Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun (45026 Views)

Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) / Joseph Arikpo: Policemen Beat Lawyer In Cross River (Graphic Photo) / Policemen Beat Soldier For Refusing To Wear Face-Mask In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by Mynd44: 5:12am On Nov 22, 2021
Emmanuel Oshiyoye, a cleric based in the United States, has accused police officers from Ayedaade Police Station in Ikire, Osun State, of assaulting him and his family.

Oshiyoye, a Cherubim and Seraphim cleric who visited Nigeria to minister in a church programme, said he was two steps away from death as the officers beat him severely.

On November 4, he was on his way home in the morning after a vigil when some police officers ordered his son to pull over.

“As my son was about to park the car, the officers were already harassing him. They even checked his phone without saying what his crime was. I was asleep at the time, and I only learnt about this when I woke up,” he told FIJ.

“When I woke up, I stepped out of the car, greeted the police officers, and told my son that he should not consent to an impromptu search of his personal property subsequently. This was how his younger brother got into a debt of N18 million because of police brutality and abuse of power.”

One of the three officers approached Oshiyoye, who had lost his composure at the time, and asked where he worked.

“I don’t think that is your business because it’s not in this country,” Oshiyoye said. “Then he said I was very stupid. In annoyance, I said he was stupid as well. Then he began to threaten that he’d deal with me and that he could kill me and nothing would happen. With that statement, my sister became scared and began to record live on Facebook.”

When the officers had a glimpse of what Oshiyoye’s sister was doing, they charged forward and began to beat her.

“They beat her, sprained her elbow and bit her on her back. They also broke her phone. She bit the person that beat her as well. While all this went on, I was too shocked to move or speak as I saw how a woman was being beaten by three police officers,” he said.

When the officers had beaten Oshiyoya’s sister to their satisfaction, they pounced on him and beat him until he became dizzy.

“He punched my jaws five times, and I felt my jaws dislocate. My right arm began to shake due to the shock. I was dizzy and thought I would die. My sister began to cry for help as her elbow had been sprained. I then saw a police officer telling me to sit beside my son who could not stand after being beaten by the police,” he said.

But Oshiyoya would not sit as an officer pointed a gun at him and showed him two wraps of marijuana, saying they belonged to him. The officer then asked his son to drive them to their station.

As they drove to the police station, Oshiyoya began to mumble a spiritual mantra. Although the men insisted he kept quiet, he did not listen.

“We got to a building opposite the main station, and they put me in a dirty room. Then their Divisional Police Officer (DPO) came and began to apologise to me and my sister. He disclosed that they would let me go if I reversed a curse I had earlier placed on them,” he said.

“Knowing I’m a man of God, they made me sign a statement out of duress that I would let go of the case. My statement was: I was assaulted and arrested unfairly, but I let go. I will head to the hospital.

“I had to do what they wanted, so my enemies wouldn’t laugh at me that I died in Nigeria a day before my flight back to the states.”

Oshiyoya told FIJ that apart from being in severe pain, he could not chew food well and had blurry vision following the incident.

When FIJ contacted Yemisi Opalola, the Osun State Police spokesperson, she asked why Oshiyoya did not file a complaint about his ordeal earlier.

“Why did he not say anything before now? I did not hear of such,” she said.
https://fij.ng/article/policemen-beat-us-based-pastor-in-osun-break-his-jaws-for-challenging-them/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by Authoreety: 5:15am On Nov 22, 2021
Police will never learn.

Bunch of cowards

120 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by saheedbadmus(m): 5:15am On Nov 22, 2021
Hmm to me this story get k leg o.. although we all know 2many unprofessional officers dey inside the NPF but to me this tory sound somehow o..3 officers beat up lady Cos she dey record them, how did your son incurs a debt of 18mill cos of police harassment and lastly while didn't you file a case against them after you were freed.. cos the broken phone na evidence 1, the sprained elbow na evidence 2 and your dislocated jaw na evidence 3 of assault.. sueing the NPF or heading straight to police Command to lodge an official complain would have been the best but u did nothing ..OK o

45 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by etrange: 5:16am On Nov 22, 2021
Wow... people behaving like animals. The sad thing is that when you preach true equality/justice to Nigerians, each group would start giving reasons why the other group doesn't deserve it. The herd mentality in the country is our greatest undoing. Men don't want to be equal with women, officers don't want to be equal with civilians, politicians don't want to be equal with other citizens, straight people don't want to be equal with gay people, religion A doesn't want to be equal with B, tribe C thinks they're better than D, the rich don't want the same justice system as the poor, etc. Nobody really wants to work towards a fair society. We only cry out when our own herd is antagonized.

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by daddytime(m): 5:16am On Nov 22, 2021
Thank God he wasn't killed.

He needs to press charges.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by Kreamie(m): 5:16am On Nov 22, 2021
E think say na US e dey.

Nigerian police officers are crude and will go to any length to remind you that you’re in a lawless nation where anything goes. Imagine beating a woman whilst in uniform. angry angry

Police is indeed your friend. I’d rather kiss a full grown king cobra than be friends with a Nigerian police. It can be equated with the enemy *spits thick phlegm like an aboki* angry

18 Likes

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by Aufbauh(m): 5:16am On Nov 22, 2021
These policemen won't change.
Some times I'm tempted not to feel for them when they meet ill fate cus they've refused to learn.

The top police hierarchy keep compounding issue by sending out mostly illiterate policemen to the street to handle civil matters.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by tradepunter: 5:17am On Nov 22, 2021
Blessed
Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by hope4nigeria(m): 5:17am On Nov 22, 2021
All Nigerian police are mentally ill

5 Likes

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by SensualMan: 5:17am On Nov 22, 2021
Anything WESTSIDE is always odd. From lodging in their hotels, to graveyard, to their police! The people of this side, Tufiakwa!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by Brendaniel: 5:17am On Nov 22, 2021
The day the Police stops oppressing people is the day the politicians will get scared of the people...

The oppression from the Police is what gives the Politicians power to do and undo without the fear of the citizens...

The Nigerian system of government is a slave to master system of government just like the colonial era, the government must keep the people in check using force (brutality) through the police which enables them amass wealth as they like, anyone who revolts against the system or refuses to comply with the norm or tries to change the system is met with brute force(punished), dealt with or simply tagged a rebel(terrorist) even when he hasn't hurt anyone or carried any weapon just like the colonial era, the question is do you want to be a slave in your country or have freedom in your country...

If you think the politicians are not happy when the police oppresses the people then you are wrong, whenever they see the people suffer or die from police brutality they are usually very happy because it gives them an affirmation that they are still in control of the people, they are like if the people cannot revolt when they are killed by the police that is in their control, is it when he steals money from his office the people are going to revolt, so if you think the politicians will change the system for you, please have a rethink...

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by TinubuGoQuench(f): 5:17am On Nov 22, 2021
Evil idiots, they will soon meet their tragic death

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by Nobody: 5:17am On Nov 22, 2021
Its quite unfortunate.

Our Law Enforcement Agencies are mostly on witch hunt these days

Your jaws and injuries will heal in time chief.

Seems some people love being visited by Karma every now and then

so sad

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by Johnkennie(m): 5:18am On Nov 22, 2021
Well
Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by OloshoMan: 5:19am On Nov 22, 2021
This is why I don't feel sad when a policeman is killed

8 Likes

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by SSPX2(m): 5:20am On Nov 22, 2021
Animals in uniform

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by JavaScript90: 5:20am On Nov 22, 2021
police brutality continues. Nigerian police never learn. They even threatened to kill the man and nothing will happen. And the planted a weed 'evidence'.
Abeg make Nigeria legalize weed let me know what kind of evidence the Nigerian police will start manufacturing
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website and mobile apps for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job.
I also have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by ILoveDemMANNA: 5:20am On Nov 22, 2021
These are the ones Giving the good officers among them bad names.

Modify :
Where are the Nairaland tribalists typing jargons on the earlier thread about another bad policeman that killed someone yesterday?
I was happy some members here talked sense into them.

This is the kinda policeman that gives the force a bad name.
Abia State government should deal with him before the NPF takes over.

dokyOloye:
As usual,na Yahaya shoot am.
If e no be yahaya,e go be Mohammed or Usman or Abdullahi
Phcmayor:
Why is all these hausa fulani police like this his name is yahaya an hausa fulani man killing and innocent igbo boy
Both of you should keep shut if you have nothing sensible to say on this very sad news.
Stop bringing your tribalistic lifestyle on every news on Nairaland.
That is why your wicked politicians will keep using your heads against one another.
If you see a crime, condemn it outrightly and stop looking at the tribe before you can make a comment .
With youths like you, I wonder what the future holds for Nigeria.
I guess both of you have never heard any yoruba police man killed someone before or James Nwafor that killed over 100 Anambra youths is from the north also?
Shameless tribalistic people.
No be una fault sha, na Nairaland dey allow una.
Annoying species.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by ReubenE(m): 5:22am On Nov 22, 2021
"Then he began to threaten that he’d deal with me and that he could kill me and nothing would happen"

This is why Nigeria is a savage kingdom. People do things because they know they would not be held accountable for their actions, even to the point of taking another's life if the means is available.

A protector of the law, threatening to kill whom he's under oath to protect

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by gosmoney(m): 5:23am On Nov 22, 2021
Coming to Naija cos of church programme u no like ur self at all in dis kind situation wey we dey

1 Like

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by Nobody: 5:23am On Nov 22, 2021
They're out of control now and acting with a much more rejuvenated impunity because there are no consequences for their actions and conducts.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by Jobio1(f): 5:23am On Nov 22, 2021
Stupid set of people.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by Caramia2020(m): 5:25am On Nov 22, 2021
Imagine a US based pastor can be beaten to the extent his jaw was broken despite his US accent, smile, that's to so we are not save at all bcoz this so called officers won't think twice to shot a Nigerian with simple English bcoz they don't even know the danger of their actions.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by Bvlgari: 5:25am On Nov 22, 2021
When FIJ contacted Yemisi Opalola, the Osun State Police spokesperson, she asked why Oshiyoya did not file a complaint about his ordeal earlier.

“Why did he not say anything before now? I did not hear of such,” she said.

This woman must be silly...now that u have heard.. what have u done about it and other cases?

Thats how they harrass people anyhow in 9ja...twice i was stopped while visiting 9ja...thank God say dem use their brain sharply

8 Likes

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by Miller232: 5:26am On Nov 22, 2021
Animals in human skin that's wat policeman are
Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by Blessedarethepe(m): 5:26am On Nov 22, 2021
What's wrong with our police now?
Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by UncleKoboko: 5:27am On Nov 22, 2021
grin
Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by jaxxy(m): 5:27am On Nov 22, 2021
Our police officers are terrible and unprofessional bt why do people not know how to answer simple questions, what do u do for a living was probably what escalated this issue. The police have rights and u also have rights.

A stop and search requires sm degree of identification depending on the scenario bt the brutality is completely wrong.

Why our police get scared or outraged being recorded shows criminal intent or unethical behavior.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by gladdensir(m): 5:27am On Nov 22, 2021
In a lawful state, those syndicate of a cop would have been fished out and brought before the law. but nothing works here in Nigeria, police behaves like the country is under the reims of anarchical system.

5 Likes

Re: Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun by meolaniyi(m): 5:27am On Nov 22, 2021
SW is burning

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lawyer Brutalized By Soldiers In Delta Left To Die (Photos) / RCCG Pastor Who Stabbed And Killed His Wife Begs Gov Ambode For Pardon(pictured) / Mob Beats Kidnappers Caught While Trying To Kidnap A Lady In Lagos (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.