Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma (43657 Views)

UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others / Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student / Mufutau Waliu: Ogun Poly Lecturer Shot Dead - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
fkj950ax:
He needs a lawyer.
It can be argued it was self defense.

The lecturer escalated a verbal confrontation by physically assaulting him with a projectile weapon.
Legally, he can claim she was armed and used the arm to attack him, and he had no choice but to protect himself from the fear of additional grave bodily injury or even death.

Should he beat a person? No. (Thats where moral standpoint comes in)

Should he be assaulted with a projectile, and be punished? No. (Thats the legal standpoint. The university using its laws expelled him, which is applying a legal framework)

I once treated a woman who was attacked and punched in the eye by her neighbour ( said neighbour was the kind of person one of my lecturers would have called a chronic troublemaker).

The woman did not retailite. Instead she went to the nearest police station to ensure file was opened on the case, then to the hospital where I was working for police medical report.

So that when the case goes to court evidence dey kampe.

The woman by the way was a poor woman who lived in face me I face you. Single mum. Yet when attacked she knew what to do

If the lecturer threw a mug at the guy, he should have done same.

Plus the guy had been pestering her and on the day entered her office in an angry abd confrontational mood in the presence of two witnesses who he also threatehd and who escaped when he started beating up the lecturer

Below is a snapshot of a report on the case from the perspective of a third party. From yesterday's daily trust

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Stanchem029: 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
Seylad2009:
The boy was very wrong, but, the lecturer was wrong also.
She would have direct him to the dept HOD maybe there is a way to help him. If the boy happens to be her relative won't she find a way to assist?
Most Nigeria lecturer's supervising undergraduate project are unprofessional.

The boy really has a problem, from false accusation in lagos to two months in detention and now, been expelled.
As if the guy na jambite?
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by juniorstar(m): 5:50pm On Nov 16, 2021
No be village pipu be this.
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Gidariro: 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2021
jaxxy:
As usual one sided judgement and story. A skol System that has and continues to thrive on student oppression.

If it was a lecturer who sexually abused a student they won’t be so swift. The lecturer in question here even started the actual violent altercation.

They even lied and exaggerated it to coma? Is anybody in coma? undecided

The young man was arrested in Lagos for theft (his story) and was almost killed by mob safe the intervention of police. Following his two-month incarceration in Lagos, he missed a compulsory class activity in partial fulfilment of his programme, and by extension one year split over. He went several times to beg the said lecturer and she told him that is the rule and cannot be bent for him. On the said day, he went again to beg and she attempted to walk him out, one thing led to the other, a female lecturer was beaten by her student. If you were to sit on the student disciplinary panel, how did a school system fail him? How was he oppressed if I may ask?

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Charly68: 5:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
Home training is very critical to societal survival...when a child lacks home training ,he or she will bring shame to the family at the end
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by jaxxy(m): 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2021
Gidariro:

The young man was arrested in Lagos for theft (his story) and was almost killed by mob safe the intervention of police. Following his two-month incarceration in Lagos, he missed a compulsory class activity in partial fulfilment of his programme, and by extension one year split over. He went several times to beg the said lecturer and she told him that is the rule and cannot be bent for him. On the said day, he went again to beg and she attempted to walk him out, one thing led to the other, a female lecturer was beaten by her student. If you were to sit on the student disciplinary panel, how did a school system fail him? How was he oppressed if I may ask?

Good question. In a sane and professional environment. I don’t expect the lecturer to dismiss the student bt atleast make an attempt to help him and if that fails u know u tried, even the student will respect and appreciate u for taking up his matter and trying bt the Nigerian educational system and more specifically the university system thrives of oppression so they can’t even think rationally unless for a few sane and sound ones.

Now should a lecturer throw a dangerous object at a student who only refused to leave her office?? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Glory2DLamb(m): 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2021
Bandit, Herdsmen, Taliban!
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by wamide042(m): 6:08pm On Nov 16, 2021
RomanGreen:
I feel sorry for him, the Nigerian system failed him given he said Police made him miss his papers, this does not in anyway justify what he has done .. it's totally condemnable, now Saludeen...forget everything called University, get a laptop and learn tech skills, be committed and trust me in six months you will be able to provide value which in turn brings cash to your pocket, if you must got to school...enrol online period. now most importantly work on your attitude while at all this and you'll become a better person in future

The path to greatness in this Nigeria no dey pass Six months.. nawa oo..
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by akilo1: 6:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
Village people self
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by CUMIN: 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
Government should collect his fingerprints he should never be able to get an international passport for the next twenty years.
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by CUMIN: 6:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
Gidariro:

The school system did not fail him. Thousands of lagosian piss by the road side every day, if he wasn't a criminal he wouldn't have been arrested.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by offiahvictor(m): 6:34pm On Nov 16, 2021
He can appeal and be considered.
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by BigYash: 6:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
jaxxy:
As usual one sided judgement and story. A skol System that has and continues to thrive on student oppression.

If it was a lecturer who sexually abused a student they won’t be so swift. The lecturer in question here even started the actual violent altercation.

That's Nigerians for you.. One sided judgment.. The lecturer that hit the guy with mug first,didn't do well too.. But nobody will talk about that.. I pity the poor boy sha.. His hot temper got the best of him undecided
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by moneyissweet(m): 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
Na lie, the guy will be a millionaire before his other weak coursemates graduates

I like the spirit

NOETHNICITY:
Dude is not mature, he doesn't deserve to be certified a university graduate.
University isn't just about the classroom, character molding is part of it.
He got served right

Few years from now he will come to NL beggin for financial assistance
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by bizzibodi(m): 6:52pm On Nov 16, 2021
Some Nigerian lecturers are more wicked than bubu & Hitler...I know of one final year student that cried & pleaded for just one mark to pass a course & graduate.....the lecturers also cried more according to him he doesn't know anywhere in d universe to pull d one mark from.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by oyejideogunjumo: 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2021
It is more of spiritual than physical .
They waited for him at the edge of success and he fall their prey.
From Pry school to this point all gone down the drain because of anger.
Eccl 7 vs 9 says that do not be hasty I'm your spirit to be angry for anger resides in the bosom of fools.
Anger has never and will never help any situation but rather worsens it.
Run away from it

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2021
lexy2014:

What kind of character and maturity do y call throwing a mug at a student?
The lectural did wrong too, but now who is resticated?
Hadley chase said in one of his novel, 'there is a time to fight, and there is a time to be intelligent enough to know when not to fight'.

That's all

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by APCNig: 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2021
Bola146:
shocked sad angry I don't pity him at all, I really pity the innocent parents suffering from A to Z that he wasted just because of one minute madness cry cry he should just go and learn trade or boxing or wrestling angry sad

Isn't it obvious that this is NHS - Negative Home Support commonly called Village People Handiwork?

My sister, we are about to groom another Lagos Agbero and Pick Pocket. That's another security risk for you and I.

If I were the University, he will repeat the class, that is, repeat 300 level and do some university community work everyday till he finally graduate. He will also undergo Counselling and Spiritual deliverance monitored by the school.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by bizzibodi(m): 6:59pm On Nov 16, 2021
The way the judgement came out is too hasty & bias...d guy should have been subjected to psychiatric evaluation first.
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Semaj77(m): 7:03pm On Nov 16, 2021

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by lexy2014: 7:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
The lectural did wrong too, but now who is resticated?
Hadley chase said in one of his novel, 'there is a time to fight, and there is a time to be intelligent enough to know when not to fight'.

That's all

I didn't ask u about who is rusticated or who isnt. I asked what kind of character and maturity do u call throwing a mug at a student?
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
jaxxy:

Which one sided judgement and story?

Did you not read where he narrated what happened?

Was that not enough to expel him?

If you think he's being victimized..

You have 48Hours to do something about it..
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by enchy: 7:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by enchy: 7:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
Bi
Chris525:

All these lecturers that keep subjecting their students to emotional and psychological trauma nko? The young man was obviously was going through a lot yet the woman who is an elder and teacher, was suppose to show some compassion and empathy and probably call in people from guidance and counseling unit to counsel him.

Zero professionalism and humanity from her. If you ever school outside Nigeria and encounter the average Nigerian lecturer, I swear you’ll commit murder. They are mostly idiots.

hmmm
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Goldiness: 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2021
This is how you know wove beaters. May God help him overcome this temptation.
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Gidariro: 7:15pm On Nov 16, 2021
jaxxy:

Good question. In a sane and professional environment. I don’t expect the lecturer to dismiss the student bt atleast make an attempt to help him and if that fails u know u tried, even the student will respect and appreciate u for taking up his matter and trying bt the Nigerian educational system and more specifically the university system thrives of oppression so they can’t even think rationally unless for a few sane and sound ones.

Now should a lecturer throw a dangerous object at a student who only refused to leave her office?? undecided

I understand there are two shades of wrong here, the female lecturer even if she was extremely provoked shouldn't have thrown an object at him. However, who raises his hands and beats his TEACHER? The analogy is like being provoked by your parents and you decide to beat them! The young man should apologise to the female lecturer and check into a rehab programme for anger management. I wish him luck in his future endeavours.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Tomek09(m): 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
Sorry buddy.
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Scamperlee(m): 7:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
Village people finally succeeded in scoring their goal from Lagos drama to UNILORIN saga.
I fear who no fear village people
Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Gainman: 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
Bola146:
shocked sad angry I don't pity him at all, I really pity the innocent parents suffering from A to Z that he wasted just because of one minute madness cry cry he should just go and learn trade or boxing or wrestling angry sad
you conclusion on dis guy is not fair. I condemn d guy buy d action d institution took on d guy is somehow wrong and can't stop d guy respecting d same act. There are better ways d school can discipline d guy instead of expulsion. This guy have zeal for education that is d reason he made d mistake. Now d school stopped him from what he has passion for and you think he will not do d worst. D guy will now be wild to do and undo. In advance countries they can't take such decision and if they did, they should be expecting mass shooting at any moment. Most of the crimes we are having among d youth in our society are as a result of wrong decision made by institutions on students. In d near future,bet with me u will hear about d guy committing worst of this. An institution exist in order to solve societal problem not to add to it.
This guy was frustrated and could not manage his anger. He should be referred to counseling dept instead. Our politicians did worst than this. They send thugs to beat people up and nothing was done. The university VC should rethink.
We should remember the female lecturer first provoke him by throwing a mug at him which must be investigated too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
A hasty decision

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

12-Year-Old Student Impregnated By Katsina Vice Principal Puts To Bed / Ezeunala Ekene Franklin, Others Offered $4.35M Scholarships To Study In US / Redeemers University Students Fetching Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.