Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs (28261 Views)

Olembe City Stadium Cameroon In Pictures / 2022 World Cup Play-Offs: CAF Confirms Details For Nigeria, Egypt, Ghana Fixture / AFCON 2019: How Nigeria Defeated Cameroon In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by ShedrachU(m): 10:45am On Nov 17, 2021
paulolee:

for d best 5 dt would qualify for wold cup since only 5 teams represent Africa...
bross....even if the 10 qualify, na only Egypt n sengal get better chance of reaching d semis n Africa would hardly win it...
Football done evolve n develop over d years, European leages are improving but our African leagues still de stagnant

True, our leagues ain't strong but we are in for any challenge.

European football is just hype and money. For instance, you can't come to Africa and find a whole National Football Team as worse and terrible as the San Marino Football Team I wonder how there league will be.

Not just them Andorra, Liechtenstein, Armenia (Mhykitarian at least), Luxembourg, Latvia, Gibraltar etc very terrible teams with no pattern of play, no techniques, no individual brilliance, just nothing. San Marino, 117 games without a win, scored not more than 4 goals in all, concedes not less than 7 goals if they meet any team. And I wonder why FIFA still kept all these as footballing nations

I tell you, the least team in Africa say Angola, Eritrea, Sychelles, DR Congo, Mauritania etc will put up a stern challenge to Poland, Switzerland, Sweden, Wales etc so chill, African football is strong just that developing it is our challenge.

4 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by paulolee(m): 10:47am On Nov 17, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Egypt is overrated. I didn't feel them throughout the qualifiers so far. Their standards have seriously dropped, but can we exploit that?

DR Congo is underrated. Mali too is underrated. These teams have some of the most compact defenses in Africa, and they are highly physical. Playing them will be hard because they do a lot of running and shoving, and our boys are damn too lazy, in my opinion. Moreover, we don't have the defense and goalkeeper to contain a Malian usual early assault. Remember 2013 AFCON which we won. For the first 20 minutes, Mali bombarded our defense, but Enyeama and co absorbed the pressure, and survived.

Ghana is an old bitter rival which always makes a match with Ghana a no-no for Eagles because it is always a do-or-die affair for Ghana, and our present crops of players don't seem to have their hearts in the game when they play for Nigeria.

Cameroon is also an old bitter rival. So, a match with Cameroon is always full of pressure, and always difficult.
naija wey no fit win yesterday for home naim u say go beat Egypt??
.u de watch eagles game or u jus de follow results?

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by kinzation(m): 10:51am On Nov 17, 2021
schoolboymatt:

let's hope for the best

Don't hope for anything bro
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by gentleguy1975: 10:51am On Nov 17, 2021
robosky02:
So guys who would you like Nigeria to meet

And who do you want us to avoid?

From this dangerous teams

Egypt
Cameroon
Mali
Ghana
DR Congo

remember nigeria perform better when you least expect and besides,we are hoping to do well in the next nations cup and to do that,we still have to meet the so called dangerous teams! So why not meet them,as for me bring them on
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by kinzation(m): 10:53am On Nov 17, 2021
MegaStarr:

You're right. What are they going there for?

Obviously to waste funds cos they won't perform
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by SkyFi: 10:58am On Nov 17, 2021
Please not Ghana. Whenever they play us, they use all their might and strength, it becomes do or die for them. Just give me Cameroun, DR Congo or Mali in the order.

i dey fear Mali self
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Vivuch: 11:00am On Nov 17, 2021
They should avoid Mali or DR Congo, we can face Ghana
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by ProphetJeroboam: 11:09am On Nov 17, 2021
ShedrachU:

True, our leagues ain't strong but we are in for any challenge.

European football is just hype and money. For instance, you can't come to Africa and find a whole National Football Team as worse and terrible as the San Marino Football Team I wonder how there league will be.

Not just them Andorra, Liechtenstein, Armenia (Mhykitarian at least), Luxembourg, Latvia, Gibraltar etc very terrible teams with no pattern of play, no techniques, no individual brilliance, just nothing. San Marino, 117 games without a win, scored not more than 4 goals in all, concedes not less than 7 goals if they meet any team. And I wonder why FIFA still kept all these as footballing nations

I tell you, the least team in Africa say Angola, Eritrea, Sychelles, DR Congo, Mauritania etc will put up a stern challenge to Poland, Switzerland, Sweden, Wales etc so chill, African football is strong just that developing it is our challenge.
All these European countries you mentioned are Pendu’s favorites. Don’t let him catch your comment.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by dapolaw(m): 11:12am On Nov 17, 2021
Go to Asia and see too.

Aufbauh:
Haba why is it that everything about the Africa continent is made difficult?

In other continental world cup qualifiers it is a straight up seeding and qualification system.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by sinola(m): 11:15am On Nov 17, 2021
if it mistakenly be Egypt...na bye bye from world cup for super chickens!
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by sinola(m): 11:17am On Nov 17, 2021
russy:

I see Nigeria going far at the world cup, I tell you they will qualify.

which church do you attend...we need to study the church as a course in school...lol
your faith is top notch
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by SmartyPants(m): 11:20am On Nov 17, 2021
robosky02:
Abeg give us Mali or DR Congo

DR Congo yes but Mali are fast, physical and skikful. They will run us ragged
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by malvisguy212: 11:27am On Nov 17, 2021
WibusJaga:

Just pray we don't drop to 6th in the next FIFA ranking to be released next week. Else we may face the likes of Senegal or Algeria.

As it stands now, wish to avoid Cameroun. I watched their games against Ivory Coast. Surely, they'll be our toughest opponent.
Nigeria will likely retain their fifth position... their closest rival Egypt draw away and Nigeria won away , Egypt concede 2 goals, Nigeria concede none. football is not mathematics, crystal palace beat man city, but man City whitewash man united. the same crystal palace lost against weaker team.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by techWriter3: 11:29am On Nov 17, 2021
If super eagle cannot defeated any of those township league, there is no necessity get to world cup
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by femi4: 11:39am On Nov 17, 2021
Samunique:
Cameroon are not that fantastic.

They even had to recall their old legs.
Yet they stopped Ivory coast with all their stars

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by garfield1: 11:45am On Nov 17, 2021
tradepunter:

Waaw I didn't know that.... I made my analysis based on relative strength index of games played so far..

And the side we can make headway against despite our not so good form.

Ghana will be tough because it's beyond football, it's a historical thing, it's a cultural thing also..

Cameroon also follows the path of Ghana in terms of history and culture.

North Africans have this superiority complex over most of africa, thus the reason they never want to loose against teams outside north africa.

I think Tunisia or Mali,we can try against them
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by mrdino(m): 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2021
robosky02:

Egypt
Cameroon
Mali
Ghana
DR Congo

I prefer Ghana or DR Congo

We should avoid others
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Ijaya123: 12:23pm On Nov 17, 2021
Aufbauh:
Haba why is it that everything about the Africa continent is made difficult?

In other continental world cup qualifiers it is a straight up seeding and qualification system.

That's not correct. Some European countries like Russia, Portugal, Italy, Mexico and some others who are yet to qualify will still participate in play-offs in March before they can qualify.

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by senteugene: 12:25pm On Nov 17, 2021
I hope our story no go end with mathematics.. If we beat Kenya and Kenya beat biafra with 20-0 and biafra come draw Oduduwa Republic... We go qualify
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by adioolayi(m): 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2021
You have to beat the best to be among the best!

Good luck to Super Eagles..

E no easy...If e easy, South Africa and Ivory Coast too go dey among Nations in this round grin cheesy grin
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by emafa(m): 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2021
robosky02:

Egypt
Cameroon
Mali
Ghana
DR Congo

If we paired with Egypt, then it's over for us. We don't do well against North Africa teams. Our dream draw would be Mali or Congo.

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Joetttimua1811(m): 12:27pm On Nov 17, 2021
kinzation:
I don't see Nigeria going to the World cup

Mumu coach mumu NFF

Hmmmmm exactly what am � thinking sad
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Semaj77(m): 12:33pm On Nov 17, 2021
WibusJaga:

Just pray we don't drop to 6th in the next FIFA ranking to be released next week. Else we may face the likes of Senegal or Algeria.

As it stands now, wish to avoid Cameroun. I watched their games against Ivory Coast. Surely, they'll be our toughest opponent.

I would rather we face Tunisia , Morocco or Algeria than Cameroun or Egypt
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by femicyrus(m): 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
WibusJaga:

You pray to avoid Cameroun? Then you will pray to avoid Serbia then china and Mexico.
Why bother to be in Qatar at all?
Is it not better to avoid the world cup instead?

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
All all these years in Nigeria & we still play like this, the Oyibo should have been relieved of his job years ago, if European we need a Dutch coach for our tiki taka style of play not this German long balls approach.

You forgot how Rohr met the team? Siasia and co could not even qualify for ordinary Nations Cup (Twice) but you want to crucify a man who has an 100% record in qualification. He has qualified for every tournament and won Bronze at the last Nations Cup. Let him fail before crucifying him after the Nations Cup.

2 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Seunfretty: 1:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
optimusprime2:

Who said they don't have pattern??

To be honest they do (the coach has obviously worked on a system) ... what they lack are the players to fit that pattern/system and sometimes it bothers me.

Rohr has a holdplay/link up play system for the main striker, however the only striker capable of that is Ighalo and he is old stock, now linkup play is not his Sharpest striker's (Oshimen) strong point.

Secondly he favours a Sweeper Keeper, but Okoye is a Jack of all trades and master of none (he needs to Condition Okoye to just one role so he can get good at it now its early) Okoye is a ball playing keeper, Sweeper Keeper and traditional defence Keeper, however that makes him all over the place and gives room for cheap errors.

Thirdly he has a defence department that I don't understand one bit, all the defenders have different patterns such that a simple defence substitution can change the entire back line behaviour. Defenders need to be similar especially Center Backs. For example if Leon Balogun (who is more adventurous and progresses the line) is substituted for Omeruo (Omeruo is more of a static defender, he doesn't progress the line) now that's a problem if you face a team with very pacy strikers, they are less likely to go offside. Is there no way someone can convince Fikayo Tomori of AC Milan to just wear green??

Fourth I really don't understand why they keep playing Musa, when some very pacy wingers want to prove themselves, for example if Ejuke is given at least 60mins game time I am very sure he will prove his ability because that guy is dying to impress.

Fifth where is Chukwueze?? Where is that genius for Okra's sake??

Bottom line Rohr has a system let's give him that credit, but he puts his faith on very funny players.

you haven't explain the system to our understanding....please add his intending tactics to it

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by IbileIfe: 1:03pm On Nov 17, 2021
robosky02:

Egypt
Cameroon
Mali
Ghana
DR Congo

They are not dangerous, but desperate to go to the World Cup Finals.

Jay-Jay Okocha and Daniel Omokachi should join the coaching crew.
Super Eagles need to play 4-4-3 formation to win.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Emperormartin(m): 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
optimusprime2:

Who said they don't have pattern??

To be honest they do (the coach has obviously worked on a system) ... what they lack are the players to fit that pattern/system and sometimes it bothers me.

Rohr has a holdplay/link up play system for the main striker, however the only striker capable of that is Ighalo and he is old stock, now linkup play is not his Sharpest striker's (Oshimen) strong point.

Secondly he favours a Sweeper Keeper, but Okoye is a Jack of all trades and master of none (he needs to Condition Okoye to just one role so he can get good at it now its early) Okoye is a ball playing keeper, Sweeper Keeper and traditional defence Keeper, however that makes him all over the place and gives room for cheap errors.

Thirdly he has a defence department that I don't understand one bit, all the defenders have different patterns such that a simple defence substitution can change the entire back line behaviour. Defenders need to be similar especially Center Backs. For example if Leon Balogun (who is more adventurous and progresses the line) is substituted for Omeruo (Omeruo is more of a static defender, he doesn't progress the line) now that's a problem if you face a team with very pacy strikers, they are less likely to go offside. Is there no way someone can convince Fikayo Tomori of AC Milan to just wear green??

Fourth I really don't understand why they keep playing Musa, when some very pacy wingers want to prove themselves, for example if Ejuke is given at least 60mins game time I am very sure he will prove his ability because that guy is dying to impress.

Fifth where is Chukwueze?? Where is that genius for Okra's sake??

Bottom line Rohr has a system let's give him that credit, but he puts his faith on very funny players.

Rohr is a conservative coach!!! Full stop.

Playing 3-5-2 formation would not in anywhere feature our talented wingers like Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Samuel Kalu even Ejuke…

He’s confident playing wing backs
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Seunfretty: 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
Well....firstly let me say am totally dissapointed in anyone seeing any positive in this present supper eagles ....especially from there game in recent times....let's NT fool ourselves ..Nigeria is no more a force to be reckon with in African football...wat we have left is old glory to save face...even the 5th ranking we get time to time ...do we deserve it?....i saw someone saying teams in Europe a pathetic well asides the fact that African teams play aggressive football as if it's a thug of war ...wat is NT pathetic about our soccer....Nigeria use to be one out of the few teams in Europe that loves Putin the ball on the ground but that's been missing in more than a year...i can't imagine how a reasonable coach will play cape Verde then play with two man upfront with the hope of launching long balls to the...No ...that's NT how Nigeria plays ...that's a looser kind of football ..if against any team NT a against a team like cape Verde....we should take the games to our opponent like we have don for a long time....fine i know we don't have the super. Quality in some departments...but even the department i still tink we are lethal to a level ....(attack) what are we doing with it...yesterday osinhmen was only working like a house ...no through balls ...no good crosses....our center defence and right/left back couldn't even play out decently and escape the opponents press ....hitting the ball to the front again and again.....no good connections with the attackers ..Rohr is good u all say but can he even coach the under 17 of Germany?....if we won't do professionals in the coaching department then let's go back to home based coaches
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by excanny: 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2021
Give us Egypt, Lord.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by muheeb01(m): 1:20pm On Nov 17, 2021
This is going to be tough oo chai

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amaju Pinnick Re-elected As NFF President (Photos) / Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life / Sexiest Female Athletes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.