Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Meet My Turkey Mums & Chicks - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Meet My Turkey Mums & Chicks (63223 Views)

BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats / How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs / Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet My Turkey Mums & Chicks by safarifarms(m): 4:10pm On Oct 15, 2023
This nice thread has finally died cry

A7:
Hello, welcome - greetings.

My two turkeys recently hatched, the growth update of the babies (poults) will be primarily shared on this thread.

As at 20th November 2021 there has been 24 eggs laid, 12 hatched, 10 unhatched & 2 got eaten (i suspected the male turkey).

The hungry/yawning one at the last pic hatches today.
Re: Meet My Turkey Mums & Chicks by gat2so(m): 7:44pm On Feb 20
My 7 weeks old poult … they were hatched January first 2024 …
They stayed just 9 days with the mum Jenny before I separated them..

They are 7 in numbers but one died when they were three weeks but the others survived the infections due to timely administering of thyroxin med …

I will continue to update this threads with their Growth and improvements…

The second mother Jenny has started breeding her egg hopefully she will hatched by middle of march …

Re: Meet My Turkey Mums & Chicks by gat2so(m): 4:14pm On Mar 10
gat2so:
My 7 weeks old poult … they were hatched January first 2024 …
They stayed just 9 days with the mum Jenny before I separated them..

They are 7 in numbers but one died when they were three weeks but the others survived the infections due to timely administering of thyroxin med …

I will continue to update this threads with their Growth and improvements…

The second mother Jenny has started breeding her egg hopefully she will hatched by middle of march …

They are 9 weeks plus now … their mum have lay 7 eggs yet and their elder sister have lay 8 eggs while we are awaiting the other mum Jenny to hatched her egg by next week …

March and April will be rain of poults in our home… 🤣🤣😂😂

Cos we have 3 expectant mum at the moment …

Re: Meet My Turkey Mums & Chicks by Kadoban50: 7:42am On Mar 11
Hello sir my poults are dying ,is there any suggestion you can help with ,they are local turkeys and like 2 weeks old now .Please reply sir
Re: Meet My Turkey Mums & Chicks by jidestroud(m): 9:37am On Mar 11
gat2so:

They are 9 weeks plus now … their mum have lay 7 eggs yet and their elder sister have lay 8 eggs while we are awaiting the other mum Jenny to hatched her egg by next week …

Lovely. Jenny, such a beautiful name.
Re: Meet My Turkey Mums & Chicks by gat2so(m): 4:38pm On Mar 11
Kadoban50:
Hello sir my poults are dying ,is there any suggestion you can help with ,they are local turkeys and like 2 weeks old now .Please reply sir

Sorry my brother … I had encountered such mass mutuality in my past for consecutives 6 times they all dies as soon as they clocked 2 weeks …

Firstly you needs to get a a strong spectrum medication for birds… (𝙏𝙮𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙣 𝙊𝙧 𝙙𝙤𝙘𝙭𝙮𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙤𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙮𝙡𝙤𝙙𝙤𝙭 is expensive but it work magic.) mix any of those med with Gumbocin for continuous 5 days In their water …then you give them multivitamins for another 5 days …

You should repeat this every two weeks till they get to two months …

As you do this make sure you provide a clean housing with adequate heat source ….

As you can see from my previous post when they are 6-7 weeks ..they are tamed in an enclosed space with little and regulated vent for fresh air as soon as they are four days old …

I always let their mom Jen teach them how to feeds and drink within the first 3 to 4 days then I take them away from the mom…

I hope this work for you … feel free to reach on to me for further assistance in my dm if I’m late to reply you in here due to my inability to be online here always …
Re: Meet My Turkey Mums & Chicks by gat2so(m): 5:02pm On Mar 11
jidestroud:

Lovely. Jenny, such a beautiful name.

Yes they answered feminine names … the males Answered names likes Tom,Jeff, and so on…
Re: Meet My Turkey Mums & Chicks by gat2so(m): 4:15pm On Mar 21
gat2so:

Frame 1. The Rafter are introduce into the flocks … which was easily than expected… they are 12 weeks old now … The dad Tom watched over them day and night while the mother and elder siblings are brooding their eggs ….

Frame 2.. The other mummy Jenny has hatched just 5 of the 10 eggs lay … they are 5 days old now I will withdraw them away from the mom when they clocked a week old …

The elder siblings to the 12 weeks old Rafter and their mom Jake will probably hatch their eggs by second weeks of April….

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Biggest Fishes In My Fish Farm / The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business / Photo Of The Longest Yam In Nigeria Harvested In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.