Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please (34588 Views)

I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. / Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Spherical77(m): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2021
guass:
Report to their LANDLORD, and if that continues the Landlord can give them quit notice. Because if the woman dies in that compound the Landlord could be detained.
And you consider this as an advise that'd help the poor woman?
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
Jman06:
Op, mind your business!

All the time here we read stories of how ladies take their loving husbands for granted and met out all manner of ill treatment against them. No one raises an eyebrow.

And just in this single case of a man trying to reset his wife, you're there forming hero and hoe saver! I just wish that man could do you some strong thing so you can learn how not to poke nose. If you were protecting the little child involved, I would have supported you, but I'm suspecting you have an eye on that man's wife. grin cool

Meanwhile, did the woman complain to you If she doesn't want the marriage anymore, I'm sure she knows the way to her father's house. I'm almost certain that that man's iron hand is what is sustaining that marriage, so face your front op.

PS: make una no mind this my post above, I dey vex with women because they're all confused creatures and I'm officially tired of trying to figure out what vagina people want. In short, my head don dey pain me sef.

Abi, J. Cole says she a hoe, she shallow, don't save her!

1 Like

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by dapadawee: 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
The best thing you can do is to report the man to the nearest police station. Involving yourself directly is not wise.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
first whatever help you want to render, be rest assured you're leaving that vicinity soon. so is either you mind your business or help the woman and her kids without showing face

that man might descend on you and a dead man don't talk, please you can only advise the woman, nothing will change if she's not ready to leave that marriage

I can bet my balls he may not pay her Bride price

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
Jman06:
Op, mind your business!

All the time here we read stories of how ladies take their loving husbands for granted and met out all manner of ill treatment against them. No one raises an eyebrow.

And just in this single case of a man trying to reset his wife, you're there forming hero and hoe saver! I just wish that man could do you some strong thing so you can learn how not to poke nose. If you were protecting the little child involved, I would have supported you, but I'm suspecting you have an eye on that man's wife. grin cool

Meanwhile, did the woman complain to you If she doesn't want the marriage anymore, I'm sure she knows the way to her father's house. I'm almost certain that that man's iron hand is what is sustaining that marriage, so face your front op.

PS: make una no mind this my post above, I dey vex with women because they're all confused creatures and I'm officially tired of trying to figure out what vagina people want. In short, my head don dey pain me sef.

Abi bro, na every highly logical man head dey pain because of confused vagina people na.

1 Like

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by CrownDthrone: 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
Hmmm it is well.. my landlord and his wife na story 4 anoda day
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Yankee101: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2021
Call the police, give them small change and ask them to lock him up for 3 days until he's sober.

And watch your back

Ask her to save up money and leave with her kids
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 2:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
Curious345:
from 30yrs, your olosho clients go dey flash you oo, na you go dey call them...

I can see you're like 33 yrs already..

More life baby, more life.. You fine small shaa

She a bad bitch, she a bad bitch in M.I. voice lol grin
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
Jman06:
You are not helping any humanity. If you wanted to help humanity, you should have just taken away the small child, called the man and speak to him man to man. Perhaps, you need a crash course on how to help humanity!
But what you did is "operation save the hoe" and that attitude is that of pathetically beta SIMPle guys! Real guys don't do that!

You can say that again! Guy doesn't know he is a Captain Save A Hoe and defender of the universe. I won't be surprised if he thinks women shit roses and can do no wrong lol SMH. I know them as I have one as a father. Women seem to like their ilk though SMH.

1 Like

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by mekuso89(m): 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2021
TundeWX:
cry
The sad truth is there's nothing you can do,there's no child welfare programs in naija unlike other more developed countries.the only thing you can do is to find an NGO around and report the case.but bear in mind that the victim(wife) and people around will blame you(maybe even accusing you of sleeping with d wife sef) for interfering in a "family matter" if the man is locked up,its sad but thats the way things work in Nigeria.seen it happen many many times,it never ends well.
Like I said earlier...there's nothing you can do.
Very true
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2021
You are a good man. Try documenting it and posting it on Twitter perhaps help might come her way and she can finally leave the marriage.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Kelvinhunta: 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
No he is not pathetic, though ur interest in d matter suggested u have an eye for the married woman,what I still don't understand is y u will focus on saving a sane adult that didn't call for help instead of a 1year old that really needs the help. Am still advising u to mind ur business instead of breaking up her marriage when she is not done yet
massinola:

And in a bid to register your dissatisfaction and frustration, you had to accuse me of having an eye for a married woman because I was helping humanity? You are so pathetic and should always weigh your words before using them. Good day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by OChimex: 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:
I will be as brief as possible.
I recently opened a barbing salon shop. Within the area I opened this shop, there's this couple living there. The man does nothing for a living. He's a drunkard. The woman on the other hand sells black market fuel and oil to make ends meet.

They gave birth to 6 children (yes, you heard right). Since I entered that street, I noticed a serious domestic violence going on in that family. The man after drinking, uses his wife and children as punching bags. This is not occasionally. On a daily. I'm seriously disturbed. A little arguement and the man goes straight to the woman's fuel and oil and pours everything away.

Even when he's the one provoking the woman, he goes to the woman's properties and starts damaging everything.

The worst is that no body in the street says anything. They all say they are used to them.
I'm seriously disturbed because the man always threatens to pour fuel on the woman and set her ablaze always.

On many occasions, he carries huge sticks to kill the woman like a snake.
People around always say he can't do it. On my side, I'm really disturbed, because I have seen where domestic violence caused a disaster. I fear that one day, the man might carry out his threats.

Today a serious fight broke out between the man and the wife. The man was beating the last born of the house that's just a year plus like a mad man. The wife couldn't bear it anymore and faced the man. He was beating all of them like animals. Looking for cutlass and 2by2 to use on them. People were passing and didn't even care. I couldn't bear it anymore. He was trying to smash the woman's phone on the main road. One small girl went to rescue the woman and the phone. The way this man flung the lady eeh, that was when I stepped in, collected the phone and told the man that if he tried touching the woman and the children again, I would bury him alive. I was very mad. I asked the woman what he's still doing with the man. Or is she waiting for people to carry her corpse before she flees for her life? The phone is still with me. I'm confused on what to do.

This man needs to be stopped before a disaster strikes. It's just a matter of time. I fear for the woman's life seriously.
What can I do to help the situation guys. I'm really disturbed.

Just get the woman's father, mother, brother or sister call them and tell them, if them no act, na their sister dead body them come carry.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Kelvinhunta: 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
Lol... That watch ur back caught me. In reality, remember 'what God has joined together, let no one put asunder' getting police involved may lead to divorce . Even if the man don't contribute to the family, his presence solves alot of hidden problems, if u doubt then ask widows. Marital problems are handled with caution and not stiff actions. Who is wrong is never d issue but how do we go forward is d solution
Yankee101:
Call the police, give them small change amd ask them to lock him up for 3 days until he's sober.

And watch your back

Ask her to save up money and leave with her kids
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Randal: 3:06pm On Nov 19, 2021
What location is this happening?

What state?

massinola:
I recently opened a barbing salon shop. Within the area I opened this shop, there's this couple living there. The man does nothing for a living. He's a drunkard. The woman on the other hand sells black market fuel and oil to make ends meet.

They gave birth to 6 children (yes, you heard right). Since I entered that street, I noticed a serious domestic violence going on in that family. The man after drinking, uses his wife and children as punching bags. This is not occasionally. On a daily. I'm seriously disturbed. A little arguement and the man goes straight to the woman's fuel and oil and pours everything away.

Even when he's the one provoking the woman, he goes to the woman's properties and starts damaging everything.

The worst is that no body in the street says anything. They all say they are used to them.
I'm seriously disturbed because the man always threatens to pour fuel on the woman and set her ablaze always.

People around always say he can't do it. On my side, I'm really disturbed, because I have seen where domestic violence caused a disaster. I fear that one day, the man might carry out his threats.

Today a serious fight broke out between the man and the wife. The man was beating the last born of the house that's just a year plus like a mad man. The wife couldn't bear it anymore and faced the man. He was beating all of them like animals. Looking for cutlass and 2by2 to use on them. People were passing and didn't even care. I couldn't bear it anymore. He was trying to smash the woman's phone on the main road. One small girl went to rescue the woman and the phone. The way this man flung the lady eeh, that was when I stepped in, collected the phone and told the man that if he tried touching the woman and the children again, I would bury him alive. I was very mad. I asked the woman what he's still doing with the man. Or is she waiting for people to carry her corpse before she flees for her life? The phone is still with me. I'm confused on what to do.

This man needs to be stopped before a disaster strikes. It's just a matter of time. I fear for the woman's life seriously.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by 001spice: 3:16pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:

Oga u have did your part. Now get the police inform and return back her phone becaful b4 they may start accusing you of sleeping with the woman
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by SunTzu123(m): 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
TundeWX:
cry
The sad truth is there's nothing you can do,there's no child welfare programs in naija unlike other more developed countries.the only thing you can do is to find an NGO around and report the case.but bear in mind that the victim(wife) and people around will blame you(maybe even accusing you of sleeping with d wife sef) for interfering in a "family matter" if the man is locked up,its sad but thats the way things work in Nigeria.seen it happen many many times,it never ends well.
Like I said earlier...there's nothing you can do.

Actually a lot could be done. Lagos state has a domestic violence response team. OP, tell the woman to go to Alausa (ministry of justice), ask for the sexual and domestic violence response team. They are very effective and responsive.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by TundeWX: 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2021
SunTzu123:

Actually a lot could be done. Lagos state has a domestic violence response team. OP, tell the woman to go to Alausa (ministry of justice), ask for the sexual and domestic violence response team. They are very effective and responsive.
Heard about something like this...but there are more into Rape/incest/child custody crimes ...no harm in OP trying them out sha
Good suggestion
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by dinomcjohn: 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
Op, you've done a good job. God bless you. Pls try and find a way to make the woman understand she needs to leave the man or leave the house with the children until this boiling issue is resolved. I hate things like this. How can a man turn his wife into a punching bag? It is NEVER acceptable. That man needs to be FLOGGED..Please immediately call the woman or arrange to report at the Human Rights Division of the nearest Police Station. This nonsense must stop.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Kikimart(f): 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2021
Is the location in Lagos? There's an agency in charge of domestic violence(DSVRT), Just google the name and you can fill an online form, they will step in. It's the least you can do for her else she may loose her life or the kids in the process
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by tibatobi: 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:

The ministry of Justice ,department that is in charge of domestic violence is Dsvrt,they are inside Alausa secteriat. Call: 08000333333,https://www.dsvrtlagos.org
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by bukatyne(f): 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:

Seriously. I was just imagining how the woman could be so stupid. I'm just worried for her life

Until the woman stops being stupid, there is nothing you can do.

She is married to a very irresponsible man (let's forget she chose him) and birthed six kids.

Not one or two she can feed herself; six!

Then she continues enabling a man who is a drunk, financially irresponsible, a waster and a terrible influence to the kids.

What in God's name is keeping her in that marriage without looking for a solution (if she is inclined to stay?)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by domchike(m): 3:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
I would hve ask you to report him at the nearest police station but I remembered they are worst
Get some area guys together wait anytime the man tries such again make u guys come togather buy cane and wipe the demon of the man
Their are some craze you treat that way
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by cmecproblem(m): 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
Na soldier fit this case. But the woman will begin to beg for him. When drilling starts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Crieff(m): 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
SocialJustice:
The part when go shock you na when the woman go tell you say e be like say you want destroy her sweet marriage. Omo, mind your business.

You don't deserve the moniker you bear.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Born2Breed(f): 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
ADMAF:

Born2Breed. You have betrayed your moniker!

....not born to breed like chicken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Havesomesense(m): 4:14pm On Nov 19, 2021
Make several videos of the man beating his wife and children first as evidence before you involve yourself in their issue.
But minding your business is the best option.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by professore(m): 4:20pm On Nov 19, 2021
Kholiwe:

Keep quiet. If you are a coward say so and keep shut.
is this how to attract a guy you admire so much? Because I know you certainly want my attention. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Born2Breed(f): 4:21pm On Nov 19, 2021
alizma:

People like you end up making similar mistake because you can't reason properly. Why insulting the woman when you don't know there background, do you think the man was like that and the woman agreed to settle down with him?
Secondly you said the OP had done his best and should retreat. When did nairaland become women affairs commission? Rather than advise him to report the issue to an NGO handling cases of that nature your are indirectly threatening a man that is willing to help.

I don born finish according to the number I desired.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Born2Breed(f): 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2021
Valuc:
why u cnt talk without insult.. wots stupid there now..

Insult ke? I'm only calling a thing by its name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by sisisioge: 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:

My brother, you have tried. Disaster will surely happen. Too bad the woman has signed her death warrant with the man. Recently a news broke about an eight month pregnant woman beaten to death by her husband....same husband had been physically abusing her for ages. She even lost a similar aged pregnancy during one of the past attacks. Unfortunately, the most recent took her life. Unless you get involved, which may mean trouble for you, there isnt much you can do. Afterall, this isn't a case of a financially unproductive woman fearing doing it alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Lokojatoofar: 4:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:
Serious advice needed please

Thank you all for the advice so far and ones still to come.

Better not involve yourself openly and physically in such a violent mans matter. The day he will pour petrol in your shop and burn you in it, I wont type RIP. The person they are beating up and down is still standing strong, enduring the love strokes yet you want to go and show yourself?
Since you ask for advise just go and anonymously alert an NGO so they can take it up from there. Dont let him know that you are the one involved unless you are ready to face a vicious backlash should he decide to unleash his anger on you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What To Do If Your Partner Is Avoiding You? / Woman Births Triplets In Lagos, Dies After (Photos) / Pretty Bride Cries As She Kneels Before Her Mother In Adorable Wedding Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.