Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Persecuted By Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Persecuted By Christians (751 Views)

Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal / Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians / Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 8:43am On Nov 20, 2021
Persecution is one of the issues you face when you oppose any established religion(s).

Before I proceed I would like us to have the same understanding of basic definitions.

Persecution:
To pursue in a manner to injure, grieve, or afflict; to beset with cruelty or malignity; to harass; especially, to afflict, harass, punish, or put to death for one's race, sexual identity, adherence to a particular religious creed, or mode of worship.
He who persecutes one will persecute all.

In the bible, Jesus preached the Beatititudes, one of which preaches about persecution. Matthew 5: 10-12

"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

What this means is that to be a true Christian you will face persecution for Christ's sake.

This was because Christianity was a minority in the days of Christ. He faced persecution from the established religion- Judaism. And even got killed for it.

His disciples (who later became apostles) also faced persecution and were killed for believing in Jesus Christ and propagating his message.

And for this those who persecuted them were condemned as being evil.

Today, Christianity has become the established religion.
Unfortunately Christians have also followed the way of the persecutors.

Today Christians are the ones persecuting non-Christians.
So many scenarios where Christian's are the ones persecuting non-Christians now.

Historically, a christian arm, The Crusaders is notorious for the murder of famous scientists simply for proving errors in the bible.

But more importantly today, especially in Christian-dominated regions, non-Christians are victimized by Christians simply because they are not Christians.

Once you're not a Christian in a Christian dominated office, you are ostracized and persecuted.

In marriage, many Christian denominations do not even allow inter-marriage with other denominations and other religions.
Once you're marrying a non-Christian and you are from a Christian family, you're ostracized and persecuted.

Even on NL, Christians attack non-Christians just for expressing their views without trying to provoke any religion.

Christians persecute anyone who is not a Christian by condemning them to hell fire or even garnering force agains them to become evicted, sacked, etc.

Christians even go as far as condemning other Christian's from different denomination s to hell fire just because they do not share the same Christian doctrines and views.

Christians are today the ones persecuting others simply for not sharing their belief.

He who has an ear let him hear.

2 Likes

Re: Persecuted By Christians by Hashabiah: 9:13am On Nov 20, 2021
Your definition of persecution does not completely follow the dictionary definition of what persecution really is. But I am not here to point that out. Rather, I want you to examine your life and see if you were kill,, stabbed, beaten , or thrown in prison for ever having debates with Christians

1 Like

Re: Persecuted By Christians by AsapTeddy(m): 9:15am On Nov 20, 2021
Useless post
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 9:21am On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
Your definition of persecution does not completely follow the dictionary definition of what persecution really is. But I am not here to point that out. Rather, I want you to examine your life and see if you were kill,, stabbed, beaten , or thrown in prison for ever having debates with Christians

What you termed my definition is actually a dictionary definition.
What is your own dictionary definition of persecution?
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 9:30am On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:
Persecution is one of the issues you face when you oppose any established religion(s).

You people are really crazy O. You attack us and you expect that we would not defend ourselves? shocked

Then you call our defence persecution? shocked

You guys are out ya minds.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 9:40am On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:
.... Matthew 5: 10-12

"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven...

What this means is that to be a true Christian you will face persecution for Christ's sake.

Correction! The Word for "Rightness aka righteousness Sake".

See, your foundation is already bad.

Myer:
This was because Christianity was a minority in the days of Christ. He faced persecution from the established religion- Judaism. And even got killed for it.

Wrong!

This is because people Hate that which is Right, since they are children of Unrighteousness.

Which is why Step 1 in the Conversion/Transformation is "Seek God AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS". Not your righteousness which is Unrighteous when measured.

But God's Rightness is ABOVE PERFECTLY PERFECT IN RIGHTNESS WHEN JUSTLY MEASURED AND JUDGED.

That is what Christ Followers know and Defend, which is what you people attack and yet you expect us to keep silent and be peaceful.

You guys must be crazy!
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Hashabiah: 9:43am On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:

What you termed my definition is actually a dictionary definition.
What is your own dictionary definition of persecution?
Oga, you were not killed, neither were you silenced or harrassed for speaking your mind. This not fit the description you earlier defined as "persecution "
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 9:47am On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:
...Today Christian's are the ones persecuting non-Christians.
So many scenarios where Christian's are the ones persecuting non-Christians now...

As I always say, Church goers are not Christians.

Christians do not do any of these things you allege.

So this is False Accusation. Channel your grievance to the proper persons
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Aremu01(m): 11:18am On Nov 20, 2021
Channel your energy to what will better your life young man.
There's nothing you wanna gain from thiz
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 11:36am On Nov 20, 2021
Aremu01:
Channel your energy to what will better your life young man.
There's nothing you wanna gain from thiz

I have been a staunch Christian and I also persecuted non-Christians.
Now I'm irreligious and at the receiving end.

Persecution is not limited to only murder. Let's understand that. Even though I cited cases where the Crusaders murdered non-Christians, even scientists for contravening biblical teachings

When you're harassed because you're not a Christian, that is persecution.
When you're condemned for not being a Christian, that is persecution.
When you're ostracislzed by family for not being a Christian, that is persecution.
When you're called names just because you're not a Christian, that's persecution.

When it is others doing it to Christian's, you easily call it persecution.
But when Christian's do it to others, it suddenly isnt persecution? You instead choose to call it different names.

That's double standard right there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Persecuted By Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 11:59am On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:

I have been a staunch Christian and I also persecuted non-Christians.
Now I'm irreligious and at the receiving end.

You were a church goer, not a Christ Follower.

Also IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A CHRISTIAN TO EVER LEAVE CHRIST, EXACTLY AS AN AJEGUNLE BORN FACE ME I SLAP YOU BOY WILL NEVER LEAVE A 3 BEDROOM FLAT IN GARKI ONLY TO RETURN TO HIS FORMER AJEGUNLE OR UGBOWOR!
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 12:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You were a church goer, not a Christ Follower.

Also IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A CHRISTIAN TO EVER LEAVE CHRIST, EXACTLY AS AN AJEGUNLE BORN FACE ME I SLAP YOU BOY WILL NEVER LEAVE A 3 BEDROOM FLAT IN GARKI ONLY TO RETURN TO HIS FORMER AJEGUNLE OR UGBOWOR!

You are the church-goer and religious one since you only recycle whatever your pastor tells you and dont study your bible.

Even the bible agrees that many will fall away from the faith and some who have once been Christians can stop being Christians.

Hebrew 6:4-6
For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and thave tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.

1 Like

Re: Persecuted By Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:25pm On Nov 20, 2021
You don't even know what persecution is, that's enough to show that you were never a Christian for real! smiley
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 1:29pm On Nov 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You don't even know what persecution is, that's enough to show that you were never a Christian for real! smiley

Pray tell, what is persecution?
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2021
AsapTeddy:
Useless post

Before you dismiss a thread as useless, hope you don't mind sharing your experience as a Christian in Nigeria being persecuted.

You clearly dont have such since presently Christian's are the dominant religion except in some parts of the North.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 1:52pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
Oga, you were not killed, neither were you silenced or harrassed for speaking your mind. This not fit the description you earlier defined as "persecution "
Persecution is not limited to only murder. Let's understand that. Even though I cited cases where the Crusaders murdered non-Christians, even scientists for contravening biblical teachings

When you're ostracislzed by family for not being a Christian, that is persecution.
When you're called names just because you're not a Christian, that's persecution.

But when Christian's do it to others, it suddenly isnt persecution? You instead choose to call it different names.

1 Like

Re: Persecuted By Christians by Hashabiah: 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:

Your shallow-minded interpretations have nothing to do with the facts on ground: you have not been persecuted , neither were you hunted or beaten because of your twisted ideas of religion and belief . So to me , you are just throwing tantrums to get attention from the same people who share in your gullibility
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 1:59pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
Your shallow-minded interpretations have nothing to do with the facts on ground: you have not been persecuted , neither were you hunted or beaten because of your twisted ideas of religion and belief . So to me , you are just throwing tantrums to get attention from the same people who share in your gullibility

I understand your low IQ.
You first heard of persecution in the bible so you believe only Christian's are persecuted.

Dont be ignorant. People (Christian's and non-Christians) around you are getting persecuted everyday.

Christians are persecuted where Christianity is a minority.
Non-Christians are persecuted where Christinity is the majority.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Hashabiah: 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2021
[s]
Myer:

I understand your low IQ.
You first heard of persecution in the bible so you believe only Christian's are persecuted.

Dont be ignorant. People (Christian's and non-Christians) around you are getting persecuted everyday.

Christians are persecuted where Christianity is a minority.
Non-Christians are persecuted where Christinity is the majority.
[/s] Bros, I don't deal in stupid arguments that defy logic and facts. Now stay the hell away from my mentions
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s] Bros, I don't deal in stupid arguments that defy logic and facts. Now stay the hell away from my mentions

Your existence defies logic cos God definitely doesnt create numskulls.
FOH

1 Like

Re: Persecuted By Christians by Hashabiah: 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:

Your existence defies logic cos God definitely doesnt create numskulls.
FOH
Yeah whatever retàrd.. just the fvck off my mentions
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 2:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
Yeah whatever retàrd.. just the fvck off my mentions

You're the real retàrd on my mentions and on my thread.
Just get rid of yourself already. For your own sake cos you won't like the way this ends.

You're making it difficult to identify mad people cos you're no different from those roaming the streets naked just that you still know how to operate a phone.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Hashabiah: 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:

You're the real retàrd on my mentions and on my thread.
Just get rid of yourself already. For yourow sake cos you won't like the way this ends.

You're making it difficult to identify mad people cos you're no different from those roaming the streets naked just that you still know how to operate a phone.
A piece of shit like you is idle and looking for persecution by stating low-IQ rants from the lowest form of stupidity on Nairaland . Pathetic grin
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 2:25pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
A piece of shit like you is idle and looking for persecution by stating low-IQ rants from the lowest form of stupidity on Nairaland . Pathetic grin

Apparently you lack integrity and self-control.
You dont even have the decency to get off my mentions and thread.

Mention me again and you'll see what it means to literally step on a snake's tail.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Hashabiah: 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:

Apparently you lack integrity and self-control.
You dont even have the decency to get off my mentions and thread.

Mention me again and you'll see what it means to literally step on a snake's tail.
You are being more stupid than necessary but that's your own fvcking prerogative grin
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:

You are the church-goer and religious one since you only recycle whatever your pastor tells you and dont study your bible.

FALL OF AD HOMINEM!

You do not have any thing valid to say other than to come to do what you accused others of doing, which is to insult and persecute me.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 3:39pm On Nov 20, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

FALL OF AD HOMINEM!

You do not have any thing valid to say other than to come to do what you accused others of doing, which is to insult and persecute me.

I intentionally ignore your mentions cos I've realised your intention is at variance with mine.
Your intention is to argue pointlessly.
My intention is to engage in intelligent arguments that produce results and enlightenment.

At such we will be at disservice to each other.
So pls like Johny Walker, just keep on walking out of my mentions.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
You are being more stupid than necessary but that's your own fvcking prerogative grin

You would like to see me spazz out on you...but won't give you the benefit. You've not earned it.
You're not worth my attention. Goodbye lil dimwit.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Hashabiah: 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2021
[s]
Myer:

You would like to see me spazz out on you...but won't give you the benefit. You've not earned it.
You're not worth my attention. Goodbye lil dimwit.
[/s] Yeah whatever...piece of shit grin
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 3:52pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s] Yeah whatever...piece of shit grin

You're a sewage system of shit.
That's why you spew crap.
You breathe out crap.
You think crap cos your full of crap.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Hashabiah: 3:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:

You're a sewage system of shit.
That's why you spew crap.
You breathe out crap.
You think crap cos your full of crap.
You're just foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog. grin
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
You're just foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog. grin

At this point I have to apologise to myself for even engaging you in the first place cos I thought you had sense.
From your very first post, you exposed your low IQ. And since then you've contributed absolutely nothing intelligent to this thread.

If I could block you on NL, you know we clearly wont even be having any other exchange after your second unintelligent post.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Spiritual Warfare - Prayers Will Do To You / What Are The Signs Of A Tampered Destiny In Dream? / Christian Or Lovely Inspirational Blogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.