Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs (28294 Views)

Olembe City Stadium Cameroon In Pictures / 2022 World Cup Play-Offs: CAF Confirms Details For Nigeria, Egypt, Ghana Fixture / AFCON 2019: How Nigeria Defeated Cameroon In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by nurez305(m): 9:45am On Nov 17, 2021
Aufbauh:

I know about that and equally prefers that system to this our own.
Theirs is like the league system where you play against each other and the first- six in the table will qualify.
Ours has preliminary stage. After topping your group you'll still have to go for playoff.... Not straight forward.
Africa is 3 stage before qualification
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Blackman101: 9:46am On Nov 17, 2021
bring them on,

leave the Naija Coach alone please, Coach are judged by result and he has delivered so far. If you looking for fancy football go watch Brazil.

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by mmsen: 9:47am On Nov 17, 2021
Finally, they will be forced to fire Rohr.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Femeto: 9:47am On Nov 17, 2021
We no go win for house. Na away we go win.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:47am On Nov 17, 2021
paulolee:
just help our life n gv us mali or dr congo...
teams like cameroon n ghana ould be hard and can be determined by where the first leg will be played, I pray naija plays away first...get at least a draw n finish work at home...
Mk dm jus pity for us n free dt Egypt bcoz dose guys no get joy n dm go beat dis eagles both home n away...dt sallah winning goal for kano dt year wey stop us from qualifying still fresh for my mind..

Egypt is overrated. I didn't feel them throughout the qualifiers so far. Their standards have seriously dropped, but can we exploit that?

DR Congo is underrated. Mali too is underrated. These teams have some of the most compact defenses in Africa, and they are highly physical. Playing them will be hard because they do a lot of running and shoving, and our boys are damn too lazy, in my opinion. Moreover, we don't have the defense and goalkeeper to contain a Malian usual early assault. Remember 2013 AFCON which we won. For the first 20 minutes, Mali bombarded our defense, but Enyeama and co absorbed the pressure, and survived.

Ghana is an old bitter rival which always makes a match with Ghana a no-no for Eagles because it is always a do-or-die affair for Ghana, and our present crops of players don't seem to have their hearts in the game when they play for Nigeria.

Cameroon is also an old bitter rival. So, a match with Cameroon is always full of pressure, and always difficult.

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Deblow: 9:50am On Nov 17, 2021
End of the road to Qatar!
The guys I saw play yesterday and with the way they played can not match any of the teams listed here in the playoffs.
I can bet with my balls
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Seunfretty: 9:51am On Nov 17, 2021
We can't beat any of this teams for now make we no fool ourselves....we have a decent squad but we don't have the kinda pattern and football to win tough games....at a point our center backs had to even go long severally yesterday cos we can't link up passes to break the opponents press ....we need tutor and coach NT an instructor like Rohr...so pathetic!!?
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by judedwriter(m): 9:55am On Nov 17, 2021
Nigeria should beware of Algeria and Egypt...

I have my phobia about them.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Deblow: 9:58am On Nov 17, 2021
hollah123:
If we are scared of facing any of these teams then wetin we dey find for world cup?

Abi oo! It was by stroke of luck we escaped an outright defeat by the Cape Verdians yesterday. Each time they were in Super Eagles territory, one would almost lose his breath. The goal the visitors scored even was preventable. As far as I'm concerned, Nigeria has no defense as at now. Those guys will keep committing blunders wen faced with a top opposition. The attack line is largely uncoordinated same with the midfield
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Elidrisy20: 10:00am On Nov 17, 2021
Bye,bye naija grin
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Queenslander(f): 10:00am On Nov 17, 2021
judedwriter:

you dey read at all? Nigeria can't face Algeria.. ⚽

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by SirBunky85(m): 10:01am On Nov 17, 2021
robosky02:
2022 World Cup: Nigeria to face any of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon in play-offs [Full list]

https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/17/2022-world-cup-nigeria-to-face-any-of-egypt-ghana-cameroon-in-play-offs-full-list/
thank goodness, we're not going to face any of those fantastic north African nations-algeria,morocco and Tunisia. These aforementioned three nations are too hot to handle right now.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by yemmywesey(m): 10:04am On Nov 17, 2021
Aufbauh:
Haba why is it that everything about the Africa continent is made difficult?

In other continental world cup qualifiers it is a straight up seeding and qualification system.

I tire ooooo
To collect visa sef nah wahala.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Aganju849: 10:05am On Nov 17, 2021
robosky02:
2022 World Cup: Nigeria to face any of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon in play-offs [Full list]

https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/17/2022-world-cup-nigeria-to-face-any-of-egypt-ghana-cameroon-in-play-offs-full-list/

Forget about the ticket already
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by naikeboy(m): 10:07am On Nov 17, 2021
Hmmmm niaja no go qualify ooo
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by jpride(m): 10:08am On Nov 17, 2021
robosky02:
So guys who would you like Nigeria to meet

And who do you want us to avoid?

From this dangerous teams

Egypt
Cameroon
Mali
Ghana
DR Congo

Like say e get anyone wen we go fit beat for there
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by foreshore(m): 10:13am On Nov 17, 2021
robosky02:
So guys who would you like Nigeria to meet

And who do you want us to avoid?

From this dangerous teams

Egypt
Cameroon
Mali
Ghana
DR Congo

There is no country that does not have a dangerous team.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by tradepunter: 10:15am On Nov 17, 2021
garfield1:

They have a superior head to head against nigeria

Waaw I didn't know that.... I made my analysis based on relative strength index of games played so far..

And the side we can make headway against despite our not so good form.

Ghana will be tough because it's beyond football, it's a historical thing, it's a cultural thing also..

Cameroon also follows the path of Ghana in terms of history and culture.

North Africans have this superiority complex over most of africa, thus the reason they never want to loose against teams outside north africa.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Okwyjesus(m): 10:15am On Nov 17, 2021
ThankUJesus:

If super eagle cannot beat any of those county team, there is no need going to world cup

You don finish talk bro.

We have had enough in the past few years in Nigeria. I don't want to add another heart ache this world cup abeg.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Isobug: 10:17am On Nov 17, 2021
Aufbauh:

In other continental world cup qualifiers it is a straight up seeding and qualification system.
Try South America
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by optimusprime2(m): 10:26am On Nov 17, 2021
Emperormartin:
All the bottom 5 will like to play Nigeria because they know Nigeria is patternless
Who said they don't have pattern??

To be honest they do (the coach has obviously worked on a system) ... what they lack are the players to fit that pattern/system and sometimes it bothers me.

Rohr has a holdplay/link up play system for the main striker, however the only striker capable of that is Ighalo and he is old stock, now linkup play is not his Sharpest striker's (Oshimen) strong point.

Secondly he favours a Sweeper Keeper, but Okoye is a Jack of all trades and master of none (he needs to Condition Okoye to just one role so he can get good at it now its early) Okoye is a ball playing keeper, Sweeper Keeper and traditional defence Keeper, however that makes him all over the place and gives room for cheap errors.

Thirdly he has a defence department that I don't understand one bit, all the defenders have different patterns such that a simple defence substitution can change the entire back line behaviour. Defenders need to be similar especially Center Backs. For example if Leon Balogun (who is more adventurous and progresses the line) is substituted for Omeruo (Omeruo is more of a static defender, he doesn't progress the line) now that's a problem if you face a team with very pacy strikers, they are less likely to go offside. Is there no way someone can convince Fikayo Tomori of AC Milan to just wear green??

Fourth I really don't understand why they keep playing Musa, when some very pacy wingers want to prove themselves, for example if Ejuke is given at least 60mins game time I am very sure he will prove his ability because that guy is dying to impress.

Fifth where is Chukwueze?? Where is that genius for Okra's sake??

Bottom line Rohr has a system let's give him that credit, but he puts his faith on very funny players.

2 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by kingjooo(m): 10:28am On Nov 17, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Because there are 10 groups from which 10 teams qualified but we only have 5 slots assigned to AFRICA in the worldcup. So we need to reduce the number of teams by half.

From next world cup we will graduate to 6 teams from Africa until then chose the team you want us to meet
Ok... Then i say congo final answer. Lol
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Trojan8(m): 10:28am On Nov 17, 2021
judedwriter:

The Algeria in same pot?
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 17, 2021
robosky02:

We cant beat any of those countries with what I saw yesterday
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Achizzy7: 10:33am On Nov 17, 2021
Avoiding Morocco, Algeria nd Senegal is tin of Joy fr me !!!

any oda team, bring it on

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by kinzation(m): 10:38am On Nov 17, 2021
Siwel25:

Despite your criticisms, Rohr has actually proven to be a master when it comes to qualifying for major tournaments. The other nations will be scared of Nigeria. I see us qualifying as usual under Rohr.

The way Cape verde were strong after defeating us at our own backyard undecided
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by cl0r0x: 10:39am On Nov 17, 2021
Abeg avoid all those Traores and toures

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by kinzation(m): 10:39am On Nov 17, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Let's give them small chance to go further
Akerele44:

Which round 16 abi u wan say Group stage
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by kinzation(m): 10:42am On Nov 17, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Let us see how they perform at AFCON 2021 starting in January 2022.

But with what they have played so far, I doubt we can beat any of the bottom 5, even at home.

It's been a below-par performance
No pattern of play
Just individual performance
Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by judinho07(m): 10:43am On Nov 17, 2021
Aufbauh:

"because u guy's chose to be stronger instead of smarter....but at d end d power no generate anything...omo dix ur question mad oooh.!!!

Re: 2022 World Cup: Nigeria To Face Any Of Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon In Play-Offs by Legendguy(m): 10:44am On Nov 17, 2021
Achizzy7:
Avoiding Morocco, Algeria nd Senegal is tin of Joy fr me !!!

any oda team, bring it on
Na u wan play the match

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sexiest Female Athletes (Photos) / CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 / Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.