Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,069 members, 7,828,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? (43846 Views)

Loan Hack: How To Always Get Your Online Loan Application Approved / How Does Someone Remove His/her Data From An Online Loan Platform? / Innocent Chukwuma Innoson Sues EFCC N200bn For ‘Defamation, Falsehood’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by udemzyudex(m): 5:28am On Nov 22, 2021
LongBig:

Well if I no get, I get places to borrow and not from loan sharks!

LOL.. Ok
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by yom2(m): 5:32am On Nov 22, 2021
ikenna44:
I remember when one of these fintechs wanted to start up in 2015... I told them during interviews... Lending money to nigerians without collaterals is very risky!

I can only imagine what their portfolio at risk will look like today
oga go Sidon. If they are not making a kill they wount still be standing.. Loan companies scamming poor masses, 5k to pay back 9k in 7 days.

2 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Caseless: 5:33am On Nov 22, 2021
Such thing cannot work in Nigeria. Our people are chronic debtors. People always want to steal from people. Then imagine what it is when they receive such as loans - they won't pay.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by yom2(m): 5:39am On Nov 22, 2021
phazotron:

Bros, no be everybody dey borrow without intention of paying back. E Be like life never jam you Sha. Or maybe you still dey collect free money from your papa
no mind am. Him just dey run him mouth any how.

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by ikenna44: 5:49am On Nov 22, 2021
Nobody forced you to take the money. Take responsibility for once... You cant keep blaming others for your choices!

yom2:
oga go Sidon. If they are not making a kill they wount still be standing.. Loan companies scamming poor masses, 5k to pay back 9k in 7 days.

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Austinbiggy(m): 6:13am On Nov 22, 2021
Run from Lcredit they will finish you
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Ade4God: 6:28am On Nov 22, 2021
For now, i ignore such messages. I wasn't there when the person obtain the loan, claiming the person uses me as a guarantor is degrading and insulting when i didnt sign any documents for such loan. The extent this loan Shylock go to to retrieve their money is bad. I may press charges soon, when i get such messages in future.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by KingOKON: 6:34am On Nov 22, 2021
ivolt:

They don't beg.

After insulting my younger bros with 2local girls, they are now begging with a perfect gentleman
They do beg
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by KingOKON: 6:39am On Nov 22, 2021
ikenna44:
Nobody forced you to take the money. Take responsibility for once... You cant keep blaming others for your choices!

Choices of Blackmail, defamation, and threats who will sign up for such nonsense?
What's stop em from being professional and taking the due legal process
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by seunlayi(m): 6:49am On Nov 22, 2021
Caseless:
Such thing cannot work in Nigeria. Our people are chronic debtors. People always want to steal from people. Then imagine what it is when they receive such as loans - they won't pay.
Have you forgotten that Nigeria herself is a debtor?

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by seunlayi(m): 6:53am On Nov 22, 2021
KingOKON:

After insulting my younger bros with 2local girls, they are now begging with a perfect gentleman
They do beg
A friend got a message after deciding not to pay back her 150k loan due to the blackmail she got for defaulting for 4 days 2 years ago that she can now pay 110k to offset the loan grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by UselessBuhari: 7:21am On Nov 22, 2021
omasco922:
They are just unprofessional.
How can you as a loan lender do such thing and expect the borrower to repay. Most borrower has the genuine mind to repay, may be they did not get the money on time. After adding late interest fee, you still go and disgrace him. Now your action has cause damage to him and also the loan company which made their actions childish.

They did it also to me. Since they have don their worst, I block all their number both phone and whatsapp ontill I'm ready to repay. I'm no longer rushing to repay.
And before I repay, they must first send apology messages to all my contact and also remove all the overdues.

I told one that 10m naira is not enough to compensate me for what they have done. She later sail they cannot remove all the overdue that they will remove some amount. But when the time comes they will remove all.
You are just another evil Nigerian. You have placed a curse on yourself by taking someone's money and refusing to pay back. Even boasting about it
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:29am On Nov 22, 2021
LongBig:

Abeg don’t come here to vent your frustration on me! Who is owing who are you accusing? DONT PAY ANY LOAN SHARKS AFTER COLLATERAL DAMAGE HAVE BEEN DONE!! Final
Birds of a feather..

Flock together..

If you are not frustrated with life..

You would pay your debts..

Fraudster!!

Evil human beings..

Running another man's business to the ground!!

God punish all of una!

THIEVES!! angry
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by UselessBuhari: 7:33am On Nov 22, 2021
BullyBullies:

Because you have friends and family that can help doesn't mean all the people you see have that same privilege. Reading the comments, I keep wondering to myself whether some of you actually drop from the sky. If people had options, do you think they would go and subject themselves to embarrassment and pressure? Thank God for your own privilege. And if you don't have nice things to say about people that their only option is to use the loan apps, then please just waka pass. I know of someone who took that loan because he needed to pay for his child's hospital bill and no one in his sphere was able to help at that particular moment. Make I continue dey read una comments dey go whilst sipping my chilled palm wine �.
You can defend armed robbers and kidnappers with this same sort of excuse, no difference.
You are just another criminal minded Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:40am On Nov 22, 2021
yom2:
NOBODY forced anyone to go and meet them..

If you don't like their conditions.

Walk away..

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 22, 2021
FAIRMONEY management should fish out the bad fraudulent staff who are using insiders information to dupe ignorant clients.

Over 80% of those indebted to Fairmoney have paid their loans but they ended up paying into wrong accounts given by fraudulent staff. They were given account numbers through Fairmoney Facebook and Whatsapp Channels.

Security Agencies will track those Fraudulent Staff. Fairmoney may end up leaving Nigeria or stop doing business in Nigeria.

Watch out for information and progress report about how Fairmoney and some of their useless staff are scamming Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by LongBig(m): 7:45am On Nov 22, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Birds of a feather..

Flock together..

If you are not frustrated with life..

You would pay your debts..

Fraudster!!

Evil human beings..

Running another man's business to the ground!!

God punish all of una!

THIEVES!! angry

I know you are one of their staff! but why you wan die on top another man matter? What do you stand to gain with this your false accusation? at what cost? THE GROUND IS SLIPPERY BACK OFF!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Westes: 7:55am On Nov 22, 2021
Last year i almost committed suicided due to all this defamation, but this year i am now a hard meat to chew knowing all they can do is rant. If am broke i look for the next app to borrow from. They are foolish even in china were most come from this things are done based on credit score, none will ever report you to credit bureau but instead use this stupid tactics they are not even registered with cbn to perform this operations. Abeg make una no stop ooo cos this is a wonderful system, you cant shame the shameless. Abeg pls dont report them to govt. Piece of advice look for an app save all your contacts, delete all contacts from your phone true caller will always notify you of name of ur callers, also always delete the numbers from your phone log once you done with the call. We must ruin all this bastards, Naija no be Kenya. Chinko learn to do things professionally and stop bulling people this aint china, i pity naija pple wey go they join thinking nah quick way to make money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Paperbag(m): 7:58am On Nov 22, 2021
Jetbound:

These apps have terms of agreement with consequences if you don't repay in time. I'm sure stealing from people's phone is not one of them. If this was a civilized nation a class action suit would have put them out of business already. Downloading user data is also illegal in china. Those companies are here to exploit africans

You don't get my point ...
They asked for your contact to be used by them and you agreed by clicking allow ..so theres no crime in what they do as you already agreed , its a non collateral loan how do you expect them to get their investors money back..

Go and find out what these loan shark companies do to people in asia , some go as far as beating and jailing the debtor ( its far worse ) you see how lapo d disturb ? Dem pass that one ...

You signed away your rights already mate .

I make apps for some few and i know their operand well ...
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Westes: 8:01am On Nov 22, 2021
UselessBuhari:
You are just another evil Nigerian. You have placed a curse on yourself by taking someone's money and refusing to pay back. Even boasting about it

Ode they have notcommitted Sacrilege by calling you a thief and the rest Oga gboju all of us done commit sin
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Westes: 8:07am On Nov 22, 2021
Paperbag:

They asked for your contact to be used by them and you agreed by clicking allow ..so theres no crime in what they do as you already agreed , its a non collateral loan how do you expect them to get their investors money back..

Go and find out what these loan shark companies do to people in asia , some go as far as beating and jailing the debtor ( its far worse ) you see how lapo d disturb ? Dem pass that one ...

I hate when people say this i read the term of condition ur contact is for risk assessment like they wrote and not to be called when you default.

The only apps i will replay is palmcredit and its likes cos they give you 1 month with low interest, even Kash KAsh i dey consider cos last i took no interest and i purposely took it to despise them.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
The CBN will soon make a law, if you borrow and you don't pay back... Anytime wey money enter any bank account linked to your BVN, them go comot your money with interest sef.

I don't understand why some of una go dey borrow money without paying back.

Bullshit

The CBN can never do that. There are global financial laws. Except the person agree to the term of the money being withdrawn from any account.

FAIRMONEY. Fairmoney. The CBN has not done anything to protect Nigerians who are taking loans from Fairmoney. About 80% of those indebted to Fairmoney have paid, but paid into wrong accounts given by fraudulent staff and scammers who have access to Fairmoney data and online Platforms.

Fairmoney should arrest those staff , otherwise they would be forced to stop business in Nigeria.

Fairmoney cannot claim ignorance of such fraud and manipulation and extortion of Nigerians without taking any action except Fairmoney is part of the fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Valuc: 8:13am On Nov 22, 2021
My own is... Why go and borrow 3k.. 5k... Shey u don't have friends ni? Some even borrow 2k... And to repay 2k becomes issue .. this people are here for business .... They v reach der own agreement e reach ur turn wahala.. if you know u wudnt meet up on the due date.. send a mail across to Dem stating ur reason... Highest they will do is to add more interest ... And to get this leverage... U must v been keeping a good record... No b sey u come borrow for the first time .. fiam u don run.. haba no naw
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Paperbag(m): 8:14am On Nov 22, 2021
Westes:

I hate when people say this i read the term of condition ur contact is for risk assessment like they wrote and not to be called when you default.

The only apps i will replay is palmcredit and its likes cos they give you 1 month with low interest, even Kash KAsh i dey consider cos last i took no interest and i purposely took it to despise them.

What is risk assessment ?

When it entails you not paying their money they have to initiate the risk management .

As 9ja system makes it hard for them to know your full info and location ,your contacts is the only way for them ..

If the country had a credit score system they wont bother cause you having a bad score means you will get denied on so many things so you will eventually pay back but here it does not work ...

They pay taxes you know , huge taxes so dont expect the govt to do anything about them in your favor
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Westes: 8:20am On Nov 22, 2021
Paperbag:

When it entails you not paying their money they have to initiate the risk management .

As 9ja system makes it hard for them to know your full info and location ,your contacts is the only way for them ..

If the country had a credit score system they wont bother cause you having a bad score means you will get denied on so many things so you will eventually pay back but here it does not work ...

They pay taxes you know , huge taxes so dont expect the govt to do anything about them in your favor

Bro forget it last year i misplaced my phone i was owing Fairmoney and i forgot and some other apps wanted to borrow 20k from renmoney and they brought out my credit score that am owning fairmoney which blocked my chance, now i will still pay fairmoney cos of future endeavors but other loan apps don enter voice mail cos they gat nothing on me. So you see what am saying, so if you are a staff let your mgt know about this and stop the likes of me going rampage with all this apps.

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 22, 2021
Paperbag:

In which of the Countries in Asia do loan sharks beat and jail debtors? Definitely, not Japan, China and other rich Asian Countries, may be India.

FAIRMONEY. Fairmoney. What happens in developed countries is not the case in Nigeria. About 80% of those indebted to Fairmoney paid back their loans but they paid into wrong accounts given to them by fraudulent staff and scammers with inside information.

Fairmoney management cannot claim ignorance of these open frauds. It is likely they are part of the fraud.

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Westes: 8:30am On Nov 22, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
NOBODY forced anyone to go and meet them..

If you don't like their conditions.

Walk away..

Who told you they disturb my watsapp and texts message with messages so forget that one
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 22, 2021
Paperbag:

Oga, you have been talking since, what about those having difficulty paying back using the application, make call only IVR answers, sent mail no response and finally go to social media platform of the loan shark where a customer representative gave them an alternative account number to pay. Immediately the payment is made, all the platforms that failed to respond earlier will now start to send messages and one will tell you that you have been scammed, you have paid into wrong account. That is Fairmoney for you.

A lot of Nigerians have witnessed so many things in the hands of Fairmoney. That may be the same in other loan sharks. A loan shark cannot claim ignorance of fraudulent staff and scammers with inside information duping ignorant Nigerians. Nigerian youths will fight back.

Fairmoney is sitting on a keg of gun powder.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by streetsoldier1(m): 8:44am On Nov 22, 2021
the reason for high default rate is simple, how can u give a loan with an interest of 54% in 7 days. Check out those few loan apps with reasonable rate, they hardly record default
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Froshloaded: 9:20am On Nov 22, 2021
stacyadams:

Lol people wey borrow money from loan app no d keep Mooney for their account
Aiit
Another approach, they should introduce something like credit score.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:34am On Nov 22, 2021
Westes:

Who told you they disturb my watsapp and texts message with messages so forget that one
Disturbing your WhatsApp..

Does not equate to forcing you?

You are bombarded with adverts every day..

That doesn't mean you are being forced..

If you can't afford an item..

All you need to do is to respect yourself..
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:37am On Nov 22, 2021
LongBig:

I know you are one of their staff! but why you wan die on top another man matter? What do you stand to gain with this your false accusation? at what cost? THE GROUND IS SLIPPERY BACK OFF!!
Go and take several seats!

I am a staff because I don't support THIEVES?

By their fruits..

They shall be known..

If you are not a Fraudster..

Then you wouldn't be supporting FRAUD!! angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Complete Digital Marketing Training Online / 5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019 / Innocent Chukwuma Flown To Lagos In Shorts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.