Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,601 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star (15477 Views)

Nigerian Tennis Star In The 90s Now On The Streets / Sexual Assault Allegations: Naomi Osaka Voices Concern Over Chinese Tennis Star / Mercurial Superfly 7: Nike Releases Ronaldo's Signature Boots "Shuai" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by funkybroyouknow: 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
Apprehension grows over missing Chinese Tennis star
By Babafemi Busari

A purported email released by Chinese state media has people worried about the missing Tennis player.

The ongoing search by fans of the missing Tennis star, Peng Shuai, is growing in apprehension levels. After an email that was purportedly penned by her was released by Chinese state media, CGTN, that claims she is “safe and currently resting at home”. The email was supposedly directed to the president of the Women’s Tennis Association to ask them to allow her privacy and stop making statements about her.

Peng Shuai recently went missing after she made a post accusing a top Chinese official of sexual assault through her social media. Since then, the post has been removed from her social media page whilst every trace of the popular tennis star has been scrubbed off the Chinese internet. This has her fans and colleagues alike worried about her safety.

The suspiciousness of the email that supposedly emanated from Shuai was even more suspicious as it recanted on the sexual assault claims that she made before her sudden disappearance. The statement read “Regarding the recent news released on the official website of the WTA, the content has not been confirmed or verified by myself and it was released without my consent,” the letter said.

"The news in that release, including the allegation of sexual assault, is not true. I’m not missing, nor I am unsafe. I’ve just been resting at home and everything is fine. Thank you again for caring about me.”

Her disappearance has been spoken about by prominent people in Tennis with Naomi Osaka especially expressing shock over Shuai’s sudden disappearance.

The two-week-long search for Peng Shuai has grown especially scary after the email emerged with fans wondering about the kind of treatment that could be meted on her since she disappeared. With other prominent people having suffered similar fates in the past in the hands of the Chinese government, one of which was Jack Ma who disappeared for 3 months before resurfacing and becoming a shadow of his former bubbly self.

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/apprehension-grows-over-missing-chinese-tennis-star/44t05vy

2 Likes

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Ussycool: 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2021
Mstww

Chinko business

Make i go fry my egg.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by vibbb: 6:07am On Nov 19, 2021
They will use technology to find her.

1 Like

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by peacettw: 6:07am On Nov 19, 2021
My God! The Chinese government should be very careful not to bite off more than they can chew.

The world is already apprehensive of them and in time, her citizens may revolt against these incessant attacks on their rights and liberty

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Naijaguy12345(m): 6:07am On Nov 19, 2021
Her government must have kidnapped her for tarnishing the politician’s image. Fear communist government.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Olutozn54(m): 6:07am On Nov 19, 2021
Hope it not suicide
Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by RealAdewole(m): 6:08am On Nov 19, 2021
When it comes to silencing their citizens nigeria is still learning from china. China do not care if you are rich or famous

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Thevisualchef: 6:09am On Nov 19, 2021
Hmmmmm
Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Skooltynz: 6:09am On Nov 19, 2021
I thought its only in Nigeria such things happen .... shocked

Wooowww YABATECH has just extended the deadline for partime form sales till further notice, but it is advisable to purchase the form early so you can make the first list coming out December, post utme form will soon be out too, we are here to make your Admission an easy one, if interested click the link below to get all the info you need.

https://www.nairaland.com/6806313/yabatech-part-time-form-2021-2022#106807249
Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by chiedu7: 6:09am On Nov 19, 2021
They have disappeared her like in Nigeria
Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Mayour11(m): 6:10am On Nov 19, 2021
Missing people everywhere.

Nowhere is safe anymore.
Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Ekakamba: 6:10am On Nov 19, 2021

No be only for Nigeria people dey abuse power sha.

Dem even wipe her info off the Chinko internet, chai! Chinko wicked.

undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by WorkSage: 6:11am On Nov 19, 2021
K

2 Likes

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by BigDawsNet: 6:12am On Nov 19, 2021
I hope they secure her soon alive

In the meantime make them check NK territory
Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by tillaman(m): 6:13am On Nov 19, 2021
angry

1 Like

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Emk5556: 6:14am On Nov 19, 2021
The human government will continue to fail. The worst from them is not here yet. God remains the ultimate. Choose today. Make up your mind today.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Kharol1234: 6:17am On Nov 19, 2021
Chinese
Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Legacyy(m): 6:17am On Nov 19, 2021
Maybe the Chinese government are using her for experiment in the lab
Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Arewa12: 6:18am On Nov 19, 2021
Chinese government at it again
Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by kayttah(m): 6:19am On Nov 19, 2021
Jack ma once did the same and wasn't seen for a while. Chinese government ehn...

3 Likes

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Okwuapkunaonu(m): 6:20am On Nov 19, 2021
Nawa oo
Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by treatise: 6:23am On Nov 19, 2021
peacettw:
My God. The Chinese government should be very careful not to bite more than they can chew.

The world is already apprehensive of them and in time, their citizens may revolt against these incessant attacks of their rights and liberty
It's tilting toward that already. China is going to bubble up and possibly break up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by pacespot(m): 6:23am On Nov 19, 2021
Xi Jinping, the dictator

But Chinese seem to be happy with their own way of governance. Except in the Hong Kong, I have not seen Chinese protesting against their Communist government dictatorship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Nickshrapnel: 6:23am On Nov 19, 2021
Ussycool:
Mstww

Chinko business

Make i go fry my egg.
Stop calling Chinese people that, it is derogatory.

1 Like

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by iampeterben(m): 6:27am On Nov 19, 2021
I just pray Chinese government doesn't have an hand in this.
Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by authority2006(m): 6:28am On Nov 19, 2021
Skooltynz:
I thought its only in Nigeria such things happen .... shocked

Nigeria citizens have absolute freedom including abusing and saying derogatory statements to your president. Ironically, Nigerians like you somehow still believed that you don't have freedom. Lol

10 Likes

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Skooltynz: 6:29am On Nov 19, 2021
authority2006:

Nigeria citizens have absolute freedom including abusing and saying derogatory statements to your president. Ironically, Nigerians like somehow still believed that you don't have freedom. Lol

Because we are a democracy,china is a communist state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by DabuIIIT: 6:31am On Nov 19, 2021
These women do actmlike babies at times...is there anything out of the ordinary if an adult man makes advances at you?
Ain't you at liberty to consent or not? Any little thing and they will start reeling out bulshhhyt as if they don't go to toilet grin

1 Like

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Casan0va: 6:31am On Nov 19, 2021
B
Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Scamburster(m): 6:32am On Nov 19, 2021
Skooltynz:

Because we are a democracy,china is a communist state.
Lecture that dimwit.

5 Likes

Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by Boogyman557: 6:32am On Nov 19, 2021
Holly Gram cool WTF MAN
Re: Peng Shuai: Apprehension Grows Over Missing Chinese Tennis Star by BlackfireX: 6:33am On Nov 19, 2021
I am just hearing the name for the first time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone On Wednesday 9th February @ 7pm Nig Time / Juan Mata Signs Fresh Manchester United Contract Extension / Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.