Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You (15266 Views)

My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) / Night Security My Colleagues Exposing Himself Always While Sleeping / Stop Criticizing Us; Female Police Officer Celebrates Her Colleagues. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by obajoey(m): 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
I work in Control/Audit unit.

A friend once asked me "how much are they paying you to be an enemy of the people"

What I do is I relate with you normal normal, but when duty calls, ogbeni you are on your own ó..

8 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Laxy009(m): 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
Hmmm.

Everyone hates control and audit guys. They see you as a threat anytime and any day even when you're not investigating them. I work in control/audit. Basically you won't have much office friends. In life, not everyone will like you and not everyone will hate you as well, the earlier you know this the better for your peace of mind.

But we are humans before being a professional.

1 Like

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by JBoss25(m): 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
shopwiser:
Any body that deal with this guy will regret.. he is a thief impersonatiolng being an officer plus he is a ritualist.. i barely escaped with my life today... Police is on the matter... His guy almost stab me today...i was stabbed in my hands inside the same barracks....I tried purchasing his redmi note 9s and i was scammed 43k... Aje... on my ancestors i will hunt you down... You can't escape...you will see...

This is his number.. 09131490899. He calls himself Lieutenant ifeanyi.

The account number he uses to steal is

2040300362 FIRST BANK

BRINGIDE AMBER ROSE

I have pictures of the guy too...

He is a thief... Serious thief
Are you serious about him wanting to kill you?
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by deepwater(f): 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2021
lol
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Aguogba(m): 12:48pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ussycool:
I am not a Audit officer nor a Manager but from the look of things, every job has two side of it. If you are harsh type (tough boss) that lack human sympathy, then 80% of your coleagues will hate you.

The man in question is to be blame, he should have understand that his relationship with people around him matters a lot.
My piece.
Human sympathy is why Nigeria is the way it is. Let us focus more on doing the right thing. Why is it a big ask for Nigerians to simply obey laws?

6 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Gboliwe: 12:48pm On Nov 18, 2021
Hideki:
A childhood friend who works in the financial sector invited my family and I for his child's dedication. I honoured the invitation with my family but I observed that a section of the hall that was reserved for his colleagues was almost empty.

He was also not popular in church hence, only few members were present. The hall was about 20% filled. Thank God I went with my family at least we occupied space.

After the ceremony I asked his wife if he didn't inform his colleagues, she said " they hate him at the office, they hate him because he is in control/audit ". . She also said that " a lady has threatened my life once because, my husband investigated a case involving her and recommended that her services be terminated".

I pondered for a few minutes how I will cope if I were he? Control/Audit officers/Managers can you relate?

Why would someone in Audit recommend the termination of a staff? He clearly crossed the line. He sounds like a despicable human. Church, mba, office, mba. Even his yard/street people mba. He should amend his ways

2 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Flyingngel(m): 12:49pm On Nov 18, 2021
Every occupation comes with it own hazard but there is a clear difference between being strict and being wicked. The two can't go together.

1 Like

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by samsard(m): 12:49pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ussycool:
I am not a Audit officer nor a Manager but from the look of things, every job has two side of it. If you are harsh type (tough boss) that lack human sympathy, then 80% of your coleagues will hate you.

The man in question is to be blame, he should have understand that his relationship with people around him matters a lot.
My piece.
Harsh in Nigeria means you're a principled person. Nigerians love compromised individuals but complain about bad leadership

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by kwasoly(m): 12:50pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ussycool:

My piece.

Not true bro, from my experience in the industry I came to realize that the ICU guys are hated because they tend not to compromise when they do their job accurately without mixing it with feelings.

ICU are the detectives in the bank that safeguard the assets,etc against internal and external crime.
If they become too friendly there is a tendency for them to compromise. The bottom line is if you know what you are doing then you shouldn't be scared or hate them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by shopwiser: 12:50pm On Nov 18, 2021
JBoss25:
Are you serious about him wanting to kill you?
yess.. I am very serious...I was shown dagger and i ran away...when i got close to the military personnel... They stopped chasing me... Better be careful you all in the name of trying to do business.....

2 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by shopwiser: 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2021
deepwater:
the truth is that you yourself shouldnt even like your job.....
it just pays the bills.

imagine the world is designed to provide you with all you need in life, would you still dedicate 12 hours a day to your job for free?
not to mention daily additional 6 hours spent on lagos traffic?
its about the money returns not the career!

but we all pretend we like the career and not the money undecided

by the way to thye guy below me

you did not shop wiser

i agree.. life is an experience.. thank you very much
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Olatara(f): 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ussycool:

My piece.
A manager is different from an Auditor.
Everyone automatically hate an Auditor. They audit the tiniest thing, which links everyone in the company.

If you're an Auditor, sorry oh!
I don't like you.
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by femi4: 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2021
Hideki:
A childhood friend who works in the financial sector invited my family and I for his child's dedication. I honoured the invitation with my family but I observed that a section of the hall that was reserved for his colleagues was almost empty.

He was also not popular in church hence, only few members were present. The hall was about 20% filled. Thank God I went with my family at least we occupied space.

After the ceremony I asked his wife if he didn't inform his colleagues, she said " they hate him at the office, they hate him because he is in control/audit ". . She also said that " a lady has threatened my life once because, my husband investigated a case involving her and recommended that her services be terminated".

I pondered for a few minutes how I will cope if I were he? Control/Audit officers/Managers can you relate?
What about Church members too? Is he also in audit department in the Church? Tell your guy to look inward and check himself. They are not telling you the WHOLE Truth

4 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by diplomat058(m): 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2021
PROPEACE:

This kind of thinking is the reason why your country is still labelled third world! Looking the other way when things are going wrong is exactly what you call "having human sympathy". We admire the developed world from afar but don't know that "lacking human sympathy" is what got them that far! That is why I pity anyone that sacrifice themselves for this country. We always cry wicked leaders! Wicked leaders! But we absolutely deserve them. We are too wicked to Nigeria to be able to stand good leaders, we'd kill them in a week!
I wish I could like your comment a hundred time. Nigerians have found a way to wrap impunity and corruption in a garment of subtle blackmail and appeals to nonsensical sentiments. You be hearing sentences like "No one is perfect" "He is my brother/Sister" "I beg you in God's name" "It's devil's work" "God knows best" and other sorts of trashy submissions designed to excuse evils under the guise of empathy/spirituality

10 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by obainojazz(m): 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ussycool:

My piece.
Then you have no idea about the role of an Auditor. He’s to ensure the controls put in place works and not to be smiling teeth while watching fraud happen lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by vickydevoka(m): 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2021
shopwiser:
Any body that deal with this guy will regret.. he is a thief impersonatiolng being an officer plus he is a ritualist.. i barely escaped with my life 2 days ago... Police is on the matter... His guy almost stab me 2 days ago...i was stabbed in my hands inside the same barracks....I tried purchasing his redmi note 9s and i was scammed 43k... Aje... on my ancestors i will hunt you down... You can't escape...you will see...

This is his number.. 09131490899. He calls himself Lieutenant ifeanyi.

The account number he uses to steal is

2040300362 FIRST BANK

BRINGIDE AMBER ROSE

I have pictures of the guy too...

He is a thief... Serious thief
U Didn't he give u ifeanyis account number with his name on it. Please people shouldn't neglect red flags.

If u call him with true caller n ifeanyi didn't appear on his phone please forget about it. If he gives u an account number that is not his name forget it. Na greedy people Dem de always scam na so my pastor talk am n na true

1 Like

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Olatara(f): 12:58pm On Nov 18, 2021
tetengi4life:
Me and control guys are gud especially those lenient ones. But the harsh ones that sees everyone as thief are always lonely even on the football field we don't play with them because they will use it against you and recommend you to the disciplinary committee.
Haha! If Dem toast you, just gree. If not...
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by shopwiser: 12:59pm On Nov 18, 2021
vickydevoka:

U Didn't he give u ifeanyis account number with his name on it. Please people shouldn't neglect red flags.

If u call him with true caller n ifeanyi didn't appear on his phone please forget about it. If he gives u an account number that is not his name forget it. Na greedy people Dem de always scam na so my pastor talk am n na true
it didn't oh...plus i have voice note and evidence.. if you wanna listen......the dude even calls me a fool... As a student i even stand bigger chance.. i hustle for money and when I'm done i will work and earn.. but this fool.... swindle people of their money...I have reported to the Nigerian Army sha... A response was made.. lets seee whatsup...

The thief name on Nairaland is Cripsyfairly and even see his account is jus created plus he deleted the ads as soon as he found out I'm out for him....From today i would never mercy for thieves again.. i promise

Cripsyfairly you are a bornfool... Threatening me with my location on top of my money... I dare you to come out from your hiding place...you would see .. grin.. you no even sabi scam properly.... grin

Follow this Nairaland link to read our chat conversation.

https://www.nairaland.com/6850405/

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by timbs001(m): 1:01pm On Nov 18, 2021
Rgade:
Like QA and testers in the IT sector.
I’m sure those ones too would be receiving death threats from developers.

This got me laughing cheesy
It's not that bad though. QA's are friends to developers in making sure a good product is developed.

1 Like

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Olatara(f): 1:01pm On Nov 18, 2021
Gboliwe:

Why would someone in Audit recommend the termination of a staff? He clearly crossed the line. He sounds like a despicable human. Church, mba, office, mba. Even his yard/street people mba. He should amend his ways
Maybe he is an introvert grin
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Ussycool: 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
obainojazz:
Then you have no idea about the role of an Auditor. He’s to ensure the controls put in place works and not to be smiling teeth while watching fraud happen lol
I am learn. Thanks
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by emmanuelbrown26: 1:03pm On Nov 18, 2021
shopwiser:
yess.. I am very serious...I was shown dagger and i ran away...when i got close to the military personnel... They stopped chasing me... Better be careful you all in the name of trying to do business.....
The best u can do is to create a thread on phone, business, investment and crime sections of Nairaland a d narrate what took place
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Ussycool: 1:04pm On Nov 18, 2021
Olatara:
A manager is different from an Auditor.
Everyone automatically hate an Auditor. They audit the tiniest thing, which links everyone in the company.

If you're an Auditor, sorry oh!
I don't like you.
Whaat? So it is true that they hate auditor... I weak o
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by olowococoa: 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
It's normal and common thing to happens to a truthful auditor. A friend of mine who happened to be an internal audit manager really experience such hate at the company where he works from the corrupt staffs, who belief he was witch hunting them.

5 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by vickydevoka(m): 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
shopwiser:
it didn't oh...plus i have voice note and evidence.. if you wanna listen......the dude even calls me a fool... As a student i even stand bigger chance.. i hustle for money and when I'm done i will work and earn.. but this fool.... swindle people of their money...I have reported to the Nigerian Army sha... A response was made.. lets seee whatsup...

The thief name on Nairaland is Cripsyfairly and even see his account is jus created plus he deleted the ads as soon as he found out I'm out for him....From today i would never mercy for thieves again.. i promise

Cripsyfairly you are a bornfool... Threatening me with my location on top of my money... I dare you to come out from your hiding place...you would see .. grin.. you no even sabi scam properly.... grin
The did same toe through my in-law, I told him de were scammers he declined, na untill de chop us reach 25k I tell am say make we pause. Na so de guy begin abuse us. Abusing or shouting for ur client is a strategy use by scammers. It works especially on dating scam.
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by olawaley12(m): 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
My view to this matter is a normal phenomenon of life if he's not strict as an auditor many things will crash at the firm, if he's too strict things will also crash at the firm. He just have to find a way to be neutral at his own quater of the firm and he should be sensitive and humane. Because little people counts too
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by shopwiser: 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

The best u can do is to create a thread on phone, business, investment and crime sections of Nairaland a d narrate what took place
yes bro... I'm on that .. he doesn't know what will hit him soon ..plus i wasn't even trying to involve my parents cos of the shame on my part.. i was even pleading with the thief, he built his confidence.. now I'm going to put him to where he rightfully belongs....I have started preparing every legal action on this thieve... And that account name he used... I don't care who she is.. they must pack her too and join

Painful part is that he is secretly viewing all these grin
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by vickydevoka(m): 1:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
shopwiser:

Follow this Nairaland link to read our chat conversation.

https://www.nairaland.com/6850405/
What really happened when u met him
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by shopwiser: 1:10pm On Nov 18, 2021
vickydevoka:

The did same toe through my in-law, I told him de were scammers he declined, na untill de chop us reach 25k I tell am say make we pause. Na so de guy begin abuse us. Abusing or shouting for ur client is a strategy use by scammers. It works especially on dating scam.
God bless you... You fully understand.. plus they will try to play with your emotions... Wetin i no beg this guy with ... He would tell me... He would send it by so so so time.. time will reach i will call him... He would start talking cock and bull and be finding fault unnecessary with me...over two days now...he refused to send....we tried to do a business and I was being honest and based on trust thinking he is a military man... I wired 43k... The next thing i started hearing story... Plus threat ..and some guys that wanted to stab me that day.... threatening me to leave the barracks right away....omo ehn .. shame no gree me tell my people..but I'm glad they finally know and was even telling me i should have told them since... grin it's well for that guy....ooo whatever comes... I don't really have a forgiven spirit sha
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by emmanuelbrown26: 1:10pm On Nov 18, 2021
shopwiser:
yes bro... I'm on that .. he doesn't know what will hit him soon ..plus i wasn't even trying to involve my parents cos of the shame on my part.. i was even pleading with the thief, he built his confidence.. now I'm going to put him to where he rightfully belongs....I have started preparing every legal action on this thieve... And that account name he used... I don't care who she is.. they must pack her too and join

Painful part is that he is secretly viewing all these grin
Mention me whenever u create it also where did u meet the bastard, is it on Nairaland?
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Ofadaman(m): 1:10pm On Nov 18, 2021
His job isn't the problem ,he is...
He's just using his job role as an excuse for his shitty vengeful character .
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by shopwiser: 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2021
vickydevoka:

What really happened when u met him
its a long story i could send a vn on WhatsApp if you are willing... Jus come through my signature sir ....i will explain the whole thing... person no go make me commit suicide sha....if i lose some...i gain some...by God grace....was holding that money tightly ooo not spending it ..but someone came and take it away...omo curse don follow am on God . ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Modern Work Place Vs Old Work Place: Why New Firms Are Taking Over / 3 African Tips For Starting Small & Growing Big In Your Business & Career / Business Process Outsourcing??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.