Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof (30092 Views)

Cooking Gas Price Increases By 61% / Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market / Oil Price Hits $71.28 On OPEC's Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by BDXTRA: 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
Deborah98:
First it was kero,now fuel to gas. Talking about pure water that one is gonner cos I can't remember the last time I bought a bag of pure water,what else literally everything is high now beyond the reach of an average Nigeria and our government is doing nothing about it. I no blame them Sha. I don talk,na person wey see food chop dey come only especially here on nairaland.

Enjoy your one Nigeria with your northern leaders wink grin
Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by odaniel1(m): 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
It's high time Engineering students of Nigerian universities/schools plug into this demand for coal and invent/improve on kitchen devices or equipment that are coal-driven. I bet that if they already have, this would be a veritable opportunity to cash out. Like that Barbecue guy that presented his device/equipment to Obi cubana & co.
Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by candidbabe(f): 1:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
akosy:
We go soon see people dey claim ownership of trees... grin
Trees are becoming the new Real Estate

Hahahaha
Trees is the real estate now oooo
Come to north western Nigeria and see the way people are cutting down trees because, charcoal and firewood is more expensive than gas there, due to the activities of bandits
Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by maigemuu: 1:36pm On Nov 22, 2021
APC Change!!!
Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by meobizy(f): 1:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
Na firewood sure pass. We are Africans, convenience is haram.

3 Likes

Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by simplesearch: 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
As soon as the common man understood the value of stock and started buying shares, the stock market came tumbling down. Crypto is now illegal because its bridging the gap. Gas the prestige and almost an exclusive reserve for the rich in the past now became a common thing for all to use, seems this set of people are sure not happy since there is no alternative for them to switch to, so the price must skyrocket to show distinction. Not saying this is the exact situation of things, but definitely not far from the truth. Those holding the pillar of Nigeria's existence have no place for the common man, but God will displace them.

5 Likes

Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by Kinzo0917(m): 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
angry

if you're a buhari or Apc supporter
just know that your generation yet unborn e no go better for them

I wonder how people still support this criminal terrorist government

death to all Buhari supporters in Jesus name
amen
may all of them die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die
I am not a buhari supporter but you have no right to wish anyone death. Are you more righteous than them? If God decides to take a life tonight, you will be surprise that HE will start from you. No one is happy with the way things are in the country but that does not mean you should wish anyone death

1 Like

Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by od501: 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/households-restaurants-switch-to-charcoal-firewood-as-gas-price-hits-the-roof/

Any which way ma way abeg. If you leave this government, they fit send everyone go village.
Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by tj2018: 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
Falter79:

We were scammed

Please listen to news form different part of the world. The price of gas is soaring because of Russia vs Europe crises.
Remember, NLNG is 49% Nigeria , 51% foreign investment.
Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by Fashdeejay(m): 1:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
Its funny how those nitwits wont comment on posts like this!! That mai suya dude or is it vulture griller and the likes

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by Blackdisciple(m): 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
GRACEGLORY:
Proverbs 29:2 (The Message)
When good people run things, everyone is glad,
but when the ruler is bad, everyone groans.

Na so oo

2 Likes

Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by EndBuhariNow(m): 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
Our lying pastor professor of mere commissioner of vice president, said Nigeria is in the hand of God

3 Likes

Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by Kinzo0917(m): 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
bounju:
NAIJAGAS in Abuja still sells 12.5kg for 8,500 and will still do home delivery for you

Call them on 09072744444
. Which area for abuja dem dey? And is the delivery free? How person go take know if the KG they brought is equivalent to what you bought? Abi na the person house them go fill the gas?

1 Like

Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by SheriffDTrader(m): 1:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
You will never see the Dead Meat Seller here. It will never be well with that guy and his Darling Daddy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by SheriffDTrader(m): 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2021
tj2018:

Please listen to news form different part of the world. The price of gas is soaring because of Russia vs Europe crises.

What about the hike in price of almost every other commodity, is it also a a global thing or you just want to support the incompetence of that Buffon in Aso Rock

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by TenQ: 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2021
3minssex:
Cc Seunmsg yarimo senatordave tinubuadvocate ngpatriot antichrist bollove sarrki garfield genbuhari helinues bulleyesmedia, and other Buhari/APC supporters.
In shame they remain silent!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by godisshit(m): 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2021
BMCs will avoid this post like the plague

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by Sheriman(m): 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
We always love to keep enduring suffering in this country. In a sane country that majority of the citizens can't tolerate and accept a bit harsh condition like ours would have troops out in masses to protest against this incessant hiking of goods and services. Here, we will rather keep enduring, enduring and dying slowly in silence. Unfortunately, in our own country no one is ready to voice out and if someone managed to voice out, there are some people who will still shame him or her for doing that. All what we know how to do is to cry on social media, some average Nigerians have already accepted this suffering condition as faith due to their strictly adherent to religion. Leaving everything to God that God will intervene while their corrupt politicians are looting all the resources meant for development of the people.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by daddytime(m): 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
tj2018:

It should be the other way round as per the percentage ownership.
Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by lexy2014: 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/households-restaurants-switch-to-charcoal-firewood-as-gas-price-hits-the-roof/

Theraregem1, ur paymasters said they are joining the rest of the world in fighting against climate change. So how are they going to achieve that objective with the increase in the price of cooking gas and d switch to firewood? Or are u still buying gas at the old rate? How are you enjoying the inflation brought to bear on Nigerians by your paymasters?
Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by SirLakes: 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
APC Zombies and street urchins are buying it cheap I guess.

Don't worry Zombies will start chewing sand very soon when the hunger inflicted by their master Buhari wire dem well well. Their monthly 30k still dey tortori dem grin

Una go geh sense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by Omniman(m): 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2021
Na charcoal chicken republic dey use now
Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by dfrost: 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2021
akosy:
We go soon see people dey claim ownership of trees... grin
Trees are becoming the new Real Estate

grin grin hug am well well abi...
Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by dfrost: 2:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
Omniman:
Na charcoal chicken republic dey use now

Are you serious or joking? grin cheesy shocked

First time I will utter this “e choke” cheesy
Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by ajepako(f): 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2021
I swear dem no lie

Even me sef don order for kerosine stove and charcoal stove on Jumia..

I can't go and kee myself..

All you Buhari supporters on this forum : ( In the voice of Lekan Kingkong Agba Inaki ) : Isinku yin oo ni soorire ooooo

7 Likes

Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
Kinzo0917:
I am not a buhari supporter but you have no right to wish anyone death. Are you more righteous than them? If God decides to take a life tonight, you will be surprise that HE will start from you. No one is happy with the way things are in the country but that does not mean you should wish anyone death

Stfu. You and your useless God should Stfu.
You're obviously a kid still eating mama thank you, hence the reason you're oblivious of the bad state of this country's economy.
Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by Omniman(m): 2:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
dfrost:

Are you serious or joking? grin cheesy shocked

First time I will utter this “e choke” cheesy

I bought their fried rice recently and I can perceive the smoke all over the food grin
Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
seborrhic:

The cowardice in the average Nigerian is second to none.
No food on the table,lives being lost daily like fowls are being killed,yet fear and extreme cowardice are making people to stay in their homes, lamenting while they are dying.
How can any reasonable goverment change its policies if people can't come out on the streets,talkless of the unreasoningly incompetent one now ruling.
Since the average Nigerian,impacted chiefly by the policies av all collectively embraced suffering,let us continue suffering till death comes calling.,

GBAM. Suffering Pro Max Continues.....
Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by DisLifeSha: 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2021
Not everybody dey see food chop o. I can't meet up with my expensive food as a Type 1 Diabetic as the prices of any diabetic food is very expensive now. Many days this, I do not eat

Deborah98:
First it was kero,now fuel to gas. Talking about pure water that one is gonner cos I can't remember the last time I bought a bag of pure water,what else literally everything is high now beyond the reach of an average Nigeria and our government is doing nothing about it. I no blame them Sha. I don talk,na person wey see food chop dey come only especially here on nairaland.
Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by cocolacec(m): 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
Our lying pastor professor of mere commissioner of vice president, said Nigeria is in the hand of God
He means Nigeria is on autopilot.
Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2021
meobizy:
Na firewood sure pass. We are Africans, convenience is haram.

Hehe this got me cracking, Blavks generally loves suffering. Anything convenience Is truly Haram to them.....grin

3 Likes

Re: Households, Restaurants Switch To Charcoal, Firewood As Gas Price Hits The Roof by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 22, 2021
tj2018:

[s]Pease listen to news form different part of the world. The price of gas is soaring because of Russia vs Europe crises.
Remember, NLNG is 49% Nigeria , 51% foreign investment[/s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Float: Dangote, Abdulsamad Rabiu Lost $5.85bn, Say Bloomberg Index / How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses / The 10 Most Innovative Sources For Getting Good Business Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.