Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs (28260 Views)

Olembe City Stadium Cameroon In Pictures / 2022 World Cup Play-Offs: CAF Confirms Details For Nigeria, Egypt, Ghana Fixture / AFCON 2019: How Nigeria Defeated Cameroon In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by robosky02(m): 7:26am On Nov 17, 2021
2022 World Cup: Nigeria to face any of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon in play-offs [Full list]

Nigeria will face any of Egypt, Ghana or Cameroon in the 2022 World Cup qualifying play-offs next year.

This follows the completion of the African zone round.

The Super Eagles are among the top five ranked countries, following their 1-1 draw with Cape Verde on Tuesday.

The others include Morocco, Senegal, Algeria and Tunisia.

The lower five are Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon, Mali and the Democratic Republic of Congo.

During the draw for the play-offs on December 18, 2021, one country from the top five will be paired against one from the bottom five.

There are five tickets up for grabs for African teams and they will be decided over two legs in March 2022.

TOP 5
Senegal
Morocco
Algeria
Tunisia
Nigeria

BOTTOM 5
Egypt
Cameroon
Mali
Ghana
DR Congo

https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/17/2022-world-cup-nigeria-to-face-any-of-egypt-ghana-cameroon-in-play-offs-full-list/

7 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by kinzation(m): 7:27am On Nov 17, 2021
I don't see Nigeria going to the World cup

Mumu coach mumu NFF

FTC on a soft

164 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by robosky02(m): 7:30am On Nov 17, 2021
So guys who would you like Nigeria to meet

And who do you want us to avoid?

From this dangerous teams

Egypt
Cameroon
Mali
Ghana
DR Congo

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by russy: 7:32am On Nov 17, 2021
kinzation:

Mumu coach mumu NFF

I see Nigeria going far at the world cup, I tell you they will qualify.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Aufbauh(m): 7:34am On Nov 17, 2021
Haba why is it that everything about the Africa continent is made difficult?

In other continental world cup qualifiers it is a straight up seeding and qualification system.

65 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by kinzation(m): 7:35am On Nov 17, 2021
russy:

I see Nigeria going far at the world cup, I tell you they will qualify.
Even if they qualify they will crash at their usual bustop which is round of 16 after group stage

14 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 17, 2021
kinzation:

Mumu coach mumu NFF
If super eagle cannot beat any of those county team, there is no need going to world cup

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Abfinest007(m): 7:37am On Nov 17, 2021
I'm not a fan but I prefer Nigeria play Chelsea sorry mali

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Emperormartin(m): 7:37am On Nov 17, 2021
All the bottom 5 will like to play Nigeria because they know Nigeria is patternless

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by kinzation(m): 7:37am On Nov 17, 2021
ThankUJesus:

If super eagle cannot beat any of those county team, there is no need going to world cup
Bet me
They won't

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Anfield247(m): 7:43am On Nov 17, 2021
Naija all the way!

3 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by WibusJaga: 8:03am On Nov 17, 2021

Just pray we don't drop to 6th in the next FIFA ranking to be released next week. Else we may face the likes of Senegal or Algeria.

As it stands now, wish to avoid Cameroun. I watched their games against Ivory Coast. Surely, they'll be our toughest opponent.

15 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by robosky02(m): 8:18am On Nov 17, 2021
Abeg give us Mali or DR Congo

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Lee99: 8:38am On Nov 17, 2021
I'd rather face Ghana

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by UTILITYMAY(m): 8:39am On Nov 17, 2021
Why playoff again?
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by paulolee(m): 8:39am On Nov 17, 2021
just help our life n gv us mali or dr congo...
teams like cameroon n ghana ould be hard and can be determined by where the first leg will be played, I pray naija plays away first...get at least a draw n finish work at home...
Mk dm jus pity for us n free dt Egypt bcoz dose guys no get joy n dm go beat dis eagles both home n away...dt sallah winning goal for kano dt year wey stop us from qualifying still fresh for my mind..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by africanpride1: 8:39am On Nov 17, 2021
cry

4 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by paulolee(m): 8:39am On Nov 17, 2021
UTILITYMAY:
Why playoff again?
for d best 5 dt would qualify for wold cup since only 5 teams represent Africa...
bross....even if the 10 qualify, na only Egypt n sengal get better chance of reaching d semis n Africa would hardly win it...
Football done evolve n develop over d years, European leages are improving but our African leagues still de stagnant

14 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by hollah123: 8:39am On Nov 17, 2021
If we are scared of facing any of these teams then wetin we dey find for world cup?

54 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by dragnet001: 8:39am On Nov 17, 2021
Rohr, should be sacked for the Super Eagles to have a chance of qualifying for the World.

I dor talk my own.

14 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by tradepunter: 8:39am On Nov 17, 2021
I fancy our chances against DRC

11 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by palobona: 8:40am On Nov 17, 2021
Up Nigeria
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:41am On Nov 17, 2021
I done talk am tey tey but my fellow Nigerians dey doubt me

Na small thing we take avoid Algeria , senegal, Morroco and Tunisia oh Thank God for that if not ehnnn

Any way Everybody tough but ... ghana and Egypt have the weakest form so far

So let's meet Ghana because Egypt their home advantage is something else

Avoid Mali oh this one you all are saying Mali their team is studed oh will all the Traore's dem get body oh

Dr Congo will be better option than Mali

Come oh no be we've super eagles? And na we dey select team like say na Sao Tome and Principe we be.

10 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by beejay85: 8:41am On Nov 17, 2021
robosky02:
So guys who would you like Nigeria to meet

And who do you want us to avoid?

From this dangerous teams

Egypt
Cameroon
Mali
Ghana
DR Congo

SE can only handle Ghana and DR Congo....the above 3 will be hard to crack for d super eagles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Salem69: 8:41am On Nov 17, 2021
We can take any of them if only rohr gets his tactics right and drop ekong

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by MegaStarr(m): 8:41am On Nov 17, 2021
kinzation:

Mumu coach mumu NFF

You're right. What are they going there for?

3 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Golan007: 8:42am On Nov 17, 2021
tradepunter:
I fancy our chances against DRC
That means we would get Ghana.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by arantess: 8:42am On Nov 17, 2021
Aufbauh:
Haba why is it that everything about the Africa continent is made difficult?

In other continental world cup qualifiers it is a straight up seeding and qualification system.
Then why is Portugal, Italy and some others doing play-offs too?

9 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:42am On Nov 17, 2021
UTILITYMAY:
Why playoff again?

Because there are 10 groups from which 10 teams qualified but we only have 5 slots assigned to AFRICA in the worldcup. So we need to reduce the number of teams by half.

From next world cup we will graduate to 6 teams from Africa until then chose the team you want us to meet

12 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by arantess: 8:43am On Nov 17, 2021
Salem69:
We can take any of them if only rohr gets his tactics right and drop ekong
Lol, rohr should not even be Coaching this team

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Dproperties: 8:43am On Nov 17, 2021
Change coach them no gree

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amaju Pinnick Re-elected As NFF President (Photos) / Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life / Sexiest Female Athletes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.