Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,481 members, 7,830,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? (43872 Views)

Loan Hack: How To Always Get Your Online Loan Application Approved / How Does Someone Remove His/her Data From An Online Loan Platform? / Innocent Chukwuma Innoson Sues EFCC N200bn For ‘Defamation, Falsehood’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Westes: 9:40am On Nov 22, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Disturbing your WhatsApp..

Does not equate to forcing you?

You are bombarded with adverts every day..

That doesn't mean you are being forced..

If you can't afford an item..

All you need to do is to respect yourself..

Issokay con collect the money for my pocket now

2 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Myexdisturbs: 9:43am On Nov 22, 2021
JosephXavier:
Maybe this is a coincidence, I don't know. But today I learnt that a guy borrowed money from over 15 loan apps and refused to pay

This kind of person don't give a damn if he is blackmailed or not

These are the people that make it look difficult for people with genuine reason for not meeting up with repayment of their loans

But I think that after a person is deflamed, he or she should get a recompense for that, perhaps, the new law which is to check these excesses of online App agents should be hastened to put the embarrassment on check
What of a new law to criminal defaulters? undecided
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 22, 2021
Paperbag:

You don't get my point ...
They asked for your contact to be used by them and you agreed by clicking allow ..so theres no crime in what they do as you already agreed , its a non collateral loan how do you expect them to get their investors money back..

Go and find out what these loan shark companies do to people in asia , some go as far as beating and jailing the debtor ( its far worse ) you see how lapo d disturb ? Dem pass that one ...

You signed away your rights already mate .

I make apps for some few and i know their operand well ...

so, are you saying if I agree that if I default they are free to killllllll me, has given them right to murdr.

There are rules for everything, it's the government that determine what is right or wrong ,

Secondly they don't have right over your contacts by mere agreement, even you as the owner of the phone , you don't have right over your contacts once any other is not ok recievi ing call from you, you don't have any right to disturb them
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by FlipModeSquade(m): 10:47am On Nov 22, 2021
Westes:

Issokay con collect the money for my pocket now
Who want collect which money from your pocket?

The Loan company you refused to pay back?

Or the ones that are not putting gun for your head to come and take loan?

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 22, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

What of a new law to criminal defaulters? undecided
the government will determine that, I think they're using global standing order
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by BullyBullies: 11:29am On Nov 22, 2021
UselessBuhari:
You can defend armed robbers and kidnappers with this same sort of excuse, no difference.
You are just another criminal minded Nigerian

Don't worry. Life will hit you. Keep record of this date.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by UselessBuhari: 11:34am On Nov 22, 2021
BullyBullies:

Don't worry. Life will hit you. Keep record of this date.
You are a thief. Life has hit me and I didn't turn to an armed robber because of that

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by tofolo(m): 11:34am On Nov 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
The CBN will soon make a law, if you borrow and you don't pay back... Anytime wey money enter any bank account linked to your BVN, them go comot your money with interest sef.

I don't understand why some of una go dey borrow money without paying back.

Bullshit
They have started doing it sef..... any account you have money will be debited.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by UselessBuhari: 11:36am On Nov 22, 2021
We have armed robbers and kidnappers active on this Nairaland
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by LongBig(m): 12:22pm On Nov 22, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Go and take several seats!

I am a staff because I don't support THIEVES?

By their fruits..

They shall be known..

If you are not a Fraudster..

Then you wouldn't be supporting FRAUD!! >:
(

No hard feelings fighting for your paycheck but do that diligently!

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by DonBenny77(m): 1:15pm On Nov 22, 2021
I won't repay, irreparable damage done already

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by DonBenny77(m): 1:17pm On Nov 22, 2021
UselessBuhari:
You are just another evil Nigerian. You have placed a curse on yourself by taking someone's money and refusing to pay back. Even boasting about it
You are more Evil
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by grammarcop(m): 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jidegaf:

I only sympathize with japa group.If you have ambition of traveling never owl any finance house who report on credit bureau,It might cost you Application rejection.

Only if you're owing a registered financial body.
Most loan sharks aren't registered

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Orangebasket: 5:25pm On Nov 22, 2021
BullyBullies:

Did the loan companies tell you that all the people that got their loans default? Why are most of you speaking as if it is all the people that got those loans that don't pay back? Loan companies are just cruel and devilish. Things happen and a vast majority of people that patronise them might just have no option left, not that they Waka jẹjẹ to go collect loans! You people should be smart. Do t just comment for commenting sake. These loan people are mostly Chinese companies, and Chinese are just too wicked and cruel. I guess some of you have never worked with them before so you don't know the kind of people they are.
Why am i just seeing this?? Oga you are talking in the Nonsense o..... So tell me.. If na normal naija bank you waka go collect loan with collateral..and you are due to pay back...you will start giving them attitude?? Or maybe you will stop them from collecting the collateral from you?? Or when they do you call them wicked?? Or maybe you tell them things happened??

Mtcheeeww...

Now,flexible companies are out to help people with easy/quick financial aid and you think its anybody's right whatsoever to default.... Whether something happened or not... How is that the company's business??... So cause something happened they should forget about their money??

Oga check your brain well...

If you have no option but to collect loan from them..you should equally have a means of repaying in mind...and not when they device a means of getting their money back..you call them wicked... But then they were angels when they gave you the money abi??

Oga we need to erase this yeye mentality from our mind... Its not right!!

If you know you cant repay back..dont borrow..even if something happened at the process.. Find another means to pay back at the due date.

We to sabi abuse things for here

Now geniune people that needs this soft loans with genuine means of paying back now find it difficult to access the loans..all thanks to people that think like you..

And scrap that 'chinese companies are wicked' shit.... You all are the ones that find it hard to stick to terms and condition!!
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by UselessBuhari: 5:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
DonBenny77:

You are more Evil
How ?
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Paperbag(m): 8:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
jackslow:
so, are you saying if I agree that if I default they are free to killllllll me, has given them right to murdr.

There are rules for everything, it's the government that determine what is right or wrong ,

Secondly they don't have right over your contacts by mere agreement, even you as the owner of the phone , you don't have right over your contacts once any other is not ok recievi ing call from you, you don't have any right to disturb them

Bros go and talk to a lawyer maybe he will shed more light on it ...peace out
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Paperbag(m): 8:12pm On Nov 22, 2021
babaolofin:

Oga, you have been talking since, what about those having difficulty paying back using the application, make call only IVR answers, sent mail no response and finally go to social media platform of the loan shark where a customer representative gave them an alternative account number to pay. Immediately the payment is made, all the platforms that failed to respond earlier will now start to send messages and one will tell you that you have been scammed, you have paid into wrong account. That is Fairmoney for you.

A lot of Nigerians have witnessed so many things in the hands of Fairmoney. That may be the same in other loan sharks. A loan shark cannot claim ignorance of fraudulent staff and scammers with inside information duping ignorant Nigerians. Nigerian youths will fight back.

Fairmoney is sitting on a keg of gun powder.

Bros im not supporting them or anything thing , im only talking from a legal point here ... If one go to court this are what you will battle with ...

Just like you signing your house over to someone because u need money , if deadline reach the person can do at will what he wants ..e no get court u wan carry am go ..

My own is if you don't want such dont just take loans from them .

If you know what they do people in asia country you will know they are really nice with us ..

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Paperbag(m): 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
Westes:

Bro forget it last year i misplaced my phone i was owing Fairmoney and i forgot and some other apps wanted to borrow 20k from renmoney and they brought out my credit score that am owning fairmoney which blocked my chance, now i will still pay fairmoney cos of future endeavors but other loan apps don enter voice mail cos they gat nothing on me. So you see what am saying, so if you are a staff let your mgt know about this and stop the likes of me going rampage with all this apps.

Im no management bro ...

Same talk we d yarn ...

In developed countries that depends so much on credit facilities and stuff , bad credit score have turned many homeless n jobless ..u just have to find way pay up ..

But 9ja e no too d work thats why dem d do that call tin , try understand my point ...this money na investors and even borrowed money dem d use so d will try d available means to get dem money back ..

Make we d talk truth nah

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:17am On Nov 23, 2021
ericmor:

Don't mind those people up there. There was a time I needed money for my business during the locked down period and I got a #50k loan from a company loan app. I couldn't pay the money for like 4month after the repayment due date, the company didn't even call me but they only send me text messages to remind me of the loan amount with interest and immediately I got the money to pay, I just cleared the loan with me adding my own interest join their own self and I still have some money on their app there, and there was one other one that I got just 10k from that was sending me some disturbing messages n I was expecting any of my friends to call me and tell me they got a call or message from them cus if they did I wouldn't have bothered myself to pay that money back. You insult me call me names to my client that will pay me money to clear my loan and cause damages to my business and u still expect me to pay you back the loan with interest, ko Jo o

Exactly.

No loan app will defame me, and still expect me to repay.

After spoiling my name!!! In fact, they are the ones who should be paying for damages.

Their contract says they can go through any means to collect their money.

Any means should be any means under the law

Defamation is not allowed under the law. Physical and verbal harassment are not allowed under the law. Threats are not allowed under the law.

The only means allowed under the law is reporting to the credit bureau.

2 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by watchindelta(m): 5:13pm On Nov 23, 2021
Annie001:

Collateral for 2k, 3k, 7k?
7K ki undecided undecided REALLY
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by sexyshola1218: 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2021
Bro, i will advise you use a trusted Loan App sha, no go fall for any online loan shark wey dey threaten people. I currently use FairMoney to collect loan
Jmichael1:
I nid loan asap,hw do i apply 4 loan online?
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Springboot: 8:58pm On Nov 23, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
The CBN will soon make a law, if you borrow and you don't pay back... Anytime wey money enter any bank account linked to your BVN, them go comot your money with interest sef.

I don't understand why some of una go dey borrow money without paying back.

Bullshit

The law is already in place but Loan sharks don't fall under that category, no matter how desperate a man is, you don't give out loans with such high interest and short period, yes you might blame them for taking the loan after seeing it but they might be in conditions which leaves them no choice. Loan apps operators don't even have access to CRB.

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Jmichael1(m): 10:07pm On Nov 23, 2021
sexyshola1218:
Bro, i will advise you use a trusted Loan App sha, no go fall for any online loan shark wey dey threaten people. I currently use FairMoney to collect loan

tnx bro...
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by aramanda14: 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2021
I think FairMoney is the best among all of them
sexyshola1218:
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Bobbiet(m): 12:42pm On Nov 25, 2021
So far.. I have 4 reliable lenders. Jumia pay(quick check), palm credit, fairmoney and branch. Otjers are sharks.

2 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by sexyshola1218: 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
Na only FairMoney be reliable lender for me, dem no dey stress my life
Bobbiet:
So far.. I have 4 reliable lenders. Jumia pay(quick check), palm credit, fairmoney and branch. Otjers are sharks.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by sexyshola1218: 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2021
Seeing messages like this gets me angry. people should stop patronizing all these roadside loan sharks. Use credible and recognized platform like FairMoney no issues
Sowiki:
It's no news to any Nigerian that Online Loan operators resort to blackmailing their clients when they default in paying up their loans as and when due.

The blackmail usually comes in form of sending series derogatory and defaming messages to all the contacts on the defaulting client's phone. The message could be targeted at a prospective employer, client, inlaw or just any important contact on the client's contact list. The damage this can cause to the client can only be imagined.

While it's wrong to default in paying up the loan, is this approach not too drastic and unprofessional?

Question : After doing their worst and subjecting a client to this level of ridicule, does the client still have to pay back the loaned sum? If yes, how does the loan operators compensate him for the damaged caused to his person?
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by sexyshola1218: 5:03pm On Nov 25, 2021
grin grin grin i remember one time one loan company called my friend that they were on the way to arrest him(after he paid his loan) and he should send address. I don learn my lesson sha an only FairMoney and other sure people I dey use now
tillaman:
grin
Next step is for them to market the defaulter family house
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by sexyshola1218: 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2021
I get what you are trying to say, but some people pay off the loans and these loan companies still continue threatening them until when they probably get alert or something. before I started using FairMoney this year one Loan app showed me different colors of problem even after I paid the loan.
NGArmyTerrorist:
Blackmailing a thief! If you had ever borrowed money from these apps and never wanted to pay back; you're a thief and not different from those keep your country from moving forward what prevented you from borrowing from your friends or neighbors because you know that your a thief. Now, you want to say nonsense about your privacy and data violation and not saying anything about paying back your loan. Evil citizens!
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by jerryidinoba: 5:26pm On Nov 25, 2021
I think the first problem is not knowing who to take loan from. people need to actually wake up sha, loan companies like FairMoney don't stress their customers everything is transparent
winningwinner:

But why make things difficult for people? I know someone in desperate need for money. He approached an online loaner through their app and was promised N120000. He filled out the form and submitted. After a while the app boldly and forcibly offered him only N25000 for just 7-days! Because he desperately needs the money, he decided to take the loan. Bravo! Disbursement was made and the amount to pay back in that 7-days was N45,234. Why? He was not given an option to choose... After seven days he could not pay back, not that he didn't want to pay back, but just that the money was not complete at that time. He saw that the money was increasing by N1000 on daily basis and he started servicing the debt by paying in N20000. The next day he started receiving calls from friends and people he had in his contact about a character assassinating messages they were getting. At this point, what good has the loan company done? Why should they expect to be paid with such attitude? Who does 7-days with high interest help? Instead of defending such sharp and ungodly business styles, think of the damages done...
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by jerryidinoba: 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
Broooo i was in a similar situation in 2020 since then I have stopped using all these dirty loan companies. I recently started using FairMoney and it's been smooth so far
unitysheart:

I haven't even defaulted before they messaged my people that they should warn me not to default so that they won't label me a fraudster. I took up the matter with the company and dem begin beg.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by jerryidinoba: 6:25pm On Nov 25, 2021
Omo avoid all these online loan sharks o I advise you just use FairMoney that's what I use currently
Jmichael1:
I nid loan asap,hw do i apply 4 loan online?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Complete Digital Marketing Training Online / 5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019 / Innocent Chukwuma Flown To Lagos In Shorts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.