Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,123 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? (5295 Views)

Siblings Who Ignore You Because You Look A Certain Way? / Know This Any Time You See A Man Bragging That He Has Slept With A Certain Lady / Why Do Women Smell A Lot During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 19, 2021
It's just a simple question: Do black people smell different from whites? And Asians from Middle Easterners? undecided

I watched a YouTube video recently... A guy interviewed students in his University abroad if they would date someone of a different race.

Most were women... I noticed that a few said no, because..."Indians smell like curry"..."Black men have a strong smell"..."White's kinda smell like dish water"... Others were downright racist! cry

I tried to get an answer online... But didn't find any.

Note: I'm addressing this question to those who've interacted with others of different races... I've met Indians, Europeans and Asians... But I never thought to smell them...

I thought they were all okay!

But have you noticed that people of a different race smell the same and different from blacks?

And this isn't a thread to bash anyone... I'm not asking if your "mother" and "sisters'" vaginas skink... So any idiot who wants to imply that should kindly f**k off.

If you've worked with Indians... Americans... Europeans... Middle Easterners and noticed they all have distinct smells... Just comment what it's like and if there's a reason.

Do blacks smell strongly to others?

Do Indians smell like garlic or curry?

What of Middle Easterners?

Or are all these just racist? Because I think it is to imply that people smell a certain way cause of their race... But is there some truth to it?

1 Like

Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by pretydiva(f): 8:39am On Nov 19, 2021
Not sure it's base on race tho. But I know the white's has this kinda smell, same with the indians

Some of our naija men own strong no be small
Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by SenecaTheYonger: 8:41am On Nov 19, 2021
The smell from our armpits are due to certain factors, sweat (odorless), bacteria (feed on protein in sweat and creates odor), and genetics (affects the type of odor)

I know for a fact that East Asians don’t have body odor at all because they lack a certain gene. In fact, the concept of deodorant is foreign to them.

8 Likes

Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 19, 2021
pretydiva:
Not sure it's base on race tho. But I know the white's has this kinda smell, same with the indians

Some of our naija men own strong no be small
Culture? Africans use lots of herbs... Would that give us a weird strong smell?

Indians eat garlic and curry...

I've always suspected that Arabs have a dusky smell... Like spice!

But I've never thought to smell any foreigner... I wonder if they smell blacks!!!

What do Whites smell like? Can you give an example?

As for Naija... Maybe just lack of good hygiene... But black men in general... Do they smell like us because of the same skin colour?

5 Likes

Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 19, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
The smell from our armpits are due to certain factors, sweat (odorless), bacteria (feed on protein in sweat and creates odor), and genetics (affects the type of odor)

I know for a fact that East Asians don’t have body odor at all because they lack a certain gene. In fact, the concept of deodorant is foreign to them.
Wow! But the other races! Why do people say we smell differently!

How can Indians smell like garlic? It doesn't make sense.. but everyone agrees...

And why do they say blacks have a strong smell... Very strong...
Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by ValCon888: 9:10am On Nov 19, 2021
If you're looking for an apartment, you can tell by the smell of the house that it has been inhabited by an Indian.

The worst thing that can happen to you is to be trapped in an elevator with Indians.
Your nose go tell you.

8 Likes

Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by AoifeNightfall: 9:15am On Nov 19, 2021
One Arab woman I knew smelled like garlic and that's because she liked eating it and I hate garlic. I hate standing near Nigerians who eat garlic too because they smell like it.

BTW I THINK NIGERIAN MEN STINK THE MOST ICK!!!! They smell like they haven't brushed or bathed for 50 days and then they try to use perfume to cover the smell and they end up smelling like perfumed shit!!!

lkillbrokehoes can relate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Nyascobar1414: 9:19am On Nov 19, 2021
AoifeNightfall:
One Arab woman I knew smelled like garlic and that's because she liked eating it and I hate garlic. I hate standing near Nigerians who eat garlic too because they smell like it.

BTW I THINK NIGERIAN MEN STINK THE MOST ICK!!!! They smell like they haven't brushed or bathed for 50 days and then they try to use perfume to cover the smell and they end up smelling like perfumed shit!!!

At least it's cleaner than your vagina...

14 Likes

Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by SenecaTheYonger: 9:21am On Nov 19, 2021
Datboredberry:
Wow! But the other races! Why do people say we smell differently!

How can Indians smell like garlic? It doesn't make sense.. but everyone agrees...

And why do they say blacks have a strong smell... Very strong...

Indians eat a lot of spices so it could affect the kind of protein in their sweat and the kind of bacteria that feed on them producing that distinctive odor.

I don’t know about strong smell when it comes to blacks. I think anyone will smell “strongly” if they don’t practice good personal hygiene daily.

For instance, blacks/ whites, Indians, etc in underdeveloped villages will smell more strongly than those living in developed cities, due to hygiene, nature of food, cloths and cloth hygiene, soap, etc.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by AoifeNightfall: 9:25am On Nov 19, 2021
Nyascobar1414:

At least it's cleaner than your vagina...

I've got a penis sir.

4 Likes

Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Nyascobar1414: 9:26am On Nov 19, 2021
AoifeNightfall:

I've got a penis sir.
Ok ma!

13 Likes

Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 19, 2021
ValCon888:
If you're looking for an apartment, you can tell by the smell of the house that it has been inhabited by an Indian.

The worst thing that can happen to you is to be trapped in an elevator with Indians.
Your nose go tell you.
Are you serious?! I know most Nigerians don't like Indians because of the things they do in the country...

But sentiments aside... Are you really serious?
Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 19, 2021
AoifeNightfall:

No hate post!!! This is a general discussion... Nigerian men and women... Do we stink? Like what!!!
Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 19, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

Indians eat a lot of spices so it could affect the kind of protein in their sweat and the kind of bacteria that feed on them producing that distinctive odor.

I don’t know about strong smell when it comes to blacks. I think anyone will smell “strongly” if they don’t practice good personal hygiene daily.

For instance, blacks/ whites, Indians, etc in underdeveloped villages will smell more strongly than those living in developed cities, due to hygiene, nature of food, cloths and cloth hygiene, soap, etc.
Thanks! I guess it's racism... People saying we all have distinct smells because of our race...

The Indians I've met smell okay... smiley
Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by SenecaTheYonger: 9:35am On Nov 19, 2021
Datboredberry:
Thanks! I guess it's racism... People saying we all have distinct smells because of our race...

The Indians I've met smell okay... smiley

Yup.
Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by AoifeNightfall: 9:40am On Nov 19, 2021
Datboredberry:
No hate post!!! This is a general discussion... Nigerian men and women... Do we stink? Like what!!!

Chimamanda talked about something like this in her novel Half of a Yellow Sun. In the novel Olanna makes reference to the way Ugwu smells (I think, I'm not too sure) and Odenigbo says that's how people from the village smell. And that he used to smell like that. The way they talked about it in the novel, you'll know it is an unpleasant smell.

But Chimamanda didn't compare people from other races.

I think black people smell because of bad hygiene. I also heard East Asians do not smell, I haven't googled it, don't know how true it is.

But people can have a particular smell for various reasons like the food they eat, hygiene etc

I don't think a particular race can have a particular smell. It's something that's individual.

2 Likes

Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 19, 2021
AoifeNightfall:

Chimamanda talked about something like this in her novel Half of a Yellow Sun. In the novel Olanna makes reference to the way Ugwu smells (I think, I'm not too sure) and Odenigbo says that's how people from the village smell. And that he used to smell like that. The way they talked about it in the novel, you'll know it is an unpleasant smell.

But Chimamanda didn't compare people from other races.

I think black people smell because of bad hygiene. I also heard East Asians do not smell, I haven't googled it, don't know how true it is.

But people can have a particular smell for various reasons like the food they eat, hygiene etc

I don't think a particular race can have a particular smell. It's something that's individual.

One of my favourite novels. smiley

Thanks! It made me feel weird... hearing those racist... It's weird to think you have a weird smell simply cos you're black...or white or Indian...

I'm glad everyone has been so mature!
Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Smartb0y: 10:21am On Nov 19, 2021
Datboredberry:
One of my favourite novels. smiley

Thanks! It made me feel weird... hearing those racist... It's weird to think you have a weird smell simply cos you're black...or white or Indian...

I'm glad everyone has been so mature!
are you satisfied now?
Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by lexuswagon: 11:28am On Nov 19, 2021
Only Nigerian girls smell most especially their pussy.

5 Likes

Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Mrscarter(f): 11:51am On Nov 19, 2021
Datboredberry:
It's just a simple question: Do black people smell different from whites? And Asians from Middle Easterners? undecided

I watched a YouTube video recently... A guy interviewed students in his University abroad if they would date someone of a different race.

Most were women... I noticed that a few said no, because..."Indians smell like curry"..."Black men have a strong smell"..."White's kinda smell like dish water"... Others were downright racist! cry

I tried to get an answer online... But didn't find any.

Note: I'm addressing this question to those who've interacted with others of different races... I've met Indians, Europeans and Asians... But I never thought to smell them...

I thought they were all okay!

But have you noticed that people of a different race smell the same and different from blacks?

And this isn't a thread to bash anyone... I'm not asking if your "mother" and "sisters'" vaginas skink... So any idiot who wants to imply that should kindly f**k off.

If you've worked with Indians... Americans... Europeans... Middle Easterners and noticed they all have distinct smells... Just comment what it's like and if there's a reason.

Do blacks smell strongly to others?

Do Indians smell like garlic or curry?

What of Middle Easterners?

Or are all these just racist? Because I think it is to imply that people smell a certain way cause of their race... But is there some truth to it?

Where i live ive caught taxis with indian drivers i notice curry n strong spice smell but nothing dirty is just the food they eat. As for whites they all differ sum smell like nice perfumes or pretty shampoos some smell of sweat some are clean sum are dirty some dnt have a smell. As for blacks ive never smelled one but the ones i see look clean n fresh.
Everyones different i guess. Depending on hygiene and the foods they eat n if they wear perfumes etc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by rollybest(m): 11:58am On Nov 19, 2021
ValCon888:

Your nose go tell you.
Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2021
Mrscarter:

Where i live ive caught taxis with indian drivers i notice curry n strong spice smell but nothing dirty is just the food they eat. As for whites they all differ sum smell like nice perfumes or pretty shampoos some smell of sweat some are clean sum are dirty some dnt have a smell. As for blacks ive never smelled one but the ones i see look clean n fresh.
Everyones different i guess. Depending on hygiene and the foods they eat n if they wear perfumes etc
Thanks! You're not black? Forgive the question... But if you were, I think maybe you wouldn't have written that you've never smelled one before. smiley
Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
Smartb0y:
are you satisfied now?
Yes! Thank you... But I need more contributions!

1 Like

Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
lexuswagon:
Only Nigerian girls smell most especially their pussy.
Don't be an idiot... If your mother's vagina stinks... Go give her a lecture on personal hygiene... Why take it out on us? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Truvelisback(m): 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
Abeg, no commess.
Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
Truvelisback:
Abeg, no commess.
No experience?

I think it's just had people who say sh** like that... From the comments, it's obvious people don't smell a certain way for their race...

But because of a culture, they might seem to smell the same and different from others!

It's somehow to think you 'smell black'...
Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Truvelisback(m): 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
Datboredberry:
No experience?

I think it's just had people who say sh** like that... From the comments, it's obvious people don't smell a certain way for their race...

But because of a culture, they might seem to smell the same and different from others!

It's somehow to think you 'smell black'...
What do u smell?
Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
Truvelisback:
What do u smell?
That's the point...

Smell black!!! Do we all smell black... A strong smell we can not identify but other races can?

I don't think Indians believe they smell like garlic but others say they do...

Get it?
Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Truvelisback(m): 1:14pm On Nov 19, 2021
Datboredberry:
That's the point...

Smell black!!! Do we all smell black... A strong smell we can not identify but other races can?

I don't think Indians believe they smell like garlic but others say they do...

Get it?
How do u know u smell black? What is the smell like?
Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2021
Truvelisback:
How do u know u smell black? What is the smell like?
Do you have comprehension issues?

The question was asked after whites stated that blacks smell 'black'... Did you even read this thread? undecided
Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 19, 2021
Yes.

Every race and country smell differently that is due to our different diets and way of life.

Africans smell differently from african Americans.
Indians smell differently from chinese
Europeans smell differently from Americans
Even Ghanaians smell differently from Nigerians

I remembered being in a lift with a girl from namibia and she made me remembered the african village body smell.

1 Like

Re: Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? by Truvelisback(m): 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
Datboredberry:
Do you have comprehension issues?

The question was asked after whites stated that blacks smell 'black'... Did you even read this thread? undecided
I mean, what is the smell like or what is the black smell like?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Ex-boyfriend Want Me Back After Cursing Me / Share How You Escaped Being Raped / I Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Appreciate Y'all

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.