Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,986 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply (5475 Views)

Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants / Landlords And Tenants' Rights In Nigeria / Different Types Of Nigerian Landlords (meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by mightyhaze: 7:49pm On Nov 21, 2021
Conrod:
Is that why you (yoruba) now prefer to sale your ancestrial lands with graves in them to igbos ??
grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 8:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
Lionnation:
anyone who begs for freedom already believed in himself but a coward is scared to let go of his little gains from others even when he is been dehamnised
tell me where the DOT want to go inside this CIRCLE

1 Like

Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by AfonjaConehead: 8:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
Ndimkpurummiri:
freedom beggar 401
alumajiri, freedom is better than attachee join body by force... They are ipob and we are Niger Deltans and we don't want anything whatsoever to do with you again

Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by Lionnation: 8:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
Ndimkpurummiri:
tell me where the DOT want to go inside this CIRCLE
whatever makes you happy continue with it OK, we are not of the same IQ level
Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by AfonjaConehead: 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Stop interpreting everything to tribalism. stop being a deeply concerned self appointed afonja minister of Igbo affairs all your life,haba, thanks grin
Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2021
Lionnation:
whatever makes you happy continue with it OK, we are not of the same IQ level
one of the things making me happy

1 Like

Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2021
[quote author=AfonjaConehead post=107837664][/quote] tell me where the DOT want to go inside this CIRCLE?

Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
KanoFirstSon:
The huge reply follows:

Nairalanders do you think this reply is valid?

Are these set of pple guilty of this or not?

Lalasticlala and Seun what do u guys think?

It is the same in Lagos. Problem is that Igbos have no capacity for sincere introspection.

When a man does not believe he has a problem will he seek solutions?

They can keep fooling themselves online that the problem lie with other Nigerians and never with them.

Yet we know offline Igbos dont even favour themselves and are wary of the next Igbo since they know the truth they wont admit to publicly.

https://www.theavalondaily.com/blog/2020/2/20/tribalism-and-ethnic-profiling-in-lagos-real-estate-rental-market

TRIBALISM AND ETHNIC PROFILING IN LAGOS REAL ESTATE RENTAL MARKET

For Emeka, surprisingly, it was a different challenge entirely. When he contacted an agent, the first question he was asked was “are you Igbo?” After answering in the affirmative, the agent dismissively responded “the landlord doesn’t want any Igbo.” Emeka didn’t think much of it so he reached out to 5 other agents. Of the 5 agents he contacted, 4 of them would ask him if he was Igbo among several other questions like if he was married. It became obvious to him that the question of his identity was no longer random but a clear pattern.

Emeka, who speaks Yoruba fluently, then decided he would outsmart the next agent or Landlord by switching his ethnic identity. Luckily, he found a new agent who took him to inspect a particular house in Masha after claiming to be from Ogun state. He liked the place and was comfortable with the price and so he offered to pay immediately. Emeka recalled the agent saying that “before you pay, the landlord will want to see your ID card and any other document to prove that you are not Igbo.” Angered by the request, Emeka yelled at the agent, “Is being Igbo a crime now in Lagos? Why should the Landlord even care what part of the country I come from? This is madness.”

Shocked by Emeka’s story, The Avalon Daily decided to interview several landlords and agents to understand why ethnic identity had become a major prerequisite for renting out an apartment. “Most Landlords do not want Igbo tenants,” Peter Umoru, an agent, tells me. “They tend to misuse the property in the first year and usually find it difficult in sustaining subsequent rent. They can also be very difficult to handle.”

Alhaja, a 75-year-old landlady in Oshodi explained her reluctance to let out her apartment to Igbos. “While my husband was alive, he had an Igbo family as tenants. After the first year, we noticed that things were always getting damaged in the house. Pipes, windows, doors and so on. It got worse when my husband died because they stopped paying light and waste bills.

They had no regard for the property or me as their landlady. They owed rent for two years and refused to move out. I had to engage a lawyer who was able to evict them 6 months after staying in my house for free. I don’t think all Igbos are like that but I will never rent out my apartment to any Igbo person again.”

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by AfonjaConehead: 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2021
Ndimkpurummiri:
tell me where the DOT want to go inside this CIRCLE? Alumajiri put yourself together,thanks. grin
Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by AfonjaConehead: 8:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
Dsalvo:

It is the same in Lagos. Problem is that Igbos have no capacity for sincere introspection.

When a man does not believe he has a problem will he seek solutions?

They can keep fooling themselves online that the problem lie with other Nigerians and never with them. Yet we know offline Igbos dont even favour themselves and are wary of the next Igbo sincw they know the truth they wont admit to publicly.

https://www.theavalondaily.com/blog/2020/2/20/tribalism-and-ethnic-profiling-in-lagos-real-estate-rental-market
see mouth foaming epistle over frustrations and bitterness and jealousy for a people!!! Everyone,every conehead has now become adviser of the Igbos grin
Shameless people... Wo, tomorrow is Monday o grin

Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by McTobe(m): 8:34pm On Nov 21, 2021
Nairaland have lost it's values.
Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by SmartPolician: 8:52pm On Nov 21, 2021
chigator2:

What was the fault of the Jews in the Anti-Semite Europe and even today. They were hated for little to nothing.

Nothing at all.

Their haters were just sick with sheer Envy and Paranoia.
In the end, The haters were put in their place. So shall it be.

I repeat we won't die to please anyone. If our progress or happiness is choking you, feel free to commit suicide.

You don't make incomparable analogies.
You don't ask a question and answer yourself.
Jews are hated all over the world because they never accepted Jesus to be the only begotten son of God.

Besides, before Pontius Pilate gave away Jesus to be crucified, he washed his hands, making it clear that he had no hand in his death.
The Jews responded, "Put it on our heads and those of our children." That's why they are getting punished today. Anti-Semitism will live with us forever (Matt 27:25).

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

see mouth foaming epistle over frustrations and bitterness and jealousy for a people!!! Everyone,every conehead has now become adviser of the Igbos grin
Shameless people... Wo, tomorrow is Monday o

You can't even quote/edit a post correctly yet you're mouthing off. Like I said, you emptily arrogant people have no capacity for sincere introspection, assuming you're well-read enough to know what that means, so continue.

When you don't accept you have a problem, and are especially bigoted and hateful towards others, then it is the "they hate us" self-deceit that will continue to undermine you Igbos and alienate you from other Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by AfonjaConehead: 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2021
Dsalvo:

You can't even quote/edit a post correctly yet you're mouthing off. Like I said, you emptily arrogant people have no capacity for sincere introspection, assuming you're well-read enough to know what that means, so continue.

When you don't accept you have a problem, and are especially bigoted and hateful towards others, then it is the "they hate us" self-deceit that will continue to undermine you Igbos and alienate you from other Nigerians. e pain the deeply concerned self appointed afonja minister and adviser of Igbo affairs grin
Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by 9japride(m): 9:42pm On Nov 21, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

I always weep when I see TALENTS wasting in Nigeria.
[color=#006600][/color]

Its terrible. That's why its not always good to take everything from elders. Most elders were once cruise catchers. Its unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by Danjikanbauchi: 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
KanoFirstSon:

Mallam,this is not a Biafra thread.Take ur Biafra non-sens out of this thread. We are discussing a very salient issue about igbo tenants and their landlords. Always looking for who to blame,even when caught red handed. mtcheeew
same Igbos that ownsost of the houses in the north or what ?
Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by Cherez: 10:44pm On Nov 21, 2021
KanoFirstSon:

Mallam,this is not a Biafra thread.Take ur Biafra non-sens out of this thread. We are discussing a very salient issue about igbo tenants and their landlords. Always looking for who to blame,even when caught red handed. mtcheeew
When people who rent houses at all talk you sef dey show
No be uncompleted houses and ........
No let me play this dirty yiu dey play here with you oooo
Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by Idiko1: 12:16am On Nov 22, 2021
Ndimkpurummiri:
tell me why south east is not a dot in a circle

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/14571414_img20211121153539777_jpege70817fbc5e7d9819ffced342a980777

I guess human intellect is very elusive to you. In your world, land mass decides a country.
Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by Nobody: 4:36am On Nov 22, 2021
Thread reported to the mods

Hope they do the needful

Nigerians from all walks of this country have issues with rent payment. Not just Ibos.
Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by femi4: 4:50am On Nov 22, 2021
Even in Lagos, they LL only pay you when they pack in. Subsequent rents, you LL suffer before they pay you
Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by orisa37: 5:08am On Nov 22, 2021
LET THERE BE FULL AUTONOMOUS POLICING (SOCIAL SECURITY);. RESOURCING (ECONOMIC SECURITY); AND ELECTIONEERING (POLITICAL SECURITY) TO OUR 36 LEGIT OR ABOUT TO BE 42 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES

AND THERE WILL BE HEALTHY COMPETITION AND SYSTEMATIC DEVELOPMENT IN THE COUNTRY NIGERIA AS A WHOLE.

ALL FORMS OF TRIBALISM RELIGION AND WHATEVER DISCRIMINATION WILL BE GONE FOR EVER.
Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by orisa37: 5:21am On Nov 22, 2021
LET THERE BE FULL AUTONOMOUS POLICING (SOCIAL SECURITY);. RESOURCING (ECONOMIC SECURITY); AND ELECTIONEERING (POLITICAL SECURITY) TO OUR 36 LEGIT OR ABOUT TO BE 42 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES

AND THERE WILL BE HEALTHY COMPETITION AND SYSTEMATIC DEVELOPMENT IN THE COUNTRY NIGERIA AS A WHOLE.

ALL FORMS OF TRIBALISM RELIGION AND WHATEVER DISCRIMINATION WILL BE GONE FOR EVER.

From Orunto27,
The NASS should take up this non judgemental but correctional STEPS NOW. The IGBOS ARE GREEDY JEWS. THE LANDLORDS ARE CAUTIOUS. THAT'S WHY THEY APPEAR DISCRIMINATORY NOW.
Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by orisa37: 5:33am On Nov 22, 2021
Fahdiga:
Inferiority complex from those landlords is the case here

Right but RESTRUCTURE NIGERIA TO 42 FULLY AUTONOMOUS POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONSTITUTIONAL STATES AND THERE WILL BE NO PROBLEMS AGAIN.
Re: Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply by orisa37: 5:37am On Nov 22, 2021
nosiebaba:
And they aren't lying. I know igbo landlords that have to employ the services of yoruba caretakers to ensure that their igbo tenants pay their rent when due. grin

HAVE YOU SEEN YOURSELF? IGBO VS IGBO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Know The Exact No. Of Blocks, Cement And Sand Required to build Your Bungalow! / 3 Bedroom Flat With BQ Attached In Jabi, Abuja For Sale / WALL SCREEDING AROUND LAGOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.