Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr (28095 Views)

Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh / The Armband Cristiano Threw To The Ground Raises Money For Serbian Child / Serbian Barber Carves Lionel Messi Headshot For Fans At N64,000 Per Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by Realhommie(m): 3:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
adioolayi:

Amunike, former African footballer of the year...Olympic Gold medalists, former player of Sporting and Barcelona....As a manager he was the coach of Nigeria team that won FIFA under 17 Worldcup in 2015.

Now tell me who the hell is NFF running after Put their records side by side as players and managerial experience..he is no match for Amunike
He even qualified and took Tanzania to the AFCON. Though he had a poor showing and was booted out afterwards.

I don't even know which stand to take but one thing i know for sure is that Rohr can't take us any further. And then this guy, I'm skeptical, very skeptical.

Amaju is disappointing sha.
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by kenzysmith: 3:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
younglleo:
no problem, develop ur self esteem first nd stop seeing the whites as ur Messiah!
u people will be screaming racist but your rasicm in your heart is next to norm so all this while u always critizes rohr is because of a local coach. Sentimental human being
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by anyilalaz: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
NFF president and some politicians with vested interest need someone to launder they illicit money via this Eastern European. Mr Amaju and his cohort don't care about football. These are guys that will frustrate the national team so that they will share the budgeted fund for the team, receive bribes from players that are not qualified to represent the Nation.
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by leetylee: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
Super eagles good managerial duty died with Stephen keshi may his good soul rest in peace..

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by kenzysmith: 3:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
adioolayi:

You didn't answer the question....Which World Cup Experience did Rhor had before Coaching Nigeria..the answer is NON. Nigeria gave him that experience.

Same way, Oliseh has not Coach any team at the Worldcup..and he will have that experience if given the job
so if u are d NFF chairman u will allow oliseh to excite the 2 legged playoff because u want to be sentimental
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by robosky02(m): 3:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
That's not what he is saying..

The man is being employed as a COACH..

NOT for his Journalistic acumen. sad

Talk is cheap analysis is easy

We want real football coach
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by bisi16(m): 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2021
From one quack to another..
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by oluwasegun007(m): 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
Poor CV

Better give us a local coach with no name.
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by Damian10(m): 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2021
Judging by his CV, he is no upgrade to Rohr, infact Rohr is a better coach so expect the SE to regress immediately he comes in. Stick with Rohr until after the nations cup atleast or get a proven winner who knows African football inside out like Herve Renard, who won Nations cup with a zambian national team who where huge under dogs at the time. he also coached African giant cote' d voire. The name is Herve Renard bring him in ASAP before man u go for him shocked

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by robosky02(m): 3:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
adioolayi:

Amunike, former African footballer of the year...Olympic Gold medalists, former player of Sporting and Barcelona....As a manager he was the coach of Nigeria team that won FIFA under 17 Worldcup in 2015.

Now tell me who the hell is NFF running after Put their records side by side as players and managerial experience..he is no match for Amunike

Amaju is running from the Truth

In fact amaju is the worse that happened to Nigeria football

Even with all these agitation he see nothing wrong with Rohr

And is plotting another scam
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by We4all: 3:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
paulolee:
all these unknown coaches wey no even get name for dier country
naim naija like to dey carry for head..
pls we need coaches dt are familiar with african football, if d NFF CNT
get any, we should pls stick with local coach..
this man gat no name n it would be a shame If he cnt take us to d
world cup..

They hire according to what they can afford or do you want them to go for a Man U like coach? He has a fine face. We go manage am like that.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by joelsteron: 3:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
Emperormartin:
Pls they should give it to Emmanuel Amuneke he’s our best option
Can we have unlike on this forum.
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
leetylee:
Super eagles good managerial duty died with Stephen keshi may his good soul rest in peace..

Oliseh would have been a better coach if Nigeria was not corrupt.

Oliseh is too rebellious to succeed as coach of the Super Eagles.

Although, he had an impressive stat with the Super Eagles. In the 14 games he was in charge, he had 19 goals, conceded 6, and had only 2 losses.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by Sttk: 3:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
Just replace him with anything
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by adioolayi(m): 3:25pm On Nov 22, 2021
kenzysmith:
so if u are d NFF chairman u will allow oliseh to excite the 2 legged playoff because u want to be sentimental

What's the difference this relatively unknown coach they are prospecting will bring

If they are not ready to be serious, then leave Rhor alone...Don't just bring a mediocre for the sake of just changing Coach, when you have better local Coaches.

That's the point
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
Damian10:
Judging by his CV, he is no upgrade to Rohr, infact Rohr is a better coach so expect the SE to regress immediately he comes in. Stick with Rohr until after the nations cup atleast or get a proven winner who knows African football inside out like Herve Renard, who won Nations cup with a zambian national team who where huge under dogs at the time. he also coached African giant cote' d voire. The name is Herve Renard bring him in ASAP before man u go for him shocked

Unfortunately, Renard has a job, and he is doing well (as usual) with the Saudi Arabian team.
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by Kpakam(m): 3:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
DisLifeSha:
A Nigerian coach allowed to select players by himself would do better
By the way,where is Samson Siasia?
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by richmanrichard: 3:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
robosky02:
Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Rohr

The Nigeria Football Federation have lined up former Serbian national team coach Mladen Krstajic as replacement for Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr, Completesports.com reports.

According to various sources, Rohr’s exit should be finalised this week and the 47-year-old, who managed Serbia at the 2018 World Cup, could be the man to replace him.

Top NFF officials are set to meet his representatives this week to finalise details of his contract.

Krstajic is a free agent after leaving his post as head coach of Serbian club TSC last month.

The former defender was capped 59 times by his country and scored two goals.

He also played for German clubs Werder Bremen and Schalke 04.

https://www.completesports.com/serbian-mladen-krstajic-lined-up-to-replace-rohr/
nigeria wud not qualify 4 d worldcup
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by 360command: 3:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ghana and Nigeria, they like all this Serbia(Yugoslavia) country coaches
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by lexy2014: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
kenzysmith:
To me this is a very good move by the NFF for him to have coach Serbia national team means he is not a bad coach. Serbians are known for organizing a good team and been tactical in the way they approach games to me is a upper grade to genort rohr .
He is 47 I believe is hunger to sell himself to big clubs in future will want to make a statement with our national team.

I hope the NFF will pay him is salary when due

Since u say "Serbians are known for organizing a good team and been tactical in the way they approach games", can u pls tell us where u have witnessed this and where's the result in European football and on the world cup stage?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by lexy2014: 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2021
Kpakam:

By the way,where is Samson Siasia?
Had problems with fifa cos of matcfixing stuff. Still trying to clear his name
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by lexy2014: 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
We4all:

They hire according to what they can afford or do you want them to go for a Man U like coach? He has a fine face. We go manage am like that.

Are u saying that NFF can't afford local coaches?
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by kilisi(m): 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
festacman:
If you read Mladen Krstajic's managerial history, you will cry. He is NOT in any way near our own Emmanuel Amunike that FIFA frequently drafts into its technical committee during World Cups. Besides, Mladen has zero experience of working in Africa.

What is wrong in giving Amunike a chance since he groomed most members of this current Super Eagles as coach in under-age national teams? I believe Amunike can draw from his rich experience and his knowledge of these young players to build a better Super Eagles team.

The fact is having had Sunday Oliseh question things as Super Eagles manager, Amaju Pinnick now prefers inexperienced Europeans manager who will 'worship' him to make money than a fellow Nigerian and a stakeholder who would question mediocrities.

When is Amaju Pinnick's tenure ending because this mediocrity needs to stop. He is just using Nigerian football to strengthen his position in FIFA and nothing more.

You too sabi, my man. Rumours have it that Amaju Pinnick is using those coaches to steal money. If that is true, then Pinnick should be removed.
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by jrusky(m): 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2021
kenzysmith:
his pedegree is bigger than the amuneke u are begging for he has a world cup experience under is bet

I take God beg you I take everything you pls read my post well, understand it before you quote me again or just ignore it and move on pls na beg I beg you Mr because there is nowhere I mentioned Amunike name infact Rohr or Roar should continue his job rather than taken Amunike.

Amunike can not do the job and I will be last to mention Amunike name to coach Super Eagle. Ok

Amunike that nearly ruin Ihenacho career you want me to mention? Amunike that will become coach and start tribalism madness in Super Eagle you want me to mention? I know Amunike when it come to senior Eagle class so Amunike my a s s.

Good day.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by kenzysmith: 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2021
jrusky:

I take God beg you I take everything you pls read my post well, understand it before you quote me again or just ignore it and move on pls na beg I beg you Mr because there is nowhere I mentioned Amunike name infact Rohr or Roar should continue his job rather than taken Amunike.

Amunike can not do the job and I will be last to mention Amunike name to coach Super Eagle. Ok

Amunike that nearly ruin Ihenacho career you want me to mention? Amunike that will become coach and start tribalism madness in Super Eagle you want me to mention? I know Amunike when it come to senior Eagle class so Amunike my a s s.

Good day.
sorry sir for interpreting ur comment in the wrong light
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by beresponsible(m): 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
robosky02:

Mladen Krstajić (Serbian Cyrillic: Младен Крстајић, pronounced [mlǎden kr̩stâjitɕ]; born 4 March 1974) is a Serbian professional football manager and former player who played as a centre-back.

He represented Serbia and Montenegro at the 2006 FIFA World Cup. From January 2015[1] until March 2020,[2] Krstajić served the role of chairman of the board of Bosnian Premier League club Radnik Bijeljina.

Krstajić was born and raised in Zenica, SFR Yugoslavia, present day Bosnia and Herzegovina to a Bosnian Serb mother from Bijeljina and a father from Žabljak, Montenegro.[3] After playing in the youth teams of Čelik Zenica, Krstajić moved to Kikinda, FR Yugoslavia, present day Serbia in April 1992, following the breakout of the Bosnian War. He started playing with Senta for six months. He then moved to OFK Kikinda, at that time a first league club. At some point of a successful career as a Serbian football player, there comes the time, to decide, whether one wants to play for Partizan or for Red Star Belgrade, and Krstajić decided to take the move to Partizan in 1996. According to Krstajić himself, Red Star was interested in him, but as he comes from a family that cheers for Partizan, he decided to sign a contract with his favourite club. His four and a half years at Partizan were more than successful, winning the national championships three times (1996, 1997, 1999) and also the national cup in 1998.

Werder Bremen and Schalke

Krstajić with Schalke 04 in 2007.
In 2000, Krstajić, the defender with the "winner mentality" (Jupp Heynckes)[citation needed] joined German Bundesliga club Werder Bremen who paid a DM 1.8 million (about €950,000) transfer fee to Partizan.[4] At Werder Bremen he was initially deployed at left-back in his first season[5] but became one of the best central defenders in the Bundesliga,[4] winning the double of Bundesliga and cup with Werder in 2004.

In 2004 he joined Schalke 04, where he was named the new captain on 17 March 2009

Partizan
On 5 June 2009, Krstajić signed a two-year contract with his former club Partizan.[7] In January 2010, after the departure of Nenad Đorđević, he was named the new Partizan captain.[8] After two very successful seasons, Krstajić played his last professional match on 21 May 2011.[9] Immediately after retiring, he was appointed as the new director of football of the club. After less than 6 months as director of football, he was sacked due to a media war against club president Dragan Đurić. Aleksandar Stanojević resigned as manager as a result.

The day before Krstajić was released, Partizan fans, Grobari, chanted his name as a sign of support during a basketball match against arch rivals Red Star.

International career
Krstajić was a part of the Serbia and Montenegro national team "Famous Four" defence, which conceded just one goal during the qualifying for the 2006 FIFA World Cup. The other members of the famous four were Ivica Dragutinović, Goran Gavrančić and Nemanja Vidić.

Between 1999 and 2008 he made 58 international appearances scoring 2 goals. He represented three senior national sides: FR Yugoslavia (1992–2002; 20 appearances, 2 goals), Serbia and Montenegro (2002–2006; 27 appearances), and Serbia (2006–2008; 11 appearances).

Managerial career
Serbia
In October 2017, Krstajić succeeded Slavoljub Muslin as head coach of the Serbia national team, initially as a caretaker. In December, it was announced he would take on the role permanently and at least until the end of the 2018 FIFA World Cup.[12][13]

On 13 June 2019, Krstajić was sacked from the position after a dismal 5–0 loss in a UEFA Euro 2020 qualifier against Ukraine.[14][15]

TSC
Krstajić became head coach of TSC in January 2021.[16] He left the club in October.

Administrative career
Before becoming a manager, Krstajić became the new chairman of the board of Bosnian Premier League club Radnik Bijeljina on 23 January 2015.

During his time as club chairman, Radnik became a stable Bosnian Premier League club, finishing almost always in the top five or six. It won its first ever national and major trophy, the Bosnian Cup in the 2015–16 season and thus qualified for its first ever UEFA competition, the 2016–17 UEFA Europa League qualifying rounds.

In the 2018–19 Bosnian Premier League season, Radnik finished in fifth place, but as fourth placed Željezničar did not get an UEFA license to compete in the following season's UEFA Europa League, Radnik was qualified by default to the 2019–20 UEFA Europa League qualifying rounds for a second time in its history.

On 27 December 2019, Krstajić unexpectedly decided to leave Radnik, stating that it was time for someone new to lead the club.[23] He officially left the club on 28 March 2020, with Predrag Perković succeeding him as chairman.[2]

Seems he is more qualified as a club technical director than a national team coach. He was dismal as the Serbian coach how's he better than Amunike
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
hikiki:
Unknown gunman coach! The name go hard us to pronounce self....

Make sure you put kpomo in your mouth before you call the name
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by ComeToJesus: 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
Serbian?

Bora Milotinovich was another disaster
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by Maconstruct(m): 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
How about that sacked spanish watford coach that enjoyed signing Nigerian players last summer.
It's better we reward him for his patriotism besides he is fresh frm d oven of EPL.
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by Samunique(m): 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2021
Swanzi:
grin Do I get the sense Nigeria is trying to copy Ghana … ? W’ve had Serbian coaches most of the time…from dukovic to Milanovic and milovan back to back.
Any way take it from me they are good.
You forgot Bora milutinovic, that witch doctor of a coach, who made Denmark to humiliate us in France 98' ? undecided
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by Femeto: 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2021
robosky02:
Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Rohr

The Nigeria Football Federation have lined up former Serbian national team coach Mladen Krstajic as replacement for Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr, Completesports.com reports.

According to various sources, Rohr’s exit should be finalised this week and the 47-year-old, who managed Serbia at the 2018 World Cup, could be the man to replace him.

Top NFF officials are set to meet his representatives this week to finalise details of his contract.

Krstajic is a free agent after leaving his post as head coach of Serbian club TSC last month.

The former defender was capped 59 times by his country and scored two goals.

He also played for German clubs Werder Bremen and Schalke 04.

https://www.completesports.com/serbian-mladen-krstajic-lined-up-to-replace-rohr/
Person wey no sabi English.
Re: Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr by We4all: 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2021
lexy2014:

Are u saying that NFF can't afford local coaches?

Affordability in this context goes beyond the financial means. A local coach can easily burst their bubbles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chris Ogbonnaya Celebrates His 34th Birthday Today / Obafemi Martins And Abigail Are Expecting Their Second Child (Photos) / "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.