Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please (34584 Views)

I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. / Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 20, 2021
purefacti:
cc:Datboredberry
Yes? smiley

Do you want me to advice the op? Or you mentioned me to make a point that sometimes, domestic violence is the woman's fault?

Honestly, I think most women tolerate a lot of bullshit.. but aren't they expected to?

How many women have been advised to abandon their cheating husband? Few...

We're told to turn a blind eye to his adultery, to ignore that he's a drunk...

Women are raised to be wives and mothers... To be resilient... No matter how much it costs us... We are expected to keep the family afloat...

I hope for a time when women realise marriage isn't necessity... Or a do or die affair... That they can live on their own as complete individuals...

As for people blaming the woman for marrying the man out of lust, it's quite convenient for them to forget that that's most men settle down with women they are only sexually attracted to.

If a woman marries a man she desires, it's not a reason to say she deserves being beaten...

Everyone makes mistakes... I'm not sure how the op knows that she's not stupidly inlove with the scumbag though... The woman is probably old now... I'm not sure she's still being consumed by lust...

All in all, if this were happening in my neighbourhood... I would definitely arrest the man...

But you want to know the irony, bitter truth? The police would advice her to back... To try to work things out...

And as for welfare? What agency do we have that's truly dedicated to protecting the rights of women?

We're nothing more than cattle... To be beaten, raped...

That's Nigeria... I have nothing to say...
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by alexola20(m): 5:14am On Nov 20, 2021
I stopped pitying women.Yes I stopped pitying them.A lot of them deserve what they are getting.
You will be shocked that the same woman put the man in this mess.
No man wants to be unfortunate.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Beey(f): 6:02am On Nov 20, 2021
massinola:
I will be as brief as possible.
I recently opened a barbing salon shop. Within the area I opened this shop, there's this couple living there. The man does nothing for a living. He's a drunkard. The woman on the other hand sells black market fuel and oil to make ends meet.

They gave birth to 6 children (yes, you heard right). Since I entered that street, I noticed a serious domestic violence going on in that family. The man after drinking, uses his wife and children as punching bags. This is not occasionally. On a daily. I'm seriously disturbed. A little arguement and the man goes straight to the woman's fuel and oil and pours everything away.

Even when he's the one provoking the woman, he goes to the woman's properties and starts damaging everything.

The worst is that no body in the street says anything. They all say they are used to them.
I'm seriously disturbed because the man always threatens to pour fuel on the woman and set her ablaze always.

On many occasions, he carries huge sticks to kill the woman like a snake.
People around always say he can't do it. On my side, I'm really disturbed, because I have seen where domestic violence caused a disaster. I fear that one day, the man might carry out his threats.

Today a serious fight broke out between the man and the wife. The man was beating the last born of the house that's just a year plus like a mad man. The wife couldn't bear it anymore and faced the man. He was beating all of them like animals. Looking for cutlass and 2by2 to use on them. People were passing and didn't even care. I couldn't bear it anymore. He was trying to smash the woman's phone on the main road. One small girl went to rescue the woman and the phone. The way this man flung the lady eeh, that was when I stepped in, collected the phone and told the man that if he tried touching the woman and the children again, I would bury him alive. I was very mad. I asked the woman what he's still doing with the man. Or is she waiting for people to carry her corpse before she flees for her life? The phone is still with me. I'm confused on what to do.

This man needs to be stopped before a disaster strikes. It's just a matter of time. I fear for the woman's life seriously.
What can I do to help the situation guys. I'm really disturbed.
Arrange a few boys to handle that man when drunk & give him a stern warning about touching the wives or kids. Option 2 would be to arrange for a soldier to act as I though he lives in the neighborhood. Let him warn that man against touching his wife and children or he’ll expire.LOL all acting though. See how that works out.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by aldonem(m): 8:09am On Nov 20, 2021
Our women are not courageous enough to leave marriages due to domestic violence especially the uneducated and unestablished ones. its so pathetic.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by stacyadams: 10:59am On Nov 20, 2021
aldonem:
Our women are not courageous enough to leave marriages due to domestic violence especially the uneducated and unestablished ones. its so pathetic.
grin grin grin

How can they leave when they depend solely on men..
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 1:25pm On Nov 20, 2021
Mancrossfire:

Stupid people prioritize their fantasies over their future. Some women are plain stupid, they can even think of the future of their unborn children when choosing a partner. They make decisions with their perverts mind

You can say that again! But they will say that is how they were wired choosing how they feel over common sense.

1 Like

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Lokojatoofar: 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2021
yemi1504:

Beating na love strokes kwanu? grin, to the stupid lady in question who is the bembe Nabiu victim lol, na love strokes sha lol SMH.

Some women consider violence to mean love o cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 3:09pm On Nov 20, 2021
Lokojatoofar:

Some women consider violence to mean love o cheesy

grin
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by purefacti(m): 4:06pm On Nov 20, 2021
Datboredberry:
Yes? smiley

Do you want me to advice the op? Or you mentioned me to make a point that sometimes, domestic violence is the woman's fault?

Honestly, I think most women tolerate a lot of bullshit.. but aren't they expected to?

How many women have been advised to abandon their cheating husband? Few...

We're told to turn a blind eye to his adultery, to ignore that he's a drunk...

Women are raised to be wives and mothers... To be resilient... No matter how much it costs us... We are expected to keep the family afloat...

I hope for a time when women realise marriage isn't necessity... Or a do or die affair... That they can live on their own as complete individuals...

As for people blaming the woman for marrying the man out of lust, it's quite convenient for them to forget that that's most men settle down with women they are only sexually attracted to.

If a woman marries a man she desires, it's not a reason to say she deserves being beaten...

Everyone makes mistakes... I'm not sure how the op knows that she's not stupidly inlove with the scumbag though... The woman is probably old now... I'm not sure she's still being consumed by lust...

All in all, if this were happening in my neighbourhood... I would definitely arrest the man...

But you want to know the irony, bitter truth? The police would advice her to back... To try to work things out...

And as for welfare? What agency do we have that's truly dedicated to protecting the rights of women?

We're nothing more than cattle... To be beaten, raped...

That's Nigeria... I have nothing to say...

what a long speech anyway the reason why I tagged you is that i thought that maybe u would know somebody that know somebody that can her situation i really felt for her if her situation is as bad as op potrays
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 20, 2021
purefacti:

what a long speech anyway the reason why I tagged you is that i thought that maybe u would know somebody that know somebody that can her situation i really felt for her if her situation is as bad as op potrays
grin

Don't mind me... I honestly know no one... I've lost hope in the system... smiley
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by zoedew: 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2021
massinola:
I will be as brief as possible.
I recently opened a barbing salon shop. Within the area I opened this shop, there's this couple living there. The man does nothing for a living. He's a drunkard. The woman on the other hand sells black market fuel and oil to make ends meet.

They gave birth to 6 children (yes, you heard right). Since I entered that street, I noticed a serious domestic violence going on in that family. The man after drinking, uses his wife and children as punching bags. This is not occasionally. On a daily. I'm seriously disturbed. A little arguement and the man goes straight to the woman's fuel and oil and pours everything away.

Even when he's the one provoking the woman, he goes to the woman's properties and starts damaging everything.

The worst is that no body in the street says anything. They all say they are used to them.
I'm seriously disturbed because the man always threatens to pour fuel on the woman and set her ablaze always.

On many occasions, he carries huge sticks to kill the woman like a snake.
People around always say he can't do it. On my side, I'm really disturbed, because I have seen where domestic violence caused a disaster. I fear that one day, the man might carry out his threats.

Today a serious fight broke out between the man and the wife. The man was beating the last born of the house that's just a year plus like a mad man. The wife couldn't bear it anymore and faced the man. He was beating all of them like animals. Looking for cutlass and 2by2 to use on them. People were passing and didn't even care. I couldn't bear it anymore. He was trying to smash the woman's phone on the main road. One small girl went to rescue the woman and the phone. The way this man flung the lady eeh, that was when I stepped in, collected the phone and told the man that if he tried touching the woman and the children again, I would bury him alive. I was very mad. I asked the woman what he's still doing with the man. Or is she waiting for people to carry her corpse before she flees for her life? The phone is still with me. I'm confused on what to do.

This man needs to be stopped before a disaster strikes. It's just a matter of time. I fear for the woman's life seriously.
What can I do to help the situation guys. I'm really disturbed.
Lodge a complaint at the nearest police station and ask for police protection. The police should charge him to court appropriately and bind him over to keep the peace in the neighbourhood. Do it in good time before your life is imperilled.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by purefacti(m): 4:51pm On Nov 21, 2021
Datboredberry:
grin

Don't mind me... I honestly know no one... I've lost hope in the system... smiley

ok but losing hope is not the best as far as we are still breathing there is hope so we keep pushing till our mission is accomplished
remember rome is not built in a day
a journey of a thousand steps begins with a step
never give up and may the good Lord bless our hustle
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by TheKingsmann(m): 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2021
Kholiwe:

You meet your mother at Sandfill cheesy cheesy. Yes bring evidence of meeting your mother at Sandfill. This bastard will die today cheesy cheesy
Mynd44, justwise, seun Rule 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What To Do If Your Partner Is Avoiding You? / Woman Births Triplets In Lagos, Dies After (Photos) / Pretty Bride Cries As She Kneels Before Her Mother In Adorable Wedding Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.