Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,417 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew (22797 Views)

Aiteo Oil Spill: Dickson Calls For Compensation For Communities Affected / Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds / NDDC Invites President Buhari To Commission 29 KM Ogba-Nembe Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Ekealterego: 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2021
Anonymous15:

i asked you to read William Balfour on language.
now I asked you to read rev Daniel Ogiriki ockiya.
I can't accept fallacy, your screenshots are blanked shots and it didn't mention THE NAME of the king that was Igbo in calabari or okrika.
there is no king in ijoh land with a king from an Igbo father, you kept showing me pages, nigga make the highlight and mention THE NAME OF THE KING. are you this daft?
all these history I have told you was from the book written by Daniel Ogiriki ockiya in the 1800s, nigga fetch the book and stop believing trash.
ok if Balfour said a king in kalabari or okrika was an Igbo, I dare you to mention the name of the king you are here showing me screenshots which didn't even mention the name of the king.
for the umpteenth time MENTION THE NAME OF THE KING.
don't you know how to read English??
MENTION THE NAME OF THE KING.
The ogirika was born in 1874, trained by white missionaries but failed most of his exams. He did no historian, nor an ethnographer.

The history I gave you was written before Ogirika's grandfather even got married.

kiss the truth.

If I dig up his books now and give you, will shift the goal post for the 5th time. I have better things to do with my life than dragging with minorities.

1 Like

Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Malawian(m): 6:47pm On Nov 21, 2021
iruocious:

Stop spreading falsehood. You see those war canoes on display, in the olden days, they were normally filled to the brim with slaves (mostly ibos) for one to earn a chieftaincy title.

Everywhere na una get am. Claim relationship.
Even almighty British found it hard to enslave Igbos, it is small small Ijaw that Igbos will willingly be slaves to.

Ijaw should try and be lying small small. No history book even mentioned Ijaw in the Niger-Delta back in those days of Portuguese trade and all, let alone Ijaw being slave masters to Igbo slaves.

Nembe are Igbo people and will remain so.

1 Like

Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Malawian(m): 7:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
iruocious:

The Ibo slaves weren't as influential as their sellers thought. Even their children won't be happy to associate with the sellers after selling off their forefathers for paltry sums.
The Nembe people do not speak Ibo or Igbo or whatever confused name you choose, and the entire world knows, not just you. The dialect is simply referred to as Nembe.
Yeri ama ongu sun eki nimi tin. Please interpret the above in Igbo as you have said.
Stop speaking Ijaw and trying to pass it off as Nembe indigenous language which is obviously an Igbo dialect. There is a reason there is no single Language in all of the Niger-Delta that is mutually intelligible to Ijaw language. You Ijaw are foreigners imported into the Niger-Delta by the British and as such, your language is not gelling with the surrounding languages.
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Malawian(m): 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2021
Anonymous15:

ijaw (ijo) was the progenitor of the Ijaw people.
he had Gbaran his first son, Nembe, his second and other children who went on the form the tribes under ijaw. none of them speak ijaw but little can be heard when they converse because of the similarity.
I use to hear about your land grabbing etc, but I never knew it would reach my own Nembe. and you come craze talk say we sail from orlu and you want to make it linked to Oru...you must be daft. Oru is not a place in Nembe but a word. Oru means "juju"
yagbia' e no togubelemo' o... alendi' o.

This one just manufacture history. Choi.

What Ijaw cannot claim does not exist. -- Malawian 2021.
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Malawian(m): 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2021
Anonymous15:

nigga stop being deluded, even the Igbo people refer to us as mba'mmiri, stop being stupid.
the Opobo, during the slave trade days, they had so many Igbo people who outnumbered them and became influential, these Igbo people didn't stop speaking their language and they covered the Opobo's. this was how they lost their language.
Jaja of opobo was an Igbo slave who was bought by an ijaw-opobo man. but has he grew wealthy and influential, the igbos grew with him and he subsequently became the ruler of opobo.

Nembe since time immemorial has been Nembe.
it is made of of 6 ancient clans (kalabiga ma biri, obolo'amabiri, opubigamabiri, onyo ama biri, Oro ama biri, and olodio ama biri) long long long long ago during the days they communed with mermaids.
nigga you can't be stupid.
all this ancient settlements are absolved into Nembe as you know it, Oro ama biri is the only existing clan from the old ancient Nembe long when Kings didn't rule, but halfmen half spirits.

and back to the ethnic group size thingy (hausa Fulani 29percent, Yoruba 21% ibo 18% IJAW 10%, KANURI 4% ibibio 3.5.
Google it, do not be unfortunate nigga, don't ever come and claim my ancient kingdom to your ethnic group nigga.
don't you dare.
So of we bring those guys in those canoe and interview them, they will be speaking this rubbish language you have been using to spam this thread abi?
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Malawian(m): 7:31pm On Nov 21, 2021
Anonymous15:

Don't be deluded, Epie is descended from ijo.
just as nsukka is of ERI
they do not speak the same language, but it is what it is.
it is normal for people to claim being autonomous or authoctonous but ijo has 51 clans/tribes under it. because of the pride of the average ijaw man some tribes are trying to cut ties with him, even some of my fellow Nembeians claim they are NEMBEIANS and not ijaw, but I'll always ask, are you not still of your father even though you're grown and independent?
I am a Nembe man and I am telling you Nembe is a clan under ijaw, same as Epie, tuomo, buseni, tarakiri, agudama, akassa and the entire 51 tribes.
the language may not be exactly ijaw (ofcourse it isn't expected) as sub tribes usually have their corrupted lingua.

NSUKKA and arondiziogu are descendants of ERI but do they speak the same ERI language?
dude I didn't mention IYC. I am not a political person.
visit Nigerian archive, and you will see that the ijaws are the 4th largest ethnic group.
Please, who made Nembe a tribe "under" Ijaw? When did this happen? Even almighty Benin "Empire" could not get past the very first Igbo group next to them - Agbor, it is drunken fishermen with canoe, not even warships that will be forming empire on Igbo waters?
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Malawian(m): 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2021
Anonymous15:

so if they bought Spears from the Aros, how did that mean the Aro god rulled them?
I said the ijoh's were rarely slaves, the ijoh's were broker. ijoh's were sold only when Igbo slaves weren't forth coming, so when the chiefs or Kings or priests needed money or white men items, they can sell their enemies or prisoners of war or they set up less important ijoh people for kidnap and sale, I made mention of it nigga, but the ijoh's were not known to be slaves, they were the broker, I repeat, ijoh's were only sold when Igbo slaves weren't forthcoming and when a big chief lacks money, he can send his boys to kidnap less important folks to sell or raid an enemy war canoe and seize some men, slaughter many at an island called isikara to obtain favor from the water spirits and sell the remaining to the white men as slaves but it was rare.
that only happens WHEN THE SLAVE IMPORT LINE IS DRY.
I mentioned this nigga.
Ijaws were useless even as freemen, let alone slaves. It has nothing to do with their prowess. No one wants to feed lazy grown up drunks.
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2021
Ekealterego:

The ogirika was born in 1874, trained by white missionaries but failed most of his exams. He did no historian, nor an ethnographer.

The history I gave you was written before Ogirika's grandfather even got married.

kiss the truth.

If I dig up his books now and give you, will shift the goal post for the 5th time. I have better things to do with my life than dragging with minorities.
you are daft indeed.
the English men began trading in southern Nigeria in the 1830's but they wrote a book older than Ogiriki's grandad. you see how daft you sound??
how did they know the history of a people all the while they were in England when they haven't even set foot in southern Nigeria.
bro this is the greatest daftness of all time.
Ogiriki was a Reverend and did not need to study history as he witnessed events FIRST HAND. those he didn't witnessed, he enquired from the oldest and wisest men who witnessed events in their time or had other older people who witnessed events. don't be a fool, you are more matured than this.
I told you to mention the exact same name of the king you claim is an Igbo man and you tell me you won't argue with a minority.
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Malawian(m): 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2021
Anonymous15:

and again, on the pirate thing, the ijo ethnic groups has 51 clans like I have been singing.
mbiama were the notorious pirates.
because the Englishmen called them the Jo men doesn't mean the entire ijoh clan were pirates. even the bille's and ijaw clan were pirates too and they plundered other clans in ijo too, for instance king jike of bille plundered the trading fleets of his maternal cousin king ikata (mingi the II) in about the year 1787, king ikata overlooked but his sister was said to push him to war, and there was a bloody war which ensured and king ikata himself shot his Dane gun and blinded his cousin king jike.
you see? an ijaw clan put and end to the piracy of another ijaw clan.
when it comes to piracy, it was few clans who partook in it, not all.
Did you miss the part where it was stated these Jos-men lived exclusively on their boats? How did you guys go from boat dwelling and piracy to "owing" all the lands in the coast? No be juju be that?

1 Like

Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2021
Malawian:

Even almighty British found it hard to enslave Igbos, it is small small Ijaw that Igbos will willingly be slaves to.

Ijaw should try and be lying small small. No history book even mentioned Ijaw in the Niger-Delta back in those days of Portuguese trade and all, let alone Ijaw being slave masters to Igbo slaves.

Nembe are Igbo people and will remain so.
BIG FOOL.
they didn't mention ijaw because the whites knew them as brass men, and continued to call them brass men because no other white man good was desired more than brass pan.

I will ignore you.
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Malawian(m): 8:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
Anonymous15:

BIG FOOL.
they didn't mention ijaw because the whites knew them as brass men, and continued to call them brass men because no other white man good was desired more than brass pan.

I will ignore you.
Oga, Jos-men were the ones living in their boats and using piracy to feed themselves. This Jos-men strategy of claiming people as a way of having foothold on land will not be tolerated. Ijaw no get sense Lai Lai, they are claiming Igbo tribes as well? What rubbish!
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 21, 2021
Malawian:

Stop speaking Ijaw and trying to pass it off as Nembe indigenous language which is obviously an Igbo dialect. There is a reason there is no single Language in all of the Niger-Delta that is mutually intelligible to Ijaw language. You Ijaw are foreigners imported into the Niger-Delta by the British and as such, your language is not gelling with the surrounding languages.
I am of the Ijaw ethnic group, my clan is Nembe.
we owned and brokered the slave trade business, we bought and sold Igbo slaves to the white man, and even your renowned Jaja of opobo was a slave bought and renamed into an ijaw name Jubo jubogha.
your tribe and it's pride can be measured in our fists, we put you lots in the white men ships and sent you pot bellied fat bleeps to the Americas to cultivate sugar cane, we sold you people for mirror, Dane guns, cannons, etibo dress, umbrellas and you could do nothing about but feel pain even as you do now. we owned you people for hundreds of years till the British abolished slave trade on 1st May 1807. In the years that followed and out of the ijoh people benevolence we allowed the Igbos to remain and trade palm oil in ibani and Jubo aka Jaja became rich. Because of the land grabbing blood that exist in his blood as a typical Igbo man, he tried to become the Amayanabo of Ibani, trying to seize power from a descendant of Perekule, the son of siriye, the son of papanye, the son of Kambasa, who herself is the great great great grand daughter of Asimini the great.
trying to displace a dynasty several centuries old? (typical Igbo man) he was banished, and he went and settled at Opobo and took over to become Jaja of Opobo.
We let you igbos take Opobo; no wahala, but that is how far you can go.

I won't talk to you about NEMBE, because you sit behind your screen in ABA to type this jagon without having visited Nembe or even knowing the place. so I won't engage you because you are daft and uninformed.

1 Like

Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Ekealterego: 10:32pm On Nov 21, 2021
Anonymous15:

you are daft indeed.
the English men began trading in southern Nigeria in the 1830's but they wrote a book older than Ogiriki's grandad. you see how daft you sound??
how did they know the history of a people all the while they were in England when they haven't even set foot in southern Nigeria.
bro this is the greatest daftness of all time.
Ogiriki was a Reverend and did not need to study history as he witnessed events FIRST HAND. those he didn't witnessed, he enquired from the oldest and wisest men who witnessed events in their time or had other older people who witnessed events. don't be a fool, you are more matured than this.
I told you to mention the exact same name of the king you claim is an Igbo man and you tell me you won't argue with a minority.

Stop speaking on things you know nothing about.

The book "A Voyage to New Calabar River in the Year 1699" by James Barbot was published in 1699. He visited Bonny and New Calabar in 1699 already and published his journal same year.
He traded there and bought goods and received gifts. He also bought some Igbo swords, and the illustrations of the specimens are in his journal with other specimens he bought.
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Ijawblooded: 8:04am On Nov 22, 2021
Ekealterego:

No, Ijos were Igbo subjects and they came to worship the Aros... if not for the Aro Igbos, Ijos would be extinct today.

Read this excerpt from 1900. Your fathers were drinking ogogoro worshiping Aro priests so they won't go extinct.

Now, thank us for saving your souls.

Hehehehehe... E pain Dem. Ur kinsman came here and said rubbish and I replied him, u com dey vex.
To ur write up u say 1900? Guy that's is the aftermath of the slavery na. Let's assume ur write-up is true, do u know as slaves ur ancestors carried along ur deities when captured? Ur ancestors were useful slaves to say to least. It is part of their usefulness we bought them and later incorporated them into Ijawland. How generous we are. By d way we still buy Igbo slaves o. All over Eastern Ijaw if u want to own a sex slave u go to Igbo land and buy one. Till today!

1 Like

Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Ijawblooded: 8:07am On Nov 22, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:

How IDIOTIC! One whose house is on fire is busy chasing after rodents. Your environment including your livelihood is being constantly decimated and degraded, yet you don't seem perturbed. Your ONLY concern is to hurl insults at Igbos. Shame on you. Your obsession with the Igbos would be your downfall. Like it or NOT, you and your folks are the ones to suffer the consequences of your idiocy.

Cry cry baby, cry me a river. Ur brother came here and be spewing nonsense. U no talk, as I reply am now, u don come here dey form environmental activist. Na only ona get mouth na. Namasobiri!

2 Likes

Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 22, 2021
Ekealterego:

Stop speaking on things you know nothing about.

The book "A Voyage to New Calabar River in the Year 1699" by James Barbot was published in 1699. He visited Bonny and New Calabar in 1699 already and published his journal same year.
He traded there and bought goods and received gifts. He also bought some Igbo swords, and the illustrations of the specimens are in his journal with other specimens he bought.

brother man you have been mentioning baikie,crowther and one other English man and Their books were written in the late 1800s because the Englishmen ONLY BEGAN TRADING IN THE 1800s.
now you want to sneak in James Barbot.
is it James Barbot that said igbos were Kings in ijaw land?
since I have been beging you to mention the king's name, you do not want to mention it.
it was only Jubo jubogha who became a king in an ijaw territory after he TRIED TO BE AMAYANABO in ibani, and ousting the ruling Perekule dynasty, he was banished. if the wealthiest and most influential Igbo trader was banished for trying to overthrow a dynasty, what kponkious Igbo man of yours rulled an ijaw kingdom?
who??
I beg you mention the name, you're bringing James Barbot.
you think you can confuse me with names? nigga I've been reading books since I was 7, I had Access to gadgets even at an early age and I read aggressively till I stopped reading to chase money.
you can't tell me nonesense, I pride myself as an ijaw Man and from an ethnicity who were resilient warriors.
If not for the current crop of generations who forgot whom they were and chased frivolities. The Ijaw men traded with the Dutch, and then the Portuguese.
the English men came later later on and because of palm oil began to favor the Igbo and chose the race as their favored race.
your Igbo men feared and Respected us, and even renamed their children to ijaw names.
the other clown claimed no ijaw men entered ala Igbo to raid slaves.
ijaw men captured one mbanaso okwarazurumba of Amaigbo in present day imo state, renamed him Jubo jubogha (aka Jaja) and wanted to send him aboard slave ship like the norm, but for the British slave trade halting on 1 may 1807, their Navy which has been sailing the seas and rescuing slaves stopped it. they chose the igbos as their favored tribe because of palm oil which was enormous in Igbo land and began to change history and you lots began twerk for the British media.
I maintain that it was only Opobo and ibo man ruled, never in any other ijaw land.
if you still maintain it, dig up your British lieng book and mention the name of the king.
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Ekealterego: 10:46am On Nov 22, 2021
Anonymous15:
brother man you have been mentioning baikie,crowther and one other English man and Their books were written in the late 1800s because the Englishmen ONLY BEGAN TRADING IN THE 1800s.
now you want to sneak in James Barbot.
is it James Barbot that said igbos were Kings in ijaw land?
since I have been beging you to mention the king's name, you do not want to mention it.
it was only Jubo jubogha who became a king in an ijaw territory after he TRIED TO BE AMAYANABO in ibani, and ousting the ruling Perekule dynasty, he was banished. if the wealthiest and most influential Igbo trader was banished for trying to overthrow a dynasty, what kponkious Igbo man of yours rulled an ijaw kingdom?
who??
I beg you mention the name, you're bringing James Barbot.
you think you can confuse me with names? nigga I've been reading books since I was 7, I had Access to gadgets even at an early age and I read aggressively till I stopped reading to chase money.
you can't tell me nonesense, I pride myself as an ijaw Man and from an ethnicity who were resilient warriors.
If not for the current crop of generations who forgot whom they were and chased frivolities. The Ijaw men traded with the Dutch, and then the Portuguese.
the English men came later later on and because of palm oil began to favor the Igbo and chose the race as their favored race.
your Igbo men feared and Respected us, and even renamed their children to ijaw names.
the other clown claimed no ijaw men entered ala Igbo to raid slaves.
ijaw men captured one mbanaso okwarazurumba of Amaigbo in present day imo state, renamed him Jubo jubogha (aka Jaja) and wanted to send him aboard slave ship like the norm, but for the British slave trade halting on 1 may 1807, their Navy which has been sailing the seas and rescuing slaves stopped it. they chose the igbos as their favored tribe because of palm oil which was enormous in Igbo land and began to change history and you lots began twerk for the British media.
I maintain that it was only Opobo and ibo man ruled, never in any other ijaw land.
if you still maintain it, dig up your British lieng book and mention the name of the king.
You are obviously not so knowledgeable about what you are discussing about.
The other guys I mentioned came 1823, I even uploaded the publication date and title page. Baikie finished his works already in 1841. Captain Crow from Liverpool came 1831, 10 years before Baikie... I only cited one or two in the last 1880s for the sake of relevance to the particular case I was making reference to.

You keep moving the goal post. When Barbot came in 1699, there were English men trading there already. The second tide of English men who came during Baikie's time was to access the state of the slave trade and to monitor if it has ended.

Then the British crown have taken their interest off slavery and had abolished it and were looking at colonisation, civilisation, trade, labour, exploration and search for resources and of course religion.

Barbot recorded his that English men were there trading in slavery when he came. He even mentioned the price or costs. This is 1699. Unlike the other English men who came for the purpose of slavery alone, Barbot came for ethnographic, anthropological and exploration work also.
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Seun(m): 10:52am On Nov 22, 2021
Lovenorth:
The locals are the ones contributing to the problem but they will come and blame the government later because of the hypocrisy
This particular spill looks like the fault of the oil company though. It's not the typical pipeline vandalism situation.

1 Like

Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Ekealterego: 11:04am On Nov 22, 2021
Seun:

This particular spill looks like the fault of the oil company though. It's not the typical pipeline vandalism situation.
Hi Seun, as Nairaland's contribution towards preventing environmental pollution in these areas, don't you think it is a good idea to have a pinned thread on the politics section where people could update and upload the state of pollution, recovery or progress in these oil producing areas.

That will be a big contribution from you. Locals can update the thread with these information and could be a big repository for such information.

Just a suggestion.
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ekealterego:

You are obviously not so knowledgeable about what you are discussing about.
The other guys I mentioned came 1823, I even uploaded the publication date and title page. Baikie finished his works already in 1841. Captain Crow from Liverpool came 1831, 10 years before Baikie... I only cited one or two in the last 1880s for the sake of relevance to the particular case I was making reference to.

You keep moving the goal post. When Barbot came in 1699, there were English men trading there already. The second tide of English men who came during Baikie's time was to access the state of the slave trade and to monitor if it has ended.

Then the British crown have taken their interest off slavery and had abolished it and were looking at colonisation, civilisation, trade, labour, exploration and search for resources and of course religion.

Barbot recorded his that English men were there trading in slavery when he came. He even mentioned the price or costs. This is 1699. Unlike the other English men who came for the purpose of slavery alone, Barbot came for ethnographic, anthropological and exploration work also.
I am not the one shifting goal post, it seem you learned this grammar of recent.
*first you claimed Nembe is Igbo, we trashed that and even an Igbo person who served at Nembe confirmed Nembe wasn't, even your so called baikie didn't link the language to Igbo
*secondly you said igbos were never slave to the ijaws, and I proved you wrong by how igbos were bought and sold to the white men. those days high chiefs used Igbo women to gift their fellow ijaw chiefs as concubines (I don't want to use sex slave out of diplomacy or mutual respect (
*thirdly you said Igbo men were Kings in ijoh land and I mentioned ONLY in opobo because owazurumba (renamed to Jubo jubogha an ijaw name) aka Jaja of Opobo eyed to oust the ancient perekule dynasty which rulled ibani and he was Banished. The igbos feared and revered us. they even took ijaw names upon themselves.

now if Jaja who was the wealthiest and most influential Igbo man couldn't become king and was banished, which clown of an Igbo King became king in any other ijaw land? you kept mention baikie baikie. MENTION THE NAME OF THE KING, even your baikie couldn't.
For those who studies international relations will understand the game being played behind the scenes in international politics.
The English men who came in the 1600s were very few and were under the rules and control of the Portuguese and their king; Alfonso the sixth because it was the Portuguese who controlled the region. The British were the biggest slave traders, and the Americas were there depot. THEY THEMSELVES requested IGBO SLAVES to farm their colony in the Americas but when the United States of America united and got Independence following the beginning of the American revolution in 1775 under the leadership of their exceptional general; George Washington, the British didn't have any colony and couldn't profit in slavery anymore but before then what did they do? they befriended the ijoh's, they even learnt the languages. the Ijaw wealthy men sent some of their sons to study in England, and we even bared English names, visit old archives, no body was more affiliated to the British than the ijaws, even my family name is British just as most ijaw men. but following American's independent, the European powers which made their wealth from slave trade met in the Berlin conference of 1884-85 to look for another means to enrich themselves, the British eyed Nigeria and their palm plantations which belonged to the igbos and the igbos whom use to be their slaves, whom use to receive mean treatments from them became their buddies, and they boosted your ego, made the igbos the golden child and the igbos swelled like overnight cassava. They discarded the ijoh's because slave trade wasn't lucrative anymore, they shifted to the igbos because they had PALM OIL in abundance, THEY BEFRIENDED them "national interest" and they fell out finally with the ijoh's after King William Fredrick Koko mingi VIII waged war on them and laid to waste their money making machine (royal Niger company) In the akassa raid of 1895.
you think the British care about you? India use to be the richest country in the world till britain happened. they come in, use Theodore Roosevelt's carrot and sticks tactics to entice you, go ahead to rewrite your history to sell to the white Media just like that bullshit baikie talk about Igbo being king in ijaw yet he couldn't even mention the name of the king.
isn't your Britain still the same country that threw a spanner in your wheel during the Nigerian civil war and helped the Nigerian troops lay waist to your Ethnic group??
yet you're here twerking for baikie and the other British publishers who seduced your people with sweet words and all y'all did was twerk like a stripper for them because they wrote about your blacksmith etc, are your blacksmith even up to the standards of the blacksmith at Ife or ogun?
make you use your head.
nigga I abandoned all my books in my parents house to concentrate on making money, nwa'nnem ga'cho ego. even if you read everything from now till 2030, you won't still cover 10% of what I read.
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Ekealterego: 2:07pm On Nov 22, 2021
Anonymous15:

I am not the one shifting goal post, it seem you learned this grammar of recent.
*first you claimed Nembe is Igbo, we trashed that and even an Igbo person who served at Nembe confirmed Nembe wasn't, even your so called baikie didn't link the language to Igbo
*secondly you said igbos were never slave to the ijaws, and I proved you wrong by how igbos were bought and sold to the white men. those days high chiefs used Igbo women to gift their fellow ijaw chiefs as concubines (I don't want to use sex slave out of diplomacy or mutual respect (
*thirdly you said Igbo men were Kings in ijoh land and I mentioned ONLY in opobo because owazurumba (renamed to Jubo jubogha an ijaw name) aka Jaja of Opobo eyed to oust the ancient perekule dynasty which rulled ibani and he was Banished. The igbos feared and revered us. they even took ijaw names upon themselves.

now if Jaja who was the wealthiest and most influential Igbo man couldn't become king and was banished, which clown of an Igbo King became king in any other ijaw land? you kept mention baikie baikie. MENTION THE NAME OF THE KING, even your baikie couldn't.
For those who studies international relations will understand the game being played behind the scenes in international politics.
The English men who came in the 1600s were very few and were under the rules and control of the Portuguese and their king; Alfonso the sixth because it was the Portuguese who controlled the region. The British were the biggest slave traders, and the Americas were there depot. THEY THEMSELVES requested IGBO SLAVES to farm their colony in the Americas but when the United States of America united and got Independence following the beginning of the American revolution in 1775 under the leadership of their exceptional general; George Washington, the British didn't have any colony and couldn't profit in slavery anymore but before then what did they do? they befriended the ijoh's, they even learnt the languages. the Ijaw wealthy men sent some of their sons to study in England, and we even bared English names, visit old archives, no body was more affiliated to the British than the ijaws, even my family name is British just as most ijaw men. but following American's independent, the European powers which made their wealth from slave trade met in the Berlin conference of 1884-85 to look for another means to enrich themselves, the British eyed Nigeria and their palm plantations which belonged to the igbos and the igbos whom use to be their slaves, whom use to receive mean treatments from them became their buddies, and they boosted your ego, made the igbos the golden child and the igbos swelled like overnight cassava. They discarded the ijoh's because slave trade wasn't lucrative anymore, they shifted to the igbos because they had PALM OIL in abundance, THEY BEFRIENDED them "national interest" and they fell out finally with the ijoh's after King William Fredrick Koko mingi VIII waged war on them and laid to waste their money making machine (royal Niger company) In the akassa raid of 1895.
you think the British care about you? India use to be the richest country in the world till britain happened. they come in, use Theodore Roosevelt's carrot and sticks tactics to entice you, go ahead to rewrite your history to sell to the white Media just like that bullshit baikie talk about Igbo being king in ijaw yet he couldn't even mention the name of the king.
isn't your Britain still the same country that threw a spanner in your wheel during the Nigerian civil war and helped the Nigerian troops lay waist to your Ethnic group??
yet you're here twerking for baikie and the other British publishers who seduced your people with sweet words and all y'all did was twerk like a stripper for them because they wrote about your blacksmith etc, are your blacksmith even up to the standards of the blacksmith at Ife or ogun?
make you use your head.
nigga I abandoned all my books in my parents house to concentrate on making money, nwa'nnem ga'cho ego. even if you read everything from now till 2030, you won't still cover 10% of what I read.
Man, it seems you are blind to the truth. i have sent you the name of the kings written boldly in the testaments many times.

I am not here to convince you because obviously like your drunk brothers, even if I bring 300 written evidence as i have done throughout our conversation, you will still argue.

I argue with facts, receipts and evidence, you on the other hand, talk like your ogogoro drunk brothers. Here are 3 different accounts AGAIN.
1. The testimony of King people to Crwother that Bonny were mainly Igbos and what they are called
2. W. F. Daniel and R. G. Latham in 1948 confirming that Bonny were Igboes
3. King Pepple and Amachree in New Calabar confirming that they the king are Igbos and his people are Igbos too.

Are you going to argue again?

Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Ekealterego: 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
Anonymous15:

make you use your head.

Slayerforever, Igboid, Bkayy. This is what I was looking for self. You can see that Brass (which comprises of Nembe) was mentioned in my first account

See the second account shows that Ijaws were canoe dwelling, no land having pirates.

Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by SlayerForever: 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ekealterego:

Slayerforever, Igboid, Bkayy. This is what I was looking for self. You can see that Brass (which comprises of Nembe) was mentioned in my first account

See the second account shows that Ijaws were canoe dwelling, no land having pirates.

Do you know that new Calabar is Kalabari?

The second material though. Why are Ijaw so fond of miltancy, even from 300 years ago grin grin grin
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Ekealterego: 3:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
SlayerForever:

Do you know that new Calabar is Kalabari?

The second material though. Why are Ijaw so fond of miltancy, even from 300 years ago grin grin grin
For sure, New calabar is kalabari.

1 Like

Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by UnabashedIPOB: 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ijawblooded:

Cry cry baby, cry me a river. Ur brother came here and be spewing nonsense. U no talk, as I reply am now, u don come here dey form environmental activist. Na only ona get mouth na. Namasobiri!

Cry baby? Look who is talking! You could respond to whomever you want to, that's your choice. But to play the ostrich with your head buried in the sand while your land is being degraded and decimated and you do NOT give a damn, shows your level of stupidity and ignorance. Did you speak against the TERRORIST FULANI government that is NOT only milking the resources from your land but destroying it with impunity? Absolutely NOT! Your major concern is your destructive obsession with the Igbos and your hatred. Let me reiterate it once again, like it or not, you and your people are the once that would suffer the consequences. Can your people fish now like they used to? Why do your folks have high incidence of asthma? You have NO clue of the mess you're in. Keep ranting and foaming in the mouth like a rabid dog!

Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ekealterego:

Man, it seems you are blind to the truth. i have sent you the name of the kings written boldly in the testaments many times.

I am not here to convince you because obviously like your drunk brothers, even if I bring 300 written evidence as i have done throughout our conversation, you will still argue.

I argue with facts, receipts and evidence, you on the other hand, talk like your ogogoro drunk brothers. Here are 3 different accounts AGAIN.
1. The testimony of King people to Crwother that Bonny were mainly Igbos and what they are called
2. W. F. Daniel and R. G. Latham in 1948 confirming that Bonny were Igboes
3. King Pepple and Amachree in New Calabar confirming that they the king are Igbos and his people are Igbos too.

Are you going to argue again?
you just displayed your "land grabbing" intentions by revealing your true intentions with these statements
"your ogogoro brothers"
and again I went through those screenshoted materials, the one highlighted with blue began the next sentence with "I AM OF THE OPINION"
all these while, you were just bringing someone's thesis written to score professional certificates and answer doc or professor whatever huh??
sorry how old are you?

you also shot yourself again on the leg with Samuel crowther's report. I'm sure you didn't see it. it says "king pepple reports that Bonny is CHEIFLY PEOPLED BY IBO SLAVES though they speak the OKOLOBA DIALECT"
pepple also said
"bonny is called OKOLOMA BY THEMSELVES BUT CALLED okoloba OR ubani BY THE IBOS"
why is there a "BY THEMSELVES and a BY THE IBOS" if they aren't different people? again I'll requote
"king pepple reports that Bonny is CHIEFLY PEOPLED by IBO SLAVES though they speak the OKOLOBA DIALECT"
"...bonny is called OKOLOMA by THEMSELVES but called okoloBA OR ubani BY THE IBOS"
and you tagged your fellow land grabbing brothers to come and witness your latest stupidity, earlier bringing thesis by your fellow land grabbing folks to show me here, may God purnish you for this.
when the children of Israel filled Egypt, particularly the whole land of Goshen, did it mean the Israelites owned Goshen or Egypt?
first you brought a personal report or thesis to score cheap points for your land grabbing agenda,
secondly you shot yourself on the leg by showing documents when pepple an ijaw ruler was reporting to crowther that ibani is CHIEFLY PEOPLED BY IBO SLAVES.
now if ibos were king there, why was it peopled by IBO SLAVES? doesn't it tell you that THE IBO SLAVES served the OKOLOMA PEOPLE?
again why did they speak the OKOLOMA DIALECT Instead of the IGBO DIALECT??
that is because they weren't free men nigga stop tangling yourself in your own web.
they SPOKE THEIR MASTERS LANGUAGE.
you were slaves allover ijoh land and YOUR REPORTS SHOWED IT, now several generations later, you want to come and seize the land from the Masters.
nigga continue shooting yourself in the leg and leave my ogogoro drinking brothers alone.
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Ekealterego: 6:12pm On Nov 22, 2021
Anonymous15:

you just displayed your "land grabbing" intentions by revealing your true intentions with these statements
"your ogogoro brothers"
and again I went through those screenshoted materials, the one highlighted with blue began the next sentence with "I AM OF THE OPINION"
all these while, you were just bringing someone's thesis written to score professional certificates and answer doc or professor whatever huh??
sorry how old are you?

you also shot yourself again on the leg with Samuel crowther's report. I'm sure you didn't see it. it says "king pepple reports that Bonny is CHEIFLY PEOPLED BY IBO SLAVES though they speak the OKOLOBA DIALECT"
pepple also said
"bonny is called OKOLOMA BY THEMSELVES BUT CALLED okoloba OR ubani BY THE IBOS"
why is there a "BY THEMSELVES and a BY THE IBOS" if they aren't different people? again I'll requote
"king pepple reports that Bonny is CHIEFLY PEOPLED by IBO SLAVES though they speak the OKOLOBA DIALECT"
"...bonny is called OKOLOMA by THEMSELVES but called okoloBA OR ubani BY THE IBOS"
and you tagged your fellow land grabbing brothers to come and witness your latest stupidity, earlier bringing thesis by your fellow land grabbing folks to show me here, may God purnish you for this.
when the children of Israel filled Egypt, particularly the whole land of Goshen, did it mean the Israelites owned Goshen or Egypt?
first you brought a personal report or thesis to score cheap points for your land grabbing agenda,
secondly you shot yourself on the leg by showing documents when pepple an ijaw ruler was reporting to crowther that ibani is CHIEFLY PEOPLED BY IBO SLAVES.
now if ibos were king there, why was it peopled by IBO SLAVES? doesn't it tell you that THE IBO SLAVES served the OKOLOMA PEOPLE?
again why did they speak the OKOLOMA DIALECT Instead of the IGBO DIALECT??
that is because they weren't free men nigga stop tangling yourself in your own web.
they SPOKE THEIR MASTERS LANGUAGE.
you were slaves allover ijoh land and YOUR REPORTS SHOWED IT, now several generations later, you want to come and seize the land from the Masters.
nigga continue shooting yourself in the leg and leave my ogogoro drinking brothers alone.
You are obviously drunk. In this same excerpt, didn't you see where King Peppel mentioned that he himself was an Igbo man?

Didn't king Peppel mention that he is Igbo?
Or do you have ogogoro induced. dementia?

The writer mentioned that "I AM OF THE OPINION that climate and environment greatly influenced their stature and colour.." You are obviously not very bright. That is standard ethnographic writing style .. Observations that are your opinions, you state it clearly with reasons and in 1848 the writer was only stating an opinion on the factors responsible for the stature and looks of Igbos at Bonny because one can't make a 100% claim.

Ijaws are pirates from Sierra-leone. You occupied only boats and didn't have any land.

2 Likes

Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ekealterego:

You are obviously drunk. In this same excerpt, didn't you see where King Peppel mentioned that he himself was an Igbo man?

Didn't king Peppel mention that he is Igbo?
Or do you have ogogoro induced. dementia?

The writer mentioned that "I AM OF THE OPINION that climate and environment greatly influenced their stature and colour.." You are obviously not very bright. That is standard ethnographic writing style .. Observations that are your opinions, you state it clearly with reasons and in 1848 the writer was only stating an opinion on the factors responsible for the stature and looks of Igbos at Bonny because one can't make a 100% claim.

Ijaws are pirates from Sierra-leone. You occupied only boats and didn't have any land.
.Jesus Christ of Nazareth save our soul.
why are you LIENG like this the writer said pepple is of IBO origin and NOT PEPPLE HIMSELF, SAYING HE IS OF THE IBO ORIGIN. blood of Jesus. ibo man and wayo even when caught by his own trap.
brother man, you can't run away from this one.
look at that excerpt YOU YOURSELF UPLOADED.
if you want to now sweep it under the carpet, I will carefully and dutifully type it, infact I have screenshoted it on my phone just in case you pull it down. now let me carefully and dutifully type it down.

TERMINOLOGY FROM KING PEPPLE

* bonny is CALLED OKOLOMA BY THEMSELVES
* " " " okoloBA BY THE IBOS
* " " " osiminikun by the Aboh tribe
of IBO
* new Calabar is called Bom by the IBO

king pepple said that Bonny WAS CHIEFLY PEOPLED by IBO SLAVES though they speak the OKOLOMA OR BONNY LANGUAGE which is also the language of new Calabar.

I remain Rev, and Dear sir
your obedient humble servant
Samuel crowther.

YOU SHOT YOURSELF IN THE LEG WHEN YOU HURRIEDLY EXPOSED THE TRUTH.

chairman anything you say, I agree, we are from Sierra Leone, infact we are from Zimbabwe. but you see that your web you spun, enjoy yourself in it. it is what it is.
YOU WERE SLAVES IN BONNY JUST AS PEPPLE AND CROWTHER STATED UP THERE. Bonny was CHIEFLY PEOPLED BY IBO SLAVES, and you spoke the OKOLOMA LANGUAGE; the language of the OKOLOMA clan of the IJOH ETHNICITY ��
I shouldn't be debating with a SLAVE.
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Ekealterego: 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
Anonymous15:
why are you LIENG like this the writer said pepple is of IBO origin and NOT PEPPLE HIMSELF, SAYING HE IS OF THE IBO ORIGIN. blood of Jesus. ibo man and wayo even when caught by his own trap.
if you want to now sweep it under the carpet, I will carefully and dutifully type it, infact I have screenshoted it on my phone just in case you pull it down. now let me carefully and dutifully type it down.

of IBO

king pepple said that Bonny WAS CHIEFLY PEOPLED by IBO SLAVES though they speak the OKOLOMA OR BONNY LANGUAGE which is also the language of new Calabar.

Samuel crowther.

chairman anything you say, I agree, we are from Sierra Leone, infact we are from Zimbabwe. but you see that your web you spun, enjoy yourself in it. it is what it is.
YOU WERE SLAVES IN BONNY JUST AS PEPPLE AND CROWTHER STATED UP THERE. Bonny was CHIEFLY PEOPLED BY IBO SLAVES, and you spoke the OKOLOMA LANGUAGE; the language of the OKOLOMA clan of the IJOH ETHNICITY ��

You are obviously not very bright. King Pepple stated himself in over 7 accounts I uploaded that he is of an Igbo Descent.

It is obvious that this discussion is not about historical research intellect and truth. I have 10 more accounts and full transcript from King Peppel. You just sit relax and enjoy your ogogoro.

Just like your brothers, you are much given to ogogoro propelled discussions.
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Ekealterego: 10:07pm On Nov 22, 2021
Anonymous15:

of IBO

Samuel crowther.

You are daft, Okoloma is from Ndoki. Okoloma is still in Ndoki land till today and that is why the Igbo dialect spoken in Opobo and Bonny today is the Ndoki dialect. We call it Okoloma.

Or can you tell us what Okoloma mean in Ijaw language? grin grin
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Malawian(m): 10:25pm On Nov 22, 2021
Anonymous15:

BIG FOOL.

I will ignore you.
Brass men were never called Jos-men. Brass were on their own land doing their thing, Ijaw appeared from nowhere on canoes and lived exclusively on canoes. Their only job was piracy and murder. Ijaw should thank the British that allowed them settle on land during colonial era, left to the tribes back then, Ijaw would have remained in their canoes till date.
Re: Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew by Malawian(m): 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
Anonymous15:

i asked you to read William Balfour on language.
now I asked you to read rev Daniel Ogiriki ockiya.
I can't accept fallacy, your screenshots are blanked shots and it didn't mention THE NAME of the king that was Igbo in calabari or okrika.
there is no king in ijoh land with a king from an Igbo father, you kept showing me pages, nigga make the highlight and mention THE NAME OF THE KING. are you this daft?
all these history I have told you was from the book written by Daniel Ogiriki ockiya in the 1800s, nigga fetch the book and stop believing trash.
ok if Balfour said a king in kalabari or okrika was an Igbo, I dare you to mention the name of the king you are here showing me screenshots which didn't even mention the name of the king.
for the umpteenth time MENTION THE NAME OF THE KING.
don't you know how to read English??
MENTION THE NAME OF THE KING.
The only "Ijaw land" anywhere in the Niger-Delta is on top Canoe. Ijaw do not have any land whatsoever in the Niger-Delta. Your Advent into Land in Nigeria is courtesy of the British. Left the the tribes back then, you would have still been on your canoes till date.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Governor Wike, Holds Closed Door Meeting (Photos) / Anslem Ojezua Declares Ongoing APC Primaries 'Illegal'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 201
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.