Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,487 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) (38855 Views)

Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun / Policemen Beat Soldier For Refusing To Wear Face-Mask In Benin / Teacher Caught Having Sex With Underage Schoolgirl As Harrison Gwamnishu Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by Thandiubani(m): 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2021
Policemen Beat Activist Gwamnishu For Trying to Save Street Hawker Being Assaulted

A Nigerian human rights activist, Harrison Gwamnishu has lamented on social media after police officers battered him, tore his cloth for asking them to stop assaulting a street hawker they were chasing in Delta state.

Instead of listening to him, one of the officers gave him a blow.

He shared the story on his Instagram page.

This morning, I was driving along Okpanam road Asaba when I saw Armed mobile Police officers assaulting and chasing a street hawker with gun. I later identify them as Task Force attached to Delta State Ministry of Environment.

I pleaded they stop brutalizing the hawker and carry out their duty in more civilized manner. One of the officers gave me a fist blow and started assaulting me.

I kept my cool as it's against my ethics to fight or abuse any human.

The officers left me and started abusing a young man making video and tried seizing his phone and we all refused.

From no where one Inspector Philip came and held me and started dragging me that I'm under arrest. THIS I RESISTED, on what basis will you arrest me? What is my crime, he could not explain.

While he was dragging and abusing me, I almost lost my breath and I had to removed my hoodie before a senior police officer attached to Legislative Quarters intervened and they freed me.

I quickly called the State Commissioner of Police and he intervened.

I wish to thank everyone that saw me, stood with me and followed me to Police Headquarters where we met the State Commissioner of Police.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXlcluiNv8E/

Watch video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSNOpV0xukk

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by DoggoneDogg: 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2021
Job hazards.

One thing I can never do again is fight for the right of any Nigerian after I once did so and the person I thought I was fighting for reconciled with her oppressor and they both turned on me.

Since then, I only fight for myself.

252 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by Thandiubani(m): 4:33pm On Dec 18, 2021
cc Seun, Lalasticlala
Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by Freestainworld(m): 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2021
Nigeria I hail ooo
Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by jeff1993: 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2021
Animal policemen

Please NL family.... I need someone to mentor me in any sidital money making skill .... I am broke and I don't want to be broke next year too

6 Likes

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by Arespect10: 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2021
Leave NPF u no go hear grin

1 Like

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
police brutality... they will always harass the innocent.. I just tire for Nigeria police

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by oluwaseunamos33(m): 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
Haaa policeman againn. Can any good news be heard abt policeman?

5 Likes

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by revived2: 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
E be many things
Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by abobote: 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
Police again?

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by WiszyFraud: 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
Thugs and criminals in uniform..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by ImoleNaija: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
I pleaded they stop brutalizing the hawker and carry out their duty in more civilized manner. One of the officers gave me a fist blow and started assaulting me.

You can only feed & fool the brainwashed with this. I am far from one, you hear?

AFRICANJAMAICA:
Fo
Ol

I don't exchange words with enemies of One Naija. You go around with venom.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by PCG001: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
тнιѕ ιѕ вad

eнn

1 Like

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by BrickDevo: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
Anything can happen in the zoo, even a zoo have law and regulations, Nigeria is no better

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by Amkio(m): 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
Too bad
Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by empressSkincare(f): 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
Ha!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by BRATISLAVA: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
The people who are in support of the Uber driver who beat up a woman should support this, too.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by blowjohn(m): 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
Who send am work?
E dey form activist abi?
Na becos e don chop beleful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by IDnoble1: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
Too bad
Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by FalseProphet1(m): 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
I see another bloody protest against the police force next year, I see more the 90% of police stations across Nigeria being burnt, I see policemen dying in their hundreds. I see chaos.

This I have seen.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by EdiskyHarry: 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
This is my advice to all Nigerians.
Anywhere, Anytime you see a Nigerian police with gun, just leave that place immediately, they are all Animals. Don't try to fight for your right or anybody's right with those drug addicts.
Nigeria is the only country you'll see graduates who are qualified both in character and learning rooming round the streets looking for jobs while political thugs, touts, mentally unstable people are recruited into the police force as political compensation.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by mariovito(m): 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
Occupational hazard.
The Police needs to be overhauled.
They still operate like they're under colonial era. They need to know that they can actually execute their duties in a civil manner.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by Odobaone: 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Make Him sorry ooo...

Anybody whey survive this weekend suppose go do special testimony for Church.

Kai.. Only this weekend all the wahala for 2021 Balance untop
Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by bigdammyj: 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
Na prank
Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by BabaIbo: 9:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
I suspect it's staged.

The guy wan trend ni.
Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by seyz91(m): 9:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
cheesy abi
DoggoneDogg:
Job hazards.

One thing I can never do again is fight for the right of any Nigerian after I once did so and the person I thought I was fighting for reconciled with her oppressor and they both turned on me.

Since then, I only fight for myself.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by floss(m): 9:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
Hmmm...young man you tried but here's my advice, next time know how and where you interrupt our trigger happy cops so that it won't be news of your sudden exit we'll be reading here soon, the annoying thing is that they will drop one Ak 47 riffle, one or two empty magazines and one live ammunition in front of your corpse...my dear once they say you're an arm robber or kidnapper or a member of UGM or even bandit, that's what you are... this is not Canada or Switzerland where laws and due process are followed, this is Nigeria, a country whose slogan is "Mind your business"....it doesn't mean you're heartless it's just a survival instinct until we are ready to call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by Praxtech: 9:22pm On Dec 18, 2021
We move

1 Like

Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 18, 2021
H
Re: Policemen Beat Harrison Gwamnishu For Trying To Help Street Hawker (Video) by DrChukki: 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2021
H

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Tied & Beaten In India By Mob (video, Pics) / Gay Marriage Busted In Sokoto State / Container Of Military Wears Intercepted By Customs In Port-Harcourt. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.