could not get mine in the South. In the North, small boys were being begged to collect theirs. INEC officers went from house to house to deliver voters card to people, including relatives of actual owners of the cards in the north. Prof Jega dealt with the south. He disenfranchised us and gave Mr Buhari victory

Guy.. This your tales by moonlight get as e be undecided
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

Didn't u read it up their?
Attention seeker
Oga, if you have nothing useful to say, get out of my mentions.
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by PDJT: 10:25pm On Nov 16, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Its important to marry someone who's kind enough to share. Me can't eat while another no chop o. Kai.

-Where were you when men were searching for a wife? Some of you will just go and hide in your parents house, but come out to talk wahhhh after water don pass garri. angry

-@OP, some friends have seen your story on FP, and they are asking for your bank account details.

-But it will not be well for Buhari and his advisers! That bloody man closed so many ways to send money via some apps. That Fulani man na enemy of progress, I tell ya!
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by danny56: 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2021
misterme:

Your wife seem not to be sensitive and may largely be affected by her upbringing. You not eating her food and she's comfortable with it for over a month is stubbornness and pride or ego. She has a stony heart somehow. Bro calm down and work a way out... Show her the scripture that says "a wise woman builds her house. And the foolish woman tears it down. Marriage is really a hard work!!!!
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by danny56: 10:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
BigSarah:
Buhari and osinbanjo want to spoil another marriage through their incompetence..
Anyway

Is your wife responsible for inflation, blame yourself for not earning enough money to settle family expenses..

Because blaming government changes nothing, this government doesn't care.

It seem you have another definition of what marriage is than what the bible says? Did you read where the @op said he gives her money for monthly food, 62.5% of his salary? Listen, no matter how little that man is very responsible. Where is the wisdom of a wife managing the house? Our generation of ladies have too much junk in their brain about relationship and marriage matter. Too much nollywood, Shame!

2 Likes

Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by DJInfluence: 10:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
Wait is the piece about the price of gas or your failing marriage or your wife or Buhari? Am confused.
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by Estellie: 10:58pm On Nov 16, 2021
I don't care if you and your wife carry head knack each other, buh did you say 3 kids??
What's wrong with y'all in this country?
You are complaining of 12,000 and you have 3 kids? What will happen when fees and other bills starts pilling up now that your salary can't even cover food?

I tire for una oo.
Re: I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened by tragergeorge(m): 11:25pm On Nov 16, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Where is your evidence that there are over 100% price increase in South Korea, Japan, UK, Germany, Canada, Australia and New Zealand?

You talk am with your mouth say is world over.

Even if nah the one wey no reach over 100% just post am
in the US gas Rose from 30 dollar to about 50 dollars to fill your tank..
Pizza from less than 2 dollar to a little above 3dollar
Inflation is everywhere really

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her / "Mummy Calm Down" - Boy Negotiates His Way Out Of Beating By His Mother / Indian Jailed For Life For Killing His Wife Using Cobra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.