Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? (24134 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay In Nigeria? / I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / Nigerian Caregiver Jailed In UAE For Staying 30-minutes In The Bathroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Elsucre24: 5:23pm On Jan 02
I will be 31 this year. Omo the age is scaring me and I keep feeling like I’m not doing enough. I have a stable job in the private sector with a 400k monthly salary. But I still feel the impact of the economy badly. I keep asking myself, at what point will I start living the good live?
I feel stock sometimes because my job is very demanding and I almost do not have time to do other things, mind you I’m in the medical field and I work Mondays to Sundays most times but occasionally I have some Sundays to myself and sometimes a day off during the week. I can’t seem to be able to start a business as a side hustle cause most of the side hustles I can think will demand my presence at least for the first few months and I don’t really have that.
My girlfriend is pregnant, I really wanna keep it but she’s not ready, I’m not even sure I’m ready. The only way she can keep it is if I’m going to get married to her before the pregnancy starts showing and I’m as confused as hell cos I don’t know if I’m ready. She has always been vocal of her plans to japa.
Now that brings me to the idea of Japa too. I mean, I cannot deny that fact that I’m scared of the whole japa stuff cos I don’t know what to expect. Economy doesn’t even allow you save as much as you should. Everything’s just seems very scattered.

Pls I need adult minds to advise me on what I can do.
1. Do I start a business, what kinda business can I start with at least 2M that will not require my full presence?
2. Do I start to plan my japa through the study route and just face my fears
3. Should I insist on keeping the pregnancy and hope that things start making sense? This means I have to get married tho.

Thank y’all.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by LordIsaac(m): 6:59pm On Jan 02
Please learn barbing first. Then buy clipper and rent a shop. Survive first!

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Jewessgratitud3: 11:38am On Jan 03
All this impromptu Japa is becoming too much.

Mr, sit your butt in Nigeria and try to live within your means. There are family men who are not earning up to 100k and them never die. Besides You do not have to marry her if you're not ready. If she can't have the baby outside wedlock, na two of una headache be that because when they tell you to stop engaging in sex if you're not ready to carry the load, una go call person mumu. Now see who's in a frenzy... Na who come be mumu now?.

Japa wey dem plan dey get k-leg how much more the one wey dem no plan. Just stay here and plan while you save up more for your Japa. Cut down your expenses and remove oju kokoro. 400k no be small money like that. Na Oju kokoro dey worry you.
Live within your means and have peace of mind.

As for the kind of business to do, go into raw food and let your babe go dey Siddon for the shop. It is very lucrative and again food no go lack for house.

Una too do for this generation.

281 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by PerfectStranger(m): 11:39am On Jan 03
LordIsaac:

Medical field worker earning 400k that barely have time should go learn barbing cheesy grin

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by vastolord4(m): 11:39am On Jan 03
grin you'd be surprised that by the middle of this year, you'd increase that 400k to 600k.. that's the power of inflation and its getting worse by day.. if you have someone to assist you at your destination of travel, it's gonna be a soft landing for you! But in my own advice is travel..

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by edlion57(m): 11:40am On Jan 03
How are u sure u will not be deported immediately

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by AngelicDamsel(f): 11:40am On Jan 03
Can you take responsibility of the child first!

A 31year old with 400k salary who can't take responsibility for his child by marriage, is that one a man!

My advice: Keep that baby, start a family.

You will be grateful for life! wink

96 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by slaawomirr: 11:40am On Jan 03
Damnnn niggar

The financial satiety gland of humans can never be satisfied or stimulated

Bros op just try and live a happy life with your 400k

Nor do pass yourself most times

The jakpa you planning on doing is good but it is not that sweet over there
Don't be deceived with what you are seeing in pictures and social media

Like I said the financial satiety gland of humans can never be satisfied
There was a day I parked my lexus Es 350 somewhere so I decided to take a walk to a nearest pharmacy store. I spent two hours out there so when I was coming back I saw my lexus from a distance where I parked it and I started feeling like haba na person get this fine lexus car so. Could you imagine I did not remember that I was the one that drove it down there. It was when my mind na said to me "idiot " na you get the lexus na. I started laughing

That was the day I actually realised that he be like Sometimes them dangote and otedola nor dey know say them be dangote and otedola

192 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by sleek214(m): 11:41am On Jan 03
Ok. I find it a little funny and annoying when I hear people say they earn over 400k as monthly salary and still see Japa as an option to earn more. My dear, first things first, 400k is enough to live a comfortable life here in Nigeria. I earn below 400k but I've been to two European countries on vacation. Most Nigerians that earned above 400k here in Nigeria and left their jobs for the Japa syndrome are regretting it over there, they wish they could turn back the hands of time. If you travel out on vacation to see them, what they do and how they live, you'd appreciate God for giving you a good job here in Nigeria. Forget what people abroad post or show on social media, it's a hoax. Most people that will come on your thread to advise you to Japa don't even earn up to 60k monthly.

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Splashme: 11:41am On Jan 03
Japa if your have the opportunity.
Secure the lives of your family and future generations.

400,000 Naira is just 400 Dollars

We now have thieves in Aso Rock posing as leaders. Forget the lies they keep telling you about 'Nigeria will be better '

24 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by BigDickProblems: 11:41am On Jan 03
You are not acting like a man. You are indecisive are you don't seem to have a plan for yourself.

Just calm down, write down all issues and do the maths yourself. You'll see the answer glaring at you.

Forget any advice they wan advise you here.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by taiwotimitt: 11:41am On Jan 03
400k is not enough for Japa.
But I can give you sure 2-10 odds to double up grin grin😂😂😂

15 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by ATEAMS: 11:42am On Jan 03
Stay

4 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Skillsnigeria: 11:42am On Jan 03
Hmmm
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Pootle: 11:42am On Jan 03
so lets think for you

3 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Chimezie198(m): 11:42am On Jan 03
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by mannobi(m): 11:42am On Jan 03
Please before you japa, kind connect me to your 400k salary job.
Safe journey to your destination sir.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by RandomFellow: 11:42am On Jan 03
You're not ready to japa. You're also not ready to marry; neither are you ready for a business. Save some more, like 4-5m, when you have enough for either japa or business, then you should make a decision.

Take this from a married man that is running a business; that is striving to survive. Don't get married for now; at this rate, you won't be able to save 1m in a year after wedding

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Sofistcatdmoron: 11:42am On Jan 03
Nigeria money is loosing value,,
As a bachelor I finish 400k in a month, talkless of if I have my kids and wifey,
Bros run ooo if u see Chance

11 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by parkervero(m): 11:42am On Jan 03
We have started again

2 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Kloenboi: 11:43am On Jan 03
don't abort that baby o!

10 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by udoka55555: 11:43am On Jan 03
LordIsaac:
. I Don't understand this your advice.

2 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Itiskdg121(m): 11:43am On Jan 03
Think and do some findings on your own before you take the final decision.
The japa part is not cheap. You cam switch your attention to Nairaland travel section for the best advice on japa.
Business is good, but also do a thorough feasibility study of any business you would like to venture into.

The ball is now in your court.

2 Likes

Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Dnet9dnet: 11:43am On Jan 03
When you are ready for any of your school assignment don't forget to contact me
Re: Is 400k Job In Nigeria Worth Staying Or Should I Japa? by Lanretoye(m): 11:43am On Jan 03
Stupid question,anybody that is offering you a 400k job is wasting his money cos you cant be giving someone without common sense 400k.simple decisions you cant even make,you must come online to show your foolishness.

32 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

AIT Staff Beg Buhari To Intervene In Salary Crisis / Back To Nigeria After Medical School? / Transcorp Hilton Staff Loses Job For Supporting Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.