Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. (1290 Views)

FG Lists Tinubu’s Achievements In 2023 / Reno Omokri Lists President Tinubu’s Achievements In One Week / Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by jesmond3945: 11:05am On Nov 19, 2021
alanto:
Yesterday there was a thread that asked Nairalanders to discussed who would be the next Nigerian President.
My crime was mentioning Tinubu.
I’ve had over 50 mentions and still counting.
Now there’s a pattern like never seen before. I mean this is the first time I’m seeing so much people talk down Tinubu’s strides in Lagos.
Like for the first time I’m reading anywhere that Tinubu’s tenure was bad for Lagos. Got me thinking maybe I’ve been misinformed so I created this thread.
I’ve read from everyone that think Tinubu is a bad presidential candidate. But I need people that are better informed about Tinubu’s policy and projects in Lagos. Because of non Lagosian, non Nigerians and some people that were too young in between 99 to 2007 to witness BAT governance.

NB: Please this thread is for Tinubu’s achievement.
Let’s see if there will be any before anybody derail the thread.
Thank you.

Modified: I’m aware there’s already a thread discussing my comment from yesterday thread. Please leave the hate on that thread and comment here constructively.
Even if na page 20m you meet the thread I have booked space that I will post contributions.
Children of hate and perdition have arrived and they are trying to take over the front page but I have reserved space for reasonable comments, because I expect them to try and spam the thread.
Thank you.
tell tinubu to open oyinbo market so that the poor can see food to eat.
Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by alanto: 11:49am On Nov 19, 2021
jesmond3945:
Lol. The hate is real but why?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by softwareman(m): 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2021
DanHaske:
You want to hear the truth? Tinubu is popular among politicians, but he isn't among the masses. Furthermore, the number of his political allies in his party equals his political foes. Between Tinubu and Osibanjo, 95% Nigerians will choose Osibanjo. Stop forcing him down our throats please.
Nobody is. You are entitled to your views and those of us who believe Tinubu are entitled to ours.
The choice to love or hate him is also each person's prerogative.
As for popularity, am surprised you do not know that it is a politician's that promotes a candidate's popularity in their domain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by softwareman(m): 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
jesmond3945:
Idiotic comment. Tinubu is not the chairman of local government.
Is like asking peter obi to ask his IPOB terrorists comrades to stop killing souls in the south East. After all, like Tinubu, he is also a former Governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by udemzyudex(m): 1:07pm On Nov 19, 2021
Golan007:
How can someone think Tinubu is a bad candidate yet wants us to believe Peter Obi is a good candidate?

Peter is younger and agile
Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by alanto: 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2021
udemzyudex:

Peter is younger and agile
I don’t understand do President run marathon?
Na so una talk buhari. But the man has almost finish his term and insecurity and nepotism are they only problem of Buhari. He’s doing well considering there’s not enough money for him to use. Buhari has done many things for this country but you can surprise me. Tell me two things Jonathan did for Nigerians. Two!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by udemzyudex(m): 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
alanto:

I don’t understand do President run marathon?
Na so una talk buhari. But the man has almost finish his term and insecurity and nepotism are they only problem of Buhari. He’s doing well considering there’s not enough money for him to use. Buhari has done many things for this country but you can surprise me. Tell me two things Jonathan did for Nigerians. Two!

What's the meaning of do president run marathon, do you like the way Buhari have been gallivanting with state resources to London for medical checks up every now and then?

Do you even listen to him when he talks? You ask him one question, he answers another thing, the other time we heard he has ear problem plus the dementia issue now, is that what you want?

If you think insecurity and nepotism is the only problem of Buhari then I have to stop this conversation with you, nothing meaningful will come out of it, have a nice day.
Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by alanto: 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
udemzyudex:

What's the meaning of do president run marathon, do you like the way Buhari have been gallivanting with state resources to London for medical checks up every now and then?

Do you even listen to him when he talks? You ask him one question, he answers another thing, the other time we heard he has ear problem plus the dementia issue now, is that what you want?

If you think insecurity and nepotism is the only problem of Buhari then I have to stop this conversation with you, nothing meaningful will come out of it, have a nice day.
Baba have you seen Buhari medical report? Or Tinubu’s?
Two years ago y’all atikulated though Atiku is older than Tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by DanHaske: 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
softwareman:

Nobody is. You are entitled to your views and those of us who believe Tinubu are entitled to ours.
The choice to love or hate him is also each person's prerogative.
As for popularity, am surprised you do not know that it is a politician's that promotes a candidate's popularity in their domain.
It doesn't work like that everywhere.
No politician promoted Buhari's popularity in the north, they rather rode on it.
Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by MrMaestro: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
jesmond3945:
Tell your kinsmen to stop being dirty and clean the market before you give us all cholera. She was right to close the market.
Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by MrMaestro: 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2021
alanto:

Baba have you seen Buhari medical report? Or Tinubu’s?
Two years ago y’all atikulated though Atiku is older than Tinubu
I’ve come to the conclusion that Igbos really do fear the Yorubas coming into their own political power. They’ve attempted to handicap them at every level because they KNOW once given the opportunity we will be entrenched in power at the federal level irrespective of if we’re president or not. They don’t really fear the Fulanis like they do Yorubas. They know if a true Yoruba from Yoruba soil were to become president we won’t only control the most economically prosperous region, but also the presidency. Entrenching power that even northerners can’t reach. This scares them because we would effectively achieve what they initially wanted to do since before the Civil War.

They’ve tried to prevent this by voting in Obasanjo (who has an Igbo mother) over MKO Abiola, knowing MKO was the preferred candidate of the region. But this time is different. People are adhering to history. Yorubaland has never truly had their prime Yoruba choice to become president. 2023 will be the first time. And Nigeria will be better because of it. Hate him or love him, Tinubu is able to put in plans of succession. If he can create the Lagos Masterplan as far back as 1999, I’m sure he has learned a lot from that experience and do better for Nigeria as a whole using his experience in 2023.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by alanto: 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
MrMaestro:
I’ve come to the conclusion that Igbos really do fear the Yorubas coming into their own political power. They’ve attempted to handicap them at every level because they KNOW once given the opportunity we will be entrenched in power at the federal level irrespective of if we’re president or not. They don’t really fear the Fulanis like they do Yorubas. They know if a true Yoruba from Yoruba soil were to become president we won’t only control the most economically prosperous region, but also the presidency. Entrenching power that even northerners can’t reach. This scares them because we would effectively achieve what they initially wanted to do since before the Civil War.

They’ve tried to prevent this by voting in Obasanjo (who has an Igbo mother) over MKO Abiola, knowing MKO was the preferred candidate of the region. But this time is different. People are adhering to history. Yorubaland has never truly had their prime Yoruba choice to become president. 2023 will be the first time. And Nigeria will be better because of it. Hate him or love him, Tinubu is able to put in plans of succession. If he can create the Lagos Masterplan as far back as 1999, I’m sure he has learned a lot from that experience and do better for Nigeria as a whole using his experience in 2023.
I’m going to vote for the first time in my life comes 2023. My vote will go for BAT. But if he doesn’t contest then it’s not time for me to vote because I don’t see anyone else I could vote.
Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by jesmond3945: 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2021
MrMaestro:
Tell your kinsmen to stop being dirty and clean the market before you give us all cholera. She was right to close the market.
you are a fool. Both Yoruba and igbo use the market.
Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by alanto: 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
udemzyudex:

Tell me what Jonathan did to better the lives of Nigerians don’t chicken out
Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by jesmond3945: 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2021
softwareman:

Idiotic comment. Tinubu is not the chairman of local government.
Is like asking peter obi to ask his IPOB terrorists comrades to stop killing souls in the south East. After all, like Tinubu, he is also a former Governor.
but his daughter is not the chairman of any lga when she closed it and the father looked the other way.
Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by jesmond3945: 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2021
alanto:

Lol. The hate is real but why?
hate? I rather hate so that the poor can live. Afterall the traders are begging him to open the market.
Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by Ovamboland(m): 2:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
Biafrarep:

Still talking rubbish and giving unreasonable excuses. Does Lagos share its IGR with other states too? Is Lagos not getting allocations from oil revenue even when it does not produce oil? Is Lagos not enjoying oil MNC tax even when their operations are in Niger Delta? So whatever you think Lagos gives out, it gets in return from other places in Nigeria!!

I once lived in Lagos years back and couldn't stand the hobbesian nature of life there and I moved out.

That's how you guys keep decieving yourselves, Lagos should never use other states in Nigeria to benchmark itself because that's stupidity. Lagos should be benchmarking itself against its mates like Johannesburg, Nairobi, Cairo etc and those cities are advancing fast while Lagos keeps comparing itself with other states in Nigeria and be bragging with mediocrity.

I'm really ashamed of you all supporting a character like Tinubu to rule Nigeria, it shows how messed up your mindset is.

The mayor or governor of Johannesburg or Cairo are not in contention to be Nigeria's president, the fact is no other sub-national leader has taken revenue increase for their state from the level they met it to where they left it the way Tinubu did in his time. In the case of Lagos, Tinubu met 600m monthly IGR and took it to 15bn monthly within 8 years over 2000% increase. Which other leader contending for president in 2023 has such a record of public service? Which other leader in that 1999-2007 set had such record? How many percentage increase in FG revenue happened under Obasanjo in 8 years?
Almost every other state came to copy from Lagos theor own version of LASTMA, LAMATA, LIRS, LAWMA etc and may other deveopment agencies Tinubu founded to run Lagos. Why did those who ran Lagos before Tinubu not make Lagos far more livable than Johannesburg, Cairo, Cape Town? Where are the Metro, railway, Hospital, World class schools they built before Tinubu spent 8 years?

Where did the other contenders for president in 2023 turn to Dubai, Johannesburg, etc when they held executive power? What are there records in their place of work or business that beats what Tinubu has achieved?
Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by Ovamboland(m): 2:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
Chapii:
All members of Lagos State house of Assembly are TouTs. The worst speaker in SW is Mudashiru Obasa a confirmed Thug. The late Senator Osinowo cannot make a complete sentence in good English but he was a senator courtesy Tinubu. The Oluremi Thug is there. Touts everywhere on the street of Lagos. Sending out thugs to destroy votes in PDP strongholds during Atiku buhari elections. Osun Formula, replicated in Kano, Bullion Van ... I can go on and on. Tinubu is the worst thing that has happened to this country in modern history because without Tinubu we could not have had Buhari.

Late Senator Osinowo is likely more educated than 98% of the people in your lineage and i will leave it at that.
Most of those thugs in Lagos are from all over Nigeria and the rules of citizenship makes it difficult to deport them to their states of origin.
You even blame Tinubu for the outcome of the elections in Kano, that means he will be more than a president over you, he will be a kind of god to you.
Re: A Thread For Tinubu’s Achievements. by crazyclown(m): 12:28pm On Dec 16, 2021
alanto:

Lol. You left Lagos because it was filthy and moved to IMO? grin
You need to change your moniker to crazyclown you funny die.
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Like Buhari Like Tinubu / Atiku Vs Tinubu: Who Is A Better Candidate For The Presidential Election? / 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.