Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? (757 Views)

How Can A Broke Guy Quench His Sex Desires? / How Can A Broke Guy Start Toasting A Girl? / Seven Kinds Of Ladies Around A Broke Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Percaput: 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2021
I've had my experience with guys still struggling and it always doesn't end well at all.
Met this guy about a month ago and truth be told, i really took my time observing him. He lied about his job description and accomodation at first but i later got to find out and i told him i will grow with him provided i see that he also makes effort. After about a month n half, i accepted to date him.
Ever since then, he changed his manner of addressing me as tho he's now a lord over me.
This is a guy I've never made a demand from nor accept anything from him when he makes an attempt cos i know he needs it more.
I got a shocker when i called to tell him i was sick n i needed him at that time n he responded " I can't kill myself" im also busy here and refused to apologise for saying such until i had to call him by myself to tell him the statement was bad. He apologized n i forgave him only for him to start complaining that stopped using endearing words n i told him i only forgave him but i needed time to heal since he didn't make attempt to put things back to order like a man should and the next thing he blocked me.
So much for trying to grow with a guy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2021
lipsrsealed

The guy don taya. You too move on.

Stop forcing yourself on a man. It makes you valueless to them.

Life goes on.

1 Like

Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Hashabiah: 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2021
" ...he didn't make attempt to put things back to order like a man should..."

The bolded means what exactly? He should pay for your bills while you lie on your back ? Please enlighten us because I am seriously confused here

1 Like

Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Bola146(f): 1:44pm On Nov 20, 2021
Please face front

1 Like

Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Brunosamel(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
Just like you said he is suffering you should have zero expectations from him, it's not every guys that are the caring type some of us have been messed-up and miserable cuz nobody give a shit about us therefore caring for someone else is not in their blood.
Watch him closely and try to be independent and submissive cuz you never can tell what the future hold but if you feel like the relationship does not have a future just make your move....

1 Like

Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Percaput: 2:03pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
" ...he didn't make attempt to put things back to order like a man should..."

The bolded means what exactly? He should pay for your bills while you lie on your back ? Please enlighten us because I am seriously confused here

I never talked about paying bills. Finances is even outta the story.
I mean when you make statements to hurt another person, it's necessary to reconcile and that can be done through apologies, constant reassurance n all so that the trust can be rekindled.
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Percaput: 2:04pm On Nov 20, 2021
Bola146:
Please face front

Blunt Bola..
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Percaput: 2:05pm On Nov 20, 2021
Mercychen:
lipsrsealed

The guy don taya. You too move on.

Stop forcing yourself on a man. It makes you valueless to them.

Life goes on.

Forcing a relationship isn't it tho but thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Hashabiah: 2:06pm On Nov 20, 2021
Percaput:

I never talked about paying bills. Finances is even outta the story.
I mean when you make statements to hurt another person, it's necessary to reconcile and that can be done through apologies, constant reassurance n all so that the trust can be rekindled.
Let me get this straight: so your definition of him "putting things in order like a man " , is to apologize to you for not paying you a visit while you were sick..? Aunty , your relationship is barely 2 months old , yet you have great expectations from someone you just met under 6 weeks ? Wallahi...you go old o. undecided
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Percaput: 2:06pm On Nov 20, 2021
Brunosamel:
Just like you said he is suffering you should have zero expectations from him, it's not every guys that are the caring type some of us have been messed-up and miserable cuz nobody give a shit about us therefore caring for someone else is not in their blood.
Watch him closely and try to be independent and submissive cuz you never can tell what the future hold but if you feel like the relationship does not have a future just make your move....

Thanks... I think such people should not go near a relationship in the first place.
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Percaput: 2:09pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
Let me get this straight: so your definition of him "putting things in order like a man " , is to apologize to you for not paying you a visit while you were sick..? Aunty , your relationship is barely 2 months old , yet you have great expectations from someone you just met under 6 weeks ? Wallahi...you go old o. undecided

Your opinion tho... anyways thanks.
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by bepositive11: 2:28pm On Nov 20, 2021
Broke or not broke, look at his character

If he is broke and has bad character, you're wasting your time

Even if he has money but has bad character, you're still wasting your time because he will eventually end up broke

2 Likes

Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Bola146(f): 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2021
Percaput:

Blunt Bola..

sad angry
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Sonnobax15(m): 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
lipsrsealed
I just had a similar discussion with my bae....Na only her use her own mouth tell me say she go grow with me cheesy. You need to see the kind joy wey full my belle once cheesy

Like seriously op,leave that nigha alone..Na just matter of time before he go realize him mistakes......By then, hope you too go don still realize say he isn't the real dude for you.. cool

Wish you good luck.....Na people like us una suppose to dey date...We wey be the cool-headed people cool
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2021
Percaput:
I've had my experience with guys still struggling and it always doesn't end well at all.
Met this guy about a month ago and truth be told, i really took my time observing him. He lied about his job description and accomodation at first but i later got to find out and i told him i will grow with him provided i see that he also makes effort. After about a month n half, i accepted to date him.
Ever since then, he changed his manner of addressing me as tho he's now a lord over me.
This is a guy I've never made a demand from nor accept anything from him when he makes an attempt cos i know he needs it more.
I got a shocker when i called to tell him i was sick n i needed him at that time n he responded " I can't kill myself" im also busy here and refused to apologise for saying such until i had to call him by myself to tell him the statement was bad. He apologized n i forgave him only for him to start complaining that stopped using endearing words n i told him i only forgave him but i needed time to heal since he didn't make attempt to put things back to order like a man should and the next thing he blocked me.

Few points to note...
Dating a "broke guy", does not automatically mean you're "growing" with him...
Having sex with a "broke guy" does not mean you're "growing" with him...
Just being around a "broke guy" doesn't mean you're "growing" with him ...
Not accepting gifts from a "broke guy", because you pity him does not mean you're "growing" with him...((in some cases sef, it would appear as disrespect))

If the above is the only thing you do for a "broke guy", mark my words, you've not done anything and he will leave you when he makes it ((at least me I know I will definitely leave you when I find someone better))...

Before you say, you "grew" with a broke guy, it means you played a reasonable part in his progress by making sacrifices for him...
If you didn't do this, you didn't grow up with anybody, you probably was just bidding your time or something...

And for this guy you spoke about, it seems he has a major character flaw, let him work on himself first so he doesn't take out his frustration on you...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Candidlady: 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2021
Op please bring your CHEEK my PALM wanna tell it something!
cheapor
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Percaput: 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
Favfables1:

Few points to note...
Dating a "broke guy", does not automatically mean you're "growing" with him...
Having sex with a "broke guy" does not mean you're "growing" with him...
Just being around a "broke guy" doesn't mean you're "growing" with him ...
Not accepting gifts from a "broke guy", because you pity him does not mean you're "growing" with him...((in some cases sef, it would appear as disrespect))

If the above is the only thing you do for a "broke guy", mark my words, you've not done anything and he will leave you when he makes it ((at least me I know I will definitely leave you when I find someone better))...

Before you say, you "grew" with a broke guy, it means you played a reasonable part in his progress by making sacrifices for him...
If you didn't do this, you didn't grow up with anybody, you probably was just bidding your time or something...

And for this guy you spoke about, it seems he has a major character flaw, let him work on himself first so he doesn't take out his frustration on you...

Yeah i agree with you but then its a decision first before it becomes a process where a sacrifice/playing a major role can occur right.
Thanks
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Percaput: 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
Candidlady:
Op please bring your CHEEK my PALM wanna tell it something!

cheapor

Lol..
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Percaput: 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
I just had a similar discussion with my bae....Na only her use her own mouth tell me say she go grow with me cheesy. You need to see the kind joy wey full my belle once cheesy

Like seriously op,leave that nigha alone..Na just matter of time before he go realize him mistakes......By then, hope you too go don still realize say he isn't the real dude for you.. cool

Wish you good luck.....Na people like us una suppose to dey date...We wey be the cool-headed people cool

Lol...Thank you
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by AoifeNightfall: 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2021
Leave that LOSER if you know what is good for you.
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Percaput: 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2021
AoifeNightfall:
Leave that LOSER if you know what is good for you.

I've done that.
Many thanks.
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2021
He's got issues,move on.Not all broke guys have sense.
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2021
Percaput:

This girl... be like u go like love too much o. Try dey calm down. Everybody eyes dey red cheesy

1 Like

Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Boogyman557: 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2021
Holly Gram cool amabobi real matters. WTF MAN
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Bigpapi: 5:05pm On Nov 20, 2021
Percaput:

Thanks... I think such people should not go near a relationship in the first place.

Who u epp?
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by SavageResponse(m): 5:19pm On Nov 20, 2021
The guy thinks he has already outgrown you.

It's best for you to move on now!
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Percaput: 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
SavageResponse:
The guy thinks he has already outgrown you.

It's best for you to move on now!

Thank you very much.
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Percaput: 5:56pm On Nov 20, 2021
killmods:

This girl... be like u go like love too much o. Try dey calm down. Everybody eyes dey red cheesy

Smiles..
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Percaput: 5:56pm On Nov 20, 2021
Iyaebe:
He's got issues,move on.Not all broke guys have sense.

Truly n really..
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by khreus(m): 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2021
Percaput:
Well
A real broke guy doesn’t need a lady growing with him, what he needs growing is his dream and ambition
My opinion tho
Re: Growing With A Broke Guy: Is It Worth It After All? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 20, 2021
Percaput:

Smiles..
There u go.. smile more. Your own no go pass u by kiss

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Edo Girls So Arrogant / Unbellvable! Video Of A Pastor Teaching S£X Practical In The Church [video] / Don't Discourage Anyone Because You Had A Bad Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.