Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please (34600 Views)

I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. / Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by MA23: 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Timekeeper: 12:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:
Serious advice needed please
God bless you sir
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by addexx: 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:
Serious advice needed please

I must commend you for this. Minding our business has cost us a lot of lives in this country. We no longer our brothers keeper.
When she comes for her phone, agree to release it on condition that you both would go to the nearest police station to report and get necessary information on the right channels to involve in this matter. This is a step to avoiding a major disaster.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Timekeeper: 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2021
Born2Breed:
You have done your best. Retreat before it's too late.

The stupid woman opened her leg for a drunkard to impregnate her 6x. Just watch as the 7th child comes in next year.

Retreat where.. The man shud be buried alive...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Benitoh: 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2021
Some people think say to marry na to come chop.

Married people are really suffering and smiling.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Timekeeper: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
MJBOLT:
you are worried for her life undecided
If the woman was worried for her own life,she would have dumped that man long ago, better focus on your business.

Rubbish....
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by guass(m): 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
Report to their LANDLORD, and if that continues the Landlord can give them quit notice. Because if the woman dies in that compound the Landlord could be detained.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Realdeals(m): 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
Lordswazz:
Sometimes I wonder what will make an adult so stupid as to tolerate being wantonly abused and trampled upon. It’s not like he provides anything for her and the kids; he’s evidently useless to himself and society. So what’s the foolish woman’s reason for staying with an animal that’s working overtime to make her life and the lives of their children a living hell?

Even if she has no relatives that care about her or they’ve given up on her, does she have no sense of self-worth or purpose? Na wah o!

Why worry? It's a Nigeria thing. Same manner Nigerians are being abused and trampled on by political elites. Yet, they will still rout and clamour for them next election, it is called Stockholm syndrome.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Candidlady: 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
Since you dont want to mind your busines(barbing salon).. Accomodate the wife and her kids!

people in the area before you, that chose to stay out of the man's busines(drinkin/bullyin), you think they dont have sense ko?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by aAK1(m): 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2021
You have done your best but this won’t end well for you if you don’t step back now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by awa(m): 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
@OP,

You have tried by posting this here as a starting point. I know sometimes doing good in 9ja often leads to danger but God will protect you.

Having said that, you can inform any good and responsible NGO around there to take it up. If all your effort do not yield desired result, please leave them next time they are fighting.

I wonder the future of this country. Neighbors will see evil and pretend as if it doesn't concern them. Ohhhhh.... Where is the humanity in us?
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by addexx: 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2021
aAK1:
You have done your best but this won’t end well you if you don’t step back now.

This is not a good advice
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Sterope(f): 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
It is most likely he raped her!

Born2Breed:
You have done your best. Retreat before it's too late.

The stupid woman opened her leg for a drunkard to impregnate her 6x. Just watch as the 7th child comes in next year.

1 Like

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by professore(m): 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:
I will be as brief as possible.
I recently opened a barbing salon shop. Within the area I opened this shop, there's this couple living there. The man does nothing for a living. He's a drunkard. The woman on the other hand sells black market fuel and oil to make ends meet.

They gave birth to 6 children (yes, you heard right). Since I entered that street, I noticed a serious domestic violence going on in that family. The man after drinking, uses his wife and children as punching bags. This is not occasionally. On a daily. I'm seriously disturbed. A little arguement and the man goes straight to the woman's fuel and oil and pours everything away.

Even when he's the one provoking the woman, he goes to the woman's properties and starts damaging everything.

The worst is that no body in the street says anything. They all say they are used to them.
I'm seriously disturbed because the man always threatens to pour fuel on the woman and set her ablaze always.

On many occasions, he carries huge sticks to kill the woman like a snake.
People around always say he can't do it. On my side, I'm really disturbed, because I have seen where domestic violence caused a disaster. I fear that one day, the man might carry out his threats.

Today a serious fight broke out between the man and the wife. The man was beating the last born of the house that's just a year plus like a mad man. The wife couldn't bear it anymore and faced the man. He was beating all of them like animals. Looking for cutlass and 2by2 to use on them. People were passing and didn't even care. I couldn't bear it anymore. He was trying to smash the woman's phone on the main road. One small girl went to rescue the woman and the phone. The way this man flung the lady eeh, that was when I stepped in, collected the phone and told the man that if he tried touching the woman and the children again, I would bury him alive. I was very mad. I asked the woman what he's still doing with the man. Or is she waiting for people to carry her corpse before she flees for her life? The phone is still with me. I'm confused on what to do.

This man needs to be stopped before a disaster strikes. It's just a matter of time. I fear for the woman's life seriously.
What can I do to help the situation guys. I'm really disturbed.
Op you have tried. But my advice now that you also need to be careful with that man. You don't know what is going on in his mind towards you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Jollylolly(f): 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2021
Report to the nearest police station or area division or command...Let them take it up...
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by massinola(m): 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
Candidlady:
Since you dont want to mind your busines(barbing salon).. Accomodate the wife and her kids!
Coming from a lady? I guess this is one of the reasons why people see such a scenerio and look away. I should mind my business when your fellow gender's life is in danger. This is seriously ridiculous

7 Likes

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Kinterez(m): 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
OP you no sabi drama oo..I was thinking you carry the man knack ground then yawa burst...the story no suppose finish for there na
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by joyandfaith: 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:
I recently opened a barbing salon shop. Within the area I opened this shop, there's this couple living there. The man does nothing for a living. He's a drunkard. The woman on the other hand sells black market fuel and oil to make ends meet.

They gave birth to 6 children (yes, you heard right). Since I entered that street, I noticed a serious domestic violence going on in that family. The man after drinking, uses his wife and children as punching bags. This is not occasionally. On a daily. I'm seriously disturbed. A little arguement and the man goes straight to the woman's fuel and oil and pours everything away.

Even when he's the one provoking the woman, he goes to the woman's properties and starts damaging everything.

The worst is that no body in the street says anything. They all say they are used to them.
I'm seriously disturbed because the man always threatens to pour fuel on the woman and set her ablaze always.

People around always say he can't do it. On my side, I'm really disturbed, because I have seen where domestic violence caused a disaster. I fear that one day, the man might carry out his threats.

Today a serious fight broke out between the man and the wife. The man was beating the last born of the house that's just a year plus like a mad man. The wife couldn't bear it anymore and faced the man. He was beating all of them like animals. Looking for cutlass and 2by2 to use on them. People were passing and didn't even care. I couldn't bear it anymore. He was trying to smash the woman's phone on the main road. One small girl went to rescue the woman and the phone. The way this man flung the lady eeh, that was when I stepped in, collected the phone and told the man that if he tried touching the woman and the children again, I would bury him alive. I was very mad. I asked the woman what he's still doing with the man. Or is she waiting for people to carry her corpse before she flees for her life? The phone is still with me. I'm confused on what to do.

This man needs to be stopped before a disaster strikes. It's just a matter of time. I fear for the woman's life seriously.

You have done well. Go to Social and welfare department in local government to report.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Gudbadguy: 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2021
Candidlady:

people in the area before you, that chose to stay out of the man's busines(drinkin/bullyin), you think they dont have sense ko?
Honestly u r a useless person for allowing such words come out of ur mouth.that woman can be killed at anytime

3 Likes

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Coolgent(m): 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:

Locate Naptip or human right office in the state and guide the Woman on how to go about it.
If care isn't taking those 6 innocent children will be orphans.

May almighty God bless your hustling for this kind act.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by sonofElElyon: 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
TundeWX:
cry
The sad truth is there's nothing you can do,there's no child welfare programs in naija unlike other more developed countries.the only thing you can do is to find an NGO around and report the case.but bear in mind that the victim(wife) and people around will blame you(maybe even accusing you of sleeping with d wife sef) for interfering in a "family matter" if the man is locked up,its sad but thats the way things work in Nigeria.seen it happen many many times,it never ends well.
Like I said earlier...there's nothing you can do.

There's a department in Lagos State government that handles gender violence.. I don't know in which state this is happening though..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Candidlady: 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:

Coming from a lady? I guess this is one of the reasons why people see such a scenerio and look away. I should mind my business when your fellow gender's life is in danger. This is seriously ridiculous

what do you think you can do?

fight the man?
advice the woman?
report the man to the right authorites?

uncle please again mind your business... The best you can do is advice the woman to leave/end the relationship..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Gudbadguy: 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
Op thanks for ur intervention but watch ur back.he fit have bad thought towards u for having the guts to stop him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by joyandfaith: 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
addexx:

I must commend you for this. Minding our business has cost us a lot of lives in this country. We no longer our brothers keeper.
When she comes for her phone, agree to release it on condition that you both would go to the nearest police station to report and get necessary information on the right channels to involve in this matter. This is a step to avoiding a major disaster.

I think human right commission and welfare department in local government are good places to report this. Police will spoil the case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Gkemz: 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
Thank you for preventing the psychopathic maniac from fulfilling his threat. If every other person in the neighborhood are like you, his madness would have been curtailed long ago.
My old mother used to say "Faeces smells offensively bad because it's allowed to smell."
Because they neighborhood allowed him, that's why 'a good for nothing' drunkard beats his wife as if he owns her life.

1 Like

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by joyandfaith: 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
Candidlady:

what do you think you can do?

fight the man?
advice the woman?
report the man to the right authorites?

uncle please again mind your business... The best you can do is advice the woman to leave/end the relationship..

Bolded is right thing to do. Life is precious.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by CSTRR: 12:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
I know a girl that is currently suffering such in her husband's house.

The man beats her black and blue.

Small girl that is not up to 30.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by datola: 12:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
Please report to Lagos State Government agency against domestic violence.

LASG does not joke with issues like this

Ministry of Justice, Government, Secretariat Rd, Alausa, Lagos
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 4PM
Phone: 0800 033 3333

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Kholiwe(f): 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:
Baba leave the woman jare, she dey enjoy the panel beating, if not tell me why a woman would be enduring the beating up till this stage, also for people to be passing without saying anything shows that the woman is really enjoying it
You are a mad man. May your mother experience those beating. Foolish pig
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by joyandfaith: 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2021
Candidlady:

They may not have sense or they don't have will or resources to do right things.
If the woman dies and the children enter streets, you may be victim of their criminal activities.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 19, 2021
MJBOLT:
you are worried for her life undecided
If the woman was worried for her own life,she would have dumped that man long ago, better focus on your business.

Victim bonding or Stockholm syndrome at play here. I worry for their kids. They'll probably grow to become very damaged adults capable of doing worse than their dad did to others. Many of these kind of people are on nairaland already.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by CSTRR: 12:56pm On Nov 19, 2021
If I be woman eh, my first criteria for a partner would be meekness and a genuine fear of God.

That fear of God is highly disregarded, but it will save you a lot in the future as a woman.

If you enter the wrong marriage, your life would be a living hell and worse, after you have dropped kids.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less / What To Do If Your Partner Is Avoiding You? / Couple Killed By Robbers Shortly After Landing Nigeria For Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.