Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? (24776 Views)

Can Someone Access Their Pension Funds Before Official Retirement Age / What Is The Start Up Salary Of An Air Force Recruit With SSCE? / Increasing Teachers’ Retirement Age As Catalyst For Better Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by WADZAS: 5:40pm On Nov 22, 2021
Them no dey retire
Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 22, 2021
Gf
Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by anochuko01(m): 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2021
Good question
Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by Finland(m): 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2021
The retiring age of air hostess vary. In private (domestic)airlines, the retirement age depends on medical tests of employees regarding health. Evey year medical tests are conducted and to continue your job , you need to clear the all. In international airlines the retirement age is 40–45 years basically.
Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2021
many ugly old air hostesses on british Airways!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by Seun360(m): 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2021
AlItalia hostess dem dey old o
Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by gressie(m): 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2021
Once you become too fat you have to retire otherwise you will be causing .obstruction in the aisle of the plane
Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by PDPGuy: 5:43pm On Nov 22, 2021
Here in the US, a good number of Flight Attendants retire in their 60s or 70s

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by PDPGuy: 5:43pm On Nov 22, 2021
perambulator:
many ugly old air hostesses on british Airways!!!
Chai
You wicked o
Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by auwalyau: 5:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
I have one that looks above 50, though they are few.
Ekakamba:
It seems they retire at an early age. I have never seen an air hostess that looks 40 or above on both local and international flights (stands to be corrected though).

Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
PDPGuy:

Chai
You wicked o

but na true...especially on london lagos route. it's not only their old planes they send to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 22, 2021
Immediately BEAUTY fades away & Make-up can no longer hold on.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by AroOkigbo(m): 5:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ekakamba:
It seems they retire at an early age. I have never seen an air hostess that looks 40 or above on both local and international flights (stands to be corrected though).

Fly united airlines from Houston to LA. Na grandmas full there.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by vikiphy89(m): 5:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
I have seen few around mid 40s at delta airline, but here in lagos domestic route i haven't seen any above 35 except for guys. But dnt try dana air o, e be like na olosho full dia, omo those girls hot and very young.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by demoBaba: 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2021
Baba God pick my call, I haven't enter air Baba...

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by Success77x: 5:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
Abeg those Ethiopian air hostess, who dey recruit them self?
people when dey recruit them get eagle eyes.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by COUSIN1279(m): 5:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
Pregnancy
Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by money121(m): 6:06pm On Nov 22, 2021
Prechgold1180:
Omo and who Dey always select air hostess
Dem Dey always fine like angel adaura
Av you seen ethopia air host my brother those babe fine ooo
Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by money121(m): 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2021
Success77x:
Abeg those Ethiopian air hostess, who dey recruit them self?
people when dey recruit them get eagle eyes.
I dey tell u my brother over fine dey worry those babe
I told my wife
Wo awon omo yi fine ooo grin ; grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by Ladiesdoctor(m): 6:20pm On Nov 22, 2021
Prechgold1180:
Omo and who Dey always select air hostess
Dem Dey always fine like angel adaura

Except one local airline their hostesses dey always look like ogbomosho girls
Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by Walkee: 6:20pm On Nov 22, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Job that you're not allowed to get pregnant or else you will be booted out is that one a job
so you carry belle dey waka up and down for that tiny aisle?
Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by BABANGBALI: 6:21pm On Nov 22, 2021
Forlahh:
I think they chose to retire when they want to settle down. Because the job doesn’t allow them to have kids
it only allows them to enjoy pricks
Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by lifenija: 6:23pm On Nov 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
I am guessing retirement age is 45 years old

I have seen 40 and 45 years old air hottess on arik and Emirate. They are usually slim but also few, in most cases, they are the head of the air host team on flights and they usually sit behind the pilot door and most of them attend to first or business class.

u ask their age?
Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 22, 2021
lifenija:
u ask their age?

By looking at them, you can guess their age.
Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by cayorday89(m): 6:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
PENNYSWAP:
When her boobs and yansh sagg

When her skin reacts Negatively to all the concussion she’s be using as body cream just like the pics below
Your craziness is on another level.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by CaptainFM1: 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
I guess when they are no longer beautiful
Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by Kinkinatus(m): 6:35pm On Nov 22, 2021
Have you travelled on KLM recently? I was on a flight two weeks ago and all their air hostesses look to be late 40s or early 50s.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by MrPresent(m): 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
I wanted to be an Air Host some time back but it didn't work. Let me tell u the story.

When I finished University, I started looking for a Job. I looked at myself and said since I'm good looking with great height and nice physique, I told myself I should look for work in the Aviation sector. So I decided I was going to be a Flight Attendant/ Air Host/ Cabin Crew (These are the names. They are all the same).

Luckily for me around that time, I heard of a Cabin Crew Career Fair held at MMA2 Lagos and they were inviting good looking guys and girls interested in being Cabin Crews to attend.

I woke up, dressed well, looked good and went to attend the Cabin Crew Career Fair. Meanwhile, I applied online and was invited to attend the Event. They told us to bring our CVs and Pictures along. When I got to the venue, there were people already there already. Everyone looked like they came for Mr Nigeria and Miss Nigeria Pageant.

Everybody was so professional. Different Avaition companies came ranging from Dana to Arik to Aero and so many others. Even their Pilots were present. All the company staffs and HRs too attended. The hall was filled up. Then they started talking to us. The event was a networking event for people that wanted to be Air Hosts/Air Hostesses.

They talked and talked. We were already getting bored. All we wanted was for them to start selection so we could know our fate.

Then one lady came to talk. She started by telling us a story of her experience as a flight attendant. She said she used to be a Flight Attendant but she resigned voluntarily. She said that one-day she was off-duty and was chilling in her lodge with a colleague. Then she had a premonition right there. She said she saw an Aircraft taking off. While the plane was taking off, the plane crashed in the Air. She told us the name of the Aircraft. She said it was a popular aircraft then. After it crashed she came back to her senses and was worried for days because she knew that particular Aircraft.

Months later, she was to be on-duty on that particular aircraft. This time, she had forgotten about the premonition she had months back. A day to her flight day, she fell terribly sick. So she called in sick. She was at home that day.

The next day, a colleague of hers called her and she picked. When she picked, the colleague was shocked and asked her where she was. She said she was at home. The colleague started thanking God that she was still alive. At this point in time, she was confused at what was going on with her friend. The friend now told her to check the news. She checked and saw that a particular Aircraft had crashed and it was all over the News and papers. Apparently, it is as the SAME AIRCRAFT she saw in her premonition months back.

At this point, she became so cold because she knew she would have been dead if not for the sickness that made her not be on duty on that flight that day. She knew God had saved her life becos she said so many of her colleagues who were on that flight, died in that Crash.

She said the following week, she tendered her Resignation letter. People were asking her why but she didn't say or tell anyone her reason.

Immediately she finished talking, the whole hall became so cold and quiet. If a pin had fallen on the floor, you would even hear it. You could read the level of fear in all of us who attended the career fair.

Next thing this woman now said was

"That's my story and I'm not trying to discourage you o.
SO IF YOU STILL WANT TO BE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT, LET ME SEE YOUR HANDS UP" angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by Kobicove(m): 6:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
Once you become too fat you have to retire otherwise you will be causing obstruction in the aisle of the plane grin
Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by We4all: 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
kenzysmith:
On a serious note am looking for a wife in delta state if u live at warri perfect I dey beg

Upload your real pic and let’s start from there.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? by edgecution(m): 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ekakamba:

I have seen Air Hostesses looking as old as 60 years old on DELTA, AA, UNITED AIRLINES.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Things You Need To Survive As A Banker / Police vs Army: Who Earns More? / PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.