Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,250 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? (43855 Views)

Loan Hack: How To Always Get Your Online Loan Application Approved / How Does Someone Remove His/her Data From An Online Loan Platform? / Innocent Chukwuma Innoson Sues EFCC N200bn For ‘Defamation, Falsehood’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Annie001: 7:46pm On Nov 21, 2021
FuckDModz:
They'll keep sending the messages and tracking your bank account until you pay up.

Nigerians are difficult people. Why take a loan when you have no means of paying it back?

Some of these fuc.king bastards have means of paying back, but they would rather receive payment for their pathetic services with another person's account just to pepper the loan company.

The best way to go about this is still imprisonment!
Idiots should be imprisoned if they fail to pay back a non-collateral loan after some time. Then send a message to their contacts that their idiot relative has been remanded in prison with no hope of even watery beans.
If that is the case Buhari should also be in prison.
Ode
I hope you get into a terrible situation that will make you borrow and not be able to pay back, then you will come back to say this rubbish

8 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2021
The loan campanies are faulty in a way
Not informing guarantors before loans are taken. So they don't have the right to text or call "unverified guarantors.
However, people are very wicked. You take loan without having plans to repay back, you must be a wicked soul. Do you know that is someone's business, or is it wrong they gave you loan.
I took two loans today after making enough plans and calculations aligning them to my cash inflows. I thought of how much I need for my project, when will i receive money, considered the interest for two loan companies, realized the interest for Lcredit is more than the interest for quick check. I could only take 22k for quick check, but could take 58k for Lcredit. Since I needed only about 35k, i took the 22k for quick check for 1 month period and took the remaining from lcredit for 15 days. I know before the 15days, I will ofset lcredit and must have been settling off quick check. I don't want embarrasment and I planned myself.

It is evil collecting loan and not pay. These people are trying, it's nsdot easy to give out loan to who you have never met or had a deal with before. Nigerians are ungrateful and we deserve what we are currently facing. Heartless people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Mrbenny001: 7:49pm On Nov 21, 2021
Welcome development..but note... Most of those loan company except few, with banks too will not be included cos they fraudulent as well
DubaiLandLord1:
The CBN will soon make a law, if you borrow and you don't pay back... Anytime wey money enter the bank account linked to your BVN, them go comot your money with interest sef.

I don't understand why some of una go dey borrow money without paying back.

Bullshit
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
The CBN will soon make a law, if you borrow and you don't pay back... Anytime wey money enter the bank account linked to your BVN, them go comot your money with interest sef.

Bullshit
Very good move. But the interest rates would have to be looked into before they can pass the law.

2 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by erniok(m): 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2021
blamingthedevil:

The policy is already in place
The policy is for money banks not the app lenders. Those ones are not regulated by CBN.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by BullyBullies: 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2021
temmypotter:
There’s some Seriously wrong with you OP and everyone on here who thinks this way, Hian! Why are Nigerians so untrustworthy and irresponsible, you collect loans you have no intention of paying back and then start crying wolf when a business that’s loosing money starts pursuing you for what you duly owe them

I think anyone borrowing meagre sums from these companies are people who lack credibility else why can’t you ask friends and family for such sums, but you will now take a loan from loan sharks cause it’s accessible and start avoiding them and not picking calls when the money is due

It’s a disgusting attitude!

Because you have friends and family that can help doesn't mean all the people you see have that same privilege. Reading the comments, I keep wondering to myself whether some of you actually drop from the sky. If people had options, do you think they would go and subject themselves to embarrassment and pressure? Thank God for your own privilege. And if you don't have nice things to say about people that their only option is to use the loan apps, then please just waka pass. I know of someone who took that loan because he needed to pay for his child's hospital bill and no one in his sphere was able to help at that particular moment. Make I continue dey read una comments dey go whilst sipping my chilled palm wine �.

6 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by FarahAideed: 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2021
omasco922:
They are just unprofessional.
How can you as a loan lender do such thing and expect the borrower to repay. Most borrower has the genuine mind to repay, may be they did not get the money on time. After adding late interest fee, you still go and disgrace him. Now your action has cause damage to him and also the loan company which made their actions childish.

They did it also to me. Since they have don their worst, I block all their number both phone and whatsapp ontill I'm ready to repay. I'm no longer rushing to repay.
And before I repay, they must first send apology messages to all my contact and also remove all the overdues.

I told one that 10m naira is not enough to compensate me for what they have done. She later sail they cannot remove all the overdue that they will remove some amount. But when the time comes they will remove all.

I am sure there are not the first people you are owing na
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by joyandfaith: 7:52pm On Nov 21, 2021
neutralmind:

A global standing order is executed with consent.

Cbn can not effect deductions on an account because of loans.

If I owe a creditor and I promise to repay from a specific account in bank A. I therefore give the creditor permission to debit my account in case of default.

The creditor or CBN can not debit my account in bank B without my consent.

If they do the case will end up in court and I will surely win.

Order is signed at point of collecting loan not after.

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by NGArmyTerrorist: 7:52pm On Nov 21, 2021
Blackmailing a thief! If you had ever borrowed money from these apps and never wanted to pay back; you're a thief and not different from those keep your country from moving forward what prevented you from borrowing from your friends or neighbors because you know that your a thief. Now, you want to say nonsense about your privacy and data violation and not saying anything about paying back your loan. Evil citizens!

4 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by hope4nigeria(m): 7:53pm On Nov 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Bullshit
thief, how can you be giving loan with 40%interest in 7days, if you send derogatory message to my contacts, I will never pay again. You and CBN will do nothing as I won't use all my accounts to receive money again

3 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by TheMostComplex1: 7:54pm On Nov 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Bullshit

This's very good. Most of the borrowers are wicked & heartless & wouldn't want to repay their loans except if they are forced

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by TheMostComplex1: 7:55pm On Nov 21, 2021
NGArmyTerrorist:
Blackmailing a thief! If you had ever borrowed money from these apps and never wanted to pay back; you're a thief and not different from those keep your country from moving forward what prevented you from borrowing from your friends or neighbors because you know that your a thief. Now, you want to say nonsense about your privacy and data violation and not saying anything about paying back your loan. Evil citizens!

Thank you
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:56pm On Nov 21, 2021
LongBig:
Why pay back when a collateral damage have been done? If they insist on getting back their funds tell them to go do damage control. Simple!
Why take a loan and refuse to pay back?

You should be jailed for absconding with monies that does not belong to you.

You are a Fraudster!

Heartless people!! angry

5 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Olayinka92: 7:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
Tunex252:
A friend of mine got a small android phone, buy a new sim card and save random numbers on the phone, then he went ahead and borrowed 25k from this loan sharks, they sent all sort of messages and insult to him, the guy insulted them back say what else can they do, only to defame and send stupid messages to his contacts, then he told them he his not going to pay back and they should do their worst.. omo na dem later beg my guy oogrin serious begging
Then, you should be careful with such a friend that has no conscience. A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Bullshit

This is how these things work in advanced climes. Why borrow money with no intention to pay back?
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by AK481(m): 7:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
nautybride:
Since you have their BVN, deduct your money from any of the defaulters account.

The defamation is bad. Simple!
I know a plumber using the wife bank account to receive payment for 4 years now.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by neutralmind: 7:58pm On Nov 21, 2021
joyandfaith:

Order is signed at point of collecting loan not after.

Absolutely Correct.

Without a mandate at the point of collection a global standing instruction can not be executed.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by TheMostComplex1: 7:58pm On Nov 21, 2021
BullyBullies:

Because you have friends and family that can help doesn't mean all the people you see have that same privilege. Reading the comments, I keep wondering to myself whether some of you actually drop from the sky. If people had options, do you think they would go and subject themselves to embarrassment and pressure? Thank God for your own privilege. And if you don't have nice things to say about people that their only option is to use the loan apps, then please just waka pass. I know of someone who took that loan because he needed to pay for his child's hospital bill and no one in his sphere was able to help at that particular moment. Make I continue dey read una comments dey go whilst sipping my chilled palm wine �.

The ones I know that borrow from these loan apps are chronic debtors that colleagues, friends would never lend money to because they will never pay back

5 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by rollywise(m): 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
Tunex252:
A friend of mine got a small android phone, buy a new sim card and save random numbers on the phone, then he went ahead and borrowed 25k from this loan sharks, they sent all sort of messages and insult to him, the guy insulted them back say what else can they do, only to defame and send stupid messages to his contacts, then he told them he his not going to pay back and they should do their worst.. omo na dem later beg my guy oogrin serious begging

Tell that your friend never to start up a business because karma is a bitch you know grin

3 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by wallarwallar(m): 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Bullshit

Useless Chinese slave.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by BullyBullies: 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
Formal27:

Nigerians are criminally by nature

You and the person you replied to his comments are idiots. Saying Nigerians are idiot and criminals because of Chinese loan apps means that all the people using loan apps don't repay the loans. Is thay ehat the Chinese loan sharks told you? The people that pay back without defaulting am sure are more than those that don't pay back in time or don't pay back at all. Why then would you and your idiot partner use such derogatory remarks against Nigerians? Some of you are just gullible and foolish. Learn to analyse things properly before contributing or passing judgement.

3 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Annie001: 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
watchindelta:
how can a loan company borrow money without collateral aba? Nigeria still they back meh,
Collateral for 2k, 3k, 7k?
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by airsaylongcome: 8:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
cassidy1996:
compensate weytin?

if dem nor use iron hand for some people, dem nor go pay

I understand this. My grouse is the incessant blackmail attempts. So imagine yourself as a business owner and your mobile number is out in the public domain. Now imagine a scenario where several prospective customers have saved your number on their phone as "Cassidy1996 Delivery guy". Because these people have saved your number sokoloan and their type will bombard you with SMS about loan defaulters whom you don't know.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by adonainana: 8:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
I will keep repeating myself again and again on this online loan app matter

Please how can anyone or a group of persons come from abroad with millions of dollars in capital and decide the only thing they would rather do is lend unsecured loans without no collateral whatsoever to citizens of a country where poverty in same land mass supercedes anywhere else on planet earth

Like something is wrong somewhere, a country where people kill people in the believ that they will sell their parts or use thier fortune to become rich ( and thier definition of rich not being 100 million pounds or dollars rich ooo)

A country where blood sisters and brothers kills them selves to inherit land that is not worth 10 million naira maximum

A country which has yahoo boys or online fraudsters than anywhere else on planet earth

A company will will come with 100 million dollars and start giving it out as unsecured loans to anyone who has a snalrtphone and can confirm his identity through BVN o wrong now

Imagine someone logging out of his zenith bank app to log into a loan app to apply for a loan, shey common sense cannot even ask the loan company how come zenith bank that has billions of dollars cannot lend you money and why

Sometimes you need street sense to be able to invest in Nigeria and knowing exactly what we give you insane profits and a total waste of time

Sometimes the street sense in doing business is not thought anywhere in school except on the street here in Nigeria

See now the loan app companies are frustrated and are now blackmailing it’s debtors lol after you lose guard finish

2 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by airsaylongcome: 8:02pm On Nov 21, 2021
Tunex252:

If I be the guy na to do the same thing but with phone numbers of staff of the different loan companies. Imagine their staff getting SMS about loan default for someone they don't know grin

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by rollywise(m): 8:03pm On Nov 21, 2021
What goes around comes around they say. You take a loan which is a man's business and you refuse to pay and run down the man's business, dare not open a business coz God will raise men to run yours down one way or the other.

3 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Paperbag(m): 8:03pm On Nov 21, 2021
Tunex252:

Oga their algorithm detects new phones , they dont give loans to such user ...25k ?? Thats not true brother , Small small they lie ...

I work with a team building apps for them so i know what im talking .
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Anwons(m): 8:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
In as much as it's bad to borrow without paying, it worst to send derogatory messages to presumed friends and relatives. I think the loan company should confine their their third party stuff to one or two guarantors before giving out loans.

Come to think of it, they are adding outrageous default fees on daily basis, that means their money is even increasing, why burging people unsolicited messages?
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by TheMostComplex1: 8:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
Wicked criminals that would take loans from companies & don't have any intention of paying back.

I have them in my office if they are not embarrassed they wouldn't pay. They like enjoyment but love to owe. They are also shameless, sometimes we will be wondering what kind of human beings they are.

2 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by airsaylongcome: 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2021
omasco922:
They are just unprofessional.
How can you as a loan lender do such thing and expect the borrower to repay. Most borrower has the genuine mind to repay, may be they did not get the money on time. After adding late interest fee, you still go and disgrace him. Now your action has cause damage to him and also the loan company which made their actions childish.

They did it also to me. Since they have don their worst, I block all their number both phone and whatsapp ontill I'm ready to repay. I'm no longer rushing to repay.
And before I repay, they must first send apology messages to all my contact and also remove all the overdues.

I told one that 10m naira is not enough to compensate me for what they have done. She later sail they cannot remove all the overdue that they will remove some amount. But when the time comes they will remove all.

Remove the overdue for what reason exactly? Wasn't the loan overdue? The money they loaned you could have been loaned to someone else, earning income instead of being tied to you. Imagine your bank telling you that they cannot pay interest on your savings account because the person they loaned your money to hasn't paid on time. You go gree?
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by chatinent: 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2021
While I don't supporting stealing a loan, most of these loan companies intentionally disable the medium to repay so you'll pay with additional interests. It is bad too.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Paperbag(m): 8:08pm On Nov 21, 2021
Jetbound:

That's what it should be normally they're supposed to alert the bank so they can be debited automatically. No where in the world is defaulting on a loan a crime. You can't be arrested for it. Person wey no get money to pay back wan pay bail??. But stealing people's data and sending spam messages is a serious offense most Nigerians don't know that. They are taking advantage of defenseless people in this country and you're taking their side. Most of these companies are Chinese and God knows how much data they've stolen from Nigerians and that should be a national security issue. Not everyone has bad intentions in this country and people shouldn't be threated this way.

When you kept clicking (accept and allow) what did you think you where doing ??

You already agreed they can make use of your data at will , messages ,contact n so on ..

Lol, you think they are stupid ?? grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Complete Digital Marketing Training Online / 5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019 / FEC Approves Tax Incentives For Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.