Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,004 members, 7,814,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

How Would You Know That He Doesn’t Know What To Do Or About Christ And What His - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Would You Know That He Doesn’t Know What To Do Or About Christ And What His (466 Views)

In Israel, You Will Be Jailed For Preaching About Christ. / Prophet Livingston Kwame: If You Marry Jesus Christ And Nag, He Will Dump You / Holy Names In Celestial Church Of Christ And Their Uses In Psalms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Would You Know That He Doesn’t Know What To Do Or About Christ And What His by Kobojunkie: 12:57am On Nov 19, 2021
COPIED OVER
artimisfowler:
How would you know that he doesn’t know what to do or about Christ and what His fellowship entails?

Sometimes man thinks he is filled to the brim but all he needs to do is to simply empty his cup and the Holy One will penetrate and bring true wisdom. I believe that you do need to read more widely and the scripture more deeply. I’m not a religious zealot nor do I dabble in such non-profitable arguments.

I also want you to understand that every portion of the scripture addresses a particular issue or aims to achieve a specific objective and should not be generalised so to say. You must never generalise the Holy book on the basis of your eisegesis, if you know what I mean.

Also to correct the impression of leaving God out of discussions, well, I make bold to say to you my brother that you’re wrong. Because God so loved man that He gave His only Son for him, people deserve to always have God, His Love and saving power introduced or refreshed in their memories even when they are in trouble or in destitution, in fact especially then, for that may be when they may appreciate God most, when was the last time a wealthy happy man remembered to go on his knees in prayer to God? Ok when was the last time a bed-sick person with a terminal disease like cancer or say a person in police cell remembered God and cried to Him? My guess may be as good as yours…everyday!

Let me take you back to the Bible, there are too many instances in the Bible to mention here of how God patiently allowed His people (free will) to act in ways that seemed right to them until they fell and then, came He to show his might and power to save when man is powerless. Just look at the story of Samson, ok what about Apostle Paul, the man whom He used to write about half of the Bible you and I read today.

Have you thought about Solomon, what are your thoughts about the thief whom was crucified along side Christ? Did he sell all of his possession to give to the poor before He received that Divine Grace? Did He even have the time?

Did Jesus at that critical moment “leave God out of that discussion, in order not to confuse the thief”?

Haba my brother, you need to rethink the basics of your Christianity. What makes an educated person of the 21st century is the ability to learn, unlearn and relearn. You’ve made me write more than I intended to but I hope it’s for the best, if it helps someone...Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How Would You Know That He Doesn’t Know What To Do Or About Christ And What His by Kobojunkie: 1:24am On Nov 19, 2021
artimisfowler:

1 ■ How would you know that he doesn’t know what to do or about Christ and what His fellowship entails?

2 ■Sometimes man thinks he is filled to the brim but all he needs to do is to simply empty his cup and the Holy One will penetrate and bring true wisdom. I believe that you do need to read more widely and the scripture more deeply. I’m not a religious zealot nor do I dabble in such non-profitable arguments.

3■I also want you to understand that every portion of the scripture addresses a particular issue or aims to achieve a specific objective and should not be generalised so to say. You must never generalise the Holy book on the basis of your eisegesis, if you know what I mean.

4■ Also to correct the impression of leaving God out of discussions, well, I make bold to say to you my brother that you’re wrong. Because God so loved man that He gave His only Son for him, people deserve to always have God, His Love and saving power introduced or refreshed in their memories even when they are in trouble or in destitution, in fact especially then, for that may be when they may appreciate God most, when was the last time a wealthy happy man remembered to go on his knees in prayer to God? Ok when was the last time a bed-sick person with a terminal disease like cancer or say a person in police cell remembered God and cried to Him? My guess may be as good as yours…everyday!

5■Let me take you back to the Bible, there are too many instances in the Bible to mention here of how God patiently allowed His people (free will) to act in ways that seemed right to them until they fell and then, came He to show his might and power to save when man is powerless. Just look at the story of Samson, ok what about Apostle Paul, the man whom He used to write about half of the Bible you and I read today.

6■Have you thought about Solomon, what are your thoughts about the thief whom was crucified along side Christ? Did he sell all of his possession to give to the poor before He received that Divine Grace? Did He even have the time?

7■Did Jesus at that critical moment “leave God out of that discussion, in order not to confuse the thief”?

8■Haba my brother, you need to rethink the basics of your Christianity. What makes an educated person of the 21st century is the ability to learn, unlearn and relearn. You’ve made me write more than I intended to but I hope it’s for the best, if it helps someone...Cheers!
1. The majority of the so-called Christians out there do not know or understand that Salvation is not free, let alone that Jesus Christ requires you sell everything you, give it all away to the poor, in order to enter to gain a ticket for Heaven, beginning here on earth. undecided

2. What you spew there is typical doctrine from your Pastors and Mogs but has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. I am neither a religious zealot myself that is why I know to keep God and His mention out of that which has nothing to do with Him. undecided

3. The only portion of scripture that Jesus Christ sent His disciples to teach the world is the Gospel according to the Kingdom of God, the New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God which He taught to them while He was here on earth , nothing else. This Law, the details of it, are found written of in the 4 Gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. undecided

4. Even Jesus Christ didn't discuss His teachings with everyone He came across. He didn't offer His Gospel to the Pharisees. He made it severally known in His teachings that the Truth He spoke was intentionally kept hidden from those it wasnt meant for- Matthew 13 vs 10 - 17.. The same Jesus Christ even cautioned His followers not to cast that which is holy to dogs neither their pearls to pigs. undecided

It Is of Jesus Christ that we not insert God into every discussion and situation. We are meant to allow Him take the lead and decide when and when not not - that choice isn't meant for us to make of our own. undecided

5. This isn't about stories of men but God's very own Law, the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, as presented In the Gospels. undecided

6. Solomon wasn't a Christian I.e. called by Jesus Christ. Instead Solomon was of the Old Covenant LA of Moses, God's agreement with those who are of the blood of Jacob - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20, but I believe Solomon ended dying an idol worshipper. undecided

As for the man on the cross, he too was of the Old Covenant Law of Moses and not of the New Covenant Law, Jesus Christ , and so His pardon on the cross was according to God's Law in Ezekiel 33 vs 9 - 20 specifically verses 14 to 16. Another telling fact of this is obtained from what Jesus Christ told the thief on the cross about being in paradise with Him, Jesus Christ , that very day. Jesus Christ didn't go to Heaven that day - He didn't until about two weeks after His Death - so Paradise isn't the Christian Heaven at all. undecided

7. Jesus Christ did not preach the Gospel to that thief on the cross, so the man couldn't have been one of His followers. Instead , what Jesus Christ did was encouraged the thief in his Old Covenant beliefs - all Jews are born bound to the Old Covenant and taught of it from childhood. By his own repentance, this on the cross, the thief earned God's forgiveness according to Ezekiel 33 vs 9 - 20 and this was what Jesus Christ chat was in reference to. undecided

8. The basics of Christianity, according to Jesus Christ, is the Gospel which is God's New Covenant Law and we are called to Live our lives in continuous submission and obedience of said Law. We err when we attempt to add or remove from. God's Law or even take it upon ourselves to assume we know and understand better than God in these things. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Is Christianity A Selfish Religion ? / Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy – Oyedepo Warns / Tithing And Christian Ignorance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.