Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages (52328 Views)

"I Have Serious Depression" - Baba Fryo Cries Out For Help / Baba Fryo Humiliated By Soldiers (Photos) / Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by MrFly(m): 11:20pm On Nov 21, 2021
Baba u are not an orphan so stop begging Davido
Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by richmanrichard: 11:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
SapphireBlue:

Davido could have used his fame and influence to raise funds for him the same way he did for the orphans.

Not many people will come out to send Baba fryo money if he asks but DAVIDO has a greater influence and could have helped him RAISE AWARENESS not necessarily even giving his personal money but influencing others to do so.

Baba fryo reigned in an era where there were no social media platforms and has almost become unknown so it is only normal for DAVIDO who plenty people know today to help him with his POPULARITY.
rubbish
.olosho don finish im money. invest dem no dey hear.so davido shud give him d money meant 4 orphans so he start flexing again? no no no

1 Like

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by Ungodly: 11:50pm On Nov 21, 2021
Sammydanny:
Baba Fryo, a veteran Nigerian singer, has lamented that he is disappointed that pop star, Davido neglected him, ‘a known face’, in his trying times, only to gift unknown orphans N250m.

In a speech via his Instagram account, the ‘Dem Go Dey Pose’ singer said, “There is something that I have been seeing on social media that someone gifted orphanages N250m. To me, the thing is funny. I remember when I was depressed, they tagged many of my colleagues; they tagged Davido, Tuface, and others but none of them responded. It was people that have never seen me in this life, people that do not know me that responded.

“This N200m that I am hearing about and seeing on social media is surprising to me. If someone like me who is popular and well known was not helped, it is people and orphanages that no one knows that is being helped; they are been given N250m, it is so funny. I will advise Nigerians and Black people to be wise and stop all these things.

“White people do not do all these things. All what we are doing will look so funny to them. I am not saying that giving money to orphanages is a bad thing because I am an ambassador to an NGO that I do not collect a dime from. But funny enough, when I was depressed and had problems, the NGO did not respond. You see how we are. Now I am seeing N200m and they are posting it everywhere; Davido gives money to orphanages and inaugurates a five-man committee to distribute that money. Everything sounds funny to me.

“If I see someone doing good, I appreciate them; I am not saying it is a bad thing. I just want to ask people why someone like me that people know, who cried out; why did they not help the person that they know? It is the people that they do not know or can see their faces that they are helping out with N250m. Let’s all think; will we call that wickedness or ignorance?

“I tagged the Delta, Rivers and Lagos State government, none of them came to my aid. Is that wickedness or ignorance? But today I am seeing that N250m is going to be distributed to orphanages all over Nigeria. I will advise Nigerians to open their eyes.”

[flash=425,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rNFgxhn1Mc[/flash]
he did t know you and you didn’t know him when you was popping so why do you think someone who doesn’t know you or affiliated to you in anyway ignored you? Nigerians and self entitlement, like it his money… Gedifok niggar

1 Like

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by GoldenSpec: 11:51pm On Nov 21, 2021
Who dey supply dz man Pupuru Mmirri sef??
He really need to change vendor grin
Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by generalwo(m): 11:52pm On Nov 21, 2021
May God not let us see wetin go make us beg for help....... On a normal day, Davido and this man first son go be age mate..... E suppose be uncle for where Davido dey but see how condition come make am dey lament for internet over money wen no be im own....... God please pick my call o... E no go make sense if I no get this money!!!!

1 Like

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by joyousever(f): 11:54pm On Nov 21, 2021
Wao! This is really an eye opener!! I now understand how everything works now amongst these "people"!!
greggng:
I don't know if I have shared this story here before. For the benefit of new comers Is important we know this . This will further tell you reason why some people will never help you no matter how you try.

I got home from school to visit a friend for some help to buy handout. On that faithful day I arrived his office where he run his private business. I met about 5 of his friends and his girl friend...although married.

When I was living he gave me 1k for transport ..
This guy just finish building his house , bought 4 cars ..I left the office with bad feelings cos I really hoped on him .
.When I got to the bud stop .I saw someone calling me and behold the girl friend whom I met at the office. She immediately ask me to enter the next okada and follow her ..she lives at a place called iju ..I followed her cos I wanted to know why she demanded I had to follow her.

I got to her well furnished house and she made me comfortable , gave me food and brought out 20k and ask me if it will be enough .I started crying .she hugged me and consoled me . Just before I stood up to go she now told note reason why my friend was unable to help me
She warned me never to ask him for help cos he will never give me. She told me an incident that happened in the past at my friends place that got me scared like mad cos everything looks strange that very day

It was his sons birthday and I visited them to celebrate with them . But what I saw him and his friends drinking made me started praying for God to come and save me from that moment cos I was afraid they were gonna kill me. I saw a big jar of wine very transparent with the following content in it . In my entire life I ve not seen something like that before. It has candle, bunch of keys , feather and human hairs. Already he knows I don't drink alcohol..when they pass the jar to me I told them I don't take alcohol...I didn't even eat the rice the gave me cos I requested the give me take away cos I lied I was fasting. That was how Ieft that house with serious fear in my mind . I got home threw away the food and drink on the dust bin. According to the girl friend she said that was the day my friend marked me cos anyone that didn't drink with him in that jar doesn't belong to his cult . I THANKED the lady and I never saw him again till date . The next things I heard about him was bad news up and down . Lost the wife in an accident . Only her died on the bus. The only son he has had mental issue ..almanating from the accident .

Till date I am still grateful to the girlfriend that opened my eyes . People who made their money on the bad way don't help except themselves. They can't help you if you don't belong to their cult . They will buy you drink and give you transport money but not the kind that make u get out of poverty. Don't blame them cos u won't help them carry their cross. Baba fryo don't be angry ...only those in their click the will help

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by EnaibeSam: 11:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
Let me also ask you a question Baba fruo. When things were going well with you, how many people did you help?

2 Likes

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by ToyinDipo(m): 12:00am On Nov 22, 2021
Millimann:
Imagine telling someone how to spend his money.

If he wants to get a share let him go and register in one of those orphanages as an orphan.
Chai shocked
Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by Leebeedo(m): 12:01am On Nov 22, 2021
in MC Remote's voice, God will punish you angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by eurogee: 12:09am On Nov 22, 2021
SapphireBlue:

Davido could have used his fame and influence to raise funds for him the same way he did for the orphans.

Not many people will come out to send Baba fryo money if he asks but DAVIDO has a greater influence and could have helped him RAISE AWARENESS not necessarily even giving his personal money but influencing others to do so.

Baba fryo reigned in an era where there were no social media platforms and has almost become unknown so it is only normal for DAVIDO who plenty people know today to help him with his POPULARITY.

Trash for thee waste bin
Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by jimcaddy(m): 12:18am On Nov 22, 2021
Well Baba Fryo sadly that is life for you. Those who you know won't be the ones that will help. In Nigeria, they help you only when there is something to be gained from it. Even though it's a bad mentality, but we Nigerians have become accustomed to it.
Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by Loreettaa: 12:27am On Nov 22, 2021
See entitlement.

2 Likes

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by linearity: 1:23am On Nov 22, 2021
SapphireBlue:
DON'T GET IT TWISTED.

All baba fryo is saying is that while he was in dire need during his mental health episode, he reached out to DAVIDO but Davido never responded and...

NOW, he is SURPRISED that the same DAVIDO is now the same person giving out ₦250M to orphans who he (Davido) does not know personally while ignoring him a colleague in the business.

MIND YOU, Baba Fryo said (in this video) that there is nothing wrong in Davido helping orphans but he should start by helping fellow performers (who are currently without funds) in time of need.

THIS IS NOT A THING OF ENTITLEMENT BUT A COLLEAGUE HELPING ANOTHER IN DESPERATE TIMES.... after all, charity must begin from home.

Must Davido respond to him?

He has a sense of entitlement, na Davido bi him papa? Davido cannot and must not respond to every person in need known or unknown….Davido is not God.

This is truly nonsense and he should go hide himself in shame.

He even stated that, it was those who did not know him that responded and he is blaming Davido for responding to ‘unknown’ orphans instead of to him a known person, is that not hypocrisy on his part?

1 Like

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 22, 2021
SapphireBlue:
DON'T GET IT TWISTED.

All baba fryo is saying is that while he was in dire need during his mental health episode, he reached out to DAVIDO but Davido never responded and...

NOW, he is SURPRISED that the same DAVIDO is now the same person giving out ₦250M to orphans who he (Davido) does not know personally while ignoring him a colleague in the business.

MIND YOU, Baba Fryo said (in this video) that there is nothing wrong in Davido helping orphans but he should start by helping fellow performers (who are currently without funds) in time of need.

THIS IS NOT A THING OF ENTITLEMENT BUT A COLLEAGUE HELPING ANOTHER IN DESPERATE TIMES.... after all, charity must begin from home.

Please read the article again. I think you are the one getting it twisted. Was he terminally sick? We all came into this world. Those children are having it rough from birth, and David decides to assist them. But Fruo was a star. What did he do with his money? Why must David help colleagues who are bad managers of money. I'm sure its weed and drugs that made Fryo lose out.

Please, think it well through. Those kids have it rough all through. Thanks to God, and thanks to David..Make Fruo go sit down. A thankful heart will receive more. Instead of him to appeal to David again and use style beg him more, he is criticizing even publicly. Na him tell am say make he dey stupid and lose all his money? He has got his chance, and he has blown it away. I support David. Giving hundreds to thousands of helpless kids the money is better than wasting it on one useless Fryo which is using half of it buy weed. Make him go sit down.

1 Like

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by bluejay1860: 1:46am On Nov 22, 2021
SapphireBlue:

why are you trying to defend this shameless man? let me school you abit and stop feeding the public with lies. Performing artists have been making money in Nigeria as far back as 60s. they may not have been making as much as this new generation, but saying they were not making money is a lie from the pit of hell. In 93, shina Peters ( a yoruba musician) after releasing his first 2 albums ACE and SHINOMANIA, he made over 20m and spent most of the money to build house, the same amount Jim Ovia used to established Zenith bank. I can tell you, the value of that house today is less than 50m, but do you know that zenith back is one of the best banks in africa today? moral, when you have money,invest it wisely.
Baba Fryo came out the same time with daddy showkey, daddy fresh, father U-turn( rip) etc and was more popular than everyone on this list except daddy showkey. they all made money then because their kind of music was what was in vogue. but the difference between these people is daddy showkey and daddy fresh invested their money wisely and fall back on their investments when they can no longer compete with the new generation of artists. Baba fryo spent his money lavishly on alcohol, woman and weeds. now hes calling out a young guy who he's old enough to be his father for nothing giving him money. Davido owe no one anything, and can choose to help whoever he feels like helping. I grew up in orile very close to ajegunle, I can tell you, baba fryo does not have any good relationships with artist in that neighbourhood. he calls out everyone at the smallest opportunity he has. he has called out daddy showkey before because he felt he should help him . the question is , what have you done to make you feel you are entitled to anything from these people? go back and listen to what davido said , he said " we rise by lifting lifting others abi? I have been rising by lifting people for 100 years, now if you know I have given you hit or done something for you before, I need 1million naira from you". that means he has done alot in the past for people, that was why he got so much. ask your baba fryo who him do ep.

When were you born?... YESTERDAY?

Who or what told you that performing artists in Nigeria between the 1980s and 2000s made money?

Please be seriously guided ooooo and use your brain (if you still have one).

Musicians (only a handful of them) only started making money off music, RECENTLY especially with the advent of SM.

Back in those times, music was NOT the big thing commercially.

A good number of musicians back then still took public transportation and lived regular lives as there was no extravagance to be offered by music.
Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by Nobody: 1:46am On Nov 22, 2021
jimcaddy:
Well Baba Fryo sadly that is life for you. Those who you know won't be the ones that will help. In Nigeria, they help you only when there is something to be gained from it. Even though it's a bad mentality, but we Nigerians have become accustomed to it.
You are still poor because you are like Fryo looking up to people to help you. Continue and dont move out and hustle. So you think helping is giving out money? For those kids who sre in primary and secondary schools, it is the right thing. But for Fryo amd you.....not the case. I pray you understand on time that giving fish is not the way. You must work out your own resources.

Goodluck.
Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by Bamzyriches451: 2:05am On Nov 22, 2021
You're not entitled to Davido, it's he's money and he helps who he likes
Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by doctorpromise(m): 2:08am On Nov 22, 2021
Nothing like colleague please. Davido probably doesn't have any personal relationship with baba fryo. He doesn't have to do anything
Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by sharone21(f): 2:15am On Nov 22, 2021
This confirms that Entitlement mentality is not gender specific.

1 Like

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by hush15: 2:16am On Nov 22, 2021
Sammydanny:
Baba Fryo, a veteran Nigerian singer, has lamented that he is disappointed that pop star, Davido neglected him, ‘a known face’, in his trying times, only to gift unknown orphans N250m.

In a speech via his Instagram account, the ‘Dem Go Dey Pose’ singer said, “There is something that I have been seeing on social media that someone gifted orphanages N250m. To me, the thing is funny. I remember when I was depressed, they tagged many of my colleagues; they tagged Davido, Tuface, and others but none of them responded. It was people that have never seen me in this life, people that do not know me that responded.

“This N200m that I am hearing about and seeing on social media is surprising to me. If someone like me who is popular and well known was not helped, it is people and orphanages that no one knows that is being helped; they are been given N250m, it is so funny. I will advise Nigerians and Black people to be wise and stop all these things.

“White people do not do all these things. All what we are doing will look so funny to them. I am not saying that giving money to orphanages is a bad thing because I am an ambassador to an NGO that I do not collect a dime from. But funny enough, when I was depressed and had problems, the NGO did not respond. You see how we are. Now I am seeing N200m and they are posting it everywhere; Davido gives money to orphanages and inaugurates a five-man committee to distribute that money. Everything sounds funny to me.

“If I see someone doing good, I appreciate them; I am not saying it is a bad thing. I just want to ask people why someone like me that people know, who cried out; why did they not help the person that they know? It is the people that they do not know or can see their faces that they are helping out with N250m. Let’s all think; will we call that wickedness or ignorance?

“I tagged the Delta, Rivers and Lagos State government, none of them came to my aid. Is that wickedness or ignorance? But today I am seeing that N250m is going to be distributed to orphanages all over Nigeria. I will advise Nigerians to open their eyes.”

[flash=425,300]

From, as I appreciate your music back then, my question to you is, how many did you help while you enjoyed stardom? How many did you lift when you were on the rise?
Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by kay29000(m): 2:17am On Nov 22, 2021
majamajic:
Baba who u help ?
They should donate money to u cos u depressed ?

Who no depress for Nigeria like this ?

Lol
Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by kay29000(m): 2:19am On Nov 22, 2021
SapphireBlue:
DON'T GET IT TWISTED.

He didn't directly reach out to Davido... He tagged Davido in a post. Do you know how many people tag Davido in a post daily? There is a possibility that he didn't even see the post.
Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by Renwess: 2:35am On Nov 22, 2021
Nigerians are two one sided. They follow one lane because others are in the same lane. What is wrong with what baba fryo is saying here?

Thank you for choosing to understand and reason away and apart from the popular views

SapphireBlue:
DON'T GET IT TWISTED.

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by eaglez(m): 3:33am On Nov 22, 2021
Your colleague owes u nothing in trying times or not. We have often said this our celebrities should always plan for rainy days so they won't be a burden to their colleagues when the chips are down. Baba fryo made his mark during his days, what happened to his savings
SapphireBlue:
DON'T GET IT TWISTED.

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by kingthreat(m): 3:53am On Nov 22, 2021
If Davido were to respond to everyone who asked him for help, many upcoming artistes will be richer thn him.
Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by LivingTribunal: 4:15am On Nov 22, 2021
His friends & fans donated, sorry your zero fans and broke friends didn't give a $hit about you!!
Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by Tzar(m): 4:52am On Nov 22, 2021
This Fryo guy is the typical wicked, selfish and entitled Nigerian. Nobody is obliged to help you after you become 18years old! Even in foreign sane lands, once you clock 18yrs old, you either contribute financially to the upkeep of the house or most parents will kick their kids out!
I keep saying it, Nigerians deserve the wicked government that they have because they are mostly also wicked, selfish and entitled.

1 Like

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by Sagamite(m): 5:37am On Nov 22, 2021
Sammydanny:

[flash=425,300]

This cretin's idiocy is beyond belief!

This is the kind of warped, moronic mentality that is pervasive in Nigeria, where people (like Poizon) are just incredibly stuuuupid.

Firstly, this cretin actually thinks Davido (or any other person) owes him something and should come to his aid when he makes a request.

Dimwit, is Davido your father?

Secondly is the mentality of "Big Man" this cretin has. He actually thinks he is more important than the "unknown" orphans. And finds it some kind of sacrilege that they can get help, while he was shunned, and worse that they are getting help of that "large sums" while a big man like him got peanuts.

What grand sense of entitlement and Bigmanism from a low-life loser!

This man is a completely useless human piece of shiiit and is not someone capable of adding value in this world. His stupidity makes him a danger to humanity. He would not be a loss when he is six foot under.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by Frank6738(m): 5:43am On Nov 22, 2021
baba fryo it is well with you , meanwhile I sell solar street light in lagos my whatsapp number is 08024548525 .

1 Like

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by Codes151(m): 5:52am On Nov 22, 2021
SapphireBlue:
DON'T GET IT TWISTED.

stfu

1 Like

Re: Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages by Truvelisback(m): 6:57am On Nov 22, 2021
itsme01:
shocked

Igbo don fry this man head

Davido said; if you know I have been of help to you in the past, celebrate my birthday by gifting me 1 million, all his friends and beneficiary of his kindness came through with 250 million

Baba fryo seeked help because he is broke , depressed and need money, no body came through, yet he is blaming Davido, Nigerians, his friends

Don't mind the cry,cry baby. He wants to transfer his frustration and aggression of being broke on Davido. If he wants to beg for money, can't he come out plainly? Besides, the money he was making then tru music, what did he do with the money? This should serve as a deterrent for other music stars.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Qdot Buys A Car For His Manager, AFOLABI, On His Birthday (Photo) / Obama DMW's Death: Peruzzi Is Done With Cigarettes & Alcohol / Charley Boy Mocks Ooni Of Ife: 'Na For Instagram Them Divorce You’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.